Autism Learning Partners Employee Reviews

It has its perks
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CA 93230September 17, 2018
This job is not for everyone. It is rewarding and amazing at times, but then there are those times when it is hard and takes so much out of you. One of the key elements to this job is having a great support system. Sadly, this is a hit or miss with management; some BT's do not have adequate supervision or support making their jobs all the more difficult.

This company does not operate with the best interest of their clients or employees. While they offer training, some of the overlaps are done with new hires that don't know what they are doing. For an ABA company, you'd think they would be able to have systems in place. However, management will push more cases on supervisors when we are already understaffed and no support is given to management.

The workplace culture is non-existent aside from their being clicks. If someone in management does not like you; they will blackball you from their cases. If you are in management and they don't like you they will treat you like an outcast until you quit or they get rid of you.

The hardest part of the job is the office politics and the most enjoyable part of the job are the kids.
Pros
The kids, families, and some of the employees
Cons
Lack of support, management, and hostile work environment
Stressful
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 13, 2018
Not enough training to properly accomplish job responsibilities, Highly stressful work environment with very poor communication from management team and other employees.
Very unorganized
Behavioral Intervention Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2018
Your schedule could be changed at the drop of a hat I went form 40 hours to 10 in two days because another person was hired. Often conflicting information was given I would receive an email asking me to work and then I would go to work but could not claim the time.
Pros
Cons
no steady hours, administration does not know what is going on.
A great company to work for
Medical Biller/Collections (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Autism Learning Partners it's a great company in general. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great benefits and paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Look Elsewhere
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
I worked here for almost 2 years, and it can be really stressful. You are responsible for make ups and cancellations, and even though it's not your fault, you will face the consequences if a family you work with is particularly fickle, and won't ever make up and is always cancelling, or if they're just non participatory during the session. They will work you insane hours, over 40 hours a week, without overtime, without making you full time, without benefits. Their policy is that because the hours fluctuate depending on the family, you cannot qualify until working those hours exactly for at least 6 months. So it's pretty much impossible to qualify for benefits as a BT. You will pretty much see no compensation from the drive time or distance, and although they say they will give you cases near you, you will end up having to drive over 20 miles to get where you need to go. You have to constantly check your email, respond to messages and calls, whether or not it is your day off, and there will be consequences if you do not respond immediately. The biggest problem with this, is I personally never felt like I could get out of my 'work mode,' on my days off, on vacation, still checking emails, still having to make calls. You'll have mandatory meetings at least once a month too which do sometimes fall on your non-workdays, they are compensated for, but at min wage.

The biggest bummer about all of this is that some of that families and kids you work with are so wonderful, and they are the ones most affected by the company's lack of care towards their employees, because you get high
  more... turnover rates, so their assigned BT and supervisor is bound to keep changing.

The company overall is just really disorganized and trying to squeeze as much as they can out of their employees for as little as possible.
Pros
The families and kids can be great!
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Very Busy, Micromanaging, Stressful
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 20, 2018
This company offers great benefits and great learning experience. They provide guidance throughout the way, however, they are really quick to write you up with little time to improve. Their billable requires can be stressful, specially when you have to write so many reports.
Pros
Benefits, guidance, salary
Cons
micromanaging, stressful, billable requirement is unreasonable.
Horrible never again will I ever work for this company nor will I recommend anyone!
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 16, 2018
I don't know where to start! Supervisors are horrible they have the title of a supervisor but have no experience as a supervisor! Will make comments in front of parents and other staff to make sure everyone knows what's going on supervisors will purposely embarrass you when you go higer up to talk about issues nothing is ever done and it causes more problems because there all friends and tell each other! They won't work with you on scheduling and say it isn't company policy when and if you try and change your schedule. It was the worst company I have ever worked for and for everyone that is applying for this job don't waste your time!!!
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Productive Workplace
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 13, 2018
Great company to work with. Social gatherings and monthly meetings. Trained well and provide support when needed. Opportunity to grow in the company and you get free certifications.
Pros
Bonuses and monthly raffles
Cons
Lack of hours when school is not in session
Don’t recommend
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 9, 2018
Poor communication with the company
Low pay
No benefits
You need coverage if you can’t work
Emails are not responded to in a timely manner
Only get paid half pay if client canceled and won’t be redirected elsewhere
Client supply’s are lacking and running session without supply’s is difficult
Supervisors sometimes don’t explain how to run session even when emailed multiple times
Pros
Cons
Everything listed above
Na
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2018
You are directed by a bunch of people on the management level. They will decide your schedule and won't change on your wish rather get words like you will be getting disciplinary actions.
Great work environment
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2018
I've been working here for over 3 years and it's a pretty relaxed environment if you are a BT, since you don't get too many hours (depending on your schedule) but there are many opportunities to get more. Supervisors and Directors are very friendly and if you talk to them, you can get more opportunities to advance in your career.
Pros
relaxed/flexible schedule, paid time off
Cons
only full-time gets more benefits
High Turn-Over Rate
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 5, 2018
Training is brief and intense without guidance. The focus is not on clientele, but on documentation. Limited employee support in the field and harshly criticized if not meeting supervisor demands. Few supervisors are adequately equipped to work within their scope and are unwilling to work with subordinates. Unrealistic expectations and approaches. Some supervisors undermine the subordinates and clientele knowledge-base. High employee turn-over rate reveals lack of support and/or no fulfillment within the job.
Pros
Working with clientele base
Cons
High expectations without proper supervisory support
Management unreliable
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Management wasn't friendly when you go into the office, they treat you as those your the "help" and they are higher than you. They side with the clients and reduce your hours without notice of replacing your hours.
Pros
clients, vacation time off, paided holidays
Cons
Unsupportive management, inconsistent with communication and hours
depends on the family you get honestly
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 31, 2018
supervisors are decent, but the overall structure of the company is really off. Your not a person, just someone working for them. its unfortunate that they don’t value there employees.
Pros
pretty flexible jon
Cons
the company does not care for its employees
Great place to again experiences!
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day would be driving around to the clients house.
Also, I learned that I did not like the online modules, but that was requirement in order to get certified for the job as behavioral technician.
Culture is Everything
BCBA Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
I absolutely love working for ALP. My former companies lacked abiding by ethical standards and was driven by the business and sales, leaving the clients out of the picture. Over here, it is opposite. The structure of support definitely allows for you to feel you're moving in the right direction and always progressing. Also, what's not to love about a supportive leadership team. ALP takes pride in teaching and molding it's Behavior Technician, constantly providing support however possible to ensure their confidence. This further leads to better quality of care for the clients. There is always room for growth here, and the job culture allows for an openness and transparency you can't get anywhere else. In terms of turnover, it is low. We all work so hard to ensure everyones needs are met and that they know they are part of a family who cares. Although our trainings are not thorough, if you love to learn you'll do it on your own time (which I do). In terms of work life balance, it goes to say if you care about you're client you'll always do more than what's asked of you. Unfortunately, I love my clients and abide by my ethical and moral code to ensure I go to the extra mile for them. So, I don't know what a work life balance is, but hopefully one day I will. There is some burnout here and there, especially when the company is constantly growing and developing new technology. But this comes with the fact that ALP is in fact very new. It's former name PCFA had a bad rap and we've done everything in our power to turn that around. It takes a village, but thank goodness for our amazing  more... team.  less
Pros
Supportive Leadership, Transparency, Growth Opportunities, Great Job Culture
Cons
Work Life Balance
Apply Anywhere Else
BT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
I have never experienced anything so crazy. ABA is not exactly a great field for BT's or direct service providers but ALP really is the worst. No chairs at mandatory company meetings to sit in. They have you handle the scheduling and cancellations which means you are answering emails and texts off the clock at all hours of the day as a non-salaried employee. Empty promises. Zero follow through. Such high turnover, their lack of an attempt to retain employees is really doing a disservice to the clients. I'm surprised parents even stay with this ABA provider.
Pros
Nothing you couldn't find at any other ABA job
Cons
Work life balance, unstable income, handling responsibilities you aren't paid for
ABA Therapist
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 25, 2018
I only worked part time, the company will work with you schedule. The down fall is that they want you to travel and often do not get paid for traveling. As part time no holiday pay, no insurance, so I had to work almost every holiday for I would not get regular pay. As full time you have greater benefits. Sometimes families would no make it for sessions, no no pay for sessions.
Pros
You can move up
Cons
If your part time no benefits, or holiday pay.
Benefits
Behavior technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CA 90242June 19, 2018
Not a lot of growing opportunities. They require 36 hours or more for benefits all year round. Summer and winter gives you less hours which makes it hard to become full time.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
not a lot of benefits
good place to work for
clinical supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 1, 2018
This job gives you flexible hours and freedom to lead your team which is great. The company uses central reach for data collection, converting appointments with families, and creating programs. This is fantastic if you are tech savvy, but if you struggle with technology in general then you may struggle with the job. There is room for advancement, which is great.
Pros
great resources, flexible schedule, teamwork environment
Cons
paid vacation days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Learning Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight