Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
recruiter is good to work with
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2018
my recruiter is always on top of things and very easy to talk to. There are a lot of options available and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I never go with un answered questions
Pros
great staff
Cons
jobs can be limited at times
August 13, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback and the five stars! We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and also glad to hear that you have such a great relationship with your recruiter. Being available and responsive to your questions and your needs is important to us so we appreciate you sharing your experience. Thanks again and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career journey!

Productive and fun work environment
Traveling Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
This is a medical staffing agency. You have the option to travel, relocate, or work locally. You can basically choose your destination depending on availability. The agents are very nice. They call and check on you periodically.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for the five stars! We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and that you're having a positive experience traveling with us. We strive to be available and responsive so we're glad to hear that there's good communication between you and your recruiter. We appreciate the feedback very much.

fun environment to work with high expectations
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
This was a fun environment to work but there were high expectations as far as sales. There were a lot of employee contests and programs, but it seemed that if you weren't in the 'popular' group, you didn't get the help you needed.
August 13, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us. We're dedicated to the success of each one of our team members and feedback is important to us. We'll be sure to pass it along to our management team. We wish you all the best.

Everything is coming up roses so far, but it's still early in the process.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Kauai, HIJuly 15, 2018
This is my first travel assignment with Aureus Medical Group or any travel company for that matter. So far, so good. Other travelers I currently work with came with different traveling companies and my situation with Aureus seems better than their situation with their company. It's difficult to compare these companies salaries and benefits to one another. All give free housing or a housing allowance, some give free rental car, some offer food subsidies, some give health insurance starting first day of hire, others after a month on the job. All of these "perks" are tied in to your salary which can go up or down depending on what they are giving you. Actually you have to remember they are not giving you anything...YOU are giving them something; your hard work and dedication to your job. A lot of your individual happiness dealing with your particular company has to do with your recruiter that is assigned to you. Some will promise you the moon, then back track once you sign on the dotted line. Some will deal with you truthfully while others will lie to you and not back you up. I think the secret to being successful as a traveler is mostly affected by the honesty and integrity of your recruiter. Some will bend over backwards to help you and others may be difficult to reach out to when you need them. Do your homework. Talk to travelers and read lots of reviews about the different companies. Some people LOVE one company while others despise it. Good Luck!
Pros
Well, there is NO FREE LUNCH, OK? But they do pay a food stipend, housing allowance, assistance with finding housing, sometimes a rental car
Cons
Health coverage after you've worked for 30 days, no bonuses after additional assignments.
July 27, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments! We appreciate the feedback very much and your review offers great insight and helpful info for others who may be new to travel. We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to continuing to help you along your career journey!

Excellent company to work for.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2018
I would always recommend Aureus Medical Group to anyone wanting to travel and work all over the country. They are always pleasant to work with and very efficient.
Pros
Organized, efficient and nice to work with.
Cons
Can’t always find exactly the location you want or the length of contract.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the five stars and your comments about your experience with Aureus Medical! We appreciate the feedback very much and if you ever need us again, we're here for you!

satisfying agency
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAJuly 5, 2018
aureus medical group is my staffing agency. I travel to different states to work a contract through aureus medical group. I am satisfied with my account manager. I just want to make more money.
July 9, 2018

Thanks so very much for the five stars and your feedback. We appreciate it! Aureus Medical is happy that you're part of our family and we're here for you as you continue your travel journey. Be sure to keep the communication open with your account manager so we can be sure to find the right assignments for you that help you meet your professional and your personal goals.

Cool company but a little clueless
Travel Technician (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 5, 2018
I think the company has good intentions but they do not seem very knowledgeable about the areas they are staffing. You are not really given any clues as to what you are walking into as far as Work environment.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with Aureus Medical. We appreciate it, specifically your comment about feeling that you don't have enough information about the workplace prior to your first day on assignment. We'll pass this along to our management team and address it with our account managers. It's important to us that our travelers are well taken care of during their assignments as well as before they walk through the hospital doors on day one. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career journey!

Recruiters are very professional and easy to talk with over the phone.
Mammography Travel Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2018
Excellent temporary medical staffing company. Each placement has a contract and Aureus keeps it's contracted obligations. The company makes it easy to update skills and required training courses on line.
July 9, 2018

Thanks so much for the five stars and the positive feedback! We appreciate it! At Aureus Medical, taking care of our healthcare professionals and delivering on our promises are important to us. We're glad you're part of the Aureus family and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career journey!

