Aurora Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
To keep focused is the key to good planning
Licensed Vocational Nurse (psych nursing) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
20 to one patient to nurse ratio
Learned Psych skills from a training hospital (Aurora).
Management? They're trying there best
admissions with unit stress milieu, equals my excellent coping skills
keeping up with the milieu, can be a little hard
flexibility is key to enjoy improvising to overcome and adapt at this Psych hospital.
Pros
25 dollar Target cards during the holidays
Cons
( 0 ) computers
Don't waste your time starting a career here......
Head Trauma (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 11, 2018
Immediate supervisors have their hands tied to provide any support,Unless they have adopted you as one of their Pets Everything is controlled by corporate bureaucracy. You will soon find that "New Hires" will be making more than you are, After several proven years at your position....How "fair" is that?
There are plenty of reputable healthcare providers in the state, wish I would have invested my time elsewhere....
Pros
Free Internet
Cons
Inept management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2018
Great place to work. There is always room for advancement within the company. Great provider to support staff relationships. Company stays true to their mission statement in regards to their patients. Facility is well liked by patients and staff.
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 3, 2018
I felt management at Aurora Healthcare was great, a typical day at work consist of patient calls, chart prepping and rooming patients. My co-workers were the best part of the job because they were so easy to work with.
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2018
I like to work with people so my current position I am working directly with patient care. I have set hours but because I stay late one night my hours are a little flexible.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 3, 2018
Friendly, supportive and collaborative colleagues, great compensation rates for RNs, wonderful area with great schools and lakefront activities, close to both Green Bay as well as Milwaukee.
Haven't worked here in 20+ years, but it was a great place to work then
Certified Medical Assistant, Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2018
Haven't worked here in 20+ years, but it was a great place to work then. I worked at several different Aurora facilities and found them all to be very clean and well staffed, but again this was in the early-mid 1990s.
Worked very hard with little recognition
EVS/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJune 20, 2018
When I first started working for Aurora I cleaned the clinic in West Bend, WI. Then the manager started having me fill in for absent employees in several clinics because I was fast enough to clean the area of a full time employee in only the amount of time it takes for a part time employee. I received no extra pay or perks, not even recognition for this accomplishment. Then I started working in the office department doing mostly filing, creating spreadsheets, organizing files, and anything that I was asked to do.
Pros
I learned a lot about the medical field.
Cons
They say they're all about there employees, but, they truly are not.
Productive, fast paced and deadline driven
IRB Assistant/Central IRB Liaison (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Aurora Healthcare. It was an experience to help me grow, paid for my education and learning different tasks. The IRB Assistant position was very demanding and also, it was a deadline driven position. This worked well for me and there was never a time that my work was not completed on time.
Pros
My Director didn't look over my shoulder all day. When she asked for information on a certain task, I was able to do this in a timely fashion.
Cons
I worked at my desk most of the time. It was a must to get away from my desk to take lunch.
Productive and Fun
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJune 18, 2018
Job was great except for management. On the typical day you would show up either in uniform or change in the locker room (you got and individual locker). You would show up and then begin preparing the patients trays, once they were ready you would take them to the patients. After we stop serving food you would help with cleaning all of the dishes. Once they were done you were good to go.
Pros
Paid Break
good place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIJune 17, 2018
good place to work, enjoyable, training was good, people are nice, can move up in hours if you ask. Love to work with patients. Diversity training is a must for the techs that have been around.
different locations
Purchasing/Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2018
I worked at St. Luke's which is only one small area of Aurora, as a corporation. St. Luke's operated as a single entity and their management style leaves something to be desired.
Aurora Overall
Patient Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2018
It's a great place to work. The PTO/Holiday pay seems to be different from other companies which they usually pay you for holidays. Aurora requires you to use your vacation time or unpaid time.
Pros
Discounts from other companies
Cons
Aurora should pay for holidays.
toxic
follow up rep (Former Employee) –  CBOJune 11, 2018
I dreaded going to work every day. The CBO is a very toxic environment. management plays favorites and pits one employee against the others. Unfair productivity requirements for some of the employees. The only way to get hired and stay there is to be related to someone who has close ties with management.
Working at Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 9, 2018
Worst boss I ever . Also pay is lousy. Boss is very unprofessional and does not know how to do her job. Human Resources is also a joke because they maintain personal friendships with the bosses outside of work which can be a conflict. You have to jump through hoops just to get help with anything. You can't simply pick up a phone and get the help you need, you have to navigate an online jungle to get where you need to be. If there is a problem with your computer or printer, you have to call a help desk in another state and put in a ticket to get someone to take care of it which can take forever, meanwhile, you have patients standing in front of you needing to be cared for.
Content Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2018
The company allows you to increase your knowledge, is productive and allows employment advancement. The training I received allowed to learn new database software where I was able complete assignments gears to website.
Pros
Employment advancement
Cons
very busy, lots of multitasking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 3, 2018
The people that I work with day to day are really wonderful. It is a very fast-paced office with a variety of duties. PTO and benefits are good, although not enough floats to cover vacation requests can be a problem.
Customer service with plenty of face to face interaction
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Summit, WIJune 3, 2018
In a job where team work is important it is difficult to feel an equal part of the team at the level of Patient Services Representative. Working directly with the patients to meet their scheduling needs and access to the doctors is awesome, though. The number of changes in a week can be daunting, but when reasons are shared with the team they are easier to assimilate.
Pros
Working with good people who want to be in an industry that helps others.
Cons
Unexplained changes, difficult to balance work/life.
exciting
Medical Assistant Float (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 31, 2018
I joined the float pool early this year and love it. I had to get use to the traveling from different locations but other than that it great. A lot of supervisor turnover.
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2018
Good place to work, great benefits. Great PTO, flex schedule, great co-workers.
They appreciate there employees, I'm allowed to work 10 hr days with 1 day off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight