Austin Community College Employee Reviews

Lack of leadership
EHS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
Busy building silos. Changes in upper administration have left many with no confidence. Current director for EHS department has been employed for months but at this point the department has seen him for about 40 hours, if that much.
Great group of people
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
Had to relocate for a job, or probably still be team member there. The faculty and students are all awesome and great source of information and help.
Open culture for everyone
IT Technical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 18, 2018
I was so excited to join ACC and I was so happy to be a part of Accelerator lab to help students with their IT issue. I was able to understand the work nature from my colleagues, everyone was amazing and full of energy to give and be part of the family. I love my manager a lot he was a great example for the leadership motivation!
Large Community College System
Learning Assistant and Testing Proctor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Don't believe that the money received by the college is reinvested into the system well. Watched while the college grew at a rapid pace while professors and staff were not compensated for the work they put in. As a part-time employee I received NO benefits or job security. Very close nit offices - its not what you know but who you know.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
Pay and Management
Previous Employer
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great organization college to work for. Room for advancement, opportunity for growth depending on what you are going for. I would recommend anyone to apply with Austin Community College.
Fun working environment!
Student Activities, Austin Community College (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I loved working at the Student Life office and assisting with event coordination. I found it exciting and loved seeing the enjoyment on the student's faces. Overall, great place to learn and develop.
Great working environment!
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  AustinSeptember 7, 2018
Work Study employee at the ACC Children’s Lab School and I love it! Great working environment. Friendly coworkers. They work hard to make sure you are prepared with the required training to effectively do your job. All the training is free and I have learned so much in my first two weeks of employment.
Pros
Works around my school schedule
Cons
Lots of training hours needed to complete in the beginning.
Great place to learn Computer Programming
Tutor Specialist for Programming (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2018
Got Java, C++, Oracle certificates, and Computer Programming AAS degree and Tutored many students with programming language. Great place to start your career switch to IT. Great Faculty composition. Content based education
Pros
Nominal price to pay for a well balanced and career oriented programming education
Cons
Low salary
Love acc
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2018
Best job I have ever had, I will never leave ACC. I love teaching and didn't really know that until I became an adjunct instructor for ACC. It has been heaven ever since.
Pros
Students
Cons
Associate Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
Advancement from adjunct faculty to full-time can be difficult, in some departments more so than others. Management sometimes leaves something to be desired, but generally a good place to work.
Fun and productive work environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
You learn a lot when it comes to understanding how professors work. They have a flexible schedule if you’re willing to be at the office by yourself. You need to be trustworthy
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the great administrators and teachers of ACC. Teaching the wide variety of students also amplified my enjoyment.
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
I taught math to a wide variety of students. In one class, the student age ranged from 20-70+. In the same class, the students were born in at least 5 different countries and varied in math abilities. Fun and interestingly tough to teach all
Rewarding and challenging simultaneously.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
ACC is wonderfully and woefully massive with 12 campuses throughout Travis and surrounding counties. The size alone contributes to misinformation. Each department works independently of others. "Need to Know"the only basis.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Lack of departmental collaboration
Productive, laid back, cooperative work environment
Riverbat Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2018
If you like people, working in a laid back environment, and gaining experience while working toward a degree ACC is the right place for you. Fantastic place!
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Typical adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
This was so long ago, I have a hard time recalling what I liked or didn't like. I thought it was fair enough, had plenty of freedom and found the students to be engaged if not entirely college-ready.
i worked there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 21, 2018
It was good and easy, was able to use the tools there. Provided me with a flexible schedule and freedom. Not sure what else to say, pays well for the that needs to be done.
Love My Job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2018
Great working inviornment. Great working staff. Student involvement.
I have had the best job since I have been employed. The college offers free school and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch employee recognition and Holiday Party
Cons
No Vision Plan only discount
Supplemenatl Instructor
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
I worked part time for ACC as a tutor. This program is a peer lead study sessions to help students in the mastery of the subject. My area was in Intro to Anatomy and Physiology. Knowing that I was helping students get through a tough course with A's was an amazing feeling.
Non-stressful and collaborative work environment
Hourly Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tuscany Way in Austin, TexasJune 5, 2018
I am always excited to go to work and I enjoy working with my co-workers. My manager is very supportive and understanding. I love the winter and spring breaks as well.
Great Place
Networking Tutor I (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 5, 2018
Everyone is friendly and always helpful. i never find myself struggling to get things right here as most people are going to help you succeed and if they cant they will fins someone that can help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4