Aurora Health Care Employee Reviews

medical call center
Relay messages from patients to provider staff (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 20, 2018
Inbound call center for primary care. Also expected to do outbound calls to patients who were due to schedule appointments, send missed appointment letters.
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 17, 2018
I currently work casual and love the flexibility I have with my job and family. Everyone gets along great and management for the most part is very understanding and willing to work with you.
Great opportunity
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
working at Aurora was a great opportunity to get my foot in the dorr to work in the medical field. one thing I don't agree with is the HR department and how they handle certain situations. being with them means literally no time to mess up but I guess.
Stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 12, 2018
Prepare to constantly be short staffed, management doesn't care either. Just push more on fewer people. Supervisers and management play favorites with a few people to encourage discord. Don't waste your time, no opportunity for advancement. If your in housekeeping and gain new skills your locked in the deadend job. They pile more than assigned hours on partime people, but you pay more for insurance due to lower assigned hours. The manager and superviser always do this intentionally. They are horrible to work for. They sit in their office instead doing any real work to help the department.
Pros
Pto time, if you can get your requested days off.
Cons
Overworked, lazy management
good place to go and wait out your death
Patient Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 10, 2018
barely minimum wage. no room for advancement. over worked and underpaid. stressed out culture. frantic pace. good place to work if you enjoy getting yelled at by patients for policies that have nothing to do with you.
Pros
decent health care
Cons
terrible pay. terrible increases.
Aurora is a nice place to work for job security
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMay 10, 2018
At Aurora you have a nice benefit package and numerous of facilities and doctors to choose from. There are many different opportunities to choose from after having you position for 6 months
Pros
different opportunities, nice hours
Cons
lack of staff and training
Na
NA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2018
NA - Currently does not provide work life balance due to the increase workload without adequate staffing, and a disconnect between leadership and caregivers.
Productive, dependable and fun employee's
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2018
Aurora Heath Care can be the best place you've ever worked or the worst place. The management is the main factor. The employees are very friendly and hard working. Aurora Heath Care is a great company to work for overall.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement and furthering education, good benefits
Cons
A lot of poor employees and management are not held accountable for behavior/actions
Great
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIMay 3, 2018
Long Term/advancement/technology/education/secure/challenging/rewarding/diverse/long term/growing/advocate for patients/wide range of health care conditions.
A great place to work
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 3, 2018
In my opinion, Aurora Health Care is a great company to work for. They promote a positive workplace culture, demonstrate appreciation for employees and provide excellent benefits.
Great Place to Work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 2, 2018
Very clean and friendly work environment. Often acknowledge by other caregivers from different departments as we passed through the halls. Aurora Health Care and Advocate Health Care finalized their merge and it will be a great opportunity for caregivers and the communities.
Benefits
Cons
Pay is low
Great opportunity for learning
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 1, 2018
As an experienced RN CDE, Aurora provides a great culture for continuing education and expanding my current knowledge base. I feel Aurora supports continuing education by providing compensation for professional seminars.
Great place
Medical Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 30, 2018
Best place I ever worked for. Wish I could go back to that place but I live in another state. The people are helpful and so nice and we are like a little family on the job. There is always something positive out of this company.
Pros
benefits, loving employees, great work
Cons
none that I can think of
Management doesn't care about your ideas
Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 27, 2018
The leads need to take courses on how to be leaders. Management is not open to new ideas. Their culture does not follow Aurora's culture so they shouldn't preach it. Micromanaging every single move you make. A lot of employee turn overs. Not a happy place to work!
Cons
everything
Great for volunteers
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2018
I only know if volunteer work. If you want to volunteer, their program is great and very accommodating! They are always looking for more volunteers and have many positions available!
Great workplace
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2018
Love the hospital that I work at. Just one big happy family. Everyone knows each other and always said hi to each other. MD's are great to work with. Patients appreciated you and everything that you do for them.
Pros
Great co-workers
I work in a fast paced work environment for an amazing group of doctors.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 25, 2018
I'm currently working in a fast paced medical office where tasks change throughout the work day. We are often short staffed and it becomes necessary to multitask. I work for an amazing group of doctors.
great office to work in
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 25, 2018
Great company to work for. I am just looking for more hours and some advancement. Very nice OB/GYN office. Learned how to effectively and successfully schedule appointments, run the appointment desk, work phones,etc.
Pros
great benefits and the people are great to work with
Cons
need more hours
Continue to Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2018
There is constant change and growth happening in this industry.
Aurora wants to be the best health care provider in the area and try their best to live by their mission.
There is a desire for work/life balance but this balance needs to be worked out for their management and executive levels.
Productive and relaxed cultuer
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2018
I enjoy working here and it is a very relaxed place to work overall. I work in IT so when things sometimes don't go well it can be a bit stressful but overall a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight