Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 20, 2018
I have worked with Aureus Medical Group since 2015 and I absolutely love this company. They really care about their employees and do what they can to make sure we have great work/life balance. This company cares and is extremely ethical in their practices. I love my job!!
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, Random treats, Team Outings
Cons
Can't think of any
October 10, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for the five stars! We think we're a pretty great place to work but it means that much more to hear it from our own employees. We're glad you're part of the Aureus Medical and C&A family!

Rewards Autonomy
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 4, 2018
Aureus seems to be what the employee puts into it. Proactive workers like it more. The opportunities offered allowed me to explore areas of nursing I would have been scared to try out as a regular employee.
Pros
401K matching
Cons
lose benefits if 3 week gap in employment
June 7, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and share your experience traveling with Aureus Medical! We hear from many of our nurses that traveling helps them get out of their comfort zone and try new things, whether work related or exploring new areas of the country. We're happy you're part of our team and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career journey!

companies backing.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN/ St. LouisOctober 20, 2018
I had a wonderful assignment at a hospital that was very pleased with my work. The hospital wanted me as a permanent employee.
I went to my second assignment in St. Louis I was to start work on Monday but did not start until Wednesday. The manager instead of canceling my contract because they did not need me, He told a lie on me to Aureus and I was let go. The hospital was sending their own employees home because they did not have enough surgery to keep them. Anyway, the manager got fired after he caused havoc in my life. Aureus should have listened and stood behind me.
Pros
I enjoyed my first job. I like the apartments I stayed in.
Cons
The company needs to stand behind there employees.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your assignment. If you haven't done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a Regional Manager. We value you as a member of the Aureus Medical family and we'd like an opportunity to have a conversation at the management level. Thanks very much for reaching out.

Steady work
Ct technologist / Xray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2018
Always have been taken care of as a tech and haven't been left sitting. Good health insurance and salary. Great account managers. Could givery employees some bonuses for finishing contact well
Pros
Great
Cons
Could pay more
May 25, 2018

Thanks so much for the five stars and for the positive feedback! Taking care of our employees during, before, and after assignments is a top priority of Aureus Medical. We look forward to continuing to assist you on your career journey!

Great company to work for
Traveling Health- care Professional (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2018
The company is well managed, and they have a great sense of concern and care for their employees, they make sure you have all the tools you need to do your job effectively. Would recommend them as the company to work for.
Pros
benefits, co workers, atomsphere
Cons
excessive traveling
April 11, 2018

Thanks so much for the five stars and for your positive comments about Aureus Medical! You're important to us as is your feedback. We're glad to have you as a member of the Aureus family and we look forward to assisting you on your career journey!

A revolving door of mediocre recruiters and employees
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington and FloridaJanuary 9, 2018
I worked for Aureus for a year under three different contracts and between each contract I had to wait over a month for my benefits to start over again. This was very stressful. These recruiters have no idea what it's like to be out in the field. After working for this company I never want to work for an agency again they are far too large to handle their employees in a personal matter you do not get the attention that you need or deserve from your recruiter. I basically felt like I was being treated like a piece of meat and being used.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Mediocre benefits and recruiters that don't care
January 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Please know that we will forward your feedback within our organization as personal service and taking care of our healthcare employees is a priority for us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Everything is coming up roses so far, but it's still early in the process.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Kauai, HIJuly 15, 2018
This is my first travel assignment with Aureus Medical Group or any travel company for that matter. So far, so good. Other travelers I currently work with came with different traveling companies and my situation with Aureus seems better than their situation with their company. It's difficult to compare these companies salaries and benefits to one another. All give free housing or a housing allowance, some give free rental car, some offer food subsidies, some give health insurance starting first day of hire, others after a month on the job. All of these "perks" are tied in to your salary which can go up or down depending on what they are giving you. Actually you have to remember they are not giving you anything...YOU are giving them something; your hard work and dedication to your job. A lot of your individual happiness dealing with your particular company has to do with your recruiter that is assigned to you. Some will promise you the moon, then back track once you sign on the dotted line. Some will deal with you truthfully while others will lie to you and not back you up. I think the secret to being successful as a traveler is mostly affected by the honesty and integrity of your recruiter. Some will bend over backwards to help you and others may be difficult to reach out to when you need them. Do your homework. Talk to travelers and read lots of reviews about the different companies. Some people LOVE one company while others despise it. Good Luck!
Pros
Well, there is NO FREE LUNCH, OK? But they do pay a food stipend, housing allowance, assistance with finding housing, sometimes a rental car
Cons
Health coverage after you've worked for 30 days, no bonuses after additional assignments.
July 27, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments! We appreciate the feedback very much and your review offers great insight and helpful info for others who may be new to travel. We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to continuing to help you along your career journey!

aureus review
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2018
Stable and reliable contract travel company with good reputation and lots of jobs.

I have worked for them on and off for 20 years and they always welcome me back.

I appreciate the benefit package including company matched 401K and that all paperwork is handled efficiently.
Pros
not much negotiating pay
Cons
low hourly pay
Great Pay but no culture or coaching, not a good fit for me
Ne - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2018
everything is brown in the office - feels like a prison
Management - expect you to hit goals but not willing to coach you
Teams - Extremely cliquing feel, felt like I was back in high school
Culture - Don't expect any
Food - Bring your own but not cold food because they only have one fridge for over 200 employees

Good Luck if you choose to work here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
October 10, 2018

We appreciate and value feedback. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we will forward it on within our organization. We wish you all the best.

Competitive Travel Agency
Traveling Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaNovember 28, 2017
My personal experience with Aureus was excellent. I developed positive relations with all account managers I worked with. I continue to be in contact with the company and they assist me with finding contract work when needed. I received fair compensation and when difficulties arose I felt that the company had my best interests in mind. The most difficult parts of this job are inherent with any traveling healthcare agency and are more linked to the job assignment than the travel agency itself.
December 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We appreciate it very much. We are here for you whenever you need us. Wishing you all the best in 2018 and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your career!

travel nurse agency
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2018
decent salary with no benefits good management poor housing communication and placement. overall not as good as other travel agencies that i have worked with.
Cut throat place with no interest in being honest to employees
Contract Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJanuary 16, 2018
This was a contract position. This company routinely misrepresented the positions. Housing was subpar as was pay. Benefits started after 30 days, but, one had to take all benefits or none.
Pros
per diem and housing provided
Cons
Misrepresented most of the positions, no benefits
Great opportunities
Traveling Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This company is a great company to work for! Great team leadership skills. Gives all contractors great events. Can set your own distance and time that you'd like to work
Pros
great pay and benefits
Amazing Advocates
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this company, and regretted having to end our relationship. The on site staff was wonderful, and the opportunities for travel and advancement were numerous.
Pros
Accommodations during travel
Cons
job security was an issue...it felt like no one was really out for your best interest
October 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for the five stars! If you find yourself ready to travel again, we're here for you. We wish you all the best today and all days!

Temp
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2018
Ok place to work, low salary compared to other agencies, timely pay but recommend checking all options available. otherwise, it's not bad and travel opportunities are good.
March 6, 2018

We always appreciate the feedback of those who travel with us - thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you'll consider traveling with us again. We're right here when you need us and we wish you the very best in your career!

Aureus is a travel company
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2018
As Aureus is a travel company, I interacted mainly with my manager. She was very helpful when I had questions and concerns. I had just begun graduate school working on a Masters of Science Nursing with a specialty in Informatics. My manager was instrumental in me receiving tuition reimbursement. She was responsive to my phone calls. Later on I began receiving sick leave and vacation pay.
Pros
Excellent support system
Cons
Not enough diversity in job assignments.
November 6, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback and for sharing your story! Our tuition reimbursement program is a great benefit and we're happy to hear that it was helpful to you and to your career. That's exactly why we put it in place. It sounds like you had a solid working relationship with your recruiter which is so important in travel nursing. Whenever you need us, we're here for you. Wishing you all the best in your career journey!

They are good at finding jobs
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
And will find you a place to live at that job. Sometimes they will put you in a motel, or an apartment. They will pay you mileage to get to the job capped at 300 dollars one way. They also make sure that you are ready to start that traveling job on time.
September 17, 2018

Thanks so much for your comments and for your feedback! We appreciate it very much. We're happy to have been part of your career journey and know that we're here whenever you need us. We wish you all the best!

contract therapist
Contract Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 27, 2017
okay travel company
I feel the pay and benefits are not as competitive as other travel companies I have worked for in the past. I most likely will not use them again d/t the 28 working days to get my health insurance.
They take care of their staff
Cardiac Catherization Laboratory Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2017
My time as a traveler was great. My recruiters took great care of me. The benefits were great. I was able to go to many different places, work with some wonderful people and didn't have to worry about the politics of the facilities I worked in.
I love love love
Skilled Traveling Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2018
Aureaus is a GREAT company. They take care of their employees the best way they can. You can tell that this isn't just a JOB for these guys. They actually CARE and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and your assignment is going very smoothly.
Pros
The pay and free housing
Cons
Google your locations before you accept a job offer lol
December 11, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate it so much but most importantly, we appreciate YOU. We're happy you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we look forward to a new year of new adventures!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.