Autism Learning Partners Employee Reviews

Values-driven culture!
BCBA (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2018
The senior management are very committed to making business decisions that are ethical and aligned with clinical best practice. There is a lot of innovation happening across departments right now - it's a great time to be part of the team.

There are lots of opportunities for career advancement and professional development: tuition reimbursement for BTs working toward the BCBA. CEUs and promotion opportunities for supervisors (senior supervisor, assistant clinical director). Growth across the US allows for frequent in-house promotions.
Fast-growing ABA Company with a lot to offer
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2018
I have been with ALP just shy of 3 years, and in that time I have seen it grow tremendously. And it continues to. We are always moving into new states and new locations trying to help provide therapy to individuals and families in need everywhere we can. That's been really cool to be a part of.

Along with the growth, there are times when it can get confusing on who to go to for what. However, the leadership team is smart, dynamic, and savvy, and good at helping direct traffic.

I'm excited to see where ALP is going!
Pros
Size, opportunity for growth, transparency, and support.
Cons
There are some structural issues due to the growth that need to be worked out
Great Place to Grow
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 15, 2018
Autism Learning Partners has been extremely helpful in setting me up with a clear career path. Since day 1, ALP has provided me with many resources and constant feedback. I can definitely see myself growing with ALP.
Pros
Good benefits, company cc, employee discounts, employee incentive program
Cons
None at the moment
HR (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 15, 2018
Passionate about providing quality service to clients.
Good work environment.
Lots of skilled and knowledgeable staff members to learn from.
Fast-paced so have to be good at time management
Could be fun depending on client and supervisor you have
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 5, 2018
At first I was getting paid the wrong amount that was in my contract. This took 3 weeks to fix until I got my money.

A supervisor did not check my therapy techniques for weeks until she did and I found out what I was doing was wrong. I changed it and my client did not agree with it. I'm only there now to block my client from doing bad things, not to give them adequate therapy.

New supervisor is more helpful. It just depends who your BCBA is.

The coworkers gossip a lot.
Pros
good pay, challenges you
Cons
2-3 hour shifts
Raleigh Autism Learning Partners
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2018
I was hired on to ALP and immediately regretted the decision. I would only suggest this to individuals who are looking for this as an in-between to get the certifications and then move on to a better company.

The company in general very obviously tried to milk it's employees for every penny they were worth. They reimburse you $4 a month for using your own iPad/iphone for taking notes during client sessions b/c you're using your own data instead of providing you with a company tablet. Also, you were only allowed to be reimbursed for the mileage you drove AFTER 20 miles in one trip, on the drive back you would start the 20 miles over again. So if the total round trip was 42 miles, you would be reimbursed for 2 of those miles. Not helpful.

The training overall I thought was helpful. I have a counseling background and thought the training was in depth for someone not from a counseling background. That would be the one plus.

The hours that were offered were always in the middle of the day/evening, they advertised that it would be a lot of day hours, but it was up to the clients to set the schedule so you are left with evenings and Saturdays.

At the time I was hoping to start the job quickly, but the company was extremely unorganized. I would get emails at 10:00 at night on a Friday that was obviously copied and pasted, asking me to get something sent back to them in 24 hours that required a doctor's visit/ records etc. They consistently would put the wrong name into the hiring emails they sent me, and put the wrong dates for when I was going to start. It was extremely
  more... unprofessional and frustrating when you're trying to start a new job and the only HR rep lives in New York and the other person working to hire you lives in California and does not work with the Raleigh office.  less
Pros
Free training for ABA therapy that you could transfer to a different company, CPR training.
Cons
No benefits, low wage, company had you use own iPad etc instead of providing you with tablet
Not enough training- terrible oversight
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2018
This was a horrible experience for me. The company was run backwards and didn’t have nearly enough supervisors. As a newly trained technician, I had to blindly meet the client without any help from the supervisor. We were supposed to “pair” with the child and develop rapport while waiting, sometimes three weeks for a supervisor to come in and give us instructions on what to do. The parent would look at me like I was supposed to be teaching skills to the child, but since I was basically just there to play until the supervisor came, the parents wondered if this was the extent of the therapy and would question my ability. Sometimes the clients were much too severe for me to help. At times they were even dangerous and it was frightening to have to handle a situation that I was not trained well enough to handle alone. When I’d call the supervisor wondering what to do, she’d be annoyed because she was under so much stress from her heavy caseload. As a result, I was hesitant to call. This left an inexperienced technician, who was often in way over her head, completely alone. The situation was dangerous for me and completely inadequate for the children who were supposed to have been helped.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Terrible oversight- little help from supervisor
Such an amazing job
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 15, 2018
Love working with this company, they are flexible with training. I have learned what it is to love a job. Because of this job I decided to change my major in College
Great Company
Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 13, 2018
It was a fun and casual environment, where you come in with jeans and work at your own pase. A lot of work and a friendly environment. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good Coffe
Cons
No overtime
It has its perks
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ventura CaOctober 13, 2018
Great pay they pay for mileage, they paid for team meetings. I recommend this job but only for people who have experience with ABA therapy. If you don’t have any, your just thrown in. At times I question myself if I was doing my job right. Supervision was only once a month. Which mean u met with ur supervisor once a month during a session I felt that wasn’t enough. They completely lack training there staff. My supervisor was great but she did have other cases to handle she was the only one for my region, that to much for one person. I love the job, they were supportive but they need to be more organize and train there staff more.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The training
Alp
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 12, 2018
Great staff. Training's were helpful. Trainer was very very helpful and always there when you needed something. People involved always wanted the best for their employees.
A nice place to work, but not very professional
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 6, 2018
I love the job, but the supervisors are not the best, and you are forced to bend to the will of parents most times instead of doing a specific job. Also you don't get much training you kind of just get thrown to the wolves. the schedule is also stressful because you are working unorthodox hours even though you don't work Manny
Rude Staff
APA (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2018
This company has some good factors and bad ones. The receptionist at the San Jose locations is beyond rude (ghetto) and makes you feel unwelcome. Your management staff will support you to a limit. When you are set up with trainers during your first week or two, you may end up with someone that supports you or not. The trainers would not communicate with you in a manner of respect. I feel that this company should look into the staff members within the company. The culture here displays favoritism and will not fully support you. Be careful with the arrangments you have prior before starting. They would like to change your availability on you and demand certain work shifts.
Eye Opener for the World of Behavioral Therapy
Behavioral therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 4, 2018
The concept of how to treat is there but follow through is rare. At times I felt like I was wasting everyone's time and the supervision was non-existent. It was good for he experience and knowledge of what not to do in your own practice.
Denver alp
RBT / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
This place has been a god send, since switching companies and experiencing burnt out BCBAs and owners who only see money.

