Austin Community College Employee Reviews

Great working environment!
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  AustinSeptember 7, 2018
Work Study employee at the ACC Children’s Lab School and I love it! Great working environment. Friendly coworkers. They work hard to make sure you are prepared with the required training to effectively do your job. All the training is free and I have learned so much in my first two weeks of employment.
Pros
Works around my school schedule
Cons
Lots of training hours needed to complete in the beginning.
Great place to learn Computer Programming
Tutor Specialist for Programming (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2018
Got Java, C++, Oracle certificates, and Computer Programming AAS degree and Tutored many students with programming language. Great place to start your career switch to IT. Great Faculty composition. Content based education
Pros
Nominal price to pay for a well balanced and career oriented programming education
Cons
Low salary
Love acc
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2018
Best job I have ever had, I will never leave ACC. I love teaching and didn't really know that until I became an adjunct instructor for ACC. It has been heaven ever since.
Pros
Students
Cons
Associate Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
Advancement from adjunct faculty to full-time can be difficult, in some departments more so than others. Management sometimes leaves something to be desired, but generally a good place to work.
Fun and productive work environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
You learn a lot when it comes to understanding how professors work. They have a flexible schedule if you’re willing to be at the office by yourself. You need to be trustworthy
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the great administrators and teachers of ACC. Teaching the wide variety of students also amplified my enjoyment.
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
I taught math to a wide variety of students. In one class, the student age ranged from 20-70+. In the same class, the students were born in at least 5 different countries and varied in math abilities. Fun and interestingly tough to teach all
Rewarding and challenging simultaneously.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
ACC is wonderfully and woefully massive with 12 campuses throughout Travis and surrounding counties. The size alone contributes to misinformation. Each department works independently of others. "Need to Know"the only basis.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Lack of departmental collaboration
Productive, laid back, cooperative work environment
Riverbat Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2018
If you like people, working in a laid back environment, and gaining experience while working toward a degree ACC is the right place for you. Fantastic place!
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Typical adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
This was so long ago, I have a hard time recalling what I liked or didn't like. I thought it was fair enough, had plenty of freedom and found the students to be engaged if not entirely college-ready.
i worked there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 21, 2018
It was good and easy, was able to use the tools there. Provided me with a flexible schedule and freedom. Not sure what else to say, pays well for the that needs to be done.
Love My Job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2018
Great working inviornment. Great working staff. Student involvement.
I have had the best job since I have been employed. The college offers free school and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch employee recognition and Holiday Party
Cons
No Vision Plan only discount
Supplemenatl Instructor
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
I worked part time for ACC as a tutor. This program is a peer lead study sessions to help students in the mastery of the subject. My area was in Intro to Anatomy and Physiology. Knowing that I was helping students get through a tough course with A's was an amazing feeling.
Non-stressful and collaborative work environment
Hourly Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tuscany Way in Austin, TexasJune 5, 2018
I am always excited to go to work and I enjoy working with my co-workers. My manager is very supportive and understanding. I love the winter and spring breaks as well.
Great Place
Networking Tutor I (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 5, 2018
Everyone is friendly and always helpful. i never find myself struggling to get things right here as most people are going to help you succeed and if they cant they will fins someone that can help
I'm here to earn a paycheck
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
Watch your back as there are several people who will "tell" on you for the smallest things, which of course, does not apply to them, just you, and the reason may be that they're jealous or feel that you rubbed them the wrong way. Basically, favoritism.
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistency in management and rules for employees
Fun place to Work
Adjunct Faculty - Northridge campus (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2018
Depending where you work, it can be a great place! I was adjunct faculty, so I cannot say much about the full-time status of any jobs here.

Talented instructors all around and most are professionals in their field so they teach AND do...that's rare.

A great place to work and a great place to get your Associate degree or a Certificate. I highly recommend.
Pros
Great students and great faculty
Cons
Not enough hours to teach for benefits
Fun tutoring job
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2018
Tutoring college students can be fun. Low pay with few hours working. No opportunity to get full time job. Faculty was not good team work. Too individualized and different opinions.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No Teamwork
Productive and empowering
Adjunct Faculty 3d Animation & Multimedia (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
Great place to teach! I wish it paid better because I wouldn't have left into the Corporate World. Night classes were perfect until I got bumped out. I think I will try again to teach there soon. It was very rewarding.
Pros
Curriculum is maintained from semester to semester
Cons
lack of hours, pay is a little low
A Typical day at work
Professor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
I would have open office hours on campus, but students would also be able to contact me by emails. I would teach one or two classes lecturing, open up discussions on that day materials. My favorite part of class was a topic question at the beginning of every class "What has happen in the news since we last meet. We would discussion news and current events.
Pros
time off
Cons
salary
It was an amazing workplace
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
my job was very fun and relaxed
I learn time management , how to stay organized , event planning skills
management did an good job
nothing really hard at all about the job
Pros
lower cost on school
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4