Austin Travis County Integral Care Employee Reviews

Good place to get experience
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2018
It is a good place for recent graduates with degrees in behavioral health sciences to obtain experience. Compensation is better than most other places with similar jobs but upward mobility in the agency is almost non existent.
On your feet, fast paced, and highly challenging work place
Full-Time QMHP Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
Working for ATCIC helped me gain extensive experience in all areas of critical crisis mental health therapy. Since our offices were inside a residential clinic, there was no appointment setting; therefore, my typical day began and ended with chaos and mental health emergencies. It was not a choice but a need to keep everything organized and manage time in order to meet every clients needs, most especially all documentations.
My typical day began with checking my caseload (of anywhere between 6-10 clients per day) to prioritize who needs to be seen and in what order. Each therapy session with case management and documentation was around 60 minutes or so. I managed passes for clients to fulfill their need for appointments, important or personal errands, walking, etc....
In between all the therapy sessions, I managed multiple emergencies dealing with clients behavior issues.
We attended staff meetings daily for one hour at noon to discuss client cases as a team including counselors, psych nurses,
psychiatrist, office manager, manager, and team lead.
I also provided a one hour group therapy session daily in various different topics such as stress management, relapse prevention, recreational therapy, and arts/crafts.
The most challenging part of the job was keeping up with documenting every interaction. And most enjoyable was group and one on one therapy.
Pros
Flexible working and overtime hours available with ease. No micromanagement.
Cons
There was no time to relax or take a quality break in this environment
Awesome Boss
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I have an awesome Boss that believes in the work talent of his employees. You don't find that very option in an office setting. As long as you're getting you work done you have no problems.
Fun and fullfilling place
Social Provider Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
Loved working there. My job was very interesting to me. I enjoyed the many clients and their personalities. I enjoyed seeing them grow into independent people.
Great Place
MIS Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Outstanding employees, Great place to work. All leaders are involved with all decisions. No micro management. Managers make key decisions regarding their area of responsibility
High turn over rate
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2017
Management do not understand a nurse's scope of practice. Hard to work after agency nurses that do not have access to AZ. Turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Social work model / not medical
Crisis Services-LPHA
LPHA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2017
There were blatant inconsistencies in expectations of staff (I.e. Discipline given to one but not other for identical error), management was routinely lacking in their ability to set the example of the work ethic they demanded from staff. The hostility, condescension and total disrespect was shocking. Many front line staff are a joy to work with! Steer clear of working for MCOT or EMCOT if you want expert training and guidance as a new clinician or autonomy and support as an experienced mental health professional.
Pros
Diverse client population, schedule preferences granted, good PTO, Health Savings Account has employer contribution
Cons
United Healthcare insurance is sub-par, very little hands-on training from Team Lead or Program Manager, punitive management style
They treat you well:)
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
My summary says it all, ATCIC treats you well. My boss Nicole Warren is and Angel! And everyone else who works there was nice and helpful. I wish I could have stayed on as a permanent employee and made a career of it.
Pros
Employees are well cared for
Cons
Fast paced at time
Difficult Job
Assertive Community Treatment Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2017
High turn over in my position, management lacking in organization, solid team of clinical staff, difficult to manage high caseloads and crisis with limited support from management. Good learning experience, requires high levels of organization and ability to problem solve and work independently.
Pros
Good benefits, counseling hours, never boring
Cons
Not salaried, underpaid, on call frequently with multiple overnight calls common
Good experience working with this agency
Bilingual Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TxApril 8, 2017
Its a fun place to work if you are able to work under stress and be able to provide good patient services at all times. Any job with ATCIC requires good professional skills and people that have the heart to work with the less fortunate.
Dont expect much
Mental healthcare (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2017
The agency is decent to start at if you are new and needing hours. That said its not a place to learn genuinely good clinical care and only good for newbies as long as you don't presume that what you see is reflective off how things ought to be. The politics and the bureaucracy is suffocating.

Consider it a stepping stone. Nothing more. And always watch your back.
Pros
Adequate pay. Decent leave time
Cons
Disconnected upper management, Terrible middle management, Low morale, Rigid and punitive, They really dont value employee retention, its only about whats on paper and the image they protray, Period.
Unsupportive Environment
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Poor communication between teams, lack of support between management, continuous issues with conflicting, constantly changing ideas.
Hard work but rewarding
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2017
This job is hard work! However, there is a lot of flexibility with your hours and scheduling. The program managers and teams are really supportive as well.
it's an ok place to work
Bilingual Case Manager (Former Employee) –  south clinicJanuary 31, 2017
This company like all others is about money.
-If you are really into social work and/ or want/need to get your counseling hours, this is a good place for you.
-My title is case manger, but 90% of the time I just do paperwork. If the paperwork is updated, the agency gets paid.
-After 4 years in the agency, my main complain is management. believe me, a lot of us are tired of the management.
-I have 500+ clients on caseload. Unrealistic productivity demands. They will talk about productivity until you get sick of it.
-The main management is all about numbers and money, the more time you spend with client, the more they get paid.
-A person with a counseling degree, does not mean is good at management. All management is full of people with counseling degrees, so the management at this agency sucks.
-CEO removed summer and Christmas bonus, but gave himself a raise, because he works too hard (according to him)
-Not a lot of opportunities to grow within agency unless you have your license.
-Why people stay here? because of benefits, they do have good benefits.
-There is not security at all in the buildings. I think they are waiting for an employee to get hurt in order to get security. The population we work with can be aggressive.
benefits
atcic intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I was not a paid employee, I was an intern and completed my practicum at one of there many locations. Great place to gain experience and skills in addiction, mental health, and community/social services.
Great First Stop
Psychosocial Rehabilitative Specialist (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
Will give you great exposure as a new graduate, but doesn't provide very many growth opportunities. Additionally, the organization is very top heavy, and driven by dollars rather than by client's experience.
it was a great place to work and be part of a wonderful team.
Administrative Assistant, Bilingual (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78704October 7, 2016
I really enjoyed the years I worked with ATCIC. I was sad when our unit phased out, but I know that changes happen and we must continue to strive to do the best we can in the coming future.
Great experience
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
I had a really decent experience working here. Some days were very challenging between getting day-to-day work done and managing other crises with organizations that I worked with.
Work Review
Admin Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2016
Good place to work, benefits are great also recommend to anyone looking for a job in Mental Health, company is growing a lot thru Travis County Area
Challenging but very rewarding
Counselor/Case Manager - Bilingual/Spanish (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Requires a lot of documentation and timeliness
Many training opportunities
Opportunities to work on interdisciplinary teams