Autism Learning Partners Employee Reviews

A great place to get started in ABA, but still would not recommend
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CANovember 30, 2018
I began working at ALP super excited, ready to learn more about ABA, and very happy to be able to help people. I was supervised probably 5 times, got written feedback twice, and was only supervised with a client with whom I only worked with once a week, instead of my client that I worked with three times a week.
One day I was randomly sent an email to come into the office for a meeting. At that meeting I was let go. When asked why I was given extremely vague reasons, and none of these reasons were reflected in the written feedback I was given. The supervisors here are shallow and unkind and lack compassion. Godspeed to anyone who decides to work here and is a human who makes mistakes.
Fast-growing ABA Company with a lot to offer
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2018
I have been with ALP just shy of 3 years, and in that time I have seen it grow tremendously. And it continues to. We are always moving into new states and new locations trying to help provide therapy to individuals and families in need everywhere we can. That's been really cool to be a part of.

Along with the growth, there are times when it can get confusing on who to go to for what. However, the leadership team is smart, dynamic, and savvy, and good at helping direct traffic.

I'm excited to see where ALP is going!
Pros
Size, opportunity for growth, transparency, and support.
Cons
There are some structural issues due to the growth that need to be worked out
Values-driven culture!
BCBA (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2018
The senior management are very committed to making business decisions that are ethical and aligned with clinical best practice. There is a lot of innovation happening across departments right now - it's a great time to be part of the team.

There are lots of opportunities for career advancement and professional development: tuition reimbursement for BTs working toward the BCBA. CEUs and promotion opportunities for supervisors (senior supervisor, assistant clinical director). Growth across the US allows for frequent in-house promotions.
Could be fun depending on client and supervisor you have
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 5, 2018
At first I was getting paid the wrong amount that was in my contract. This took 3 weeks to fix until I got my money.

A supervisor did not check my therapy techniques for weeks until she did and I found out what I was doing was wrong. I changed it and my client did not agree with it. I'm only there now to block my client from doing bad things, not to give them adequate therapy.

New supervisor is more helpful. It just depends who your BCBA is.

The coworkers gossip a lot.
Pros
good pay, challenges you
Cons
2-3 hour shifts
It has its perks
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ventura CaOctober 13, 2018
Great pay they pay for mileage, they paid for team meetings. I recommend this job but only for people who have experience with ABA therapy. If you don’t have any, your just thrown in. At times I question myself if I was doing my job right. Supervision was only once a month. Which mean u met with ur supervisor once a month during a session I felt that wasn’t enough. They completely lack training there staff. My supervisor was great but she did have other cases to handle she was the only one for my region, that to much for one person. I love the job, they were supportive but they need to be more organize and train there staff more.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The training
Rude Staff
APA (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2018
This company has some good factors and bad ones. The receptionist at the San Jose locations is beyond rude (ghetto) and makes you feel unwelcome. Your management staff will support you to a limit. When you are set up with trainers during your first week or two, you may end up with someone that supports you or not. The trainers would not communicate with you in a manner of respect. I feel that this company should look into the staff members within the company. The culture here displays favoritism and will not fully support you. Be careful with the arrangments you have prior before starting. They would like to change your availability on you and demand certain work shifts.
Professional environment and dependable supervisors
Behavioral Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJanuary 2, 2019
They had just switched supervisors and other positions in the company. With all that, they still did well to train and help BT's. My supervisors were always available to answer any of my questions or concerns.
Pros
Build a bond with clients
Cons
Car is needed for more hours
A nice place to work, but not very professional
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 6, 2018
I love the job, but the supervisors are not the best, and you are forced to bend to the will of parents most times instead of doing a specific job. Also you don't get much training you kind of just get thrown to the wolves. the schedule is also stressful because you are working unorthodox hours even though you don't work Manny
Productive and fun workplace
BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Autism Learning Partners was a great place to work while I was in school and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. My coworkers were always willing to help and my bosses responded to any problems I had very quickly.
Pros
Paid during training
Cons
Schedule largely depends on client
Denver alp
RBT / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
This place has been a god send, since switching companies and experiencing burnt out BCBAs and owners who only see money.

