Aurora University Employee Reviews

N/a
Student Financial Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Culture at AU was very tough to explain. Many of the colleagues at the time were unwelcoming which made the culture tough to adjust to. I'm thankful for the opportunity, but happy to no longer be a member of their team.
Good Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 2, 2018
Aurora University is a good place to work as adjunct faculty. It has been a low-stress and enjoyable experience. I would recommend Aurora University as an adjunct instructor.
Pros
Contract salary is very fair
Cons
Difficult to get in
Good for money off tuition costs
Bookstore - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 14, 2018
Basically i took this job to lower my student loans because then i wouldnt have to pay a large amount of debt for my loans and it would be best to not have more debt in the long run.
Pros
Chill coworkers
Great campus to be part of!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 7, 2018
looked forward to each day.
Taught over 20 + years
and never missed one day!
The most enjoyable part of the position
were the students.
Management is always fair to ever one.
Pros
close to my home. walk able if bad weather only 5 blocks.
fast paced
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work and very sports oriented. Working in the athletic department was a great job with great people, I was able to stay in tune with the on campus activities and sports.
Student worker
Athletic Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 14, 2018
GREAT OPPORTUNITY/ worked on campus and got exposure to work skills and was able to attend classes and i highly recommend this opportunity to future students
good work environment
Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  athleticsJuly 6, 2018
get the job done and no one will bother you about your hours. If you aren't getting it done, that is when you will hear about it. A bit of micromanaging, but they pay well!
Good time
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 21, 2018
I worked in the Sports Information department and had a good time with some of my teammates. We got to watch games and basically do whatever we wanted as long as we were able to get our work done
Productive, Interesting Place to do some good work. I was genuinely sorry to leave.
Professor of Education and Special Education (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 3, 2018
I loved working at this university. The people were very good to me as were the administration. I was treated very honorably by most people. There was the traditional backstabbing by some and ego-building by others, however, in totality, my experience was positive. I had a great group of colleagues. I was sheltered from the politics by a wonderful Chairperson, and I was surrounded by amazing students. What is not to like? I was on committees that I liked with some folks who genuinely liked their jobs. I don't know. I guess I just lucked out and found a niche.
Pros
The students and immediate colleagues
Cons
Some of my immediate supervisors
Aurora University has a concrete mission, which it follows with demonstrated results.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Aurora University is most likely the most innovative educational institution in the west suburbs of Chicago. The university has carefully assessed the demographic profile of the region, and now offers curriculum opportunities that match some of the best institutions in the Chicago loop.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good developing people skills
Athletic Recruit Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 15, 2018
I would meet the athlete and the family. I would give the roughly an hour long tour of our campuses. I showed the recruits every building around campus. I showed them classrooms, our weight room, athletic trainers offices, and the football field as well.
Pros
Developed social skills
Cons
Not enough tours given
Good Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 14, 2018
Support of faculty is clear. It's a smaller institution so you can definitely get in touch with people you need to help you out without much of a problem. Love it there.
Excellent source of quality Secondary Education in Western Suburbs!
Coordinator of Registration Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
Aurora University is such a beautiful place to work and study! Nice opportunity to be involved with a Datatel upgrade on an up - close level! Great team work atmosphere, nice chance to hone my skills in electronic record keeping and People Soft projects!
It was great!
Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 2, 2018
Great job for a student and the position was flexible to my school and intern schedule. The workplace culture was relaxed I was able to do homework when we were slow.
Like coworkers, job not so much
Student Worker- Food Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIApril 25, 2018
This job is for high school aged or first job seekers. It is a stepping stone job to create experience on a resume. Nothing luxurious about it. There is no set schedule and very minimum flexibility with time off.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unsteady work schedule
It was friendly environment to work at.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2018
As a student assistant I worked only on Wednesdays and Fridays 3.5 hours on those days. My job was to organize files, answer phone calls. And mailing letters to the alumni students.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Positive working environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 12, 2018
I have found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Facilities are very well-kept and maintained. There is a real attitude of collaboration and kindness.
Productive, Flexible and fun environment to be around
Student Worker, Graduate Studies (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 12, 2017
Great place to work! The staff is very nice and the environment is productive yet flexible. The pay isn't the best but its just a student worker position
expect more and more from you but do not get paid more for the amount of time
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 15, 2017
Expect much receive less pay. No work/life balance. Expected to participate in many extra meetings/conferences, outside employment, etc. Inadequate mentoring for new staff, unrealistic faculty goals, hostile culture among students towards faculty.
fun place
Social Work Professor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 26, 2017
I was an adjunct professor so you can't expect to get compensated the same way a real employee does. That is why I had to put low stars in the rated questions. It was a fun place to work, but I did most of the work at home having 30 plus more students in class a lot of the times it was a lot of time away from family.