Austin Powder

Austin Powder Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Summary
APC was in a development stage. Management was only driven by sales. Only selected employees got promoted or fast tracked. Learned allot from my time
Good company to work for.
Worked with the company for 15 years. Didn't have any problems with any of my co-workers. Management was very helpful with job placement and meeting any needs of their employees. Was able to learn many things about the use of explosives, drilling patterns and operating different types of drills. Glad I got to work for the company.
Austin Powder Company is an explosive supply and service company
Austin Powder Company was and it still is a challenging place to work. The safety and compliance demands a manager deal with new hires along with older employees keeping everyone working safely and productive.

I consider myself a "People Person", so managing personal was very easy.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
A number of Government agencies, Atf, D.O.T, Msha, EPA that demands a great deal of time
A great place to work with good Management and field employees.
Each week I would leave (usually) on Monday and had a day to travel to our 60 locations around the country. I would then complete inspections and trainings to field employees on Safety and Compliance issues. Inventory of explosive items was regulated so that was also a big issue for me to check the location's inventory.
Pros
as long as i got the task at hand completed and my reports in on time i had a lot of time to myself.
Cons
traveling was basically each week which left a lot of that time to myself stuck in a hotel room.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Austin Powder?
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.