Austin Community College Employee Reviews

Typical adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
This was so long ago, I have a hard time recalling what I liked or didn't like. I thought it was fair enough, had plenty of freedom and found the students to be engaged if not entirely college-ready.
i worked there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 21, 2018
It was good and easy, was able to use the tools there. Provided me with a flexible schedule and freedom. Not sure what else to say, pays well for the that needs to be done.
Love My Job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2018
Great working inviornment. Great working staff. Student involvement.
I have had the best job since I have been employed. The college offers free school and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch employee recognition and Holiday Party
Cons
No Vision Plan only discount
Supplemenatl Instructor
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
I worked part time for ACC as a tutor. This program is a peer lead study sessions to help students in the mastery of the subject. My area was in Intro to Anatomy and Physiology. Knowing that I was helping students get through a tough course with A's was an amazing feeling.
Non-stressful and collaborative work environment
Hourly Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tuscany Way in Austin, TexasJune 5, 2018
I am always excited to go to work and I enjoy working with my co-workers. My manager is very supportive and understanding. I love the winter and spring breaks as well.
Great Place
Networking Tutor I (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 5, 2018
Everyone is friendly and always helpful. i never find myself struggling to get things right here as most people are going to help you succeed and if they cant they will fins someone that can help
I'm here to earn a paycheck
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
Watch your back as there are several people who will "tell" on you for the smallest things, which of course, does not apply to them, just you, and the reason may be that they're jealous or feel that you rubbed them the wrong way. Basically, favoritism.
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistency in management and rules for employees
Fun place to Work
Adjunct Faculty - Northridge campus (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2018
Depending where you work, it can be a great place! I was adjunct faculty, so I cannot say much about the full-time status of any jobs here.

Talented instructors all around and most are professionals in their field so they teach AND do...that's rare.

A great place to work and a great place to get your Associate degree or a Certificate. I highly recommend.
Pros
Great students and great faculty
Cons
Not enough hours to teach for benefits
Fun tutoring job
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2018
Tutoring college students can be fun. Low pay with few hours working. No opportunity to get full time job. Faculty was not good team work. Too individualized and different opinions.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No Teamwork
Productive and empowering
Adjunct Faculty 3d Animation & Multimedia (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
Great place to teach! I wish it paid better because I wouldn't have left into the Corporate World. Night classes were perfect until I got bumped out. I think I will try again to teach there soon. It was very rewarding.
Pros
Curriculum is maintained from semester to semester
Cons
lack of hours, pay is a little low
A Typical day at work
Professor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
I would have open office hours on campus, but students would also be able to contact me by emails. I would teach one or two classes lecturing, open up discussions on that day materials. My favorite part of class was a topic question at the beginning of every class "What has happen in the news since we last meet. We would discussion news and current events.
Pros
time off
Cons
salary
It was an amazing workplace
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
my job was very fun and relaxed
I learn time management , how to stay organized , event planning skills
management did an good job
nothing really hard at all about the job
Pros
lower cost on school
Collaborative work environment
Part Time Hourly Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2018
Positive working environment ; welcoming atmosphere; colleagues are helpful and accessible; efforts are always made to ensure employees are informed of changes in procedures and policy
Family relations
Building Maintenance Technician, HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
All good. A nice place to work. People are good, working conditions are good. They have many campuses to choose from. They have nine locations all over the Austin, Texas area.
Pros
Love
Cons
Hate
Great opportunities interesting departments
Student Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
There are a ton of great opportunities at Austin Community College. Unfortunately some not all departments are tough to work at. It is not reflection on the college but it does make it difficult to be a good employee when lack of ethics from other employees get in the way. Overall ACC is a great place to work, one will just have to be mindful of which department they choose.
Relaxed Workplace in a College Setting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2018
ACC is an alright place to work. You get pretty standard benefits like paid health insurance, and 3 free classes a year. It really depends on your supervisor as far as how stressful work is. You can definitely get by with doing the bare minimum so if you're someone who enjoys challenges you'll eventually realize this isn't the job for you. Pay is not good. Very below the average in Austin. You do get spring and winter break off automatically so I guess if you're a parent that's helpful.
Pros
realaxed work place, free classes
Cons
bad pay with no negotiation on salary
Great College to for which to Work
Professor of Economics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at ACC (since 1994). Based on my performance, I could remain there indefinitely. However, my love for humanitarian work is now becoming the primary focus of this the last chapter of my life. While I have done some online classes at ACC since 2011, doing only part-time online adjunct teaching is not feasible for faculty that have served in a previous full-time capacity.
Pros
Wonderful Colleagues
Cons
Scheduling can't accomodate faculty changing life circumstances
Taught students who really wanted to be there
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 12, 2018
I taught woodworking/furniture making and every student wanted to be there and learn how to build with stuff with their own hands.
Management respected the skill set I brought to my students and were very supportive.
Pros
Happy environment and students
no advancement
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 11, 2018
great place to work if you can get in. like I said b4 this is a crazy method of getting inside info on other jobs, so I'm just going to bs my way through this.
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
Good Place to work. Good Pay. Training available. Fair pay. Friendly co-workers. Business hours are standard. Access to continued education available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4