Aunt Bertha
Aunt Bertha Employee Review

Shockingly Competent People Who Care About What they Do

March 8, 2019
Aunt Bertha is a great place to work. Everyone here cares about the company mission and everyone here has a positive attitude. Aunt Bertha is mostly made up of smart young people who are collaborative and driven. The recent office move has finally united the scattered team all in one place. It's not exactly a penthouse in downtown, but the new open-floorplan office comfortably gets the job done. The compensation and benefits packages are slightly below the industry standard for technical, management, and executive positions. For me, the tradeoff is the mission. I really believe that the work I do every day helps improve tens of thousands of lives every week. I really like the people I work with, and believe that we're building something special. To me, that's worth a certain amount of money.
Pros
fully stocked kitchen, fantastic people, great mission, rewarding work
Cons
little WFH culture, slightly below industry standard pay and benefits
October 9, 2019
N/A (Former Employee) - Austin, TX
The decisions are made about what to work on is top-down, and less collaborative. Pushing for an idea was often an uphill struggle. Decisions made about projects were product focus over user focus, which is contrary to the mission.
Pros
free lunch
June 18, 2019
Community Engagement Manager (Current Employee) - Austin, TX
LOVE working at Aunt Bertha! Offers a collaborative work environment with an engaged team of people. Management cares about employees and individual growth (professionally and personally). If you read the mission statement and feel a sense of connection, this is the place for you.
September 13, 2018
Data Quality Intern (Current Employee) - Austin, TX
With a mission to help those who are less fortunate by connecting them with the help they need, working at this company is a challenging, yet rewarding experience.
  1. Shockingly Competent People Who Care About What they Do