Augustana Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJuly 13, 2018
Deciding to work at Augustana was one of the best career choices I could have made. This Senior Care organization is different from others with a strong mission and vision for it's employees. The opportunities to grow in the company are vast and the employer offers scholarships and loan forgiveness. I would highly recommend applying for a job with this organization!
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! It means the world to us to know that you are finding opportunities to grow and that you are pleased with our scholarships and loan forgiveness programs. We are honored you are choosing to work at Augustana Care.

fun active people
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2018
Work is great and the people are amazing the work is actually one of the best because you get the chance to interact with the resident and their family as well.
July 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are really pleased to see that you are enjoying your work and welcome the chance to connect with residents.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

August and not is in fun friendly environment place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2018
Augustana is a real nice friendly workplace very very friendly get along with people very good just ask the nurses I really nice is Chef he's a really nice guy true
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 mins
July 13, 2018

Thank you for your comments today. We agree that Augustana Care is a friendly place to work and the nurses and chef are wonderful. Please contact us directly at communication@augustanacare.org if you have questions or need anything more.

Safe and productive environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJune 23, 2018
Augustana is a great facility for clients to call home. As a certified nursing assistant, I was treated fairly and was able to expand my knowledge of healthcare and geriatric care. Unfortunately, I had to leave this facility because the commute time was a bit far for my liking and I was offered a position closer to my home.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. We so appreciate your thoughts and it sounds like you were able to grow during your time with us. The door is always open for you to return.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Good people to work with was the nicest thing about working here.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 29, 2018
The hardest part of working here was frequently working short. There wasn't very much incentive to pick up extra shifts. Management had its favorites.
June 1, 2018

Thank you, it is helpful to know that you found your coworkers to be good people. I hope you will contact us directly so we can talk through some of the issues you raise, and see if we can address them?

scheduling problems
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNMay 22, 2018
not able to find help covering or changing shifts. work culture very clicky.

communication between nurse and aides very limited. constantly mandated to cover short shiftd
May 30, 2018

Thank you for writing. Communication is a crucial piece of any working relationship, and we would like to address the concerns you raise here. Can you please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org so we can be of more assistance?
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Working with great professionals who love their jobs
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2018
I have worked at Augustana Care for over 14 years in a director-level position. It has been a very positive experience with advancement and professional growth opportunities. There are many top-notch, genuinely caring individuals that work for the organization. Great team to be a part of.
May 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. We too believe there are dedicated, caring individuals working at Augustana Care! If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Former Employee
HSKP/NAR (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNMay 20, 2018
First I just want to say I love my JOB!!
My co-workers and the residents.
Yes it can be stressful at times in any department you work in. You just have to remember to " breath in and exhale " The manager do a good job by helping on the floor helping with residents and rewarding us with treats, bringing in breakfast or pizzas :) to some it may not be enough but it helps and I'm very appreciative in all that they do. I'm blessed to have a job.
Pros
Awesome boss
Cons
Parking lot
May 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are truly very pleased that you love your job, coworkers and residents. We are honored that dedicated staff members like you are choosing to work at Augustana Care. Our goal is to be the employer of choice for employees in all our communities.

Amazing Job Work/Life Balance
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 10, 2018
The dietitians at Augustana Care are top of the line and really care about the patients and residents they serve. Augustana Care was very flexible with time off requests and many times would adjust schedules to allow this flexibility across positions. I enjoyed my time spent at Augustana Care and have been patiently waiting for an opening with my now advanced title.
May 30, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts! Augustana Care does strive for flexibility and balance, and it is great to hear that this worked well for you. If there is something more we can do to help you grow your career, please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of HR

Emerald Crest of Burnsville
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 16, 2018
Very high pace job. The management is not ideal, and could use some improvement. One thing I have had to get use to is working alone in a house of 11 resident. I don't believe the is a safe environment for me or the residents. make sure you know how to stick your grounds if you truly want t work here. you only get 15min breaks and have to have lunch with the residence, (not every enjoyable)
Pros
Residence
Cons
short breaks, and management
May 9, 2018

We would like to invite you to reach out to us directly to address some of the issues raised here, as safety for residents and staff is our priority. We also want to provide an environment where employees feel valued. Again, we hope you will contact us directly at communication@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Good job if you're patient
Server (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMarch 8, 2018
A typical work day would be coming in and setting up the dining room to get ready for the guests. Once guests started coming in you would take their appetizer order and get it for them and special drink orders. Once you come back you can take dinner orders and wait for the cook to have dinner served. There are usually four servers and the cook will make all of the dinners for one server before going to the next server. After dinner, you get dessert orders and deliver the take out dinners to guests rooms. Once guests leave the dining room is cleaned up and dishes are brought to the dish room to be cleaned. Since it is an elderly home, the guests can be impatient or cruel sometimes.
Pros
Free food during breaks
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your description. We have heard many employees tell us how much they love residents and patients, but want to invite you to reach out to us directly at communication@augustanacare.org if you wish to share more.

