Aurora Health Care Employee Reviews

Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIOctober 2, 2018
I liked my position there I worked for Aurora for 11 years. I liked the patient conversations on the phone, It was quiet however, busy on some days also. On the slow days I requested extra work from my Supervisor and Lead person.
The hardest part of the job was trying to help a patient that I could not help and had to transfer the call or take a message as I was not Medical staff. The people I worked with were a team and we made the day fun
Pros
Health benefits and the coworkers
Cons
None at this time.
A Must- Be Resourceful & Have Initiative
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 18, 2018
I've been with Aurora 10+ years and in 4 different departments. Moving around is very easy however, the training you get once in that new department is Really lacking, which is a shame as that is really my only complaint. Even staff moving from one part of Aurora to another Need training, just because you know epic doesn't make you ready, set, go! Classroom time, modules, shadowing, that would give departments great employees and set them up for success!:)
Pros
Moveability within, good benefits
Cons
Low pay scale, Transfer Training-Poor if you get any at all
Aurora Health Care
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2018
I've been at Aurora Health Care for a few years. Although I do like working here and am proud to tell people what I do and where I work, I don't know if I'll stay here for my entire career. I value a place that recognizes loyalty, and I can't say I feel Aurora satisfies that. Overall it's been a good starting place if nothing else.
Pros
Education reimbursement, adoption assistance, PTO accrual rate
Cons
Unpaid lunches, no on-site daycare, minimal pay raise, and entry pay rate
Every day here is something new
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  AAO - Corporate, Milwaukee WIAugust 27, 2018
Most days you have the same basic duties to maintain, such as printing or managing access badges for multiple sites. Other days, especially when dealing with emergency situations, the days can get especially stressful and it becomes a test being able to maintain your composure.
Pros
Paid Time Off is based on the number of hours you work, Great benefits and discounts to many types of services
Cons
current merger is putting a strain on workers.
aurora
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 7, 2018
I do not work at aurora health care anymore, I was there for only 6 months so I really cant speak to the benefits, advancement and job culture. thank you
Productive and workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2018
Aurora Health Care were an enjoyable workplace with great benefits( health insurance, Long term disability and short term, It is a very relaxed workplace.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Heath care
Aurora and it’s performance
Activivity Aide (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHJuly 25, 2018
It was a great starting place but time to move on and progress and work with a new group of people. I just felt like my boss was too busy to sit and talk about the schedule or make sure we were prepared and knew where materials were felt chaotic at times
Pros
Close to home small kind residents
Cons
No raises
Acupuncturist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Aurora Healthcare. It is a place that I would recommend to friends and family. It is also the largest healthcare organization in Wisconsin. I enjoyed helping patients recover in the ER and in Cancer Care. The most rewarding thing is to see the patient leave without pain, stress, anxiety and nausea along with many other conditions.
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Cons
Mid Salary
overall lack of support and encouragement
Psychotherapist Duties (Current Employee) –  North Fond du Lac, WIJuly 31, 2018
Changing job descriptions with very little management support and low salary increases. The job expectations change with the expectation that practitioners will just roll with it.
Productive, dependable and fun employee's
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2018
Aurora Heath Care can be the best place you've ever worked or the worst place. The management is the main factor. The employees are very friendly and hard working. Aurora Heath Care is a great company to work for overall.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement and furthering education, good benefits
Cons
A lot of poor employees and management are not held accountable for behavior/actions
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 3, 2018
Friendly, supportive and collaborative colleagues, great compensation rates for RNs, wonderful area with great schools and lakefront activities, close to both Green Bay as well as Milwaukee.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJanuary 17, 2019
An okay place to work, good money, nice employees and management, not a lot of room for advancement or switching departments, a lot of work, enough breaks
Pros
Discounted lunches, 2 breaks and lunch break
Cons
Short breaks, not much room to advance or change departments
great office to work in
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 25, 2018
Great company to work for. I am just looking for more hours and some advancement. Very nice OB/GYN office. Learned how to effectively and successfully schedule appointments, run the appointment desk, work phones,etc.
Pros
great benefits and the people are great to work with
Cons
need more hours
Great Employer, Poor Leader
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIDecember 27, 2017
I very much enjoy working for Aurora Health Care. Perhaps one of my biggest incentives for applying, is that there are endless opportunities for advancement.

The educational assistance is amazing. There isn't an employment contract unless you're an ADN Student getting your BSN (1 year for every year you utilize more than $4,000 in reimbursement). This alone makes it a no-brainer for those of us working and going to school full-time.

My specific leader leaves something to be desired. No written procedures, poor communication, and conflicting expectations left unclear (even after 1:1's).

It's a great company to get your foot in the door with. You can always move around to something you really enjoy (after 3 months).
Pros
Learning and Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Flexability
Cons
Poor Communication and Management Style
very busy, lots of multitasking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 3, 2018
The people that I work with day to day are really wonderful. It is a very fast-paced office with a variety of duties. PTO and benefits are good, although not enough floats to cover vacation requests can be a problem.
Great opportunity for learning
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 1, 2018
As an experienced RN CDE, Aurora provides a great culture for continuing education and expanding my current knowledge base. I feel Aurora supports continuing education by providing compensation for professional seminars.
Great Healthcare Environment with great benefits
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2018
-A typical workday for me would be to make sure I complete all my tasks before my shift is up.
-I have learned a few different things such as how to work some floor machines etc.
-The management overall would be a 2 star. It is very unorganized and lack of workers.
-The workplace is in good standing nice and clean, also there are many great employees with positive attitudes.
-The hardest part of the job is when you and another employee have a disagreement about something.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is when payday arrives and working with nice people, also learning new things.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, retirement, paid time off etc.
Cons
hardly any workers
Shorter Work Hours or a longer lunch break
PSR-Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIApril 15, 2018
Overall its an Okay place to work, too many hours for the type of work I do. Time for a Change in Career. The overall Moral is down right now and a Big Turn Over in our Department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Can't get up and Move around enough, too long of work hours
Great Place to Work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 2, 2018
Very clean and friendly work environment. Often acknowledge by other caregivers from different departments as we passed through the halls. Aurora Health Care and Advocate Health Care finalized their merge and it will be a great opportunity for caregivers and the communities.
Benefits
Cons
Pay is low
Expanding
Patient Service representative II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
Aurora is an organization that continues to grow. With Aurora's merger wirh Adovate the opportunity's of employment between southern Wisconsin and the border of Illinois will create more diversity and hopefully a broader chance for internal job advancement.
Pros
Flexibility, relaxed work environment
Cons
Advancement within the organization is challenging, micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aurora Health Care.

Powered by Comparably