Autism Learning Partners Employee Reviews

Great place to again experiences!
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day would be driving around to the clients house.
Also, I learned that I did not like the online modules, but that was requirement in order to get certified for the job as behavioral technician.
Culture is Everything
BCBA Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
I absolutely love working for ALP. My former companies lacked abiding by ethical standards and was driven by the business and sales, leaving the clients out of the picture. Over here, it is opposite. The structure of support definitely allows for you to feel you're moving in the right direction and always progressing. Also, what's not to love about a supportive leadership team. ALP takes pride in teaching and molding it's Behavior Technician, constantly providing support however possible to ensure their confidence. This further leads to better quality of care for the clients. There is always room for growth here, and the job culture allows for an openness and transparency you can't get anywhere else. In terms of turnover, it is low. We all work so hard to ensure everyones needs are met and that they know they are part of a family who cares. Although our trainings are not thorough, if you love to learn you'll do it on your own time (which I do). In terms of work life balance, it goes to say if you care about you're client you'll always do more than what's asked of you. Unfortunately, I love my clients and abide by my ethical and moral code to ensure I go to the extra mile for them. So, I don't know what a work life balance is, but hopefully one day I will. There is some burnout here and there, especially when the company is constantly growing and developing new technology. But this comes with the fact that ALP is in fact very new. It's former name PCFA had a bad rap and we've done everything in our power to turn that around. It takes a village, but thank goodness for our amazing  more... team.  less
Pros
Supportive Leadership, Transparency, Growth Opportunities, Great Job Culture
Cons
Work Life Balance
Apply Anywhere Else
BT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
I have never experienced anything so crazy. ABA is not exactly a great field for BT's or direct service providers but ALP really is the worst. No chairs at mandatory company meetings to sit in. They have you handle the scheduling and cancellations which means you are answering emails and texts off the clock at all hours of the day as a non-salaried employee. Empty promises. Zero follow through. Such high turnover, their lack of an attempt to retain employees is really doing a disservice to the clients. I'm surprised parents even stay with this ABA provider.
Pros
Nothing you couldn't find at any other ABA job
Cons
Work life balance, unstable income, handling responsibilities you aren't paid for
ABA Therapist
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 25, 2018
I only worked part time, the company will work with you schedule. The down fall is that they want you to travel and often do not get paid for traveling. As part time no holiday pay, no insurance, so I had to work almost every holiday for I would not get regular pay. As full time you have greater benefits. Sometimes families would no make it for sessions, no no pay for sessions.
Pros
You can move up
Cons
If your part time no benefits, or holiday pay.
Benefits
Behavior technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CA 90242June 19, 2018
Not a lot of growing opportunities. They require 36 hours or more for benefits all year round. Summer and winter gives you less hours which makes it hard to become full time.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
not a lot of benefits
good place to work for
clinical supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 1, 2018
This job gives you flexible hours and freedom to lead your team which is great. The company uses central reach for data collection, converting appointments with families, and creating programs. This is fantastic if you are tech savvy, but if you struggle with technology in general then you may struggle with the job. There is room for advancement, which is great.
Pros
great resources, flexible schedule, teamwork environment
Cons
paid vacation days
helpful and important for families
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 18, 2018
Great services available to families through this company. Employees are very helpful and nice. Work makes you feel great, especially when you know you have helped families and individuals.
Pros
great place to work/ good pay
Cons
hard to be full time
Interesting, good for students
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 13, 2018
They hire anyone who has ever been in any sort of contact with childern with autism, that part is a bit concerning since some people have no idea at all what they are doing. Staff Is nice, you can pick up a lot of hours easily, pay rate is good for college students or stay at home moms looking for part time work.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Training is lacking
Constantly Unsettled
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 13, 2018
You never know how many hours you're going to work, when/if you're going to get a new client, what management thinks of your job performance, how much money you're going to make in a week. It is very unsettling to have no sense of stability or to be able to plan your days because you never know what's going to be thrown at you at the last minute or taken away when you were counting on that bit of income. And management really doesn't care about what they're doing to you. Extremely stressful.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Unknown work hours, low pay, poor management, no personal support
Great start for students/people interested in Applied Behavior Analysis
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno County, CAMay 11, 2018
Autism Learning Partners is a great place to gain experience in Applied Behavior Analysis. The training was not the best but I guess it depends which location trains you. The hardest part of the job is working with kids who use physical force on you to get what they want. The best enjoyment is seeing your client improve.
Hey if you need a job
BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2018
If you need a job and you are qualified, then the Behavioral Technician position will help you get what you need (experience, work and money).
Give it a try. Don't take management serious or personal.
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 25, 2018
A typical work day at autism learning partners is good its not stressful at all. I think the hardest part about working there would be how things are managed there, i think there is a lot of favoritism and you have to watch your back all the time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
mangament
independentily
Behavior Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 24, 2018
A typical day at work consist of me going to my clients home and do my sessions. I'm working on my own with my client. the environment is really relaxed. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the result of my client.
Behavioral Technician
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2018
I was trained as a behavioral technician and I worked with children on the autism spectrum. I work at the center but also in the home setting as well.
Overall a good Company
Behavior Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 18, 2018
Just as every company does they have their problems, but still a great community and great work environment. Supervisors generally care and want to make sure that you are happy.
What you learned
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2018
Ever since the day I started working with the company they were always so welcoming and cheerful. Working with the kids is rewarding and a lot of fun. Great job!
Very Productive
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be prioritizing what needs to be done, making phone calls, checking in with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting claims paid.
Fast growth company with numerous career opportunities
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Geldnale, CAApril 9, 2018
Fast growing company in the midst of a national expansion with lots of upward mobility. Great support for advancement at the clinical level with good tuition programs and encouraging managers. With quick growth the Company needs added leadership and management strength at all levels - making this a great company for those looking for career opportunity.
Pros
Strong leadership, career opportunity, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Can be a little chaotic with the fast pace of growth
Not a good place to work
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 27, 2018
This company is a terrible place to work. They hire just about anyone who walks in off the street, so most of the people working with the clients have no idea what they are doing. The people that do have a clue are not even treated good, so they usually leave very quickly. There is a lack of communication from management. It is hard to advance there because management promotes their favorites regardless of if they are qualified or not for the position. The training there is a joke so you feel pretty inadequate when you are just thrown into the mix with clients that you know absolutely nothing about. The building where they do social groups is ridiculous. It doesn't look like anyone ever picks up because there is stuff everywhere making it look like no one takes pride in the appearance of the facility. Don't even get me started on the classrooms. The clients and staff are packed in like sardines. The group I was in could barely even fit in the room. There is no way that it's ethical to have that many people crammed into a tiny room. This all comes across to me as a company with their focus on funds and not on the quality of services provided. I wouldn't recommend a client to them or an employee. It's sad because they could do so much better, but they have their priorities all wrong.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication, poor training, no advancement
Rewarding Experience
Advanced Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Autism Learning Partners helped me grow in the field and provided opportunities that I wouldn't have had anywhere else. ALP works hard to make sure the people feel like a family in the work place where everyone is supported.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Learning Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight