Aunt Millie's Bakeries Employee Reviews

Work is very hard but good people to work with.
Pan-o-mat operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 9, 2019
I’ve been there for a year and I understand why the turn over rate is so high: for each position you get 4 weeks of training which is not true!!! You get a week at best 2 weeks then thrown into the position, then if you don’t get the hang of the job supervisors will start the “paper trail “ with your performance and before you know it your suspended for a week!! Asking for help from the supervisors are a joke because there afraid of there bosses. But the days off is good work 3 12 hour days and during the summer every other Friday
Pros
Company paid uniforms, paid lunches and incentives for perfect attendance every quarter.
Cons
Supervisors don’t want to help..suspend you quick if you don’t get the job
Treated like poo
Maintenance Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 14, 2019
The worst job ever, management calling me a dumb mfer and screaming get it fixed, then when u do fix something nobody cares, management likes to throw buns Everywhere like a little baby having a temper tantrum. The company is supposedly christian based and family oriented, obviously not when u work 12 hrs 5 days a week and every holiday. I wouldn't let my dog work in this hole.
Pros
A job
Cons
Too many too mention
Pretty laid back routes
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 13, 2019
Same five routes every week until someone calls off, then you cover other routes. Dealing with mess at stores can be a pain at times but not that bad, after all your getting paid hourly to deal with stuff.
Pros
Great hourly pay, no drive cams, nobody hounding you
Cons
Nights and split days off
Worst job ever..I can’t belive this company stays in business
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 11, 2019
Poor working environment and management .numerous safety issues and violations ..your just considered a number at the company ..they don’t care .............
Fast paced and stressful
Assistant to Executive Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 7, 2019
This was a very fast paced company, demanding. The management people were very nice, and my coworkers were extremely creative and motivated, which was very nice. I had very low earnings for what my job demanded of me.
Pros
Creative and fun
Cons
Overworked, underpaid
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 9, 2019
Very good place to work the only down fall was they closed the plant in Fort Wayne. Training was very good and quality was the top of the line. Management was fare and supportive.
Easy Going Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Russells Pt, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time working here, everyone got along with me. I worked a basic shift. I learned how to prepare food & be open with customers. Management was nice. The hardest part of the job was learning how to cook certain foods that I was not super familiar with, the most enjoyable part was getting to see how satisfied the customers were.
Pros
Food on discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast pase
Bread thrower (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Job overall wasn’t tht good wasn’t getting eough hours it was temporary. Job itself was hard and it was hot in summer time months didn’t have good ventilation.
Pros
Take breaks as u could as long as work got done
Cons
Poor ventilation
Productive place to work, terrible management
Baker (Current Employee) –  Irving, NYDecember 4, 2018
Terrible management, issues were not handled in a respectable manner. Front waitress are very hard to work with. If your not in the click when you start, there’s no point. You’ll quickly become a black sheep.
The absolute worst
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MINovember 19, 2018
Easily worst job i've had, and i've worked in Corn Detassling and Fast Food, I would not reccomend this job to anyone, even as a joke. I was genuinely happy when it closed down here, everything about it was awful. The only upside was they had a vending machine, but even then it would sometimes eat your money.
Pros
vending machine
Cons
it ate your money 30% of the time
Good job if you like working independently.
SALES/MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 9, 2018
Good part-time job for retirees/students/2nd job supplement. Not enough hours for primary job. About 20-24 hours a week. If you like working on you own with little supervision , this is a good job.
Productive workplace
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MINovember 7, 2018
Management helps its workers stay diligent in a fast-paced working environment. The hardest part of the job is making room for sudden changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with like minded co-workers.
Pros
Annual parties and cookouts. Healthcare insurance
Cons
Work schedule is not a typical '9 to 5' schedule.
fun work place
P.o.m Operator (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MINovember 7, 2018
I thought I was going to retire here, then they closed down, could transfer but too far away. They built A new plant in Chicago and discarded our jobs.
Pros
Work 3-4 days week.
Cons
The hours aren't so good
Detailed procedures, enjoyable workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIOctober 21, 2018
With my 25 years of experience with Brownberry Ovens, Aunt Millie's was a natural fit.
Management was having difficulty controlling stale, they were ordering for 16 stores from Madison, was not something I would recommend, to much of one item not enough of another. I convinced them I could do the ordering. Being able to physically see what is selling made more sense when ordering. I was able to get stale to a reasonable figure.
My personal opinion, it may have contributed to Aunt Millie's being pulled from Kroger stores.
I tried to make that point only to have it fall on deaf ears.
Great product, great company, sadly cut short at Kroger.
Ann Arbor Michagan can be proud!
Depths of hades
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 6, 2018
Poorly managed, backstabbing co-workers, worthless union, far to little pay for the bull dung you have to put up with, dirty workplace, hot in summer.
Pros
It's a job
Dont do it
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Goshen,INSeptember 27, 2018
If you want to be micro managed & talked down to.Also higher ups not having your back.This job is for you.Plan on getting up at1or 2am.Long hours if you wanna make any $.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No Benefits.Franchise agreement well in Aunt Millies favor.
If you didn't go out or drink with the management they didn't care about you.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Very poor management.Very unorganized.If you are lazy they promote you.i wouldn't recommend nobody to go there and work unless you are friends with the management then you are treated good.
Pros
Pay is good and good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced but rewarding career
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 25, 2018
Very fast paced job, early hours, must maintain a steady pace and have good self and time management skills to be able to stay on schedule and hit delivery windows. Very rewarding in the long term if you stay with it as you can grow your business and increase your profits.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, self management
Cons
Early hours, deadlines, work in all types of weather
Don't do it.
Did every job in the place (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 8, 2018
If you play cards and drink beer with the right hillbillies in management, you're golden.
If you don't, you get to do the work the first group should be going.

Worked there 10+ years in Sidney- management is 0/10.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hillbillies for management
Productive and a good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 3, 2018
Always be on time don't miss work and do the job to the best of your abilities. Aunt Millie's bakeries was a very nice place to work if I could have I would have relocated to work for them again but I wasn't able to relocate if they were ever to open it up again here in Fort Wayne I would definitely work for them again
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks