Aultman Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fast paced
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 10, 2018
it was a constant learning experience with all the different types of patiets you got. it was very fast paced. kinda overworked just because everyone expects you to do it instead of the nurses
Pros
constatly learning something new
Cons
overworked
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 2, 2018
This is a great position for someone wanting to start out in the healthcare field, but this is definitely not a career. Aultman Hospital is definitely one of the highest paying phlebotomy jobs in the area, but still not enough to make a full career out of the position. Unfortunately, they have the most unprofessional bosses I've ever had in my working career.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management and high Insurance Cost
very productive and learning experience
Registrar General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 1, 2018
enjoyed scheduling surgery with all different surgeon offices. Getting to know the Surgeons and how to schedule for them. Enjoyed working with all my co-workers and most of all my Charge Person
Typical large facility environment
Registered Nurse and Clinical Informatics (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44710April 25, 2018
RN many different roles
hardest part of the job was patient load and time management
most enjoyable part was the patients ability to transfer home with as much independence as we could get them to.
Good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 18, 2018
It was my 1st job out of nursing school, and my boss was very understanding and patient, and allowed me to progress and learn at a fair pace. I enjoyed my 4 years in the ICU, and feel I acquired valuable experience. I recommend this job to anyone interested in ICU
Pros
challenging, work as part of a team, learn a lot
Satisfactory Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 17, 2018
In my 3 years and 4 months I have worked with Aultman Hospital, I have gained friendships and experience. People are supportive and kind in future endeavors. Over all it was a good experience.
Pros
Making new work relationships
Cons
working midnights
Ok place to work at but a lot of drama
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 17, 2018
It is a ok place to work at. Money isn't great unless you have a degree. A lot of drama within certain departments. Just like any place you have certain people that are good workers and ones that are not.
I was a new nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 12, 2018
I was hired after graduating from Aultman hospital school of nursing. That was 49 years ago. It was a nice place to work at the time. I have have no idea what it is like now
Job security
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 20, 2018
Worked @ Aultman 41 yrs & I miss the job & the people.
There were moments I hated it, but all in all I had some great years there. Worked as secretary for 7yrs & went back to school & worked as a Surgical Asst for 34 yrs. Great repoire with Surgical team & very gratifying experience.
Pros
Job security, benefits, compensations
Cons
Shift changes. Mandatory Call. Weekend hrs.
Busy and fast paced
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 18, 2018
I LOVE! my job at aultman my co-workers are great and I really enjoy taking care of people. Management is where aultman fails. There is no face to face communication it all seems to be done through e-mail
I worked the stroke floor and loved it, just didnt love the hours
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 17, 2018
I went to nursing school at aultman and worked there after graduation. It is a teaching hospital and you were always learning something. I received a great foundation of knowledge that has served me well over the years
Always proud to be an Aultman employee
Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, ohioMarch 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time as an Aultman employee. I had the capabilities to move within departments to experience different areas of nursing. Multidisciplinary planning of patient carw.
Pros
Community oriented, different nursing opportunities
Cons
Short staffed in research department, frequent says of eating at desk
Would never recommend
Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Worse place that I have ever worked in my entire professional career. Poor management that played favorites and gossiped. Really didn't care about the employees unless you were friends with her. The flooring that you have to stand on all day affects your legs, but management could care less about how you felt.
Pros
Good benefits
AMG North Canton Medical Center
LPN (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Most supervisors listen to your needs, but not all. Most doctors have been easy to work with but not all. Would like to stay with the company but not at my current position.
I loved working for them
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Aultman cared more about their employees they helped us when we needed it and made sure we were fully staffed for the day and if not got us help only bad thing was the 10 hour shifts it made us tired the people that worked with me
Pros
Management cared
My department was very productive.
Phlebotomist/EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44718February 6, 2018
I worked in a small department, everyone was a nurse but me they sent me home early every chance they Got .No matter what the census was because a nurse could always take over my job.
A terrible manager who is still there
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 26, 2018
My manager, Sue, was a very unhappy and spiteful woman who management employed in spite of the fact that she was mean and cut-throat. She played favorites which caused bad feelings between coworkers. She managed with an oppressive hand.
Pros
Sold hospital. Guaranteed work
Cons
Awful, spiteful manager, Sue R.
Lack of professionalism
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day is usually pretty busy. Constant changes, no consistency. However, I have learned to keep up with change & accept it as normal & continue keeping up with the work load. The atmosphere there is stressful. The hardest part of the job is not the job itself but dealing with leadership.
Employees are friendly and helpful
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 28, 2017
I was a volunteer at Aultman, and the staff was incredibly encouraging and friendly. They were helpful in broadening my knowledge of the medical field, which I plan to pursue and I am grateful for my time spent there.
SECURITY GUARD/FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 28, 2017
Very supportive management, willing to work around schedules and time off. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the many personalities of the visitors, some happy, some not happy at all.
Pros
unsupervised work place
Cons
midnight shift