Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Ok company
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2019
Does not stand behind their travel nurses. Ok recruiters . Will throw you under the bus. Did not really like their company housing. Didn't feel like I made decent money with them.
Pros
Able to reach
Cons
Not loyal to their travel nurses
Good temp service
Traveling Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
Aureus was a good service to work for. They did a good job of keeping contracts filled and finding jobs that fit my skill set. I would recommend this company for anyone looking for contract work.
March 6, 2019

Thanks so much for the positive comments, feedback, and your recommendation! We appreciate it very much. Wishing you all the best in your future travels and in your career!

Lack of Benefits
Traven RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 4, 2019
Really nice company. But I will say that they lack the benefits that some other travel companies provide. Overtime was only 1.5x. Some people I worked with had a set overtime at 80$ an hour. Not that I felt under compensated. But there are cons and pros to everything. They made my life changes easy though. Very accommodating.
March 6, 2019

Thank you for the five stars and for your feedback! We work very hard to help our healthcare employees make smooth transitions from assignment to assignment. We're glad to know you feel supported along your career journey. We're proud and happy that you're part of the Aureus Medical family!

Don’t Do It
Traveling Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bentonia, MSFebruary 27, 2019
Aureus is absolutely the worst company to work for as a traveler. The housing provided by AurHomes is NOT private housing unless your idea of privacy is living like a broke college kid in someone’s garage. They allowed the landlord to enter while I was hospitalized without consulting me which is absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable. The staff do not care about the travelers at all only about padding their pockets.
March 6, 2019

Thank you for your comments as we value the feedback very much. If you haven't done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a regional manager. You are important to us and so are your concerns. Please reach out to us.

Probably the worst managed traveler company in the United States.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2019
These people have lied to me before, and I knew better!

The recruiter was nice, as long as she thought she would make some money!

This is an "old school" employer, but, they use contractors for every step of on-boarding. They will send you to a back-street "Urgent Care" for the physical, run you around in circles providing them with forms, documents, drug screens, fingerprints... The HR process, it's all on you! Nobody at Aureus helps, they all just give you more and more to do!

It's fun to get your "competency checked" by rude, incompetent, dishonest people, who don't care about you at all.

The positions available at Aureus are low-paying, exploitative, and the money you make, it's mostly for Aureus!

The big agencies generate billions in revenue, but not for the people who go out and do the work!

Aureus is in business to make money for Aureus. The end.

In my department, there are many openings. Recruiters think that THEY are the professionals! Something is seriously wrong here!

Dealing with Aureus will make you crazy, and, it will make you think about changing careers, from RN to recruiter!

HR in hospitals is already very poor. HR people ruin many employment experiences, for many people. Aureus is making the situation worse, every day!

Being a traveler is poor quality employment, and you can do better!

Aureus is a very shady, and badly managed company. Recruiters change jobs often, and are frequently dishonest. Recruiters only care about their commissions, just like all salespeople.

It is too bad that so many people feel that they are disengaged
  more... from real full-time employment, and that they would rather be "tourists" than employees.

Healthcare employment is becoming less and less attractive, and recruiters and travel companies are a large part of the problem!

Don't work for Aureus! They are hardly a good choice, and they lie!
Pros
There is no real reason to work for Aureus. Get a real job!
Cons
Dishonest recruiters, incredible stupid and endless processes, a complete lack of engagement, and a feeling that nobody cares. Not a real great employment experience... Oh, and no benefits, with low pay! What's not to like?
March 6, 2019

Thank you for reaching out. While this is certainly not the experience we hope for, we appreciate your feedback very much and we will forward your comments to our management team. Adhering to high standards of ethics and integrity are at the core of our mission and values and that extends to our recruiters and all facets of Aureus Medical. It also extends to what may seem like many steps and processes prior to starting an assignment, which are in place because of our firm commitment to the highest quality within healthcare. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a regional manager to share your concerns.

