AUSTIN CANCER CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
If you can help it, look elsewhere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2018
Too many changes, it does not get better. Employees are not valued. Some of the doctors are stellar, but the management and leadership teams are terrible. Turnover rate is ridiculous. It's not somewhere that you will feel confident daily. Good luck!
Cons
No breaks. Untrustworthy mamagement.
Overall Experience
Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 5, 2018
A typical day involved managing infusions for 12-15 patients. I was exposed to more solid tumors than in the past and from that learned about new regimens that are used to treat these types of cancer. It was a teamwork atmosphere where everyone truly pitched in to help others not only learn but also aid in time management to avoid overtime.
Great Learning Environment
RN Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 2, 2018
Enjoyed taking care of our Oncology & Hematology patients in a fast-paced environment. With caring doctors and nurses. Great place to work and highly recommended.
poor leadership
Oncology Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2018
lacking in qualified staff and best practice for patient care. The patient's are awesome but management does not provide qualified, licensed personnel for basic safety and oversight of ancillary staff jeopardizing patient safety. Questionable billing practices.
Pretty decent place. Manager sucks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Overall the work place was decent not micro managed. Work at your own pace until everything falls down from the manager then there are consequences. Co workers were great I'm just not one to be screamed at and doors slammed by the manager.
Pros
Work with your schedules and benefits
Cons
Manager
You can do better...
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
I had an entire essay written, but remembered that if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all.

Let me just say this, if you are looking for a company with culture, room to grow, and leaders who lead and empower you...THIS IS NOT THE PLACE!

Certain members of HR will tell your business and be childish, so confidentiality is definitely not number one here. They are good at empty promises too.

You won't encounter much professionalism here. The leaders all gossip and talk about each other and their staff. HR openly tells you when people are getting fired.

The culture is at negative 10 on a grading scale, and I won't even mention the turnover rate.

Austin is too great of a city to work at an organization such as this one. Take your time and find something worthy.

Good people leave this company, because they know their worth. If you know yours too, steer clear of ACC.
Pros
Plenty of parking
Cons
Lack of communication, no culture, lack of professionalism, lack of leadership
Official response from AUSTIN CANCER CENTER
January 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that our environment fell short of your expectations - this is certainly not the impression nor the experience that we want anyone to have of our organization. I'm thankful that you took the time to share your opinion here so that we can reflect on and actively work to improve those areas where we fell short.

Our growth and reputation in Austin is built on our great team of people. Our employees do amazing work at Austin Cancer Center - we want them to feel valued and supported. Thank you again for your feedback, it gives us the chance to make Austin Cancer Center a better place to work - best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

It's good to be king
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2017
A lot of people abuse the privilege of their position and the trust of the people they work with. And the ones that really try and care, get no appreciation for it.
Bad management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin tx Burnet roadNovember 9, 2017
Poor Management, false pretense, policy hand book says no family yet Mother is a manager and daughter works in same department. Daughter was always in mother's office. Lunch is 30 minutes but two or three favorites get to take a little longer lunch, you have to clock out for a break.
Favoritism is unbelievable. You resign and give 2 weeks they ask for you to just leave.
They make you aware your not part of there click. High turnover in employees for the billing side of it.
Pros
Cons
Clock out for breaks
chaotic and stressful
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758October 25, 2017
Management lacks professionalism and communication.There is a lack of communication company wide. There is no room for advancement or growth within the company.
The CIO is over stressed and detached
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2017
The CIO is over stressed and takes it out on his employees. He apologizes afterwords, but you can only get hit in the face so many times before the apologies don't matter. Also, he has been in house so long, he is completely detached from modern technology.
Pros
Cons
no upward mobility
Poor Management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The management was horrible. They treated employees like robots. Coworkers were not allowed to talk to each other. If you weren't one of management's pets you were treated terribly. The doctor's are excellent clinicians but cut throat with each other. It was a very clique work environment. HR didn't do anything about the complaints they received about one manager in particular. 5 employees left within one month due to how rude this manager was. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work at this company.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, High School mentality
Good Place for growth
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
The CEO and administration is caring and have excellent relationship with physician and clinical staff. The company is growing and needs talented staff.
Productive and Balanced
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
It is a very good place to work at. It provides work life balance which is the best part of it. Management here is very helpful and friendly. Overall, a very good experience.
Managment and HR are un fair
Unonymous (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2017
These people can never resolve any issues the right way. There's always favoritism if your friends with management. They never take the time to really investigate any issue, I had to work with nurses that didn't care about patient yet they were reworded. There always trying to say they care about patient's and in reality they don't care, the doctors are the best but management and HR are liars.
Cons
learn a lot
Stay Away!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2017
Management doesn't follow HIPAA rules or their own IT department policies when it comes patient security. If you need something done it is an uphill battle if you need managements help. Just stay away. Coworkers drop like flies and usually without notice.
Pros
A few people actually care and try to help patients.
Cons
Everything else.
Great company!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
Excellent company to work for! The staff and Doctors are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help. The goals and visions for this company are growing and exciting. Hardest part of the job is the reality of what we do with and for cancer patients. The best part of the job is the wide-range of skill practiced and the independence.
Excellent care for both patients and staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJune 6, 2016
Austin Cancer Center is a safe, caring environment for both patients and staff. Our physicians genuinely care about their patients well being and do a great job including the family in all aspects of patient care.
As an employee of Austin Cancer Center, I feel valued as my supervisor listens to our comments and opinions. The physicians are constantly looking for positive ways to improve and move forward in this ever changing field.
5 Stars
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work at. Communication is great. The patient care is optimal. Everyone is very friendly and most importantly very professional. Definately would refer friends or family to one of our Physicians and Facilties.
#Conquer Cancer!!!
I would not recommend Austin Cancer to any patient!
HIM Tech/ROI (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2016
The company has no organizational chart; different depts have no idea who does what; money seemed to come before patient health as most records were not ready for new patient appts etc. As for work environment, get ready to head back to age 13! It's all about who you know and if you fit in the cliques. Hard working employees are not rewarded, usually just fired. Now if you're lazy, sleeping at your desk etc you will have a job for life. I recommend Texas Oncology for both patients as well as potential employees.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else!
Great company with some growing pains
Decline to say (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for. The benefits and salary are very good. Overall Management is wonderful. The company is growing and there are opportunities for improvement. With growth always comes changes. The Management is trying to make this a better place to work. With a little time this will be an excellent place to work. The physicians are top notch. If I had a family member or friend with Cancer, I would definitely refer them to one of the Austin Cancer Center physicians.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Co workers, Physicians
Cons
Lack of communication, Inconsistent Rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AUSTIN CANCER CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

AUSTIN CANCER CENTER Reviews by Location