Aultman Hospital Employee Reviews

Very picky management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 5, 2018
You have to be perfect to be offered a job here as a patient care tech, they don’t give nobody a chance! I have 2 years of experience and still wasn’t offered a job, they said they need people with more experience, management won’t even give people a chance!
Pros
Called in for interview
Cons
You have to be perfect to get hired
Awesome place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 30, 2018
I loved the working environment and the atmosphere of everyone working together to achieve one goal and that was to keep the patient safe and do everything that was possible to help them feel better.
Fast paced environment
Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot in my time at Aultman. Each day will challenge you with complex, real world issues. Pay could've been better. Management was good in most departments. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Aultman Hospital and am thankful for 12 years there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
Good environment, terrible management
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 2, 2018
Aultman Hospital as a whole, was a nice place to work. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was pleasant. The pay was decent and the benefits were not half bad. But the management was were it fell apart. The higher up the ladder you went, you stopped being viewed as a person and more as a tool to just be used in the best man we that they saw fit. They didn't understand our hardships or that they were stripping us of our moral. People kept quieting in my department, and they just kept hiring in young and inexperienced kids to make up the slack, who were quickly unmotivated to work due to the massive work load we had to take on. More work given to us on a daily basis, yet no pay compensation for the extra work. Untill Aultmans management cleans up their act, I'd suggest avoiding for now. Unless you don't mind lots of work with little pay to show for your efforts. Let alone the management in your face if unreasonable numbers are not being met.
Pros
Great atmosphere. Wonderful coworkers. Decent benefits.
Cons
Terrible management. Too much work for too little pay.
It is great to work with caring local employees in a community hospital.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 25, 2018
May be called off in 4 hour increments without compensation. Example: Regular shift is 7AM to 7 PM. At 6 AM You could get a call saying "We don't need you at 7 AM. Call back in at 10:30." You call back at 10:30 and if the don't need you, you are still waiting to see about 3-7PM.  If you do need to go in it's at straight time, even if you're driving there for 4 hours.  You either accept no pay for your unplanned time off or use PTO to get paid.

Another point of contention for people with less than 10 years, you may not be able to schedule any decent time off. Many workers have been there a long time and schedule first. If you have kids and want time off with them in the summer, well.... You can find others to cover for you, but then you are not allowed to use PTO.

After a year or two, a lot of people end up cashing out PTO.  You can roll some over.

Please, stop calling people off in 4 hour increments. People are unable to plan time with family when they use PTO unexpectedly.  Allow for scheduling of PTO. Staff appropriately so employees can take vacation time.

If employees are unable to plan vacation with their families they will burn out and be unhappy with their jobs. Then they will look for other jobs and administration will need to hire and train new staff. That is very expensive. Keeping staff happy and healthy will help retain them and save money in the long run.
Pros
Great coworkers! Most departments work well together. Because it is a community nonprofit hospital, the administration is concerned about the employees. The pay is pretty good.
Cons
Scheduling vacation time is very limited, Mostly use PTO unexpectidly in increments due to low census.
Poor management
Former employe (Former Employee) –  CBOJune 15, 2018
It was a good to be , but management rather belittle people than work with its employees. The took away everything from us as far as anything that would help employe morale. You better work under paid and short staffed. To them it’s how much can we keep cutting costs every time you turn around.
Opportunities for advancement
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 2, 2018
Aultman has many opportunities for advancement and supports those who want to advance by offering leadership courses. Longevity within the organization is seen throughout.
Would not work here again
Phlebotomist-CPT (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44710May 30, 2018
Poor management in many departments. Extremely understaffed constantly which makes scheduling a disaster. A typical day one is hardly even able to use the restroom. Staff is just so pressured with demands. Intimidation and bullying is a problem among many departments to get what they want when they want it. The fact remains without proper staffing labs do not get done in a timely manor no matter how fast one tries.
Pros
One is never without work hours.
Cons
Understaffed/ Bad management/ Bullying
Teaching trauma ii facility/magnet
ICU Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 21, 2018
Aultman was an awesome place to work and learn. They do their best to keep you up to date on new and continuing education. They let us voice our concerns without judging. Safety is a priority.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 13, 2018
Aultman is a good place to work with OK health benefits but the pay is lower than most other places. There is paid time off, 401k, vision, dental, prescription, medical, life insurance. Short term and long term disability.
fast paced
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 10, 2018
it was a constant learning experience with all the different types of patiets you got. it was very fast paced. kinda overworked just because everyone expects you to do it instead of the nurses
Pros
constatly learning something new
Cons
overworked
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 2, 2018
This is a great position for someone wanting to start out in the healthcare field, but this is definitely not a career. Aultman Hospital is definitely one of the highest paying phlebotomy jobs in the area, but still not enough to make a full career out of the position. Unfortunately, they have the most unprofessional bosses I've ever had in my working career.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management and high Insurance Cost
very productive and learning experience
Registrar General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 1, 2018
enjoyed scheduling surgery with all different surgeon offices. Getting to know the Surgeons and how to schedule for them. Enjoyed working with all my co-workers and most of all my Charge Person
Typical large facility environment
Registered Nurse and Clinical Informatics (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44710April 25, 2018
RN many different roles
hardest part of the job was patient load and time management
most enjoyable part was the patients ability to transfer home with as much independence as we could get them to.
Good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 18, 2018
It was my 1st job out of nursing school, and my boss was very understanding and patient, and allowed me to progress and learn at a fair pace. I enjoyed my 4 years in the ICU, and feel I acquired valuable experience. I recommend this job to anyone interested in ICU
Pros
challenging, work as part of a team, learn a lot
Satisfactory Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 17, 2018
In my 3 years and 4 months I have worked with Aultman Hospital, I have gained friendships and experience. People are supportive and kind in future endeavors. Over all it was a good experience.
Pros
Making new work relationships
Cons
working midnights
Ok place to work at but a lot of drama
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 17, 2018
It is a ok place to work at. Money isn't great unless you have a degree. A lot of drama within certain departments. Just like any place you have certain people that are good workers and ones that are not.
I was a new nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 12, 2018
I was hired after graduating from Aultman hospital school of nursing. That was 49 years ago. It was a nice place to work at the time. I have have no idea what it is like now
Job security
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 20, 2018
Worked @ Aultman 41 yrs & I miss the job & the people.
There were moments I hated it, but all in all I had some great years there. Worked as secretary for 7yrs & went back to school & worked as a Surgical Asst for 34 yrs. Great repoire with Surgical team & very gratifying experience.
Pros
Job security, benefits, compensations
Cons
Shift changes. Mandatory Call. Weekend hrs.
Busy and fast paced
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 18, 2018
I LOVE! my job at aultman my co-workers are great and I really enjoy taking care of people. Management is where aultman fails. There is no face to face communication it all seems to be done through e-mail