The director is a hardworking female powerhouse. That is not overwhelming or intimidating but welcoming to all levels and passionate about quality service. Also is a real human being.

Not only that but they pay for travel and gas, education, certifications ....

They provide countless materials ... don’t have it no worries she will get it or show you an alternative on site.

The culture thus far is like a family and the energy is positive.

The staff all cares about the client and the team work.

I don’t know I’m having an amazing time here at ALP and I can see my self staying here for the long run!
Pros
Small company with corporate backing, the staff, the support
Cons
Like an Inhome service; getting your initial case load will take some time
It has its perks
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CA 93230September 17, 2018
This job is not for everyone. It is rewarding and amazing at times, but then there are those times when it is hard and takes so much out of you. One of the key elements to this job is having a great support system. Sadly, this is a hit or miss with management; some BT's do not have adequate supervision or support making their jobs all the more difficult.

This company does not operate with the best interest of their clients or employees. While they offer training, some of the overlaps are done with new hires that don't know what they are doing. For an ABA company, you'd think they would be able to have systems in place. However, management will push more cases on supervisors when we are already understaffed and no support is given to management.

The workplace culture is non-existent aside from their being clicks. If someone in management does not like you; they will blackball you from their cases. If you are in management and they don't like you they will treat you like an outcast until you quit or they get rid of you.

The hardest part of the job is the office politics and the most enjoyable part of the job are the kids.
Pros
The kids, families, and some of the employees
Cons
Lack of support, management, and hostile work environment
Stressful
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 13, 2018
Not enough training to properly accomplish job responsibilities, Highly stressful work environment with very poor communication from management team and other employees.
Very unorganized
Behavioral Intervention Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2018
Your schedule could be changed at the drop of a hat I went form 40 hours to 10 in two days because another person was hired. Often conflicting information was given I would receive an email asking me to work and then I would go to work but could not claim the time.
Pros
Cons
no steady hours, administration does not know what is going on.
A great company to work for
Medical Biller/Collections (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Autism Learning Partners it's a great company in general. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great benefits and paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Look Elsewhere
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
I worked here for almost 2 years, and it can be really stressful. You are responsible for make ups and cancellations, and even though it's not your fault, you will face the consequences if a family you work with is particularly fickle, and won't ever make up and is always cancelling, or if they're just non participatory during the session. They will work you insane hours, over 40 hours a week, without overtime, without making you full time, without benefits. Their policy is that because the hours fluctuate depending on the family, you cannot qualify until working those hours exactly for at least 6 months. So it's pretty much impossible to qualify for benefits as a BT. You will pretty much see no compensation from the drive time or distance, and although they say they will give you cases near you, you will end up having to drive over 20 miles to get where you need to go. You have to constantly check your email, respond to messages and calls, whether or not it is your day off, and there will be consequences if you do not respond immediately. The biggest problem with this, is I personally never felt like I could get out of my 'work mode,' on my days off, on vacation, still checking emails, still having to make calls. You'll have mandatory meetings at least once a month too which do sometimes fall on your non-workdays, they are compensated for, but at min wage.

The biggest bummer about all of this is that some of that families and kids you work with are so wonderful, and they are the ones most affected by the company's lack of care towards their employees, because you get high
  more... turnover rates, so their assigned BT and supervisor is bound to keep changing.

The company overall is just really disorganized and trying to squeeze as much as they can out of their employees for as little as possible.
Pros
The families and kids can be great!
Cons
Pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Learning Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight