Austin Gastroenterology Employee Reviews

ok
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2019
The job is easy and the doctors are awesome and down to earth. The office I work is ran pretty smooth and the coworkers are great people. Everyone is easy going and hard workers. As far as the work balance it's fair and efficient. I don't experience very much stress at all on the job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks
Great
Floater (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 25, 2019
Great place to work. Management was fair. Co workers were great to work with. The specialists were down to earth and eager to help when new to the facility.
very busy
Bilingual Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2019
expect to work from the minute you are on the clock , take notes, keep your head focused on your job . Calls can be long. Some people can be nice. make sure you keep a low profile while on the clock
Pros
work hours are flexible
Cons
no o.t.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
This company was a great place to work for and the physicians were wonderful when I did work here. They listen to your concerns. .....................
Great physicians/great management
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2018
Love working with all the physicians/I do there daily work which is looking at dr' s schedules procedure schedule to make sure there are no gaps and e-mail the physcians there schedule for the next day.
Good place
Benefits & Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2018
The work was stress free the people were great and the hours weren't bad, plus I worked closed to home. The office was in a quiet area in Austin and there wasn't much traffic in and out which made it easy to get to work and to leave.
Overwhelming responsibilities working with difficult people
Clinic Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2018
I loved this company. They are growing tremendously. Typical day is so busy and at times chaotic. There are some coworkers that do not work as a team but are self-serving and can't wait for you to make a mistake so they can just beat you up. Mean and rude with an "out to get you" attitude. Very little, if anything, is done to put these employees in their place. The makes the working environment very hostile. Overall, if you just keep to yourself and do your job, you should be ok.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Caring (but ineffective) management
Cons
Hostile work environment
Good
Benefits & Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The co-workers were very friendly. Management was very appreciative and they took the time to demonstrate that. I did benefits and eligibility. I would come in to work, set my monitors up for the day by pulling all my bookmarked insurance company websites up. We would take every step possible in to verifying patient's insurance before having to send it back to the front office for them to have to contact the patient for better information.
Great Coding Team
Coding Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 7, 2016
Great coding team. Our physicians very open to compliance education. Management is very supportive of the coding team's efforts.
Austin Gastroenterology
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
Worked at Austin Gastroenterology, the largest physician group in Central Texas for eleven wonderful years as a Reimbursement Specialist.
Interpreted Explanation of benefits (EOB’s)
Kept accurate records of patient information
Ensured claims were paid timely.
Communicated with patients and answered questions regarding charges and payment plans.
Deciphered questionable codes and ensured coding guidelines were met
Researched, corrected, and re-submitted rejected and denied claims.
Followed-up on unpaid and denied claims
Prepared claim appeals.
Verified that all claims were paid at the correct allowable, notified insurance companies about overpayments, and monitored and processed AR reports.
Maintained an open line of communication between all our offices and the surgery centers, to ensure all insurance verifications and authorizations were properly done to ensure payment was received.
Helped our patients who were experiencing stressful times dealing with their illness and insurance bills they did not understand, and eased their burden by explaining and solving their problems.
Ensured that patients knew that our practice truly cared about their concerns and their wellbeing.
It was a joy to work in an environment where people cared about doing an excellent job and got along which made the work environment peaceful.
The challenge for it helped me deal with stressful situations, developed even better organization skills which are a key ingredient to efficiently manage and prioritize your time at work.
The CEO truly cared about Austin Gastroenterology and about
  more... each employee as an individual.  less
Excellent Company to work for. Great benefits.
Chief of Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for and should be, in my opinion, rated as one of the best employers in Austin. The wages and benefit packages are superior.
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Central Business OfficeJune 20, 2015
Excellent place for those who like the same old thing; day in and day out. If you like being comfortable, not being challenged. If you need time to focus on family and personal issues and health concerns more than the job, this a an EXCELLENT place to work. If you can ignore all the cliques, you could learn a lot. No real opportunity for growth. Most employees have been there 10yrs or more. Most new employees hired in the last 2yrs have left.
Pros
Dress is casual, family oriented, good hours.
Cons
Too many cliques, low pay, not for ambitious people. No Diversity in management.
good experience
Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  austinDecember 9, 2014
good benefits. co-workers were very clickish. Management was ok.
Pros
good benefits, experience
Cons
if they didnt like you....forget it.
HISTOTECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2014
Co-workers were great...team-like attitude. Supervisor was fair for the most part. There really was no hard part at that job and the most enjoyable part was working with that team.
Pros
Many free lunches; extra days off with pay.
Cons
small space
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 28, 2014
AG was a great place to work. The doctors and managers really care about the staff. I learned a lot about patient care.
Pros
Friendly staff, M-f 8-5, competitive pay
Cons
Overbooking patients
A very busy medical office with wonderful co-workers and patients
Office coordinator (Office Manager) (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 28, 2014
I would go into the office at 7:45am every day,take petty cash out of safe, print schedules for the front dest receptionist,the medical assistant, the PA and one for the doctor himself. I ould then check the voicemail for new messages and return any phone calls if needed.I also did patient check out, collected copays, explained procedures to patients along with explaining the prep for certain procedures to be done. I would cover the front desk during the receptionists lunch hour along with still checking patients out and answering the phone, I confirmed all appointments for the next day by 3:30pm the day prior to the patients appointment. Run any reports that the doctor would request,process medical records requests, post charges, post patient payments, balance out the days money. Run end of day reports. Make deposits, resolve all if any complaints from the patients or office staff.Most days I would not leave the office until 6pm or 6:30pm
Pros
I loved working with the patients
Cons
no breaks during the day and not very good management support
Endo Tech GTS Certified (Current Employee) –  Austin TxOctober 14, 2013
Great Hours
Through Austin Gastro i was, GTS, ACLS, and CPR certified
low pay rate
Pre-Certification Clerk (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 11, 2013
You can only get a 3% pay increase no matter how hard you work.
Pros
Cons
low pay rate
The company to continues to grow. I am looking for a change in which I can use in my pursuit of Nursing.
Floater/Office coordinator/Billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2013
Very busy work enviroment. Look for a change of enviroment.
great and professional place to work
Medical Records Specialist and dictation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2013
very fast paced high volume work environment with new challenges every day, excellent professional caring staff and medical specialists, much multi tasking involved, compassionate and responsive to patient care, above and beyond in every aspect, never boring always new and interesting challenges, patients very enjoyable part of job
Pros
free catered lunches and snacks, excellent health benefits and benefit plans
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Gastroenterology. Our community is ready to answer.

Austin Gastroenterology Reviews by Location