Augustine Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast pace environment
Main Banker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJuly 30, 2018
Depending on how busy the shift was depends on the work load. I worked the graveyard shift and it was always less busy then the rest of the shifts. When cashing out slot tickets or poker chips concentration was very important to avoid any mistakes or over paying.
Pros
Free lunch, uniforms and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced environment
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJuly 10, 2018
Customer service, handle 50,000.00 in cash on a daily basis. cash out winnings, balance out to the penny, count out drawer for next shifts. Hardest part of my job was maintaining to stay awake for a graveyard shift
Pros
Meeting new people at all times
Cons
graveyard shift
Productive place
Slot Attendant/ Relief Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJune 28, 2018
awesome place to work at. friendly staff friendly environment lots to learn lots of classes to succeed in. Fun envioment fast pased greet guest customer service.
Its a bussiness first community
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Cvoachella, CAMay 10, 2018
The job comes first with them even though they preach work balance

Publicly the love their long term employees but slowly remove the benefits that keep them their.

Loved my coworkers, met many great people and some great friends.

The turn over in management is almost break neck speed. There have been great ones and bad ones,some who care and some who just want to kill time to retirement.

I did love the diversity of work from day to day.
Pros
Free lunch, great paid time off, 401k
Cons
The time off is great if you get permition to use it, They automatticly deny about 75% of unemployement claims no matter what.
Amazing Place to Work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CADecember 19, 2017
Great leadership team and employees, free meals 401K, health insurance and great hours. been with the company for 6 years. large percentage of the employees are 15 years plus. and the atmosphere and guests are amazing
Pros
Free meals
Good Job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CADecember 16, 2017
good place to work at it does get really busy and its a positive casino.
you learn whats legal and illegal gaming .
great food and good pto hours.
Good company
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CANovember 6, 2017
I worked for two different departments within the company and I did not like that there was such a difference between the way they are ran. For example the company has a rule where you can start clocking in 5 minutes ahead of shift until shift start time. Well one of the departments I worked at they adhered to it while in the other department they took it a step further and you had to clock in 5 mins ahead of your scheduled time or else you were late
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Difference between departments
Interesting work
Executive Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJuly 4, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges at Augustine. It was very interesting work to me. In my position, I was able to assist in other departments so I did receive experience in most departments.
Benefits
productive place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 4, 2017
meet a variety of customers, a lot of noise and smoke to deal with, on your feet the entire shift, reasonable benefits are offered,stand at the doors and greet customers
Pros
full time
productive and fun place to work for
Slot Technician Manager (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAMarch 7, 2017
Excellent place to work for very laid back environment all visitors arrive happy and leave happier the are is also a great place to visit and live great weather
Pros
free food fun place
A nightmare experience
Table Games (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CADecember 31, 2016
Lots of promises, so much "opportunity".
The place has a lot of potential but it's run by some very poor management at least in the pit.
You have directors that brag about the years of humble experience they have to offer you but then lose patience with you the next day and fire you.
Every day I'd go in wondering if I was going to lose my job, did I forget something, did I make a mistake, did I go to the bathroom to long, did I spend to much time in the back room. Constantly under pressure each day.
It's a place with a picture friendly face till you work for them.
Maybe with a different model and new management it could be a better place glad I left when I did better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible managers and directors
Medium - High stress level
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 7, 2016
The pay was too little for the amount of stress and tasks required. The department i was in had somewhat difficult people to work for; two supervisors only.
Fun place to work at.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 18, 2015
Get to meet people everyday. A friendly working atmosphere. My typical day began with greeting guests to establishment, helping them with any special needs and advertising any ongoing promotions.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Working out in the open.
Always interacting with different customers.
Customer Service Representative/Gift (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 4, 2015
I worked ten years for this company. Interacting with different people everyday made it a fun enviroment. I learned to deal with different personalities from the guest that attended the casino. I always had a very positive relationship with my managers and supervisors, I rarely had any complains regarding my work. The hardest part for me everyday was dealing with the second hand smoke. One thing I enjoy the most about working for this company was having an awesome group of coe-workers.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
Learning to deal with the smoke when you are not a smoker
Very good evironment to work around
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Very good friendly people to work around team work is enfisized alot, room to move up. Lots of opportunities for improvement.
Pros
Room for advancement
Great people all around to work with
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CaJuly 30, 2014
I enjoyed going in to work everyday as i was treated very well with respect for myself & my job done
Fun place to work, diversity of people made it interesting.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day included being on the casino floor and answering various radio calls. I was able to learn about table games and the way the slots machines operated. Overall the management left a lot to be desired, It often appeared they were there to collect a paycheck and often their favorite people got promoted or less favorite were let go. Personally the hardest part of the job was finding enough to do to keep me busy for 10 hours. The most enjoyable was the people, both coworkers and the customers.
Pros
free food.
Cons
short breaks, no retirement
Exciting view from a different angle
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 17, 2013
Surveillance in at Augustine Casino is all digital. Agents are required to monitor hundreds of cameras and multiple display screens to protect the Casino assets. The Surveillance Department is overseen by the Augustine Gaming Commission and works closely with our staff in all aspects of the Casino floor. One of the challenges of this type of job is learning all of the casino games, payouts, transactions, etc. Not to mention, all of the equipment involved in that process. Comfortable work environment.
Pros
Great Equipment and Management
Cons
Often times work alone for long periods of time
Fun place to work
count room clerk (Former Employee) –  coachella, caSeptember 12, 2013
typical day at work is a very simple and fastpace it starts very early in the morning and it ends in also in the morning. What I have learned is that you get up early and try to work fast as you can also try to be focused. My management are very understanding also my co-workers just mind there business the hardest part of the jobs is when you need to pick up the 8 stackers and put them in the cart the enjoyable part is when we get together as a team.
Fun place to work
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 22, 2013
Provide excellent customer service, Supervise Cage personnel, assist the Cage Manager in the implementation of procedures and policies necessary to ensure that cash handling is performed within accepted standards establish by management, accounting and regulatory requirements, ensure that all assigned tasks within a shift are completed as required and that all items are balanced at the close of business, approved check cashing according to policy, responsible for the accurate posting of safekeeping and or credit transactions to customer accounts and in the computer, responsible for the final balancing of funds and assets assigned during a shift, investigate variances and assist the Cage Manager in the shift’s staffing and work requirements.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
staffing