Aultman Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Oncology Clinical Research Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 17, 2018
It took me a year to find this job and it was worth. I travel 50 minutes every day have no complaints. My day is complex with multiple things going on at once. I open new studies, review new studies we might want to open, process continuing review and format amendments. Constant interaction with nurse coordinators and the surgeons. Once a month there is a huge meeting that I put together.

My department in Clinical Trials is small. Everyone is so nice and wonderful and always trying to help everyone out. I work directly under the Director of the Clinical Trials Department in oncology and she is wonderful. Understands that I want to grow in this position and already has me in societies that can get me to my next step.
Pros
involved in upcoming drugs to help cancer, making connections, growth and education offered
Cons
Feeling underpaid, Very difficult with keeping things organization, 6 months of no PTO for new hires
started there after graduating as RN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioNovember 6, 2018
I started working at Aultman after graduation and wanted to learn skills not covered in classes and get experience. Learned a lot on cardiac floor including monitoring heart monitors, IV's insertion, maintenance, assessment. Learned to listen to patients and coordinate what they were saying with their s/s. Computer charting, Increased communication skills.
Pros
nice staff, learned a lot, improved skills, enjoyed work
Cons
worked nights and hard on me as I do not work nights well
Aultman Hospital (Main)
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working in the main hospital. A fast paced environment provided a for constant change. Interacting with my co-workers and staff members from the other departments was enjoyable.
Wonderful job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 1, 2018
Very lovable job to work at. Everyone is very helpful. Easy hands on training for housekeeping. The patients are very nice and loveable. Easiest job I've ever had amd definitely would recommend this to anyone.
Strong company dedicated to the satisfaction of their employees and patients
RN Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 9, 2018
This hospital makes an effort to promote achievements and reward success. If things are improving they give recognition where it is due. The safety and protection of the patients and staff are a priority. Security is always available upon request. Some more improvements need made on the floors with equipment accessibility to properly complete our jobs. Staffing is getting better with the new addition of techs. This has been a great company to work for.
Very stressful
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Employees at Aultman treat housekeepers like the ground they walk on. I have never been so degraded in my life until I started working for Aultman. It's a very busy demanding job, and we do not make enough to be treated the way we are.
aultman hospital
Radiology Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2018
lots of hours available and benefits were awesome. you get good insurance and good work environment, managers are understanding with schedules. hardest part of the job was the on call hours
Pros
caffeteria, benefits, overtime
Cons
crazy schedule, managment
It Paid the Bills
Sterile Processing Tech I (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2018
You can make good money working Incentive and overtime but that is only because the hospital is so short staffed all the time. Management is decent but with the employee turnover being so high its hard to get that team feeling.
Very picky management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 5, 2018
You have to be perfect to be offered a job here as a patient care tech, they don’t give nobody a chance! I have 2 years of experience and still wasn’t offered a job, they said they need people with more experience, management won’t even give people a chance!
Pros
Called in for interview
Cons
You have to be perfect to get hired
Cares about community
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 1, 2018
Cares about patient satisfaction and employee well being. Provides comfortable aesthetically pleasing work environment with patient and employee safety in mind.
Awesome place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 30, 2018
I loved the working environment and the atmosphere of everyone working together to achieve one goal and that was to keep the patient safe and do everything that was possible to help them feel better.
Fast paced environment
Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot in my time at Aultman. Each day will challenge you with complex, real world issues. Pay could've been better. Management was good in most departments. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Aultman Hospital and am thankful for 12 years there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
Good environment, terrible management
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 2, 2018
Aultman Hospital as a whole, was a nice place to work. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was pleasant. The pay was decent and the benefits were not half bad. But the management was were it fell apart. The higher up the ladder you went, you stopped being viewed as a person and more as a tool to just be used in the best man we that they saw fit. They didn't understand our hardships or that they were stripping us of our moral. People kept quieting in my department, and they just kept hiring in young and inexperienced kids to make up the slack, who were quickly unmotivated to work due to the massive work load we had to take on. More work given to us on a daily basis, yet no pay compensation for the extra work. Untill Aultmans management cleans up their act, I'd suggest avoiding for now. Unless you don't mind lots of work with little pay to show for your efforts. Let alone the management in your face if unreasonable numbers are not being met.
Pros
Great atmosphere. Wonderful coworkers. Decent benefits.
Cons
Terrible management. Too much work for too little pay.
It is great to work with caring local employees in a community hospital.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 25, 2018
May be called off in 4 hour increments without compensation. Example: Regular shift is 7AM to 7 PM. At 6 AM You could get a call saying "We don't need you at 7 AM. Call back in at 10:30." You call back at 10:30 and if the don't need you, you are still waiting to see about 3-7PM.  If you do need to go in it's at straight time, even if you're driving there for 4 hours.  You either accept no pay for your unplanned time off or use PTO to get paid.

Another point of contention for people with less than 10 years, you may not be able to schedule any decent time off. Many workers have been there a long time and schedule first. If you have kids and want time off with them in the summer, well.... You can find others to cover for you, but then you are not allowed to use PTO.

After a year or two, a lot of people end up cashing out PTO.  You can roll some over.

Please, stop calling people off in 4 hour increments. People are unable to plan time with family when they use PTO unexpectedly.  Allow for scheduling of PTO. Staff appropriately so employees can take vacation time.

If employees are unable to plan vacation with their families they will burn out and be unhappy with their jobs. Then they will look for other jobs and administration will need to hire and train new staff. That is very expensive. Keeping staff happy and healthy will help retain them and save money in the long run.
Pros
Great coworkers! Most departments work well together. Because it is a community nonprofit hospital, the administration is concerned about the employees. The pay is pretty good.
Cons
Scheduling vacation time is very limited, Mostly use PTO unexpectidly in increments due to low census.
Poor management
Former employe (Former Employee) –  CBOJune 15, 2018
It was a good to be , but management rather belittle people than work with its employees. The took away everything from us as far as anything that would help employe morale. You better work under paid and short staffed. To them it’s how much can we keep cutting costs every time you turn around.
Opportunities for advancement
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 2, 2018
Aultman has many opportunities for advancement and supports those who want to advance by offering leadership courses. Longevity within the organization is seen throughout.
Would not work here again
Phlebotomist-CPT (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44710May 30, 2018
Poor management in many departments. Extremely understaffed constantly which makes scheduling a disaster. A typical day one is hardly even able to use the restroom. Staff is just so pressured with demands. Intimidation and bullying is a problem among many departments to get what they want when they want it. The fact remains without proper staffing labs do not get done in a timely manor no matter how fast one tries.
Pros
One is never without work hours.
Cons
Understaffed/ Bad management/ Bullying
Teaching trauma ii facility/magnet
ICU Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 21, 2018
Aultman was an awesome place to work and learn. They do their best to keep you up to date on new and continuing education. They let us voice our concerns without judging. Safety is a priority.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 13, 2018
Aultman is a good place to work with OK health benefits but the pay is lower than most other places. There is paid time off, 401k, vision, dental, prescription, medical, life insurance. Short term and long term disability.
fast paced
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 10, 2018
it was a constant learning experience with all the different types of patiets you got. it was very fast paced. kinda overworked just because everyone expects you to do it instead of the nurses
Pros
constatly learning something new
Cons
overworked