Auld & White Constructors

Working at Auld & White Constructors: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Cool place to work

A&W is a cool place to work. Pay is great, benefits are good, and the people really really seem to care. Projects sizes are fairly small but they put a good product in pace and I would recommend to young up and comers.

Great place to work!

I have the honor to be a colleague to some of the hardest-working men and women in Jacksonville. Our team is like a family. We work hard, look out for each other, and hold each other accountable. Together, we all succeed. The last two years with the pandemic were challenging, but our team persevered. Coming from outside of the construction industry, I ignorantly assumed or generalized what a construction firm does. They build buildings, right? True, but also so much more. We have operations in the building and the field, including project managers, superintendents, and craftspeople. We have techies, marketing, business development, estimators, administrators, assistants, and many more. We are constructors but more importantly, we are true partners to our clients. I am fortunate to stand side-by-side with a great team of craft employees, office staff, managers, and senior leadership that have an unparalleled drive. My colleagues are some of the proudest and most passionate construction professionals you will ever meet. Being headquartered in Jacksonville for over 30 years, the company is locally focused and continually examining new and innovative ways to provide construction solutions. We are growing and it's an exciting time to be working here! I look forward to continuing to be part of the team that is Building Your Future.

Pros

Great Company Culture, Passionate People, Family Atmosphere

Auld & White Constructors insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Best Place Ever!

My time at Auld & White was truly special. The people were awesome (except for one who is no longer there) and I am proud of what I accomplished and brought to the team.If I ever move back to Jacksonville they would be the first resume I send out.

Pros

Benefits, Working Environment

Cons

I love working for them learning new things about construction

My supervisor showed me a out safety about operate heavy equipment Poor concert I like my experience learning about construction I liked the way everyone working together learning

A great company to work for.

I enjoyed my work at this company, was treated with respect and advanced by review. Very family oriented and very big on training/safety. I would recommend employment at this company based on my experience with them. The superintendents are very knowledgeable and the lead carpenter s are company trained

Best Place to Work!

Auld & White is a company that values culture and has worked hard to provide a positive work environment for their employees. The leaders are transparent which creates trust and an open line of communication. I have been happy with my career development opportunities and consider myself blessed to work at an amazing company!

If you want to stay semi local, good company.

Transition company trying to find their way. I enjoyed working there but things changed for the worst after the original owners handed over the torch.

Pros

Local

Cons

Pay too little for your time

Professional offices and environment

Freedom to work independently as well as collaborating with others. Great customers who appreciate the hard work and efforts of the office and field staffs. Staff takes their work seriously and have the desire to do a great job.

Pros

Managements willingness to listen

Cons

Building more trust amongst staff

A little bit about Auld & White

Auld & White Constructors is a great place to work. It's a work hard/play hard environment. The company, just like all companies, is not perfect, however they do a lot of things right. Upper management truly cares. The company operates with a lot of integrity.

Pros

Good culture, family orientated & fun

Cons

Pace can be stressful

Fast-Paced Construction Company

Very fast paced. Management is tough from time to time and usually expects flawless work, which can be expected. Owners are very professional however and extremely family oriented.

Tough but if you want to be a carpenter it's your go-to place

So many up's and down's working for Auld an White. They helped me truly gain serious knowledge and experience as a carpenter but also showed me that carpentry wasn't a passion of mine and truly for me. Management was always so busy but tried to always meet the needs and concerns of their employees. As well, moving up the ladder took an unnecessary amount of rigorous years and even longer as i hate to say, but even longer if you were a minority. The co workers were just hard working, cowboy read em and weep type of brutes. Most of them had pain all over their body because of how hard the work worked them and by the age of 28 they all only did the work not out of complete love for the craft but because its all they knew and many, i mean many had wished they went back to school. The hardest part was sticking to a field that i slowly but surely much began to secretly hate, it was really starting to sneak up on me like 5 glasses of wine does. All in all they're a great company for any aspiring carpenter out there who doesnt mind, little pay, alot of moving around, working with guys who dont wanna be there but great experience.

Pros

Fast paced and good teachers

Cons

Its construction

Great company

Great company the management is down to earth. They enforce quality and customer service. I felt I personally was the right fit

Pros

Team involvment

Cons

Can be long hours and weekends

Extremely educational environment

This was the most enjoyable job I have had because of the Project Manager for whom I worked. He taught me so much about construction and how to read drawings, prepare subcontracts and purchase order, review submittals, etc.

Pros

Manager, job site office

Amazing Construction Company

Auld and White is a largely owned construction company with a friendly environment and great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auld & White Constructors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Auld & White Constructors Reviews by Location

Learn about Auld & White Constructors in popular locations

• Auld & White Constructors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?