Aunt Bertha

Aunt Bertha Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Austin, TX10 reviews
LOVE working at Aunt Bertha! Offers a collaborative work environment with an engaged team of people. Management cares about employees and individual growth (professionally and personally). If you read the mission statement and feel a sense of connection, this is the place for you.
The decisions are made about what to work on is top-down, and less collaborative. Pushing for an idea was often an uphill struggle. Decisions made about projects were product focus over user focus, which is contrary to the mission.
Pros
free lunch
Aunt Bertha is a great place to work. Everyone here cares about the company mission and everyone here has a positive attitude.
Aunt Bertha is mostly made up of smart young people who are collaborative and driven.

The recent office move has finally united the scattered team all in one place. It's not exactly a penthouse in downtown, but the new open-floorplan office comfortably gets the job done.

The compensation and benefits packages are slightly below the industry standard for technical, management, and executive positions. For me, the tradeoff is the mission. I really believe that the work I do every day helps improve tens of thousands of lives every week. I really like the people I work with, and believe that we're building something special. To me, that's worth a certain amount of money.
Pros
fully stocked kitchen, fantastic people, great mission, rewarding work
Cons
little WFH culture, slightly below industry standard pay and benefits
With a mission to help those who are less fortunate by connecting them with the help they need, working at this company is a challenging, yet rewarding experience.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The team at Aunt Bertha is unlike any I've worked with before. They put forth 110% effort every single day. And they truly care about what they do. It's a great company to work at. You'll never be bored and will always feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
free snacks, lunch, drinks
Cons
fast-paced
I can't think of a time where I enjoyed going to work every day more than Aunt Bertha. The team cares about the work they do and each other equally. Staff are well taken care of, professionally engaged, treated with respect naturally and given much opportunity for growth and development. It was an honor working with them.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, hilarious jokes, agile development, great atmosphere
The company is awesome to work for. Everyone loves to work towards the mission of finding the public the help that they seek. The management is great and it is a comfortable workplace setting. I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of workplace culture
I love my coworkers! Here I have a lot of control over what my position looks like and what kind of work I do, and I know I'm doing really great things in the world! I really love coming in to work in the morning, this is my first job that I can say that about. Plus the snacks are great!
Pros
Free snacks and lunches, dog friendly, great coworkers, saving the world
Aside from a few growing pains experienced by most start-ups, it's a great place to work. Diverse, dog friendly, positive and mature people working for the common good make it a very rewarding place to be.
Pros
Open minded people who care
Cons
tight office space
Aunt Bertha's team is full of very bright people who are committed to using their diverse skills (from coders, to sales, to data) to make the world better for a lot of people. They (shall I say we) are all committed to building great careers for ourselves WHILE building great products that help people.

The leadership has instilled a culture of always putting "seekers first" (that is those people looking for help). If you have read the book "Good to Great" you will recognize the Level 5 Leadership that is clear at this company. There are no big egos, but big plans.

Lastly, they have a mentality of work hard (people are getting a lot of stuff done in a given day, week, month) while having fun doing it.