Travel agency
MLT Generalist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2019
This is a staffing agency that sends you to temporary contracted positions at hospitals. Have only been with them a short time, the first job I was placed was not a good experience. I hope the next place is better.
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it. We want to make sure your travel experiences are positive and rewarding and we do our very best to match you with the assignment that fits your preferences and your goals. Of course, every facility is different as is every location and assignment. We know challenges can arise. Be sure to communicate with your recruiter as far as challenges you've encountered (during and post-assignment) and what you'd like to see in your future assignments. You should expect the same level of communication from your recruiter in terms of being your liaison and support system while on assignment and providing you with a clear picture of all aspects of the next potential assignment so you can make the decision that's right for you. We're happy you are part of the Aureus Medical family and we'll do everything we can to make your next experience one that meets and exceeds your expectations.

love this company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2019
I have benefited greatly from being a travel nurse, I have improved by skills as a PACU RN, but I want Charlotte to be my forever home. Looking forward to building a life with my fiance.
February 20, 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback and the five stars! One of the great aspects of travel nursing is being able to enhance and enrich skills in your areas of specialty. We hear this from our nurses again and again. If you haven't done so already, talk with your recruiter about Charlotte and the possibility of finding either local contract or direct hire (full-time) opportunities there for you. We want to help you build that life you're looking forward to!

Love to Travel
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2019
I have got to travel to several states. I have learned a lot from each location I have worked. I would highly recommend working for Aureus Medical Staffing
Pros
Travel
February 1, 2019

Thanks so much for the five stars! We appreciate your feedback very much and we look forward to continuing to help you with your career journey. We're always here for you!

Excellent Company
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant(Aureus Medical Group) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTDecember 28, 2018
Travel job 13 week assignment and you get to travel for free with the ability th o extended if asked by the facility.I highly recommended this company
January 3, 2019

Thanks so much for the five stars! We appreciate sharing your positive feedback and we're happy you chose Aureus Medical for your travel journey. We're here when you need us!

I love love love
Skilled Traveling Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2018
Aureaus is a GREAT company. They take care of their employees the best way they can. You can tell that this isn't just a JOB for these guys. They actually CARE and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and your assignment is going very smoothly.
Pros
The pay and free housing
Cons
Google your locations before you accept a job offer lol
December 11, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate it so much but most importantly, we appreciate YOU. We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to a new year of new adventures!

So unhappy
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2018
This company was really pushy from day one.
Account "managers" who have no clue about anything medical related, who call you multiple times a day to just "talk and catch up" or provide you with the exact same information/"updates" on your "leads" over and over again. You're manipulated into being submitted to positions you've expressly stated you have no interest in and are then penalized for declining subsequent offers as a result of those submissions. Penalized for withdrawing from a contract due to medical emergencies. It's a mystery to these "account managers" why a DOUBLE BOARD CERTIFIED ICU nurse wouldn't want to work in med/surg telemetry...seriously? There is no concept of what nurses do as professionals, nor of their unique specialties.
Pay is subpar. Travel reimbursement is a flat cap of $300 no matter where you go, even if it’s across the entire country.
There were instances where I was the one reaching out to my “account managers” about opportunities I wanted to be submitted to…I was also told on occasion to call and check in with potential hiring managers, though the “account manager” telling me to do so couldn’t even provide me with the specific ICU I’d been submitted to or the name/contact information for this respective individual. Isn’t that what they’re paid to do??
I would say proceed with caution. There are so many other more competitively paying, respectable, and competent travel companies out there.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take all comments seriously and will certainly share this with our management team. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a regional manager to share your concerns. We value our employees and providing an exceptional employee experience is important to us. We hope to hear from you.

Aureus is a travel company
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2018
As Aureus is a travel company, I interacted mainly with my manager. She was very helpful when I had questions and concerns. I had just begun graduate school working on a Masters of Science Nursing with a specialty in Informatics. My manager was instrumental in me receiving tuition reimbursement. She was responsive to my phone calls. Later on I began receiving sick leave and vacation pay.
Pros
Excellent support system
Cons
Not enough diversity in job assignments.
November 6, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for sharing your story! Our tuition reimbursement program is a great benefit and we're happy to hear that it was helpful to you and to your career. That's exactly why we put it in place. It sounds like you had a solid working relationship with your recruiter which is so important in travel nursing. Whenever you need us, we're here for you. Wishing you all the best in your career journey!

companies backing.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN/ St. LouisOctober 20, 2018
I had a wonderful assignment at a hospital that was very pleased with my work. The hospital wanted me as a permanent employee.
I went to my second assignment in St. Louis I was to start work on Monday but did not start until Wednesday. The manager instead of canceling my contract because they did not need me, He told a lie on me to Aureus and I was let go. The hospital was sending their own employees home because they did not have enough surgery to keep them. Anyway, the manager got fired after he caused havoc in my life. Aureus should have listened and stood behind me.
Pros
I enjoyed my first job. I like the apartments I stayed in.
Cons
The company needs to stand behind there employees.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your assignment. If you haven't done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a Regional Manager. We value you as a member of the Aureus Medical family and we'd like an opportunity to have a conversation at the management level. Thanks very much for reaching out.

Respectable and Professional Company
Registered Respirattory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work is your typical RT duties at a hospital. Administering nebulizer treatments, Assessing and Evaluating Patients while maintaining professionalism and communicating with RN and MD to develop a plan to improve patients conditions.
October 22, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! Thanks so much for the five stars and your comments. We're glad you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we appreciate being your partner on your career journey!

Amazing Advocates
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this company, and regretted having to end our relationship. The on site staff was wonderful, and the opportunities for travel and advancement were numerous.
Pros
Accommodations during travel
Cons
job security was an issue...it felt like no one was really out for your best interest
October 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for the five stars! If you find yourself ready to travel again, we're here for you. We wish you all the best today and all days!

Productive fun place to work
Registered Nurse, (Travel) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2018
Learned about different styles at different hospitals. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of really cool people.They will stand up for their employees when needed.
Pros
Can find a position any where in the country in short notice
Cons
Sometimes the assignment hospitals were under staffed too much and hard to work.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review and for the five stars! We appreciate you sharing a bit about your experience traveling with us. Know that we're here for you if and when you need us. Once a part of the Aureus Medical family, always a part of our family. We wish you all the best!

contract
contract Ultrasonigrapher (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 30, 2018
Worked at a variety of facilities . Performed a variety of ultrasounds at several different locations across the United States. Have had a great experience traveling
October 9, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! We're glad you've had such a great experience traveling and we hope there are many more rewarding assignments to come for you! We're so happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to continuing to help you along your career journey.

consistent employment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NESeptember 29, 2018
I never had to wait for my next contract as there was usually a contract somewhere through Aureus that fit my qualifications. The company usually tried to take in consideration where I wanted to work when thinking of possible contract ideas to pitch at me.
October 10, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We work hard to find the assignments that fit the unique preferences of each of our employees. We know that wants and needs differ and finding the right match from assignment to assignment is so important. We wish you all the best on your career journey and if you ever need us again, we're here for you!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 20, 2018
I have worked with Aureus Medical Group since 2015 and I absolutely love this company. They really care about their employees and do what they can to make sure we have great work/life balance. This company cares and is extremely ethical in their practices. I love my job!!
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, Random treats, Team Outings
Cons
Can't think of any
October 10, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for the five stars! We think we're a pretty great place to work but it means that much more to hear it from our own employees. We're glad you're part of the Aureus Medical and C&A family!

Excellent travel assignments
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MaineSeptember 20, 2018
This agency provided assistance in assuring that my travel needs were met and matched assignments to my needs. The team was always available to me and promptly returned calls
Pros
Excellent support staff
Cons
Temporary assignment
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it very much! Being available and responsive to our employees and their needs is important to us. Know that we're here when and if you need us. We wish you all the best with your career journey!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.