Aurora Behavioral Health Care Employee Reviews

No job security
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85302April 19, 2018
If you want to work for a company that focuses on the money, this is your company. nurses on average have well over 10 patients, nurses are overworked with admissions and discharges. Nurses are expected to complete a ton of paper work to include group notes, chart checks and treatment plans. BHT and nurses get fired all the time, so do yourself a favor and avoid this stressful environment.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Job security
workplace culture.
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 16, 2018
The Hardest part of my job, if my unit understaff, I have to take over the other responsibility which is not scope of my Job description , I still do extra miles so that I can still give the good quality of care that deserved by our patient/client.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Dir. of Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 4, 2018
Great Senior Management Team - The facility has EVERY program that fits the needs of the population - Very different than any other facility that ive worked
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Heat
Account Management/Community Liaison
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
The interview does not necessarily tell you that this is a quota based position. You go in thinking it's about building relationships and network management but more so about referrals.

It is very difficult to drive referrals in certain area of the city or surrounding suburbs where this company isn't necessarily favored or considered a household name. This is solely due to the lack of resources. I've explained to them time and time again that resources are scarce and the referrals will be also. it is not about someone liking someone or breaking pass Nos. It's about measurable things. If 50 referrals were sent to a competitor b/c they had transportation, this would be reason to know that this company isn't an option because they do not have transportation.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management, High stress levels, No consistency, Management do not do well in market analysis in certain territory
I enjoyed the work. Aurora provided good benfits
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2018
The work I did at Aurora as a outpatient therapist was very satisfying.The work environment was was stress free. My co-workers were very supportive. Getting to work was very easy and convenient.
Pros
The working enviroment was comfortable type of work I did was enjoyable and satifying.
Cons
I find the papaer work and repots that needed to be completed stressful
unorganized management, low wages
Social Worker/Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 16, 2018
At the time management was confusing and unorganized. Lots of complaints from staff about safety and workload. I understand that the management has turned over considerably since I worked there so I wouldn't judge the new replacements.
Pros
Great experience with mentally ill clients
Cons
management was pretty bad
Very busy, non-stop, sometimes heartwrenching overbearing environment
Licensed Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 9, 2018
After working in mental/behavioral healthcare both in State Government and Corrections as well as private I notice differences in management style and in the environmental culture. In union represented jobs the employees are treated with more respect and dignity. In private non-union facilities the employees are more expendable and less safe. The benefits of Union represented employees are generally better. Even if pay may not be as good the benefits and retirement packages are a reasonable trade-off. I worked at Aurora Vista without needing their benefits package. Relying on 401k alone is risky. At will employment is risky. I would seek governmental union represented employment over private at-will employment any day, especially if I was just starting out.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Poor supervisors. Unsafe environment often
horrible company to work for
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 3, 2018
horrible company to work for, terrible culture. Most of the employees there are unhappy and disgruntled. Employees are treated very bad there. I would never work there ever again.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
bad pay, bad treatment, horrible management, unfair treatment
good company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
I don't have complains about this plains is good place I guess I cant say a lot because I wasn't there all the I work there just a few hours 2 or 3 days is a lot of good people good managers I recommend this company to anybody
Life in a day at Aurora
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Aurora is a great way to get your foot in the door to the whole world of mental health. There is an ample amount of over time available. As a Behavioral Health Specialist we are expected to oversee the safety and productivity of the patients all the while reporting the progress of the patients to the proper doctor's, therapist and nurses. While at Aurora one will learn how to perform 15 minute rounds assuring the safety of patients, writing patients progress notes, recording of patients vitals, assisting patients in the organization of day to day schedule and much more. The most enjoyable part of working with Aurora is knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of the those in need. The hardest part of the job is not taking the personal issues of the patients home with you.
Pros
401k, health insurance, dental, vision and work experience
Cons
No room for advancment and poor pay
No! No!
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Maybe you'll get cancelled - maybe you won't. Management doesn't have a clue what they're doing. They are completely understaffed yet fire people constantly. Do yourself a favor and run from this place!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Your job is always in jeopardy
HOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2018
no I would rather not elaborate this is a very high stress job and upper management doesn't seem to want to see what actually goes on on the units. They are clueless
Good clinical experience
Vocational Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 3, 2018
good clinical experience. staffs are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Quick pace environment. site is clean and organized. safe environment. you'll learn a lot
Very diorganized stressful enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 29, 2017
Aurora used to be an awesome place to work, but management changed about 1 year ago and the work environment has been on a downward spiral ever since. There have been an unprecedented number of employees fired, staff moral is low, and most of the nursing managerial staff are close friends. In the past two months the hospital census has dropped to less than 1/2 capacity, causing many staff members to be cancelled for multiple shifts.
Pros
Decent Pay, flexible hours
Cons
Horrible management
fun work place, staff is easy to build with
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 22, 2017
I would recommend working here if you want to practice psychiatric nursing. It is the most interdisciplinary work culture I've experienced, if you want to participate in that.
Great workplace with hard working individuals
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2017
Aurora was a positive place willing to help people in there time of need. Always fast pace with good coworkers who are always willing to help on another.
Pros
Lunch on Campus
Cons
N/a
Great opportunities.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee CountyDecember 17, 2017
This company is very large and has many opportunities in a variety of different areas. The compensation is competitive. They have many different locations.
Worst Management -
Registered Nurse - (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2017
Always understaffed, poor management, 20 patients per registered nurse makes a very dangerous work situation, no safety plan for staff! Violent patients, prepare to get hit. they will admit patients when they don't even have a bed or staff available. A lot of medically inappropriate admissions and unskilled staff. Not patient-centered care.
Pros
overtime always available.
Cons
low pay, bad ratios, understaffed
behavioral health
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 20, 2017
A typical day begins with treatment plan meeting. Treatment plans get signed by the doctors and are prepared to review with patients. I run social services groups, complete 48 hr assessments, and write treatment plans. I also provide 1;1 time with patients.
Pros
Seeing patients get well
Cons
face paced
Good place to learn, but...
Charge Nurse for PICU (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2017
Good place to learn, but they don't give much support to the staff and they have been out of compliance too many times. This happens because there is no union to support staff.