Aurora Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Honest review
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, SCJune 21, 2019
This job wouldn't be so bad if the doctors you worked for were easier to work with. The one doctor is a straight Diva and his personal life is way too busy for work. The other doctor is rude, insulting, and so hard to work with. Everyone is miserable who works there. You aren't allowed to talk to anyone during shift because it "disrupts" the doctors thinking. Your general staff is friendly and nice.
Expects you to make your job a lifestyle rather than a career.
Cytotechnologist CT(ASCP)CM (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2019
Overtime heavy, there is no work/life balance, it's all work 6 days/wk sometimes over 60hrs/wk.

Slowest hiring process I've ever seen while departments suffer being short staffed.

Would rather fix broken equipment with quick, cheap, easy fixes rather than replacing the broken equipment properly. Often times being extremely inefficient in doing so such as asking Cytotechnologists to do an IT person's job while the Cytology Dept. suffers from lack of employees.

It seems this company thrives on making money with no regard to how their employees feel. They would rather make 3 employees work 20hrs of OT rather than hire an additional employee. They also take very long to respond to employee complaints, if at all.

LIS system is slow, despite numerous failed attempts to speed it up. Also, not very user friendly, requiring many different inputs to finish a case.

Managers and supervisors are "bosses", not "leaders", and often times may not be particularly qualified to handle the duties assigned to them.

The last employee we hired quit after less than a month and his reasoning was that they failed to provide a proper, healthy working station and lack of support from superiors.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor employee satisfaction
I enjoyed working there
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 15, 2019
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The management was fair and endeavored to make a pleasant work environment. They provided benefits for both full-time and part-time employees.
Poor managment, no teamwork
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Aurora. It lacks management. There is no teamwork and no one cares about their job. No place to grow in the company. There is no respect in your job description. This is a lab... I mean, a factory. Hated it.
Pros
Benefits, holidays
Cons
Salary, no teamwork, no appreaction in the love you put at work
not a great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 13, 2018
toxic environment, work volume is unrealistic, everyone is always stressed, the rumors about the company being in trouble continue, everyone wants to leave.
They were rude and stuck up and never gave me m belongings
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
I hated it, They never gave me back my belongings after lying about my job security and ending my temp assignment a few days early. They chose to allow bullies to taint their work enviorment and chose the easy way out of a bad situation. They suck,
good
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2018
busy and productive, good people, interesting job to do, good benefits and good managers. theres a room for growth and productivity. always changing and always busy.
Accessioning
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 2, 2018
I worked in the Accessioning department. There was a negative turnover rate and moving to other departments was dependent on their need for having new or increased staff which was almost nonexistent. Client Services is the department to be in but it is so hard to get into because no one ever leaves that department. Accessioning works Mon-Fri morning and night, with one person filling in on Sat morning for a couple of hours. The work pace is super fast and the hardest part of the job could be constantly doing more work to compensate for slower workers because you can't get off at night until ALL the work is done. It's not like a shift comes in to relieve you. The computer system also sucks.
Pros
Seeing different type of specimens (derm/surgical)
Cons
30 min lunch breaks, may not get 15 min breaks, high turnoever which means you're constantly training new staff which slows things down
Lack of Management on all levels
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, SCMarch 15, 2018
Management picks their favorites and micromanages through them without ever verifying. Technical staff does not receive the recognition or acknowledgement they deserve and in certain labs are paid less than office staff. Life at Aurora Diagnostics is like walking around with a bulls eye on your back daily.
Pros
Certain technical and laboratory staff that DO the real work
Cons
Management at all levels
No Work Life Balance
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 13, 2018
Aurora Diagnostics does not have a good work life balance. The accounting employee turnover is approximately 90% per year. The work load is heavy and very demanding.
Great benefits and occasionally free lunches provided.
Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed my position as a pathology transcriptionist and working closely with the pathologists. However, there was no room for advancement. There was a great deal of diversity in the job setting. Management was sometimes overwhelming and altogether it could be a stressful environment.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No breaks some days.
The worst place I ever worked
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 30, 2017
Have you heard of the expression, "It's the little things?" The lunch room lights turn off after three minutes. That's 180 seconds that you have to read your book. And, of course, waving your arm wont turn it on, because it's not sensitive.

And that's a metaphor for the whole company. Not sensitive. No one from the company will read this review or any other review, or respond to them in any way.

You will learn nothing. You will recode things. Projects aren't really managed. You are paid for your time, and nothing more. This is flipping burgers.

People are nice, but make no mistake. If you find yourself working here, your career is at an end.
Cons
No one will ever ask you how to make you happier here
Not the best place to work.
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 9, 2017
This is not the best place to work management is unclear of the direction they want to go. They keep you in the dark about a lot of things. They tend to treat you as an insignificant part of the team.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Horrible place to Work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Everyday management made the employees feel uncomfortable to come to work. The amount of stress placed on employees, it created a very toxic place to work. No one could be trusted. It was a wild wild west mentality
Pros
Vacation time to get away from the daily stress
Cons
No lack of respect for the employees.
Fast pace
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
I love the people I work with, Ive meet lost of nice people most of them are under paid and not appreciated for the extra work load they take on. long hours and difficult doctors to work for. The management is new and not sufficient with the workflow or the technology we use.
Very good place to work for.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MI 48162July 25, 2017
I learned to be very detailed on this job. Perfection really mattered. Night shift was not my shift, but the pay and benefits were very good. I would recommend this employer.
nice and fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 6, 2016
It was educational, enjoyable, and I liked my co-workers a lot. I learned a lot being that this is my first time ever working in a lab. There wasn't anything hard about the job because I was a fast learner.
This company lacks training employees completely to do the job required
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2016
This company lacks training their employees to perform their jobs to the best of their ability, especially when additional duties are added to the employees job description
Counter Productive Workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 6, 2015
A typical work day, aside from embedding was filled with confusion, misinformation, complaints, and a very low work morale.
Pros
The work is good
Cons
the people are not
Working
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 4, 2015
It's a overload of work for one person. They expect us to work all day and all night regardless of what we have to do in our personal life. When I did my interview I was asked would I be willing to work overtime, meaning if need be, and I have been working mandatory overtime every since I've started. I didn't find out that overtime was mandatory until after I got the job. I took the job based on the hours, 5pm-130am, because it worked out for me, but now I'm working until 3, 4 in the morning and it doesn't work. I'm the only one in my section that is getting most of the work done. Every night I type over 230 specimens by myself, and the fact that my supervisor actually think that is okay is beyond me and now we can't even leave unless all of the work is done, so if there's still work at 9am then you have to stay. I am in desperate need of a new job because I do not want to get hired on with people that doesn't care that they are over working their employees.
Pros
They feed us food almost every week.
Cons
Overworked!