Autism Behavior Services Inc.
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Autism Behavior Services Inc. Employee Reviews

ABSI is a great company to work for! I love working with kids, especially in this setting because I'm making a difference in the children/family's lives. I had good training from the start and they really set me up for success to excel in my position. Everyday is a rewarding experience that I will never forget.
The position and work is AMAZING, if it’s what you’re looking for. However it is a lot of work and the pay doesn’t match. All Behavior Interventionists are part-time which means no benefits, they load your schedule right beneath full time, and then just hire more people. BI’s constantly come and go because of this. Clients also cancel constantly and there is no guarantee of hours; you could have 25 hours a week but 3-4 cancellations and ABSI doesn’t pay them or supplement them. P.S. all the short and sweet reviews are bribed haha, they send out weekly coffee gift cards if you leave a good review :)
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
No benefits, low pay and hours
I enjoy working with the clients. At first they did give me low hours but I feel that they do that so new comers can get adjusted and have a better idea of what it is like to actually work with children with autism and I am grateful for that. Constantly learning and gaining support
I have been with ABSI for over a year. I was very excited to work with the company because I was super motivated to work with the kids. They are truly the best part of your job. The rest of the journey is not. Once I got my certification it took me a long time to get my first client even when my availability was open. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship I developed with my clients and a typical day at work is pretty fun. However I did not love the lack of professional development because supervisors are often too overworked to provide sufficient support. As vast as this field is the knowledge that is learned from the ABAT course which they do pay for should be maintained. Which aside from the frequent cancellations eating away at your hours makes it the most difficult part of the job and burnout can ensue. The culture of the company seems to be about numbers and money sadly. Periodically I have received an email "encouraging" employees to leave 5 star reviews with links to the review in order to earn a free coffee or a doordash order. I feel that this practice isn't at all representative of what the real culture of the company is when positivity has to be incentivized among employees and is a poor reflection on the internal ethics of the company.
Pros
A good stepping stone for ABA, pays for certification, amazing bond with families
Cons
cancellations, questionable culture, non existent professional development
Working as a Behavior Interventionist is extremely rewarding and challenging in positive ways. You are supported by your supervisors from day one and they continue to help you grow throughout your career. You are given feedback regularly but they are also open to your own ideas. Everything you do matters and you have the opportunity to make a difference in the client's life. With guidance, exceptional training, and on-going learning, you can expect to feel prepared to overcome any new challenge.
Pros
Detailed employee evaluations, creative work environment
Cons
N/a
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I just started working here and the environment is positive and they are great at understanding that I am a student and work with my schedule. I enjoy that all the workers are super positive.
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had, you grow to love the kids and your job day by day. The training they give you is very detailed (in a good way) I felt prepared to have my first session and felt comfortable asking questions to my Supervisor who is always there to help me. The flexibility they have given me in this job due to school and distance between me and my clients is more than amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in ABA and looking for a very supportive job environment.
Pros
Paid ABA Certificate, flexible hours, experience, support
Cons
N/a
Everyday is a new day working here is an adventure but in an absolute good way. The amazing caring staff shows hard work and dedication to helping everyone that walks in their door. The environment is not only friendly but very clean keeping up to date with the covid-19 regulations.
Pros
amazing team
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to work with kids or gain more work experience. I have been working for ABSI since August 2020 and have enjoyed my time with the company so far. Supervisors and staff are so easily accessible, supportive, and understanding, and working with these kids is extremely rewarding! I truly feel like I am making a difference in these families' lives.
Paid training and certification exam builds knowledge on ABA behavior intervention, while observation allows for further skill development. It allows for you to meet your client where they are, in their home environment, and it’s such a rewarding experience to watch the progress in clients and their families.
Pros
Offers wide range of resources for success
Supervisor often waited till the last minute to inform about important schedule changes or when sessions would be supervise via online metting sites. Then when asked to improve on time management supervisor retaliated by having HR metting on the employees professionalism.
Pros
Paid for ABA certificate
Cons
They expect more than they give you back
Honestly this job has helped me so much. I’m currently a college student hoping to get my Masters in ABA & become a BCBA. They’ve been so flexible with my schedule and super supportive. They encourage you to continue your education and it’s so nice. I haven’t had an employer as encouraging as they have been. They want you to succeed!
Pros
Experience, flexibility, support
Cons
None that I think of
This company helps you grow and succeed in any way they can. They do their best to accommodate any needs/ time off requests/ etc. if you need support on a case they are always willing to provide extra help and training! Great productive place to work at.
Pros
Support, scheduling, care for everyone’s growth
Cons
Na
As a behavior Interventionist for autism behavior services inc. I just love my job and the company. I get to work with awesome children on a daily basis and watch them grow. My supervisors are always there for me when I need help or have questions. Best job I've had!
Pros
Working with children
Autism behavior services is a great workplace and company to build skills and experience. Prior to working here, I did not have much experience but I was able to learn and grow within the company. The workplace culture is great, you can always reach out to your supervisor for support and advice.
Working at ABSI is an amazing opportunity when needing a flexible part time work schedule. They do their best to accommodate your schedule to your availability and are very communicative with you. Working with clients is very rewarding by seeing the progress you are helping make. Management is very polite and helpful in all aspects.
Pros
Flexible, paid training, paid certification
Cons
No benefits for part time
I've been with ABSI for 1 month and it's been great. Everyone wants you to excel and there's a lot of good teamwork. I'm happy to be have started working here.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Pay isn't very much
For not needing a degree or certifications to get hired, the pay is competitive. They train you and get you certified. Training covers a lot of material in a short period of time but if you pay attention and review your notes even briefly once a week, then getting certified should not be a problem.The job works from children to adults with autism, mostly children though. It can be a really challenging job because every client is so unique, so what you learn with one client may not work with your next one.You must be very patient and should know what you are getting into, so do your research. Each client has their own supervisor, but you may be assigned clients that don’t share the same supervisor. Meaning you may end up with several at one time, which makes communicating up the chain more complex but if you stay organized, there is no excuse for this to be an issue.Although there are clear cons to the complexity there, there is a bigger pro. If you have one supervisor that ends up being poor or you don’t get along with, it’s okay, you have others you can seek advice from without needing to go over the other ones head! You have other people of the same supervisory level that can vouch for you, you are not stuck with a single perspective evaluating you! So far I haven’t even had that worry, my leadership so far has been excellent and involved.
Pros
Very rewarding work, Build close relationships with clients and their families, Great pay for no experience, Many supervisors that are happy to guide you, and multiple people to evaluate you because of that
I had zero experience before coming to ABSI. The training process was long and difficult to do virtually, but the team was super helpful and encouraging. I have been working for a few months and I love it! The job is so rewarding because I get to see my kiddo improving and learning! The job does get a little tiring because you are working with kids, but i am learning so much.
Pros
Experience with kids, great schedule that works with my school
Cons
Technological issues seem to be overlooked, making the job a little more stressful.
Despite the lack of work at the moment (due to the pandemic), they do their best to accommodate to your schedule. As for me, I am constantly given opportunities so that I can make up for hours when I have clients that are pending. They will help you fulfill some hours so you are getting paid as an employee. I'm sure the issues from previous experience of reviews from a couple of months ago occurred, but that was probably only because they were not fully prepared for the pandemic (and to be frank, no one was). They are now doing their best to pick themselves back up to fully satisfy the employees' needs.
Pros
Flexibility and Great Management
Cons
No benefits for Part-Time employees
I’ve enjoyed working for ABSI very much. This is a very rewarding job with a good company. This company stands out for the fact that they offer training and promotional opportunities. Staff is awesome.
Pros
Fulfilling careers
Cons
N/a