Autism Spectrum Therapies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to Work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 18, 2018
I had alot of fun and learned the different ways to help families and the child through their day to day routines and activities

Everything was loaded on the Ipads, so that made life easier and less paper and folders to carry around
productive work place
Clinical Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
Autism Spectrum Therapies is a company with a great cause. Unfortunately the company's scheduling department lacks structure. They offer voluntary overtime but the position has so many expectations that the overtime is almost a requirement to reach deadlines.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No formal training
When I worked there, it was a great environment to be in.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 6, 2018
In the finance department, our CFO had incentives for his team when we would meet our financial goals. Because of this, our team felt valued for all our hard work. They have a different CFO now, so I am not sure how the work environment is now.
Pros
Candy in every office
Cons
not much room for advancement
Workplace that gives you purpose in life
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 2, 2018
The job is tough but seeing the improvement in clients makes you feel purposeful in life. Typically you go to a school and later a home to provide 1-on-1 ABA services.
Great career growth
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 27, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount and felt like I had grown professionally and personally for any situation. It is a grueling but soul rewarding job. It teaches you to stretch your limits and honor your boundaries. Relationships are key. Be of service to your families and be receptive to your supervisors.
the support is amazing, driving is rough
ABA therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2018
I love the endless suport from this job. It isnt for the faint of heart, I have worked with some kids that give me a run for my money, but at the end of the day I love working with them.
Pros
endless support
Cons
driving
Great and ethical company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2018
Really enjoyed my employment at the company and now regret leaving them. They Know what they're doing and you will learn from all their trainings and your colleagues. There room for advancement as they hire within. I highly recommend working and learning from there.
Pros
Good environment, great coworkers, ethical
Cons
Low pay at times for all the work they expect
Interesting Position
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Autism Spectrum Therapies. I had minor issues with direct manager. However, the rest of the staff was very helpful and encouraging.
Awesome Company and Supportive Staff
Board Certified Autism Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Supervisors at AST have taught me a lot about ABA. Working with kids can be tough but it is a rewarding job especially when families notice improvements on their kids. AST is a great place to work at except the job can be a bit isolating for interventionists.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, paid cancellation but depends
Cons
Work can be isolating
Lone worker
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2018
If you’re ok with working with little to no contact with other employees this company is the place for you. I enjoy working with my coworkers and picking their brains to help my clients on their programs. This company didn’t make me feel welcome. The work and the kids were amazing though!
No Room for Advancement
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 22, 2018
This is a difficult job with few rewards, especially if you work in a school setting. It is a glorified babysitting job when working at school. The pay is low, with inconsistent hours, and there is very limited opportunity to move up, unless you have your BCBA, and it is very difficult to get BCBA certification hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited room for advancement, limited career development, low wages
Inclusive
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2018
Great learning environment, i enjoyed my time there and the really care about the families the serve and the employees i would recommend this work place
review
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 13, 2018
AST is a great place to work. You get great support form supervisors and others in the company. There are many great qualities of this company. They are great with working with you schedule and encourage the pursuit of education.
Awesome Non Profit
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  CAJune 4, 2018
Amazing management, pay and vision the organization has for all of the employee's to be a part of. Definitely a great job if you want to get into this field.
Fun workplace
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2018
Great work environment to work at if you love kids and have patience for. Pay is great but lack hours so in the end not a high bi weekly pay. Everyone is sweet and very supportive.
Great place to work, awful hours.
Behavioral Health Interventionalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
I loved the people I got to work with at AST. They were caring and professional people dedicated to improving the lives of the children under our care. The only probably was the hours. It was not uncommon for me to work less than 20 hours a week when I was supposed to be full time. I had reached out multiple times to increase my workload but every time I would be given another client it ended up ending leaving me with about 20 hours of work for a week. This did not allow me to function very well in the Chicago area as I wasn't receiving enough to pay my rent.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
Hours are awful
fun place to work
Advanced behavior interventionist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 27, 2018
it's a fun place to work but it's a job where you have to really have to focus on yourself to exceed and move up. management was great to me. They were a very supportive staff.
Good job if you are looking for an Entry Level poistion
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 22, 2018
The job was a decent job if you were just starting out in the field. I felt like I was underpaid and not given enough cases. I think if I went in with a lower expectation than I may have felt differently.
Pros
You meet great people and help families struggling with their autistic child.
Cons
Yu are not gauranteed 40 hours a week.
Lack of supervison
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 8, 2018
As a Behavior Interventionist, there were many times where the BI would not get supervision for many weeks, When supervision arrived, there would be no help given for areas that needed help.
Amazing experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 2, 2018
I love working here. I really love that this agency allows me to make my own schedule which comes in handy because I am currently a full-time student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Spectrum Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight