Augustana Care Employee Reviews

Augustana doent care about its employees.
Home Health Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2019
You are over worked and understaffed awfen no compensation for working understaffed that you can use I rarely got a brake and the benefit well there really are none i would not recommend working for Augustana care.
Overall great place to work
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2019
Overall great place to work, great experience, I would recommend it to other people to work here. The residents are fun, the place is beautiful, a little old fashion but that’s part of the spark it has.
Excellent
Housekeeper/ Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 9, 2019
I am grateful for the experience working at Augustana. I got to work with incredible people and serve kind residents. The business is well organized and has great staff.
April 12, 2019

Thank you for choosing to work at The Rosemount. We strive to make every day a good one for employees and residents—and for all those who walk through our doors.
--Angela B., Chief HR Officer

A great work place to work they love helpin each other in anyway
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2019
I really enjoyed my time there some days was bad but most days was great i just love helping people really didn't didn't have any hard day's the management was great as well.
March 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review. We are truly pleased to see you enjoyed working with us - and greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts on Indeed.
--Angela B., Chief HR Officer

Augustana is a fun place to work
TMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2019
I loved working at Augustana. Even though it was a little ways from my house then, I didn't mind the driving. Very nice teammates, clean environment. They wanted me back when I came back from Africa but I didn't want to work in two nursing homes at one time anymore.
Pros
Free meals some times
Cons
Good encouragement
March 29, 2019

Thank you for your thoughts and taking the time to write them down! We are glad to see how much you liked your teammates and the environment - and hope you'll let us know if you decide to return.

Resident and Employee Oriented
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNMarch 2, 2019
I look forward to coming to work every day! Although it is busy, I enjoy my coworkers and the Christian based environment. If you are looking for a workplace that focuses on residents, Augustana Hastings is the place.
Pros
Management that cares, Coworkers that work together for the residents. Best benefits that I've seen in years.
March 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We are truly grateful to know that you enjoy your coworkers and Christian-based environment. We are also thankful for our dedicated employees.
--Angela B., Chief HR Resources Officer

easy work quick and nice coworkers
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 10, 2019
the only problem i had there was communication id ask for help and id get sarcasm and a hypocritical answer to a point where id just skip some of my routine and it wouldnt just be my coworkers it would be my manager too.
March 4, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience and liked the work and coworkers. We are also concerned about communication and want to invite you to reach out to us directly so we can learn more. Please contact me at communication@augustanacare.org.
--Angela B., Chief HR Resources Officer

Loved this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2019
I loved working for Augustanta just a great company to be apart of. Great advanced opportunities. Great atmosphere as well. Team players every one seem to want the same goals
March 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you loved working for Augustana Care and found great advancement opportunities! Our priority is to be the employer of choice for those who want to work with older adults - who bring so much joy to our community.
--Sara S., Director of Recruitment

Going out of the building with the residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2019
The coworkers and residents got along pretty well and that made you want to come to work to see how people are doing? The hardest part of are job is if are equipment didn't work properley
Pros
Eating with the residents getting to know them
Cons
No breaks some days
January 16, 2019

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed getting to know residents and if you would like to reach out to us directly, we'd like to learn more about your experience. Please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org. We'd also like to point out that Augustana Care rules state that employees should be consuming food in the employee cafeteria. In additional, all employees are scheduled for breaks during their shift, depending on how many hours they work. In some circumstances, we ask management staff to assist employees to allow their staff to take a break. All campus employees attend the same general orientation where resident and employee safety is discussed to include how to report equipment that is not working properly, as we take resident and employee safety very seriously. Equipment that is not working properly is immediately removed from the work area and tagged for repair. We hope you will contact us directly so we can learn more about the situation you are describing.

Culture Problems and high patient load
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNNovember 29, 2018
This organization lacked teamwork. Asking for help was akin to pulling teeth. Combine poor working environment with high patient load this place was asking for trouble to happen.
December 4, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience. The Administrator and the DON would like to talk through the experience that you had while working with us, as we want to continue striving to be better every day. Our staffing patterns are some of the highest in the industry, and we will work to continue to build teamwork. This is very important to who we are. While our Hastings campus has had a continued Five-Star Rating and great surveys for many years, we always want to continue to improve and hope you will contact us directly. Please send us a message at communication@augustanacare.org and we will respond promptly.

Fast paced work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNOctober 23, 2018
Being a CNA means some days are extremely hard and tiring and some days are more laid back. If you want a fast paced work place that varies from day to day this is the place for you.
October 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Work-life balance is extremely important to our organization, which can include educational scholarships, personal time off when needed, and comprehensive training. We would love to hear more about your experience and invite you to contact us directly at communication@augustanacare.org.

Augustana Health Care Center
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Augustana health care Center, management was always very fair and kind. Focus 100% on resident safety and well-being . I especially enjoyed the variety of cultures of other staff members, being from so many different countries was always a learning experience
Pros
Excellent pay, and wonderful people to work for
Cons
Parking was always an issue, the travel distance from work location to my home was too far
October 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We feel truly blessed that so many wonderful people from diverse cultures are working at Augustana Care. While we are on a bus line and close to light rail, we understand your travel issues. We do also offer free parking next door and in a lot that is three blocks away (off of 7th Street and 11th Ave). I wonder if there is any way we can work together to help you in any way? Please feel free to contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.

Awful
CNA (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNOctober 1, 2018
You may want to look at the management first of all, and consider replacing each and everyone of them. They come and go as they please. Polices do not apply to them. In every job posting it always states room for advancement!??? That only applies to to higher ups, even if they don't have the skills or degree. Wonder why people don't stay and why your resident census is so low.! This is a small community and the reputation of this facility is not good, Everyone's hours are getting cut but managements, why is that? They are not out on the floor trying to fulfill the life's of the residents. But the funny thing is when the state shows up they are all on the floor acting as tho they do this daily. We as staff know the truth. I could go on and on but it doesn't seem to make a difference as you always comment on each review that you are truly sorry! If you were truly sorry then you would do something but you have yet to prove that,
Pros
Residents
October 15, 2018

We are in fact quite concerned about your review and want to connect with each and every employee personally when they express opinions such as yours. Our priority is to help staff find what they need to succeed in all our communities. However, we cannot do so unless you are willing to contact us directly at communication@augustanacare.org. If you request a confidential meeting with our Human Resources department or administration, that request will be honored. Your views are important to us.
--Tara P., Administrator

Poorly Run,and Dangerous
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2018
Poorly managed, work, work and work with NO THANK YOU, that is all you do here, unless you are management and come and go as you want. Site always short staffed. New People leaving only after 2 weeks here. I am leaving Augustana once I find a better job and near my home. Be warned.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Every things else and more
September 24, 2018

We are truly very sorry you are having this experience, as we are very grateful for all our employees do. I’d like to invite you to connect with me personally to see if I can be helpful to you. Please send a message to me at communication@augustanacare.org and I will respond promptly to set up a time to meet with you.

Short-staffed and unethical
RN, TCU, Apple Valley (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Short staffed with insufficient stock and working equipment to properly care for residents. Staff cycles through quickly. Management does not interact with floor personnel to help better care for residents
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
poor quality of care
September 24, 2018

I am sorry to see this review as care is a priority to us and we are very concerned about giving staff what they need to suceed. I want to invite you to contact me personally to discuss the issues you raise here, so I can help in any way possible. You can reach me at communication@augustanacare.org.
Dave S., Administrator

Poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNSeptember 15, 2018
No job security. Policy and procedures are not adhered to. They change to benefit what the management needs at the time. The rules and employee guide lines do not apply to all staff.
Pros
Hourly staff are great and totally care about the residents.
Cons
Management will use you up and burn you out for their own needs.
September 26, 2018

We are extremely concerned to read your thoughts and want to invite you to connect with us personally to learn more about what you are saying here. Our goal is to be an employer of choice for all employees. Please contact us at communication@ augustanacare.org as soon as possible, so can sort through some of the issues you raise?
--Tara P., Administrator

Great place
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2018
Augustana is a great place to work and I have gained a great deal of experience there. I have worked with some great people and the staff is a pleasure to work with.
September 7, 2018

Thank you for choosing Augustana Care! We strive to be an employer of choice and the fact that you took the time to write your review means a lot to us.

Great Place to Work!
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNAugust 27, 2018
I started my nursing career with Augustana, and have been here for almost a year. I love my job and what I do. My co-workers are great, super supportive! I love that my student loans are paid and I don't have to worry about that extra expense. I love that I have learning opportunities everyday and there is never a dull moment!
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review today. We are so pleased that you love your job at Augustana Care! We also believe staff members are supportive and are honored to be part of this community.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Good stepping stone? Learn about yourself by serving others.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, COJuly 28, 2018
This seems to be a reputable company. You'll love your residents, and they are definitely the best part of care giving with Augustana. These types of jobs are easy to find for a reason, but if you feel called to do it you can find real fulfillment with this work. You'll just need a second job to survive in most cities because it does not pay well.
Pros
Job security, health insurance, paid time off.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, high turnover, and overworked management.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working with us. We do appreciate what you are saying and strive to offer competitive wages. We would like to invite you to reach out to us directly and see if we can help with your concerns. Please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.

Wonderful Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJuly 13, 2018
Deciding to work at Augustana was one of the best career choices I could have made. This Senior Care organization is different from others with a strong mission and vision for it's employees. The opportunities to grow in the company are vast and the employer offers scholarships and loan forgiveness. I would highly recommend applying for a job with this organization!
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! It means the world to us to know that you are finding opportunities to grow and that you are pleased with our scholarships and loan forgiveness programs. We are honored you are choosing to work at Augustana Care.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augustana Care. Our community is ready to answer.