Aultman Health Foundation

Aultman Health Foundation Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
Good teamwork
Very busy fast paced environment with uplifting coworkers. Variety among coworkers. Supportive and flexible management. Hardest part were days when we were short staffed.
Home Care can be a rewarding place to work with great support from peers.s.
Leaving Aultman Home Health was a complete surprise due to restructuring, not poor performance. The therapy manager was demanding but fair and always had my back.
Used to be nice
Was a great place to work 10 years ago. Management and benefits have gone down hill. It is a community hospital and they are trying to stay afloat. They now hire travel nurses who are not invested in the hospital or community. Still not straight day shift as floor nurses, even if you're there for many years. Swing shift is terrible for health/well being.
Aultman is a great hospital
Aultman is a pillar in our community and always looking out for our area businesses. Good place to work. It has been very good to my family and professional career. I would recommend it to others.
Pros
Quality Healthcare
Cons
Busy place
It was okay but stuck in role
I was enjoyed my job until I wanted to learn more to eventually move to higher position. I have a degree and thought I should be getting paid for one since I was using it. I was told a new position would open for me and it was mine. It was given to someone less qualified and refused to give me the raise I deserved.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Respiratory Therapist
Absolutely the worst place to work as a respiratory therapist! Leadership is terrible and upper leadership is even worse. The is no autonomy, if you like being a aerosol junkie and being bossed around by RN’s this is the place for you.
Pros
Medical Insurance
Cons
Pay, autonomy, leadership
Good balance
Like all healthcare organizations, it can be fast paced and hectic. The nice thing about working here is that your team members are always willing to help
I had 17 years with an excellent company that took care of their employees
Aultman was my favorite job I got to switch departments and even out patient facilities and eventually moved into Hone Care I drove many miles, and loved the one on one with my patients
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Worked holidays
Fun place to work and great co-workers
Great place to work with a team approach. Co-workers are easy to get along with and make work fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help and watch patients get better.
Love it
Going on 20 yrs at Aultman. I’ve worked in many departments and have not one bad thing to say! I think staffing ratios are great for the most part. Peak census can make things a little more crazy but not to the point anything is unsafe or should be changed
Ok place to work.
Same as all jobs in healthcare, Nurse to patient ratio is to high, always understaff. PTO time always used up when getting called off due to low census. Have to use 3 days PTO time when sick before you can use sick time. Benefits are terrible and overpriced
Great place to work when you have the appropriate staffing
Aultman Woodlawn is a great place to work, it needs to be more oraganized they have a high turnover rate with staffing. They are usually short staffed, if you pick up to earn extra cash. You pick up to still work short and to work on the other 2 floors that are sister units. The managers spend majority of the day in the office working on staffing and at the end of the day staffing is still short. They need to work on staffing as in hire people who will stay. If they had better structure they would keep more staff but they treat the staff like nothing at times. The old employees who been there for years. Don’t get recognition they praise the new ones that come in. If a situation comes about, they will take the side of the patients family instead of listening to staff, some patients are confused and they still will go off what the patient says and not the staff. Call lights go off forever, most nurses sit at the desk and don’t answer lights if can be 2 aides for 30 patients and they have 4-5 nurses and they expect the aides to do it all and patient care. They need to have everyone trained in every department to answer lights and not walk by them. And provide patient care. If they have teamwork it would run so much better. I feel bad for the patients when it’s short staffed they get less care from the sides and rushed. I wouldn’t recommend sending my loved one here
Pros
Great when you have the staff that’s needed
Cons
Short staff, managers don’t help out on the floor.
Good place to work Will always have a piece of my heart
Worked for Aultman almost 40 years. They outsourced my job otherwise I would like to think I’d still be there. Good benefits, good pay scale and I worked with a great bunch of people.
Benefits
Cons
Outsourcing jobs
Aultman Career
Great place to work, good benefits and pay. Great Place and Great People. Room for advancement. Many opportunities many offices to work at. The hospital is well maintained as well as the physicians building.
Fun place to work, lacks advancement.
Aultman is a fast paced place to work. Compensation is fairly average. Lacking advancement. Management is very out of place and not organized. Turn over rate is high for an entry level position.
Pros
Fun, benefits
Cons
Compensatiom, advancement, management
Very difficult atmosphere to work in. Worked under several directors, the last two made coming to work almost unbearable
Although I enjoyed my role providing care to patients the management was difficult to work for. Favoritism, inconsistency from day to day, and lack of communication. The new CNO is making a difference. There still needs to be change in the managers and some VP’s. I just couldn’t wait or deal with all the negativity.
Pros
Decent wages, on going education, peers
Cons
Very poor unit director
Poor management
Was lied to several times by management. Management also would lie to staff and play staff against each other was just poorly ran. No communication. Rarely got breaks rules changed every day. Pay wasnt worth what the workload was and what you had to put up with
Pros
Benefits.pto
Cons
No breaks . Poor management
Good employment experience
On a typical day of work, I have interactions with a variety of different professionals in different roles. I regularly look at quality metrics, deal with personnel issues, review budgets, and assure that operations are running smoothly.
Patient care suffers at times, lack of financial incentive.
Stressful, short-staffed, and managers do not seem to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers as many try to work together to get the job done.
Pros
Employees care.
Cons
Insurance premiums increase each year. Staffing insufficient and turn around constantly increasing.
Great working environment with a dynamic team
Its been 9 years since I worked there. I learned a great deal about hospital operations, physician relationship management, contract negotiations, and gaining experience across all areas of the organization.
Pros
Great leadership team
Cons
Challenges of healthcare and compliance guidelines
Productive and condusive to learning
I throughly enjoyed my job at aultman due to unforseen circumstances in my personal life I had to seek other employment. I would return to aultman in a heartbeat if they had an opening in my department.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aultman Health Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.
Aultman Health Foundation Reviews by Location