Augustine Consulting, Inc Employee Reviews

Class Act
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 17, 2019
As a new member of the ACI Team, it is apparent that our company has been successful time and time again in multiple verticals because they are a ‘people-centric organization’. I’ve had the fortune to work alongside high-functioning specially assessed and selected personnel for over 23 plus years during my military career. During that time, I worked side by side with a litany of talented, empathetic, subject matter experts that was comprised of (peers, seniors, and subordinates alike) that impacted organizations and people in tremendously positive manners. ACI is absolutely in that likeness. I can say with all sincerity that I immediately found myself once again at home amongst a high functioning team-based organization that gets results while taking care of their people with, ‘ACI’. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found an immediate home during my military transition with ACI and exceptionally proud to call ‘ACI’ home. The company is comprised of an array of special leaders that articulate a clear intent that hiring, taking care of, and developing the right people is at the core the breadth of our companies’ successes. The breadth and scope of ACI's many strengths are robust and include seasoned Executive Leadership, cutting edge IT professionals, inclusive and dynamic Business Development Models, expansive and deliberate Marketing & Recruiting, caring and proactive HR Professionals; to include, focused and visionary execution of Operations and agile and deliberate Strategic Planning. I have been thoroughly impressed with what I have observed and consider s a  more... silent mantra of ACI employees, "we have never faced a challenge too difficult to overcome". The overall culture of steadfast work ethic and drive to excel is an example to admire and embrace. I consider myself exceptionally blessed to have been afforded an opportunity to become a member of the ACI Team. I have no doubt that I will covet being a member of this team for many years to come. ACI is a values-based organization where it is apparent on 'Day 1' that People, Character, and Integrity absolutely matter!  less
Pros
People Centric, Pay-Benefits, Tuition Assistance, Professional Development, Learning Organization, Hiring Processes, Remote Employment, Opportunities, and Job Satisfaction
Cons
None observed during my tenure with the Company thus far.
Familiar Employees and Great Compensation
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, New JerseyMarch 26, 2019
I've worked with this company for nearly ten years and have loved every minute of my experience. The work has been challenging as we constantly test and integrate new equipment for a major Army program of record. The company has helped pay for school and even provides free vision insurance. Management has provided ample vacation and sick time for family emergencies. They take a "family first" approach to ensuring employee contentment when emergencies arise, even if that means flying someone home early from a trip. This company asks for hard work and has high expectations of employees, but also does a lot to make you want to work for them.
Pros
Emphasize the importance of education and put family first.
Cons
Contract work limits employment stability.
I'll try to be fair.
Unit Systems Integrator (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 18, 2019
The company might be alright, this might be a function of the particular contract I was on. But the management on that contract made terrible decisions, outwardly misrepresented its position in competing for new contracts, and misrepresented facts concerning their general management and hiring decisions. The contract I worked for treated its employees poorly and kept them in the dark about a host of issues concerning a contractual rebid that cost a lot of people needless heartache when, lo and behold, they didn't secure another contract. Furthermore, the company engaged in wage theft common wage theft practices and in my opinion overbilled the government in a few instances.

They did pay well, despite that, but the fact of the matter was that they didn't pay overtime when they were turning around and billing the government for overtime. And management would decide to "approve" overtime routinely on projects when it wasn't really needed and the government client was too ineffectual or too complacent to see what was going on. We are talking holding dozens of employees for overtime for 8-16 hours at $100-$150 a pop.

This was back in 2012-2015, these managers are gone and the company's corporate officers have switched, so I'll put it out there that experiences vary. My particular office, where most were employed, was toxic and I'll never go back to this company again.
Pros
Pay was good, work/life balance was fairly decent when not traveling
Cons
Toxic work environment, toxic management, toxic all around
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYNovember 16, 2018
The management team went above and beyond to in process me as well as get me the training and development I needed coming out of the military and into the civilian workforce.
Pros
Great Leadership, Mentoring and Salary
Cons
A lot of travel
Great place to work or not...
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 29, 2017
ACI has been a family run business, but may have restructured recently. Favoritism and Family has ruled, in the past. Direct charge positions treated fairly well, overhead, not as well. Corporate culture is relaxed but stressed.
Pros
Good Staff, Culture was relaxed but stressful.
Cons
Favoritism, Low compensation for Overhead positions.
Balanced workplace
CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 1, 2017
Family oriented company of diversity. Balance work and life. Great for can do professional who wants to explore and grow with the business. Management is supportive of professional growth.
great place to work
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 3, 2015
great company, great group of people to work with, I believe in the mission of supporting the US Army. excellent pay, chance to travel
Pros
great pay
Cons
no career advancement