Austin Regional Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
na
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2018
Company is good to work or. I was interested in room to grow with the company that was not available at the time. Health insurance was good as well...
In need of better management and benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMay 5, 2018
Company can be flexible at times, but if you do not have the accurued time they will not allow you to be off. So always be aware of how much time you have accumulated.
Cons
Unstable management
A Good Place To Work
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 26, 2018
As a patient coordinator the main job was to check in patients for their scheduled appointment and verify demographic information. I have learned that you must have patience, be a good listener and understand their underlying concerns because it was not always presented at the forefront to help them with their needs. Management was always there when you needed them especially when an unexpected problem arose and they did not micromanage which provided me a sense of trust of my abilities. The hardest part of my job was my schedule because I worked every weekend but with management aware of my work schedule, they did always try to accommodate my days off if I needed it during that time. The employees were always wonderful to work with which made the day go by easier and always willing to cover you if an unexpected situation occurred.
Pros
Managment does try to work with your schedule if you need time off.
Cons
Not many promotion opportunities
Great place
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
Great place to work, offers a lot of resources for staff and patients. Provides staff with a lot of incentives and appreciates employees. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-works.
Good Doctors and Nurses; management varies
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2018
I have really enjoyed working with patients and the Doctors and Nurses of Austin Regional Clinic. The downside is that company management will emphasize patient volume and revenue over patient care. The pressure to get more patients seen puts some limits on the time that can be spent with the patients by the doctors and nurses. There is also a need to standardize protocols and practices across the clinics. The proper protocols for patient need to be recognized and followed and not modified at specific clinics due to supervisors at the clinics in question.
Pros
Cross training in many different areas, excellent people, part of the community
Cons
inconsistent management and communication could be better
Great Place to work and move up
Authorization and Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2018
ARC is a great place to work! Our CEO really cares about his employees and understands that we all are a piece of a huge puzzle and our work flow and the company would not work without each and every person. Specialty can sometimes have challenges that family practice clinics do not run into, but it just gives you the opportunity to learn something more! I love ARC and I hope to advance my career with them for many more years to come. Having an amazing boss is great too!!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, great supervisors, Christmas bonuses, Pto, office potlucks, fun work environment
Cons
Hourly pay, benefits could be better
Everbody shows up on time and does there job.
Archives Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2018
I was there for 31 years they took good care of my at both of my job positions. A small company of 300 to that has grown to over 2000.Plenty of jobs to choose from, if you are the right person.
Pros
paid days off
Cons
easy work days.
intern
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 4, 2018
I did my internship here when I got out of MA School. all the nurse and the management were so nice and were very helpful. this is a great place to do an internship
Overall good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
Overall, I really enjoy ARC and the staff and providers. My issue was with management who did not listen to employees and it frequently felt like our opinions/suggestions didn't make an impact.
Loved my family
Multi-Specialty Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
Loved working with Family medicine at the FAR WEST they are the so kind and welcoming. I wish I didn't have to leave but dreams have to be lived. Thanks for everything.
Enjoyed speaking to patients
Patient Registration Representative I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed speaking with patients on the telephone and the job itself was very easy. On the other hand, the work environment in my department was very negative.
Pros
Hour lunches and a lot of potluck lunches
Cons
Very negative work environment.
Family Practice Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I loved working at ARC! Great culture and amazing co-workers. I really enjoyed working with the nurses and physicians. Most of all, I loved taking care of the patients and their families.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Loved this job. help people in the medical field which is gratifying. Of course some of the doctors have an attitude but that is to be expected. Learned a lot.
Pros
Job
Understaffed and poor managment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Bad management , big turn overs, no paid sick or vacation. Very high schoolish environment not much more to say and don't care to comment further...!
Wonderful work place
Authorization and Referral Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The culture is relaxed. Management is very encouraging, and seems to always be willing to help. Benefits are comparable to other companies I have worked for, however, compensation is a little low for a healthcare group I feel. Overall I really enjoy working here!
Fun workplace
National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Great doctors, fun group of people to work with, management is very easy going and understanding when life happens, great sense of team work, hardest part is staying caught up with Drs pace and paperwork.
locations throughout austin
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2018
wonderful caring physicians-staff
opportunities to advance
training available
supportive management
patient teaching and classes available
meet the doctor for new parents
Good company overall
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Checking in/ out patients, making appointments, basic medical receptionist duties. The culture varies upon location, but the pay is low compared to other places, but the people are friendly and they don't micro manage.
Pros
sometimes vendors sales reps provide lunches
Cons
Low pay, advancement is slow
Pay does not work with living in Austin Tx
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2017
Place of work was awesome but could not afford to continue to work there being a single parent and living expenses in Austin Tx They take too much out of your check for insurance also.
Pros
great people and doctors
Cons
pay
Quick paced environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Austin Regional Clinic as a medical assistant. Everyone worked together as a team and the environment was very collaborative.