Autism Spectrum Therapies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work, awful hours.
Behavioral Health Interventionalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
I loved the people I got to work with at AST. They were caring and professional people dedicated to improving the lives of the children under our care. The only probably was the hours. It was not uncommon for me to work less than 20 hours a week when I was supposed to be full time. I had reached out multiple times to increase my workload but every time I would be given another client it ended up ending leaving me with about 20 hours of work for a week. This did not allow me to function very well in the Chicago area as I wasn't receiving enough to pay my rent.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
Hours are awful
fun place to work
Advanced behavior interventionist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 27, 2018
it's a fun place to work but it's a job where you have to really have to focus on yourself to exceed and move up. management was great to me. They were a very supportive staff.
Good job if you are looking for an Entry Level poistion
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 22, 2018
The job was a decent job if you were just starting out in the field. I felt like I was underpaid and not given enough cases. I think if I went in with a lower expectation than I may have felt differently.
Pros
You meet great people and help families struggling with their autistic child.
Cons
Yu are not gauranteed 40 hours a week.
Lack of supervison
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 8, 2018
As a Behavior Interventionist, there were many times where the BI would not get supervision for many weeks, When supervision arrived, there would be no help given for areas that needed help.
Amazing experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 2, 2018
I love working here. I really love that this agency allows me to make my own schedule which comes in handy because I am currently a full-time student.
Busy days, good co-workers
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Being surrounded by co-workers that want to help kids with Autism is a definitely plus. Hours can get long, and the work can get hard too, but at the end of the day you are helping families.
Meangirl spirit
Supervising Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. Management is not supportive or honest. Non professional environment without efficient resources. Other companies provided better supervision.
Pros
Some people are helpful
Cons
Management is non supportive
N/a
Clinical scheduler (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CADecember 31, 2017
Start with retrieving messages, taking calls through out the day. Schedule appointments with families. Make calls to therapist to confirm locations, time of arrivals. Trouble shoot any cancellations that require mandatory coverage. The schedulers did work together and lend support during crisis situations. Hardest part, short staffed and trying to complete our work in a timely manner, within our 8 hr day. Schedulers were a great group of people to work with. The heart of the office and company.
Pros
made great friends, co workers were supportive
Cons
change of supervisors, management too often.
work with kids
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2017
Great job helping kids. Hardest part is working alongside parents. Partial compensation for cancelled sessions. Drive time between clients can be stressful. Healthcare is based on qualifying work hours over a six month period.
Pros
kids
Cons
healthcare
A team based practice with great support from management.
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 17, 2017
Every day is different as you get to work with clients on all ends of the Autism Spectrum. Every child has a program catered to meet their specific needs and deficits. The training I received when hired is second to none and the hands on practice and shadowing prior to having my own client was exactly what I needed to feel confident in my application of ABA.
Management is easy to talk to and flexible when possible. It truly does take a village for each of our clients and AST fosters that team mentality with support in and out in the field.
New challenges arise almost daily when working 1-1 with clients and those challenges are immediately addressed and documented. AST follows BACB and company policies to ensure the integrity of therapy and safety of clients and employees alike.
Pros
Great management, good support, fair pay.
Cons
benefits only for full time employees, takes time to get a full time caseload, hours of work maybe vary depending on client and employees availability.
Keeping Up With The Times
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CA and Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2017
There is constant learning and tons of support. Staff, management, and adjusting to the current times make this job enjoyable. Hardest part: variable hourly position.
Pros
Management; support; advancement; research opportunities; traveling
Cons
variable hourly position;
Flexible and Professional
Clinical Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 16, 2017
I found scheduling to be very flexible with continuing school. Taking time off, when asked for in advance, has never been a problem. I enjoy the professional and friendly atmosphere with my colleagues.
Pros
email based communication
AST is a company that you get out of it what you put in to it!
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CANovember 15, 2017
I really enjoy interacting with children, along with their families, AST Was for me! I did not completely understand ABA and that was okay!! As long as you enjoy working with families and their children. AST teaches you everything you need to know in training about ABA. All ladders of management within the company are accessible to you for any assistance you may need or questions you might have. A lot of different people to learn from within AST. This company is FUNN! This job is so rewarding to work with a team and to see the difference you make in these families and their kids lives. The team you get is your support system and additional help. You get to work in homes and in schools! You must be flexible and patient, very diverse. The most enjoyable part is playing with kids while working and seeing them learn and develop! AST rewards you and appreciates you for all the time and effort you put into this company. Even if it's not your permanent career it's a good learning environment!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, company events, fun, flexible
Cons
Schedule change, PTO used if sick
Love The Working Environment
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  2550 N Hollywood Way, Suite 102 Burbank, Ca 91505November 15, 2017
I been working with AST for 5 Months and i love it! Before AST i was working with ALP and i have to say that the Culture here with AST is so much different. Everyone is very mature no one gossips about anyone we all get along and everyone is into they're work. Friendly faces and good energy flowing around. I've never felt so comfortable at a job before.I feel like at AST i can be myself and everyone is so adaptive. In the 5 months I've learned so much and enjoy to work with everyone.
Amazing staff support
Lead Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2017
There is great support for all staff via supervisors, other staff members and clonical director. AST has a great team approach to help our clients succeed and learn.
Pros
Great benifits, paid drive time and mileage, great team
grateful
Client Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 15, 2017
My 2 year old son was recently recommended for speech . He currently receives speech and infant stim 4 days per week. My supervisor allows me to take later or earlier lunches in order to attend these appointments without using my PTO. It speaks volumes to me about how AST's upper management truly cares about the well being of their staff and their staff's families.
Pros
Dependent care Flex account which allows me to pay for my son's daycare with tax free dollars
Great Culture
Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
AST is a growing organization and has a strong culture focused around professional development and providing excellent clinical services to families. Lot's of opportunities to learn about ABA and help families.
Unfair treatment
Clinical Services Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
Would not recommend working for a company that doesn't value their employees. Please research what you are looking in a career before getting hired here as they do not care about your overall career goals.
Rewarding Job but not enough opportuinty for growth
Advanced Behavior Interverntionist (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 22, 2017
The job itself is great because of the fact that you get to improve the quality of life for others. However, you will often find yourself alone in the field and do not have the opportunity to associate with other employees. The pay is competitive with other agencies but in the summers and holiday periods there is little or no opportunity for work.
Autism Spectrum Therapies
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 20, 2017
I have been working at this company, Autism Spectrum Therapies, for the past six months. I do really love working and helping children with autism, however, the management is very poor and unwilling to assist the employees.
Pros
High hourly pay
Cons
Poor management, and long distance transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Spectrum Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight