Austin Westran Management reviews

unorganized
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Byron, ILOctober 29, 2016
Lack of guidance or direction .Untrained staff training new employees.Uneducated decisions made on a daily basis is the main cause of the plants closing.
easy place to work
Material Handler / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILAugust 4, 2013
everyone was willing to help u out the management i got along with great very understanding people
Pros
extended lunch overtime offered often
Worst Managed Manufacturing Plant in the Midwest! Pathetic!
Welder/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Byron, IllinoisMay 17, 2013
It all started at my interview when I was hired I was promised this an that ALL LIES! Rules change by the week, by the day and by the hour, We didn't say this we didn't say that.
We would constantly beg for parts to get ahead which we where unable to do the whole time I was there, kept hearing OH I FORGOT! or it's not my fault. When we would gets parts on time and they felt proud they where usually wrong or unusable! All the profit when out the door in the metal hoppers. Oh yeah which they don't even separate there steel, I would love to be the recycling place for this company.
Management was to worried about there meetings up front holding hands, rather than helping the problems on the floor and getting everything straightened out it was like they are all family up there just hanging out.
Going to use the bathrooms was like walking into a horror movie at a rest stop. Flies flying around like there where dead animals present. Very unsanitary and dirty. Hand scanners to clock in an out that nobody cleaned or anything which everyone uses "Disgusting". When management was asked about the filth of the hand scanners they simply said "We don'y use them" REALLY?? Another thing was No running hot water in the bathrooms. How are you suppose to wash your hands or properly sanitize without that??
Dirty floors, Severe leaking roof every where in the building. Better hope it doesn't rain hard. Anyone on salary in that building should be making minimum wage, because they don't care about there employees health or well being! When they do get skilled workers which is very rare believe
  more... me, management feels threatened so they make up lies, throw them under the bus, or even have there employees threaten there job constantly to make them either leave and quit or finds ways to get them fired. There are little to none at all good workers there. One because the pay is pathetic at best, or workers CAN'T READ OR WRITE ENGLISH at all or simply illegal. I have nothing against foreigners but how are you suppose to make them better if they have no concept of what your saying or trying to teach?? I would have better luck with a 10 year old boy! But that is what THEY want there so they can pay them little to nothing.
On another hand the Engineer staff I think just got out of the local high school none of them even have facial hair yet and seem to have no concept of what they are doing. Plus the head engineer comes up with new "IDEAS" that he thinks will make the job easier an more efficient, and fails time and time again these guys or team if you will where a pain in the a** the whole time I was there. After your done building something they need you to tear it apart and add something or sorry this isn't gonna work. its HILARIOUS how do these guys or I mean kids have jobs unskilled just like most of the workforce.

This is also sadly a union shop which has done nothing for it's employees, everyone in the building hates it and agrees with non of it. Being apart of a useless union with union dues just makes this place even worse. Best thing I ever did was leave thank god.
Pros
Can't think of one! Got Myself outta there!
Cons
Unsanitary, Unsafe, Unhealthy, Useless Management which begins at the top! Terrible Pay with No Advancements at all or ever!
This place sucks
spot welder (Current Employee) –  byronApril 25, 2013
This company is not a place to work for if you have hopes and aspirations of advancement and opportunities. Management is too dumb to notice a good employee if he smacked them upside the head. We hired a supervisor with fab experience to train and drive systems... Guess what? squat. Another supervisor is too busy outside smoking and bringing in old flames to mess around with. The other one takes his job way too seriously and looks like an outcast next to the other two.Management pays no attention to how much they cost this company in lost profit. We hire people who have no discernible job skills and most can't speak English. Our union is weak and pathetic. Our pay is low but our healthcare is great. In all honesty, this place sucks and we all dream about the day we find ourselves a real job.
Pros
its a job
Cons
it sucks
Seriously?
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  ByronJune 4, 2012
These people are clueless. Management said they wanted change, but they really didn't. Penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Pros
people on the shop floor
Cons
low pay, inbred supervision, unethical