Austin Regional Clinic Employee Reviews

Constantly under-staffed and the lab supervisors did nothing to help fix this.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
ARC will work you like a mule and never show appreciation for your hard work and effort. The lab is constantly in need of extra help and the supervisors do nothing but expect you to work harder and never show they appreciate your doing the work of 2 to 3 people.
Pros
Once or twice a year we get free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, stressful environment, zero appreciation.
Room for advancement
Clinical Research Coordinator/medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Family like environment and easily promoted. Benefits are awesome and hours expected are decent. Doctors very sweet and so many incentives are available with arc.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay not that well
Great environment but could be hectic
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 30, 2018
I had just graduated and ARC taught me more of customer service. It was a very fast paced environment and I enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately I was not able to continue working due to a personal family matter.
Pros
Staff would be helpful.
Cons
Only a few bi-lingual
Great Place
ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
Working at ARC was great and gave me plenty of learning opportunities. I was about to learn as much as I wanted and experience different departments.
prefer not to answer
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2018
I do not feel comfortable honestly answering any of these questions. It has it's good and bad just like any other place. I did learn a lot while there.
Overall a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 3, 2018
I like that they are very flexible with our schedule when we have children. Family comes first and that's awesome. Management was very attentive to my needs. They listened and work with me. The doctor I worked with treated me as an equal and yhets important to me. aRC showed appreciation for their employees.
Arc
Triage nurse for specialty clinic (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
Best place to work in Austin. People are organized, collaborative, and have a happy attitude. I love my job, my boss, and the environment. They do what they promise and every staff member is fantastic.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
n/a
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
I worked there awhile ago. Business office staff was inept and caused a lot of issue with the rest of staff. HR is non existent and hard to contact on a regular basis.
great place to work
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
Its a great place to work where you'll learnn something new every day. Managment is always willing to help when its needed and everyone gets long well
Family Friendly Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
Good company with a good local reputation. Pay and benefits are competitive if unspectacular. Leadership is good, given the challenge of coordinating the efforts of so many clinics in different parts of town.
Pros
Work/life balance
Fair Job
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
A typical Day: fast-paced
Management: Excellent
Work Place Culture: 2 out of 5 rating
The hardest part of the job: Scheduling for certain patients was months later and having to help the patient understand that we did our best to fit them in according to the availability of the doctor.
Teamwork issues, certain staff not helping but expecting help with translation when there was a language line but being one of two Spanish speaking CSR and having other workers interrupt your work and then voicing my concern and not having the issue corrected.
Enjoyable parts of my job were working with patients and being able to help them set up affordable payment options. Having a patient thank me for being work ethic, simply because I took the time to listen to financial concerns and they would then feel comfortable to set up a payment plan with the financial counselor on staff.
Pros
Excellant Medical benefits, great schedule, great management and HR staff
Good company
Central Scan Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
Good company to work for. Just looking for something closer to home. I have been here for 11 years now and enjoy my team. I have held several different positions in this company. I have worked everywhere from front desk, insurance verification, charge review work queque, medical records, quality analyst to my current role as team lead.
A very nice place to work.
Senior Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2018
I love working at ARC the staff are all team players. management is very fair and very helpful. I would recommend working for this company to my family and friends.
Love arc
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2018
My clinic provides support from the management team to the co-workers to the docs. This is an awesome place to work! I look forward to going to work every day and am so sad that I must leave.
Austin Regional Clinic
Medical Assistant / Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
Austin Regional Clinic provided me with the environment to cross-train in a variety of specialties and roles that has provided with me with expanded knowledge and great experience.
na
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2018
Company is good to work or. I was interested in room to grow with the company that was not available at the time. Health insurance was good as well...
In need of better management and benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMay 5, 2018
Company can be flexible at times, but if you do not have the accurued time they will not allow you to be off. So always be aware of how much time you have accumulated.
Cons
Unstable management
A Good Place To Work
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 26, 2018
As a patient coordinator the main job was to check in patients for their scheduled appointment and verify demographic information. I have learned that you must have patience, be a good listener and understand their underlying concerns because it was not always presented at the forefront to help them with their needs. Management was always there when you needed them especially when an unexpected problem arose and they did not micromanage which provided me a sense of trust of my abilities. The hardest part of my job was my schedule because I worked every weekend but with management aware of my work schedule, they did always try to accommodate my days off if I needed it during that time. The employees were always wonderful to work with which made the day go by easier and always willing to cover you if an unexpected situation occurred.
Pros
Managment does try to work with your schedule if you need time off.
Cons
Not many promotion opportunities
Great place
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
Great place to work, offers a lot of resources for staff and patients. Provides staff with a lot of incentives and appreciates employees. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-works.
Good Doctors and Nurses; management varies
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2018
I have really enjoyed working with patients and the Doctors and Nurses of Austin Regional Clinic. The downside is that company management will emphasize patient volume and revenue over patient care. The pressure to get more patients seen puts some limits on the time that can be spent with the patients by the doctors and nurses. There is also a need to standardize protocols and practices across the clinics. The proper protocols for patient need to be recognized and followed and not modified at specific clinics due to supervisors at the clinics in question.
Pros
Cross training in many different areas, excellent people, part of the community
Cons
inconsistent management and communication could be better