The director is a hardworking female powerhouse. That is not overwhelming or intimidating but welcoming to all levels and passionate about quality service. Also is a real human being.

Not only that but they pay for travel and gas, education, certifications ....

They provide countless materials ... don’t have it no worries she will get it or show you an alternative on site.

The culture thus far is like a family and the energy is positive.

The staff all cares about the client and the team work.

I don’t know I’m having an amazing time here at ALP and I can see my self staying here for the long run!
Pros
Small company with corporate backing, the staff, the support
Cons
Like an Inhome service; getting your initial case load will take some time
Great Place to Grow
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 15, 2018
Autism Learning Partners has been extremely helpful in setting me up with a clear career path. Since day 1, ALP has provided me with many resources and constant feedback. I can definitely see myself growing with ALP.
Pros
Good benefits, company cc, employee discounts, employee incentive program
Cons
None at the moment
Horrible never again will I ever work for this company nor will I recommend anyone!
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 16, 2018
I don't know where to start! Supervisors are horrible they have the title of a supervisor but have no experience as a supervisor! Will make comments in front of parents and other staff to make sure everyone knows what's going on supervisors will purposely embarrass you when you go higer up to talk about issues nothing is ever done and it causes more problems because there all friends and tell each other! They won't work with you on scheduling and say it isn't company policy when and if you try and change your schedule. It was the worst company I have ever worked for and for everyone that is applying for this job don't waste your time!!!
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Very unorganized
Behavioral Intervention Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2018
Your schedule could be changed at the drop of a hat I went form 40 hours to 10 in two days because another person was hired. Often conflicting information was given I would receive an email asking me to work and then I would go to work but could not claim the time.
Pros
Cons
no steady hours, administration does not know what is going on.
Very Busy, Micromanaging, Stressful
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 20, 2018
This company offers great benefits and great learning experience. They provide guidance throughout the way, however, they are really quick to write you up with little time to improve. Their billable requires can be stressful, specially when you have to write so many reports.
Pros
Benefits, guidance, salary
Cons
micromanaging, stressful, billable requirement is unreasonable.
Don’t recommend
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 9, 2018
Poor communication with the company
Low pay
No benefits
You need coverage if you can’t work
Emails are not responded to in a timely manner
Only get paid half pay if client canceled and won’t be redirected elsewhere
Client supply’s are lacking and running session without supply’s is difficult
Supervisors sometimes don’t explain how to run session even when emailed multiple times
Pros
Cons
Everything listed above
Great work environment
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2018
I've been working here for over 3 years and it's a pretty relaxed environment if you are a BT, since you don't get too many hours (depending on your schedule) but there are many opportunities to get more. Supervisors and Directors are very friendly and if you talk to them, you can get more opportunities to advance in your career.
Pros
relaxed/flexible schedule, paid time off
Cons
only full-time gets more benefits
High Turn-Over Rate
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 5, 2018
Training is brief and intense without guidance. The focus is not on clientele, but on documentation. Limited employee support in the field and harshly criticized if not meeting supervisor demands. Few supervisors are adequately equipped to work within their scope and are unwilling to work with subordinates. Unrealistic expectations and approaches. Some supervisors undermine the subordinates and clientele knowledge-base. High employee turn-over rate reveals lack of support and/or no fulfillment within the job.
Pros
Working with clientele base
Cons
High expectations without proper supervisory support
Management unreliable
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Management wasn't friendly when you go into the office, they treat you as those your the "help" and they are higher than you. They side with the clients and reduce your hours without notice of replacing your hours.
Pros
clients, vacation time off, paided holidays
Cons
Unsupportive management, inconsistent with communication and hours
Eye Opener for the World of Behavioral Therapy
Behavioral therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 4, 2018
The concept of how to treat is there but follow through is rare. At times I felt like I was wasting everyone's time and the supervision was non-existent. It was good for he experience and knowledge of what not to do in your own practice.
Think Twice
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 22, 2018
Never enough hours, they always hire new BTs because people are constantly quitting. Do better by your employees! You may not receive the support you need if you choose to work for this company. Lots of promises without any action.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Learning Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight