Autism Spectrum Therapies Employee Reviews

Interesting Position
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Autism Spectrum Therapies. I had minor issues with direct manager. However, the rest of the staff was very helpful and encouraging.
Lone worker
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2018
If you’re ok with working with little to no contact with other employees this company is the place for you. I enjoy working with my coworkers and picking their brains to help my clients on their programs. This company didn’t make me feel welcome. The work and the kids were amazing though!
No Room for Advancement
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 22, 2018
This is a difficult job with few rewards, especially if you work in a school setting. It is a glorified babysitting job when working at school. The pay is low, with inconsistent hours, and there is very limited opportunity to move up, unless you have your BCBA, and it is very difficult to get BCBA certification hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited room for advancement, limited career development, low wages
Inclusive
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2018
Great learning environment, i enjoyed my time there and the really care about the families the serve and the employees i would recommend this work place
review
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 13, 2018
AST is a great place to work. You get great support form supervisors and others in the company. There are many great qualities of this company. They are great with working with you schedule and encourage the pursuit of education.
Awesome Non Profit
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  CAJune 4, 2018
Amazing management, pay and vision the organization has for all of the employee's to be a part of. Definitely a great job if you want to get into this field.
Fun workplace
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2018
Great work environment to work at if you love kids and have patience for. Pay is great but lack hours so in the end not a high bi weekly pay. Everyone is sweet and very supportive.
Great place to work, awful hours.
Behavioral Health Interventionalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
I loved the people I got to work with at AST. They were caring and professional people dedicated to improving the lives of the children under our care. The only probably was the hours. It was not uncommon for me to work less than 20 hours a week when I was supposed to be full time. I had reached out multiple times to increase my workload but every time I would be given another client it ended up ending leaving me with about 20 hours of work for a week. This did not allow me to function very well in the Chicago area as I wasn't receiving enough to pay my rent.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
Hours are awful
fun place to work
Advanced behavior interventionist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 27, 2018
it's a fun place to work but it's a job where you have to really have to focus on yourself to exceed and move up. management was great to me. They were a very supportive staff.
Good job if you are looking for an Entry Level poistion
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 22, 2018
The job was a decent job if you were just starting out in the field. I felt like I was underpaid and not given enough cases. I think if I went in with a lower expectation than I may have felt differently.
Pros
You meet great people and help families struggling with their autistic child.
Cons
Yu are not gauranteed 40 hours a week.
Lack of supervison
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 8, 2018
As a Behavior Interventionist, there were many times where the BI would not get supervision for many weeks, When supervision arrived, there would be no help given for areas that needed help.
Amazing experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 2, 2018
I love working here. I really love that this agency allows me to make my own schedule which comes in handy because I am currently a full-time student.
Busy days, good co-workers
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Being surrounded by co-workers that want to help kids with Autism is a definitely plus. Hours can get long, and the work can get hard too, but at the end of the day you are helping families.
Meangirl spirit
Supervising Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. Management is not supportive or honest. Non professional environment without efficient resources. Other companies provided better supervision.
Pros
Some people are helpful
Cons
Management is non supportive
N/a
Clinical scheduler (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CADecember 31, 2017
Start with retrieving messages, taking calls through out the day. Schedule appointments with families. Make calls to therapist to confirm locations, time of arrivals. Trouble shoot any cancellations that require mandatory coverage. The schedulers did work together and lend support during crisis situations. Hardest part, short staffed and trying to complete our work in a timely manner, within our 8 hr day. Schedulers were a great group of people to work with. The heart of the office and company.
Pros
made great friends, co workers were supportive
Cons
change of supervisors, management too often.
work with kids
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2017
Great job helping kids. Hardest part is working alongside parents. Partial compensation for cancelled sessions. Drive time between clients can be stressful. Healthcare is based on qualifying work hours over a six month period.
Pros
kids
Cons
healthcare
Get to work with kids
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2017
The hardest part about the job is learning how to work alongside parents. There are cancellations that employees are not compensated for at the same rate of pay. The best part of the job is the kids.
Pros
Kids
Cons
healthcare
A team based practice with great support from management.
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 17, 2017
Every day is different as you get to work with clients on all ends of the Autism Spectrum. Every child has a program catered to meet their specific needs and deficits. The training I received when hired is second to none and the hands on practice and shadowing prior to having my own client was exactly what I needed to feel confident in my application of ABA.
Management is easy to talk to and flexible when possible. It truly does take a village for each of our clients and AST fosters that team mentality with support in and out in the field.
New challenges arise almost daily when working 1-1 with clients and those challenges are immediately addressed and documented. AST follows BACB and company policies to ensure the integrity of therapy and safety of clients and employees alike.
Pros
Great management, good support, fair pay.
Cons
benefits only for full time employees, takes time to get a full time caseload, hours of work maybe vary depending on client and employees availability.
Keeping Up With The Times
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CA and Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2017
There is constant learning and tons of support. Staff, management, and adjusting to the current times make this job enjoyable. Hardest part: variable hourly position.
Pros
Management; support; advancement; research opportunities; traveling
Cons
variable hourly position;
Flexible and Professional
Clinical Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 16, 2017
I found scheduling to be very flexible with continuing school. Taking time off, when asked for in advance, has never been a problem. I enjoy the professional and friendly atmosphere with my colleagues.
Pros
email based communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Spectrum Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight