Aureus Medical Group Culture reviews

Reliable
CST (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 8, 2019
Very attentive company, can trust to be there while away from home on an assignment. Competitive pay. Would highly recommend. I worked for Aureus for about 6 months.
April 16, 2019

Thanks so much for your positive comments and the five stars! We appreciate the feedback very much. We're here when you need us and we wish you all the best in your career!

Culture is what it appears.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 3, 2019
They rave about how great the culture is. Well, they do not have anything like what they reflect or talk about.

The only thing good about this company is that the pay is fairly decent. Commission is not there with the amount of effort that you have to give. You will be micromanaged. All calls listened to. Very strict production plans. Beware.
April 16, 2019

We appreciate your feedback very much. A positive workplace culture is important to us as is the success of our employees and team members. We will ensure your comments are shared with the management team and hope you have done so as well. We wish you the best.

So unhappy
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2018
This company was really pushy from day one.
Account "managers" who have no clue about anything medical related, who call you multiple times a day to just "talk and catch up" or provide you with the exact same information/"updates" on your "leads" over and over again. You're manipulated into being submitted to positions you've expressly stated you have no interest in and are then penalized for declining subsequent offers as a result of those submissions. Penalized for withdrawing from a contract due to medical emergencies. It's a mystery to these "account managers" why a DOUBLE BOARD CERTIFIED ICU nurse wouldn't want to work in med/surg telemetry...seriously? There is no concept of what nurses do as professionals, nor of their unique specialties.
Pay is subpar. Travel reimbursement is a flat cap of $300 no matter where you go, even if it’s across the entire country.
There were instances where I was the one reaching out to my “account managers” about opportunities I wanted to be submitted to…I was also told on occasion to call and check in with potential hiring managers, though the “account manager” telling me to do so couldn’t even provide me with the specific ICU I’d been submitted to or the name/contact information for this respective individual. Isn’t that what they’re paid to do??
I would say proceed with caution. There are so many other more competitively paying, respectable, and competent travel companies out there.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take all comments seriously and will certainly share this with our management team. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to contact us and ask to speak with a regional manager to share your concerns. We value our employees and providing an exceptional employee experience is important to us. We hope to hear from you.

Great Pay but no culture or coaching, not a good fit for me
Ne - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2018
everything is brown in the office - feels like a prison
Management - expect you to hit goals but not willing to coach you
Teams - Extremely cliquing feel, felt like I was back in high school
Culture - Don't expect any
Food - Bring your own but not cold food because they only have one fridge for over 200 employees

Good Luck if you choose to work here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
October 10, 2018

We appreciate and value feedback. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we will forward it on within our organization. We wish you all the best.

Friendly, responsive staff.
Travel Contract RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Contact agents have been friendly and helpful. Contracts are a little limited in the Midwest but they don't really have any control over that. Overall, I have been very happy here
Pros
Quick placement, friendly staff, competitive pay
Cons
they change your contact person with each new contract
I enjoyed working for Aureus
Registered Respiratory Therapist, BS, NPS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2018
Aureus was a very nice place to work , they kept in contact with me fruquently making sure the contract was going well. I enjoyed that they tried to place me where ever I would like to be in the hospitals . Also they made sure I was comfortable in the environments I was placed.
Pros
good work ethic
Cons
reciepts
May 18, 2018

Thank you for the five stars and the positive comments about Aureus Medical and your experience with us. We're happy to know that you felt supported while you were on assignment and that we took care in ensuring you were comfortable while there. Taking care of our employees is so important to us. We wish you all the best wherever your career takes you and if you ever need us again, we're here for you.

great place to work
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2018
Loved traveling, loved meeting new people, and learning different traits of the Neurodiagnostic field.
Aureus always made sure I was in a great location to live and the housing was always top notch!
Great Company to work with, I really miss it!!
Once a Gypsy, always a Gypsy!
Pros
Meeting new people/ and seeing beautiful states
Cons
away from family
March 29, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about working with Aureus! We appreciate it! We're happy to hear you loved the travel experience. If you wouldn't have loved it, you wouldn't miss it so we take that as the highest compliment. And yes, once a gypsy, always a gypsy! If you ever decide to get back on the road, we're here for you. Take great care and we wish you all the best.

interesting, fun
RN NICU (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 27, 2018
Had the pleasure of working with 2 recruiters at this agency. Great guys to work for. Only a phone call away. Worked 10 assignments and all were great. Made many friends, worked together, and learned to change accordingly. Great experience.
Pros
Different and fun
March 6, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience of working with Aureus! We're so happy to know that your 10 assignments with us were so positive and we're glad that you're part of the Aureus family. We're here for you throughout your career - just a call away. Wishing you all the best in your career as an RN.

Aureus Medical Group
Full-time Travel nurse @UMC LasVegas, NV/New (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2018
Very awesome group to work for. With great perks. Would recommend this company to others. The recruiters are awesome and they work hard to place you where you want to be.
March 6, 2018

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback very much and we're happy you're part of the Aureus family!

Great opportunities
Traveling Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This company is a great company to work for! Great team leadership skills. Gives all contractors great events. Can set your own distance and time that you'd like to work
Pros
great pay and benefits
Travel company
Travel RN ER (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 11, 2018
This travel nurse company gave competitive salaries and a good choice of assignments. The nurse recruiter was easy to work with and submitting time sheets was easy.
February 14, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review and share your feedback. We appreciate it and look forward to continuing to help you with your nursing career!

contract therapist
Contract Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 27, 2017
okay travel company
I feel the pay and benefits are not as competitive as other travel companies I have worked for in the past. I most likely will not use them again d/t the 28 working days to get my health insurance.
They take care of their staff
Cardiac Catherization Laboratory Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2017
My time as a traveler was great. My recruiters took great care of me. The benefits were great. I was able to go to many different places, work with some wonderful people and didn't have to worry about the politics of the facilities I worked in.
A travel Nurse company
Travel LPN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2017
There was no typical day at work as facilities changed every 13 weeks. I learned how to be flexible and many different ways that people do the same job. Work place culture was always friendly to travlers. Meeting new people every 13 weeks is the most enjoyable part of travel. Hardest part is leaving to a new facility.
December 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing feedback - we appreciate it! We're happy you're part of the Aureus family and we look forward to finding more great assignments for you in the New Year ahead!

Great locations, housing, pay, coworkers & management
Registered, Contracted Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oak Bluffs, MASeptember 8, 2017
Enjoyed a wonderful variety of coast to coast locations serving every age group & many cultures. I always well taken care of at my assignments. Enjoy great professional relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
Great locations, housing, pay, coworkers & management
Cons
no vacation pay
December 28, 2017

Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We're glad you're part of the Aureus family and that you've had such a great experience with us. Here's to more adventures in the New Year!

Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 29, 2017
Very supportive, competitive and fair. I've worked from the the better part of four years and have nothing but good things to say. Awesome recruiters, competitive pay and nice housing
September 5, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your experience with Aureus Medical! Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time. We're happy you're part of our family!

Good Staffing Agency
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2017
Overall a good staffing agency. It runs like a well oiled machine. They are very sensitive to nurse's needs. If a travel nurse is uncomfortable with their lodging for whatever reason, they will work hard to correct it. Their corporate housing is good and because its good the nurse gets less pay. However, the pay is competitive. Overall the experience was good.
Pros
Runs like a well oiled machine
Cons
Pay, though competitive could be better
July 11, 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback very much!

Fantastic travel company
RN (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEMay 14, 2017
Aureus Medical Staffing is a great company, with friendly staff that goes above and beyond to achieve the best assignment for their client. The staff continues to follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction.
Assignment cut off without notice
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2017
Assignments expected more than what was promised, very unyielding, I learned to do more research on companies, management always sided with the assignment without hearing your side of the problem, uneasy culture . most difficult was going along with unusual request, I enjoyed the variety of restaurants in the city.
Pros
Quick to find assignments
Cons
Ending assignments without notice
Great culture and work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
Started as a recruiter in the Nursing division. It is the idea of the company to start entry- and lower level-experienced candidates in this role. The idea is that everyone in the recruiter position either moves to account manager within their first year, or to a team leader role within that time. If you do not move out of this role within your first 18 months, you can bet any chance of advacement is out of grasp.

The management team here is great and they have overall done a great job of putting the right people in the management roles.
Pros
Catered lunch once a month, requires annual volunteer outing, great positive culture
Cons
Sub-par benefits, some managers are not held to high standards due to seniority, can get lost in the shuffle with constant hiring of new employees every 6-8 weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.