Aultman Health Foundation Employee Reviews

Aultman Career
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton,OhioDecember 11, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits and pay. Great Place and Great People. Room for advancement. Many opportunities many offices to work at. The hospital is well maintained as well as the physicians building.
Very difficult atmosphere to work in. Worked under several directors, the last two made coming to work almost unbearable
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 10, 2018
Although I enjoyed my role providing care to patients the management was difficult to work for. Favoritism, inconsistency from day to day, and lack of communication. The new CNO is making a difference. There still needs to be change in the managers and some VP’s. I just couldn’t wait or deal with all the negativity.
Pros
Decent wages, on going education, peers
Cons
Very poor unit director
Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Aultman health foundationSeptember 20, 2018
Was lied to several times by management. Management also would lie to staff and play staff against each other was just poorly ran. No communication. Rarely got breaks rules changed every day. Pay wasnt worth what the workload was and what you had to put up with
Pros
Benefits.pto
Cons
No breaks . Poor management
Good employment experience
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 9, 2018
On a typical day of work, I have interactions with a variety of different professionals in different roles. I regularly look at quality metrics, deal with personnel issues, review budgets, and assure that operations are running smoothly.
Patient care suffers at times, lack of financial incentive.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 14, 2018
Stressful, short-staffed, and managers do not seem to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers as many try to work together to get the job done.
Pros
Employees care.
Cons
Insurance premiums increase each year. Staffing insufficient and turn around constantly increasing.
Great working environment with a dynamic team
Various Executive Positions (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 12, 2018
Its been 9 years since I worked there. I learned a great deal about hospital operations, physician relationship management, contract negotiations, and gaining experience across all areas of the organization.
Pros
Great leadership team
Cons
Challenges of healthcare and compliance guidelines
Productive and condusive to learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I throughly enjoyed my job at aultman due to unforseen circumstances in my personal life I had to seek other employment. I would return to aultman in a heartbeat if they had an opening in my department.
friendly place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 11, 2018
my morning starts out with speaking to everyone, then getting my cart ready to start my day. I have learned many things from my work place such as, when someone looks lost to go and present my name and ask if they need help. communication is the key to everything. the hardest part of my job is nothing really. I get along with everyone, and the most enjoyable part is making some smile.
Pros
eat lunch with your co-workers or can go walking
Cons
break time is to short and parking is horrible
Good place to work but fraternization is very bad.
Shift officer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 25, 2017
Aultman was a great place to work however it was very hard to be promoted in my department. Fraternization was very bad and caused several issues among coworkers. Many decisions were made about promotions that didn't sit well among workers. Any time a promotion presented itself it was always handled differently.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Lack of promotions
Human Resources Recruiter and Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 28, 2017
Great atmosphere and does great things in the community; Job security is difficult now with the ever-changing government regulations; Culture is warm and loving
Aultman Hospital
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Aultman Hospital is a great place to work for because it has the work/family balance that people need. The down side is that the salary is a little low with the rest of the market.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Coworkers are awesome.
BSN STAFF/CHARGE REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 5, 2016
Great work atmosphere and teamwork abounds. Enjoy caring for all individuals. Physicians are a pleasure to work with.
Nice place to work
Recruitment Coordinator- Blood Center (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Spent the last 13 years here. I've been provided with areas to grow and move up. Some of my fellow co-workers have become more like family. The benefits are good and for the most part the overall job security is reassuring. Nice place to work.
Great place to work.
Customer Service / Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 30, 2015
Handled many situations in my job. No day was typical everyday was different. Learned something new each day. Plans were always changing and nothing was ever in stone. Something was always grey and would have to say that was the hardest part of the job.
Busy professional environment
IR Technologist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Patient care is main focus.
Fair benefit package
Priority to keep employees working, no lay offs
Shipping and Receiving
Distribution Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 18, 2014
Order Stock and Put Aways, it was a great time, relaxed atmosphere and a great place to work
Aultman Hospital, 5 North
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 15, 2014
Over the years of working at Aultman Hospital I have gained quite a bit of clinical experience. I am NIHSS certified. I have telemetry experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of patients. Hands down. The hardest part of my job is the schedule. I work days, nights, and afternoons. Sometimes all in a four week span. The voice of the staff nurse is no longer being heard. Assistant Managers are not proactive leaders. I find them to be inconsiderate and ineffective.
A typical day for me is centered around direct patient care in a critical care setting. Usually caring for four to five patients in a day. When I am at the charge nurse desk, the role varies a little. Mostly communication with doctors and family members as well as keeping the unit running smoothly.
Pros
health care, pay
Cons
scheduling
Constant educational experiences
System Specialist, Clinical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 7, 2014
I spent many years in the facility. I was sent to many different education experiences throughout my carrier. I learned many different software packages over the years. Over the years I spent there management became bloated and inefficient. This had a detrimental impact on many aspects of the job. I enjoyed the interaction between medical staff as well as with others int he Clinical Engineering Department. The hardest part of the job was also the most satisfying part as well. That part was the need to respond to urgent situations that would arise. these situations ranged from immediate response to equipment issues in Surgery, Cardiac cath labs, and ER, as well as Surgical, Medical, Newborn, and Cardiac intensive care units.
Pros
Highly demanding. Tremendous need to think quickly on the go
Cons
Stress.
job security due to advancement in more procedures within the department
Computed Tomography Technologist RT(R) CT (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 1, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work. Workload is very demanding and it is not uncommon to have frequent interruptions. Good teamwork among co-workers to get the job done. Hardest part of job is the workload. The most enjoyable part is helping people.
Pros
job security
Cons
not enough staff for demanding workload
Aultman was a great place to work with great leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 14, 2012
I worked for Aulltman Hospital from 1980 until 2011, when my husbnd's job transfered us to Arizona
Pros
good benefits, company took care of it's employees
Cons
personality conflicts, but that was rare