Authority Brands

Authority Brands Employee Reviews in Columbia, MD

Columbia, MD14 reviews

Telesales/ Telemarketing some customer service

This job has quotas not shared until orientation. The sales are scripted. The pay is low for Corporate Representative in this area or for the field of work. The pay is below CSRs in the DC/MD area -only $14.20 hour! Benefits starts not on day 1 but 6 weeks after start. Job isn’t hard though and some flexibility to work from home. It’s hard to get time off requested. No Sundays or holidays.

Beware!

No real diversity they talk a good game about having a diverse group in upper management or in higher positions but you don't see that's within this company. Management in HR show alot of favoritism to certain people in regards to pay, working from home, promotions etc. Some of management are aware of directors hiring family and keeping them on payroll unethical to me. The environment was unpleasant and unprofessional. You can't grow with this company unless you are buddies with someone in higher management.

Authority Brands insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Terrible work culture.

Good old boy environment. Favor for favor, and skills are not rewarded. They promote their friends and family, so no matter how knowledgeable you are or how good you at specific thing, you will not rise up.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Great place to work with a great culture

Allow me to be clear for those looking to join Authority Brands. I used indeed to apply and saw the reviews of the organization back in March of 2021 and I must admit I was weary. While I cannot speak to those before my time here, I can say that the culture here is one of the best I've ever worked at in 10 years. Everyone from Top Leadership down is extremely nice and understanding. The work can be challenging at times but it's not like you're asked to do something outside of the scope of what your role is and the organization cares about what you want to do with your career. Most leaders I worked with if not all, are understanding of accommodations should you have any.The salary is competitive in the area and the market. The benefits aren't as inexpensive as some may like and they are not as competitive in this aspect. If the prior reviews had any truth to them, Authority Brands has done the necessary steps to making sure that this is a great place to work, where people want to show up and do well.

Pros

Great Culture, Pay

Benefits

Morale is dropping

The job has went down hill since I started. There is always something new every week and changes. They want you to do extra stuff but do not want to pay better. The morale of the company has went down and does not seem to get better. The benefits are horrible, and have got worse every year I been there. Used to be a simple easy job but with all the changes made, it has gotten to be more stressful. Management does try to work around people schedule as much as they can.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Health care, salary

Good company but HR is pretty bad

Hr seems to call all the shots and often will overturn decisions made by department management. Cliques exist buy mostly everyone is friendly. Really annoying when you get approval from your supervisor for things that don’t affect work flow but then HR finds out and then forces your supervisor to renig on their position.

Pros

Most people are cool to work with.

Cons

HR runs the company and is not employee focused.

Management recognizes your skills and abilities and helps you to move to the next career level. Pre COVID, office planned various events that helped with team building and getting to know your co-workers.

Awful.

worst place I have ever worked for. Completely unorganized and unprofessional. I was let go in the middle of the covid19 a week before I was able to get unemployment from them. Told me the covid19 was making work slow and they couldn't afford to pay everyone....then turns around and hires new people!

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Bad managment. Unorganized.

Great way to get your foot in the door

Been with the company for a few years and I have seen some changes some good, some great some not so great. If you do your job and do your job well there's room for advancement when the time comes and it's available. They do try to work with people and accommodate schedules and situations however sometimes people abuse that and that makes it harder for other folks. My management team has been great, and this job has been very rewarding.

Pros

work from home, health care

Transparency and communication are lacking. Profits and cost cutting above all else.

Was a great place to work when I started despite some areas that lacked, like career growth and relationships with the team and management. No one's job is safe here. Also, cost of benefits skyrocketed after starting. Not what was promised when taking the job.

Great Environment

This is a great environment to work, however, terrible managers can ruin the atmosphere to the point you're discouraged to come to work. Outside of management, this is a really great company.

Since Authority Brands was purchased by venture group, APAX, pay, job and benefits stink.

They have completely removed all benefits, health insurance tripled, deductibles went up, fewer holidays, etc. The turnover in corporate and in field positions is blatantly high. Just a miserable place to work.

Productive work place

Support businesses throughout the United States. Help to provide processes and procedures to show them how to grow and become profitable for all. Support at all levels.

AB Review

Poor communication, extreme reduction in staff, only focused on cutting costs for future sale due to PE ownership, not flexible, poor communication, very disappointing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Authority Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Authority Brands Reviews by Location

Learn about Authority Brands in Columbia, MD

• Authority Brands
  • Columbia, MD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?