Good place to work as a traveler
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, ORJune 6, 2018
I have been traveling with them fo 2 years. Pay is fair and they have been consistently able to find me assignments in places i like. Account mangers communicate well with their travelers.
June 20, 2018

Thank you so much for the five stars and for your feedback. We appreciate it! We're glad you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to continuing to help you with your career journey!

interesting jobs
RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 6, 2018
Great support when traveling. They were very informative to me when I was first starting out.
I enjoyed learning about how things are done in different facilities.
June 7, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! Supporting our travelers during and in between assignments is very important to us and we're happy to hear you've had a positive experience! If you ever need us again to assist with your career, Aureus Medical is here for you!

Rewards Autonomy
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 4, 2018
Aureus seems to be what the employee puts into it. Proactive workers like it more. The opportunities offered allowed me to explore areas of nursing I would have been scared to try out as a regular employee.
Pros
401K matching
Cons
lose benefits if 3 week gap in employment
June 7, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and share your experience traveling with Aureus Medical! We hear from many of our nurses that traveling helps them get out of their comfort zone and try new things, whether work related or exploring new areas of the country. We're happy you're part of our team and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career journey!

Great Crew
Full Time Contract Therapist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2018
Have worked with many Account Managers and all have done their very best to accomodate not only the clients but myself as well.
I get to travel to great hospitals, learn new technologies that some hospitals may have over others, a diverse group of RT's.

The hardest part is often having to leave after 13 weeks when I would love to stay longer.
Pros
easily accessable
Cons
contract cancellations once everything is in order, due to any number of reasons
May 25, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us about your travel experience with Aureus Medical. We hear from many of our employees that one of the difficult aspects of traveling is when a great assignment comes to a close. Be sure to talk to your recruiter about the possibility of extensions and returning to those facilities and communities you've grown so fond of in the future. We're here to help you make the very most out of your career journey and we're glad you're part of the Aureus family!

Steady work
Ct technologist / Xray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2018
Always have been taken care of as a tech and haven't been left sitting. Good health insurance and salary. Great account managers. Could givery employees some bonuses for finishing contact well
Pros
Great
Cons
Could pay more
May 25, 2018

Thanks so much for the five stars and for the positive feedback! Taking care of our employees during, before, and after assignments is a top priority of Aureus Medical. We look forward to continuing to assist you on your career journey!

To stay insured you have to accept some sketchy positions.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  variousMay 17, 2018
Unless you're in hot demand, you will have to work in some really run down hospitals, to maintain your insurance, putting you at risk for fault due to the facility you're contracted at neglecting your department over previous years. You do not always get to keep the same contract manager.
Pros
pay is alright, in some areas . Others it's not for cost of living.
Cons
insurance, license, contract manager change
May 25, 2018

We appreciate the candid feedback about your experience traveling. Our goal is a positive experience for every employee of ours and we will forward your feedback to our management team. Thank you!

Radiologic technolgist
PRN & contract positions in diagnostic radiology (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2018
The hardest part of any PRN employment opportunity is learning some radiology software quickly to expedite patient flow and proper billing procedures. Some days would be more busy than others and this allows for getting the OJT as needed.
Pros
Abilityto learn new equipment and apply its imaging uses for excellant patient care
Cons
Ocassional resentment from other techs or administrative when questions are asked
Unreliable and unsupportive to nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 14, 2018
RUN! Horrible company. Treats their nurses like disposable trash. No support and very unreliable. Their only concern is Aureus's profit. Will leave you stranded.
I enjoyed working for Aureus
Registered Respiratory Therapist, BS, NPS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2018
Aureus was a very nice place to work , they kept in contact with me fruquently making sure the contract was going well. I enjoyed that they tried to place me where ever I would like to be in the hospitals . Also they made sure I was comfortable in the environments I was placed.
Pros
good work ethic
Cons
reciepts
May 18, 2018

Thank you for the five stars and the positive comments about Aureus Medical and your experience with us. We're happy to know that you felt supported while you were on assignment and that we took care in ensuring you were comfortable while there. Taking care of our employees is so important to us. We wish you all the best wherever your career takes you and if you ever need us again, we're here for you.

Great Company - Stressful positions
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2018
I worked here for 3.5 years. It was a great company to work for until the market shifted. Then there was huge pressure and stress. Great work/life balance.
May 18, 2018

Thanks so much for your comments about your time with Aureus Medical. We're proud of our positive workplace culture and the importance we place on the balance between work and life. We wish you all the best wherever your career takes you.

Terrible leadership and management
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2018
This company has great training. You are placed on a team that focuses on a particular region. The team I was placed on had a terrible team lead and a bully of a manager. I felt as if they didn't like me from the start and policed me every day. I felt like they were trying to break me so I would quit. One-on-Ones were horrible.
Pros
Training
Cons
Management, Leadership
Aureus Staffing Agency
I perform all duties of a nurse in high volume (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 29, 2018
I was employed as a traveling RN and worked one assignment in a busy very urban ER. this was the only agency I have worked with that I do not recommend. they promised "lots of work/assignments" and did not deliver on their promise.