Austin Peay State University Employee Reviews

Internship
HEAD INTERN (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 27, 2018
The head strength coach was able to get a paid internship position approved to reward me for my hard work and dedication. Working with the athletes is one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. There is a lot of work involved and many early mornings and long days but it is completely worth it.
Pros
experience, working with athletes, leadership
Cons
long days
Everyday Activites
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 28, 2018
Arrived at University early, given three quarters of English 101 and 102 to teach, which is about 75 students per semester. Grading 75 essay every week and a half. On occasion had to discuss with several students who are not reaching full potential. Adjunct faculty are not part of the established full time professor meetings. Workshops were given once a quarter to share ideas and concerns. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing college freshman embracing college culture and taking interest in their chosen field of study. The hardest task was reading essays with continual grammar and organizational mistakes that was missed during lecture time and from lessons given throughout Middle and High School.
Pros
Work hours at University were fairly short, espcially for a mother.
Cons
No benefits, for some unstable class available to teach, and pay is only for semester taught.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2018
After leaving the military I went back to school at Austin Peay University. This is a good school with a small campus and great programs. works well with veterans.
Ideal workplace, great employees, beautiful enviroment
Climbing Wall Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2018
A typical workday was coming into work, setting up ropes, checking harnesses and carabiners. The first hour was usually slow, it usually peaked around 4 with the regulars.
Pros
Climbing experience, Skills, Management Skills
Cons
Slow Days
Workplace
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 5, 2018
Very easy and understanding. I was able to complete my homework while I was working. It was easy work not a lot of work load. The assistant was very nice to work with.
Great place
Instructor, & Trumpet Choir Rehearsal Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 4, 2018
Good environment. Steadily a good work atmosphere within the music building at Austin Peay. I have enjoyed pursuing my education here. Many opportunities for growth.
Worked as a Grad Asst. Loved it
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 16, 2018
As a grad assistant I was able to get the best of both worlds of the department I was working with. Management was not only there everyday, but was available and one of my professors. The culture was great, my coworkers and I enjoyed each others company. The hardest part was supervising individuals close in age to myself, but at the same time it was exciting to see these young individuals succeed in college with our help.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Excellent and hospitable in all spheres
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 9, 2018
A good working environment to learn and everyone willing to help where necessary. Working in a student Millieu has always been a challenging issue as you have good days and bad days. its day and night.Administration is top class.
Little to do
STUDENT AID (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 6, 2018
I often preformed homework. I was not usually busy. The time was mostly spent answering phones or helping rearrange the offices whether that be furniture or resources.
Vetsuccess
V.A work Study (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 25, 2018
Vetsuccess is an awesome way to transition from military to civilian college life. Granted its just a work study, but the ability to make proper connections and ties to the community are endless.
An Excellent Place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 23, 2018
An excellent school and place to work! I Have enjoyed my time working here and would highly recommend this position to any student who wants to earn a master's degree.
Business Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
Create a syllabus to cover course curriculum, use power points for important information and give real world experience to allow students to see the applications of what they are learning. Evaluate students by exams, participation, group projects and personal essays
Pros
I am allowed the freedom to teach in my style
Cons
You must create the course from the book assigned
a great environment for anyone desiring a career as a professor in the science
Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
APSU has a top notch science facility and the ability to undertake some truly exciting research projects preparing it's students a hands on experience that will help them grow in their chosen career or their chosen placement in an advanced degree.
Not Bad Overall
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
I am a student graduating at APSU. They made sure to work with my schedule and schedule me no more than 20 hr/wk to ensure work/school life balance on campus. They were also very helpful with any problems.
Work-Study position
Work-study (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 4, 2017
As a student flexible hours, friendly management, and working with fellow students was a great opportunity to earn some extra income. Depending on which position you work on, attention to detail may be required. It is satisfactory to help fellow students.
Pros
flexible hours
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 19, 2017
The department I worked in had wonderful staff. The work was wholesome and rewarding and there was always something to do. The workload was not overwhelming. And everyone got along well or at least openly acknowledged any tension.
Pros
Departmental picnics
Cons
Fast workplace
Great Place to Work
Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer/ Investigator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 12, 2017
APSU is a great place to work if you have the skills needed and the desire to work. The pay and benefits can not be matched by any other employer in town.
Productive Workplace
Student Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 3, 2017
Great Place to work and to study.Workplace is well balanced,productive.Kind people.Good Management structure. There are not many aspects which are difficult in this job.
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Austin Peay. I always enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the job wasn't a permanent position.
Pros
Good management and great work environment
Cons
Temporary position, no health benefits
Fun, relaxed, and interesting place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Austin Peay. Every day was different, some were slow, some were very fast as far as patient load, but overall, a good place to work.