Aurora University Employee Reviews

Highly Political and Uncivil
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 16, 2019
Great pay, but expected complete dedication to work (i.e., minimal work-life balance). Loved that the University is very student-centered. Excellent colleagues with strong work ethics. Highly political - difficult to explain. Questionable ethics in other areas. Fear of retribution from senior leadership led to incivility from “middle management.” Significantly low morale.
Pros
Student-centered. Holidays and summers off.
Good Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 2, 2018
Aurora University is a good place to work as adjunct faculty. It has been a low-stress and enjoyable experience. I would recommend Aurora University as an adjunct instructor.
Pros
Contract salary is very fair
Cons
Difficult to get in
Great place
Administrative Assistant for Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Although Aurora University is a wonderful environment, I would like to explore other opportunities if they arise. I have truly enjoyed my experience.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
no room for advancement in my area of expertise
Productive, Interesting Place to do some good work. I was genuinely sorry to leave.
Professor of Education and Special Education (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 3, 2018
I loved working at this university. The people were very good to me as were the administration. I was treated very honorably by most people. There was the traditional backstabbing by some and ego-building by others, however, in totality, my experience was positive. I had a great group of colleagues. I was sheltered from the politics by a wonderful Chairperson, and I was surrounded by amazing students. What is not to like? I was on committees that I liked with some folks who genuinely liked their jobs. I don't know. I guess I just lucked out and found a niche.
Pros
The students and immediate colleagues
Cons
Some of my immediate supervisors
N/a
Student Financial Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Culture at AU was very tough to explain. Many of the colleagues at the time were unwelcoming which made the culture tough to adjust to. I'm thankful for the opportunity, but happy to no longer be a member of their team.
Au
Adjunct Professor Social Work (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Great place to teach, very flexible with schedules. They hold collaborative meetings among professors which is great - and they really focus a lot on the cultivation of our profession as a whole.
Always Busy
IT Help Desk Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 2, 2018
There is always something new going on. Day-to-day work changes and that is what keeps it interesting. You're never sitting in one spot during the whole shift; we are constantly on the go.
Great environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 6, 2018
The department head and other members of my department are very supportive and encouraging. The campus is friendly and nicely laid out and staff are helpful.
Great campus to be part of!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 7, 2018
looked forward to each day.
Taught over 20 + years
and never missed one day!
The most enjoyable part of the position
were the students.
Management is always fair to ever one.
Pros
close to my home. walk able if bad weather only 5 blocks.
Quiet and easy
Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 17, 2018
Most of what I do is compile data from those who have taken tests in the past. I also make appointments for students as well as sit and proctor tests that are being taken
Terrible place for an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2013
AU is constantly getting rid of adjuncts for ones with more experience; this doesn't provide new teachers with much experience. Pay is decent. You can only work a limited amount of credit hours throughout the entire year which means no sort of health insurance. I was hired at the last minute and given zero resources; I had to design and develop the entire class and then I was dumped after the semester ends. My boss was a strange person. I worked in a building that wasn't even for my discipline. Never saw any of my colleagues. Felt isolated then entire time. Basically, the life of an adjunct is poor because the university doesn't want to cough up the annual salary us teachers deserve.
Pros
pay per credit hours
Cons
lack of leadership, communication, and resources.
Good for money off tuition costs
Bookstore - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 14, 2018
Basically i took this job to lower my student loans because then i wouldnt have to pay a large amount of debt for my loans and it would be best to not have more debt in the long run.
Pros
Chill coworkers
fast paced
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work and very sports oriented. Working in the athletic department was a great job with great people, I was able to stay in tune with the on campus activities and sports.
Aurora University has a concrete mission, which it follows with demonstrated results.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Aurora University is most likely the most innovative educational institution in the west suburbs of Chicago. The university has carefully assessed the demographic profile of the region, and now offers curriculum opportunities that match some of the best institutions in the Chicago loop.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Student worker
Athletic Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 14, 2018
GREAT OPPORTUNITY/ worked on campus and got exposure to work skills and was able to attend classes and i highly recommend this opportunity to future students
good work environment
Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  athleticsJuly 6, 2018
get the job done and no one will bother you about your hours. If you aren't getting it done, that is when you will hear about it. A bit of micromanaging, but they pay well!
Like coworkers, job not so much
Student Worker- Food Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIApril 25, 2018
This job is for high school aged or first job seekers. It is a stepping stone job to create experience on a resume. Nothing luxurious about it. There is no set schedule and very minimum flexibility with time off.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unsteady work schedule
Good time
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 21, 2018
I worked in the Sports Information department and had a good time with some of my teammates. We got to watch games and basically do whatever we wanted as long as we were able to get our work done
Good developing people skills
Athletic Recruit Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 15, 2018
I would meet the athlete and the family. I would give the roughly an hour long tour of our campuses. I showed the recruits every building around campus. I showed them classrooms, our weight room, athletic trainers offices, and the football field as well.
Pros
Developed social skills
Cons
Not enough tours given
Excellent source of quality Secondary Education in Western Suburbs!
Coordinator of Registration Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
Aurora University is such a beautiful place to work and study! Nice opportunity to be involved with a Datatel upgrade on an up - close level! Great team work atmosphere, nice chance to hone my skills in electronic record keeping and People Soft projects!