Aurora Health Care Employee Reviews

good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2018
I had no problems /fast pace / various duties, walking and mobile patrol , good customer service skills, always on time, flexible always ready to help,hard worker.
Bad management
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2018
My biggest issue here was management. Also a couple of bad seed Doctors. At the end I only stayed one year so maybe things could have gotten better.
Productive and enjoyable environment to work, culturarlly and spiritually.
Full Time Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2018
* Devotion.
* Correspondences.
* Planning patients visits
* Patient's visits in my unit.
* Epic' report and charting.
* Lunch brake
* Follow up patient's visits.
* CPE-Residency updating and reports.
* Home.

I learned:
* Epic program for charting patients visits.
* Be a professional Chaplain.
* How important is for patient family support; cultural diversity approaching; working in team with providers, nurses, and family.
between other importan spiritual issues like the power of listening, silence, advocacy for patient and family; end of life; palliative process for terminal condition; family support in time of grief; provide other religious support for others beliefs and confessions - interfaith connection; etc.

The hardest part of the job is to support families with terminal condition' patients; confort care.

The most enjoyable moment is when any patient overcome victoriously sickness, and is move to recovery process.
Pros
Free meals during weekend' In-House on call period
Cons
Residency and Intern process is always short of time for resting.
Poor management
Scanner (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2018
Aurora's motto is "we help people live well". They like to appear as if they care about people, but they do not. They care about the bottom line and taking over every small medical clinic they possibly can.

Upper management has no idea what people below them do or how hard they work. They are constantly making cuts with no thought to the employees of Aurora or the patients.

The environment is stressful, because cuts are always being made and yet productivity standards are constantly going up for no reason at all.

Aurora is a pathetic example of good healthcare.
great group of girls & Dr's
Insurance authorization Rep (Current Employee) –  2424 S 90th st , WEST Allis , WIOctober 11, 2018
I have learned so much in regards to get getting insurance Authorizations for needed tests, exams and procedures/surgeries.
hardest part is when I have more than one patient waiting for me in lobby while I have one in my room .
good
Lead APP Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 5, 2018
good place to work.
looking for more of a challenge.
great people
enjoyed the staff.
patients are fantastic
the days are all different
appropriate supplies for patient care
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIOctober 2, 2018
I liked my position there I worked for Aurora for 11 years. I liked the patient conversations on the phone, It was quiet however, busy on some days also. On the slow days I requested extra work from my Supervisor and Lead person.
The hardest part of the job was trying to help a patient that I could not help and had to transfer the call or take a message as I was not Medical staff. The people I worked with were a team and we made the day fun
Pros
Health benefits and the coworkers
Cons
None at this time.
Great Place Overall
Clinical Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 2, 2018
Aurora allows someone to work to grow, however a better worklife balance would be appreciated. The department I work in could concentrate more on engagement and morale.
Pros
Promotionals
Cons
Unreasonable Work/Life Balance
Happy with the opportunities I've had
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Troy, WISeptember 30, 2018
I have been able to attend school and keep my job while working through school. I have been mostly happy with the people I have met along the way and the connections I've made I hope to keep for many years to come.
Pros
Largest healthcare employer in Wisconsin
Cons
Hard to get hired
I haven't worked there in years
Clinical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WISeptember 28, 2018
my opinion means less than nothing. This is a required field so I'm providing enough characters to fill the filed. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't like it? Tough.
fast-paced, enjoyable poorly managed
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 18, 2018
My typical day at work was enjoyable with fun coworkers. Keeping busy the day went by quickly. Management was petty played a bully and favoritism. I learned a lot about patient care and compassion.
Stressful
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is checking patients in and out and taking phone calls. It's very hard some days in Pediatrics because you are dealing with children. The management is okay, I wish they were more involved. The hardest part is making sure you don't let the bad days affect you.
Pros
Hours are good.
Cons
Not long enough lunches, not paid enough
Managemet
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION/SCHEDULING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 11, 2018
Management provided an environment that was intimidating with throwing insults during meetings.
Falsifying employees work ability when you express your concerns.
Expanding
Patient Service representative II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
Aurora is an organization that continues to grow. With Aurora's merger wirh Adovate the opportunity's of employment between southern Wisconsin and the border of Illinois will create more diversity and hopefully a broader chance for internal job advancement.
Pros
Flexibility, relaxed work environment
Cons
Advancement within the organization is challenging, micromanagement
Great place towork
Licensed Practical Nurse/ Internal Med (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 8, 2018
The best job I had. Staff is wonderful, Physicians are great. Beautiful clinic,friendly,clean. I can not say anything bad about my years working there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Immediate supervisors tried being fair. They tried working with family life schedules.
Med Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 8, 2018
Medical jobs can be stressful and trying. The immediate supervisory staff did their best. Often hands were tied. Were good about working with family schedules. Kept staff up to date and educated. Did their best to be state of the art in the medical arena in our area. Clean and professional atmosphere. Needed more staffing, just like every other clinic.
Pros
Clinic Manager
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 5, 2018
Security Officers do not make enough for what they do. Management is still undergoing some changes but overall the culture at my particular site is family orientated. I enjoy the people I work with but the pay is not enough to make a living.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
pay
I loved working for Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 5, 2018
I worked 10 years in a hospital kitchen environment. The only job I had not been trained for was Management positions. Coworkers saw eachother as family and treated patients the same respect. Truly a wonderful job.
Worked for 10 years from staff RN to Regional Manager
Regional Manager of Cardiology Services (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 4, 2018
Enjoyed working my way up the ladder and had opportunity to learn through the many classes offered. Aurora has no loyalty to employees as after 10 years with them and excellent evaluations, my position was eliminated with new management and I was offered any other job of my choosing that paid half of what I had been getting
Aurora was a slower pace clinic but a great place to work
Healthcare Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 4, 2018
My last position at Aurora was working as a Customer Service Representative in the Lab-Xray department. Checking in patients and setting up new appointments. I also received a lot of phone calls that needed to be answered or rerouted to other department. Updating patient information and insurance information,
Pros
Enjoyed working with patients that were in frequently and developing a relationship with them
Cons
Having to experience the loss of frequent patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight