Autism Behavior Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Best ABA company by far
Junior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 15, 2019
I love my job with ABSI and love that their focus is getting the best help for those seeking it. I believe the negative reviews are due to people not being passionate about the services that are expected for the position. Some people want to just get paid with little effort and if that is what you are looking for, please dont apply. This position is for people who want to grow with the company, and plan to be here awhile.
Pros
Management that cares about each individual
Cons
None that i can think of
Not the place to start a career
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 22, 2018
Company is all over the place. Was not there for long and sometimes clients insurance may run out or stop their services with the company. Do not start a career there.
Pros
Works with schedules
Cons
Management doesn’t communicate at all
Great workplace environment!!!
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake ForestNovember 16, 2018
I can honestly say that autism behavior services is one of the best companies in this industry. They offer a complete package of benefits, experience and the friendly treatment of an extremely prepared work team. It is a privilege to work in this company and I invite you to if you have the opportunity to be part of this team.
Pros
Experience, benefits, room to growth
Professional and Enjoyable Workplace
Community Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 16, 2018
Having the opportunity to Intern with ABSI this past semester has been amazing. I have been given the opportunity to use my knowledge from my degree to help with different projects here in the office and I've learned many new strategies and skills to better myself in my future career too. The environment is so friendly, as well as professional and they really take care of each and every employee.
Pros
friendly staff, professional
Love working for ABSI
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2018
I have been working for ABSI just over a year now. There are some really amazing people that work here, and we all take pride in what we do. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked for. Professional, hard working, top notch employees; with dedication to supporting me and the growth in my career path. All of the offices have drinks and snacks, there's no dress code, and they offer paid training.
Pros
Flexible environment, education funding, snacks
Cons
Only 5 vacation days per year
Incredible employer!!!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 14, 2018
Working at ABSI has been an incredible experience. Great team that helps and works together collaboratively. It has been incredible to work with the management and also see the growth of my clients.
Pros
Incredible team
Dont work here
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 12, 2018
There was no room for growth, they have their people who they want to grow. They expect you to drop everything at one moment and be there for them (little work life balance). They have weekly meetings where they talk about each employee and will cut you. I gave my two weeks and they told me to not come back. Reason I was leaving was for advancement. They don't treat employees well. The owners are married and always fight.
Pros
Snack
Cons
management, owner
Not What They Seem
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 28, 2018
There is a lack of support from management and training especially on handling aggressive students. Evade doesn't always work. They act as if they care so much about the employees and progressing the children but it's all about profit when it comes down to things. You will just get thrown into your duties. The job can be highly stressful at times working with kids on the autism spectrum such as figuring out how to successfully run an intervention program and dealing with the backlash of the other professionals that service the child that you may interact with. What makes matters more stressful is when you do not receive adequate training and when you reach out to a supervisor for guidance and support and do not receive it but instead attitude like you are the problem and they dont have the time to help you or the empathy to. They want you to just go along with whatever nonsense insisted against your better judgment when you are the only one in certain situations that can be unethical at times. They will contradict themselves on their policies such as the requirements for the job and expectations. Do not question this or you are a target. Friends of supervisors get hired and given hours over more qualified people. It is very much like high school with the cliques, bias and favoritism. Sure you may make decent money but at what cost?
Pros
decent money, have some flexibility of hours and opportunities for advancement if you are "likable"
Cons
lack of supervisor support and training and lack of consistent policies
Great Company
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 9, 2017
This company really cares about their employees. They teach you everything you need to in order to be prepared to work with each individual. Whenever I needed something, the Therapists were easy to reach. Must be flexible with your schedule!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Behavior Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Autism Behavior Services Inc. Reviews by Location