Cook/prep/dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 7, 2018
It was a nice place to work . I would go back if I could . I loved the residence their as well as some of the crew I worked with at the time . This is a friendly place .
April 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at Augustana Care. We also believe it is a friendly place and would welcome you back if the opportunity arises!

Clinical site
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2018
This was a clinical site for my nursing school, Hennepin Technical College, clinicals. The patients did not seem to be all that happy to be there. I felt the patient to nurse ratio was too high.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your review, as we value the thoughts of all students and employees. If you have time to contact us at communication@augustanacare.org, we would like to learn more about your experience.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Often understaffed, no current mgmt available on my floor currently
RN, TCU, Apple Valley (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNFebruary 26, 2018
Augustana was very family oriented upon starting with many of its employees being employed 30+ years at the facility. Between corporate changes and mergers many of those people are now gone, with quite a few of their positions left vacant.

My joy now comes with working with my patients and encouraging their healing in TCU until they are ready to go back home. I must however relocate at this time and will be very sad to say goodbye to my coworkers and patients that I have come to love.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Understaffing, extra hours cause burn out.
April 3, 2018

We are thankful for your time and dedication and are truly sorry to hear you must relocate. Being a family-friendly employer is a top priority at Augustana Care. If it is possible, we would like to connect with you personally about your review. Please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.

Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2018
One of the best places to work in long term care hands down !!!! The managers are friendly and the atmosphere is so calm and welcoming . Augustana makes you feel right at home.
April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. Your words mean a lot to us, and we truly appreciate the kindness, compassion and professionalism of employees. Thank you for all you do!

Awful place to work
Former cna (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJanuary 26, 2018
Do not apply at augustana moose lake. This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Management will not help you out in any way. They can treat you poorly, but you have to kiss their butts. Mandated non stop. If you refuse( having already worked your shift) you get points against you. High turn over monthly.residents are not getting the care they need or deserve. The reputation of this facility is not good.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Horrible management
April 2, 2018

We are truly sorry that your experience was not a good one. If it is possible to speak with you personally, we would really like to do that, and encourage you to contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.

Unprofessional Administration
Nurse (Former Employee) –  COJanuary 8, 2018
Administration and management unavailable, unprofessional, unqualified, and supervisors will not return your calls. Home Office biased. Hostile co-workers. HR unprofessional and not confidential. No orientation. Understaffed and desperate. No weekend housekeeping. Food service does not understand special diet requirements. Physicians rude and unsupportive to nurses.
Pros
Nice residents.
Cons
Hostile unprofessional work environment.
April 2, 2018

We are extremely concerned about your thoughts and would love to be able to sit down with you and discuss them directly. If you are able to contact us at communication@augustanacare.org we would greatly appreciate it and will most certainly respond.

strait to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2017
helping those with daily living activities and escorts. Helping those with changing, feeding, bathroom breaks, assisting the head nurse. People working here have a good work ethics and are very helpful. Everyone does their part to get through the day. Hardest part of job was getting there and that they expected you to learn quickly and to go out on your own but it wasn't that bad. Everyday was a good day.
Pros
great help and managment
Cons
not enough hours
May 9, 2018

Thank you so much - we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and agree that everyone does their part and wants to help each other. If you have any questions or ideas, we would love to hear them and hope you will reach out directly to us at communication@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Bad
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNDecember 17, 2017
Horrible experience. In every sense of the word. Mean nasty co-workers. Even most of the residents were horrible. Worst health care experience of my life! Coworkers were terrible. Childish. Unhelpful. Always on their cell phones. Cut throat. Called me names. Unbelievable!
Pros
Nothing good. Good location. What di uvwant me to say?&
Cons
All cons. Alot of cons. Workers mostly
April 2, 2018

We are truly sorry to see that you had this experience, as it is not what we typically hear. If it is possible to reach out to us directly, we would very much appreciate being able to connect with you personally about your review. Please contact us at communication@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

This non profit organization is an excellent employer.
Management (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNDecember 13, 2017
The facility is very well run by an Executive Director with a great deal of experience in the industry. Very collaborative environment that takes into account the opinions of the Directors of the departments when making decisions that affect the whole facility.

Highly recommend this employer and work environment.
April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate the exceptional dedication of employees and are very pleased you are choosing to be part of the Augustana Care family.
Michael, VP of Human Resources