Autism Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They'll hire anyone
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
They have to hire anyone who applies because of how little they pay. You'll be beaten up daily and paid nothing for it. when you get sent to the hospital for the third time you'll be replaced with the next low wage earner. Good luck!
Fulfilling but Stressful
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2018
The clients and families are wonderful. Coworkers seem to have a strong bond. Management is usually disorganized and out of touch with their employees. There is a lack of communication that trickles throughout the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rapport between staff
Cons
No paid sick leave, lack of communication
atc
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Very poor place to work. Very physically aggressive clients and you have little to zero help to back yourself up. You will get hurt. Upper management does things intentionally to set off the clients to gather more behavior data which increases state funding. Medical care of the residents is slim to none.
Pros
Hours
General
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2018
In the beginning it was a much more relaxed environment, until new staff joined the team especially new BCBAs and BCaBAs who were not as involved in cases they were over seeing, making the environment feel more and more toxic. Specific employees enjoyed creating drama and gossiping about other staff members (all female). The main BCBA would go off of hearsay from the new BCBA that played favoritism with different staff members. Lack of true supervision though hours were provided. Great benefits however and overtime is allowed. Big plus.
fun never and a dull moment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2018
very organized and on top of planning the day , this is a great place to start a teacher career and get experience that you will need in a school district .
Pros
could be better
Cons
I have experience in austic kids
Horrific and unsafe working conditions
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2017
I was repeatedly sent to the emergency clinic as a result of on-the-job injuries due to poor safety protocols. On top of this I was not compensated for this once. I also had a very large amount of money that was stolen from me that my bosses would not help me recover. Overall, this was my worst work experience that I have ever had and strongly recommend against working here
enjoyable job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2017
shifts are long, clients are great, staff is wonderful. took clients on lots of outings the homes are close to the office and day hab. great place to work
n/a
T/A (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2017
Management did not handle scheduling well.
There was conflict between the employees and the rotating supervisors. Most employees were not motivated to follow the rules of the job.
Cons
no lunch breaks
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2017
Working for the ATC was a extremely rewarding place to work! I was able to influence the quality of life for so many individuals. Everyday was a new enlightening experience.
Pros
Influencing the quality of life for those with Autism.
Cons
Loving the kids is the only reason to stay
Teacher/Personal Care (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2017
I worked here for over a year. I saw MANY flaws in the way things were managed and run. I agree they don't really want to help these folks get behaviors managed because then there would be no funding. The hours in the houses are long and the pay is terrible. Plus when I was there you are required to work EVERY holiday and favorite employees would get off early.
But those kids, crazy as it can be, if your heart is for them this job will change your life for the better. The behaviors were often extreme, but there were so many precious moments. I often miss those little faces.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, free food, making a difference, co-workers are family
Cons
work all holidays, little pay, favoritism from management, severe behaviors
Prosiant and demainding
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
dealing with behaviors would be a typical day at work and working with my co-work has shown me it take teamwork, dinner is the most enjoyable thet love to eat good food and there very happy.
Pros
having dinner like I have with my family
Cons
having to sleep on a couch.
Amazing kiddos
ABA Therapist/Parent Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2015
ATC is a great places to watch kiddos shine. It is the most rewarding experience to watch the child you provide therapy to improve in age appropriate functional skills.

ATC as a company could definitely provide more benefits for their employees and update their policy and procedures.
productive fun
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
This was a really nice salon. It was always busy but we made sure it was a positive enviroment.This job most definetly helped me with my time managment skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long nights
Great learning environment
Teacher's Assistant/sub. residential dept (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2014
The clients are awesome. I loved working with all of them, adults and children. I had great amazing co-workers here.
Not the best place
❸ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
I lasted a full year because I didn't want to leave the house I was working in. I loved working with autistic children and adults, but the company just doesn't appreciate their employees. When a house manager is making minimum wage, there is an issue. The children's homes hired staff one day and they turned around a quit the next day. Expectations were not obtainable, and forget taking a shift off, you were required to find someone to cover for you, but there wasn't even enough staff to cover regular shifts as it was. It was very hard trying to handle my family at home and going into work. My shift was from Friday night until Monday morning. I think it would be better for someone who does not have children at home.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Management does not exist
Long lasting relationships developed
House Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2014
I have become more Humble with this job being I deal with many different attitudes & behaviors with staff and consumers. The majority of my co-workers are team players and enjoyable to work with and YES you do have those few that are not team players and are difficult to work with. The hardest part of this job is when the consumers are aggressive with you. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the clients and getting to know them and them you and seeing them make progress in their independence daily.
A typical day consist of me transporting them from the work shop to home. Once we are home I give them there 5pm meds and then each client start doing their daily chores. The have down time while I prepare dinner and after dinner they engage in their exercise program and then proceed to take showers and get ready for bed. I give night meds at 9pm and then prepare them a snack then off to bed. I then finish up my paperwork of Med-re orders, daily behavior notes and treatment plans.
Pros
developing lasting relationships
Cons
not good pay
money driven "non-profit" based on need, not progress
teacher (Former Employee) –  san antonioMay 1, 2013
need based "non-profits" tend to perpetuate need in various ways, all bad for the "learners."

the children are prevented from acquiring more than basic social skills because if they are too successful, then funding could be in jeopardy. so, the system has to change. i would like to talk with anyone who says that these things are not happening.

Biggub2000 at yahoo
Pros
the children are wonderful
Cons
the center perpetuates need for funding purposes
Not a bad job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2013
The only problem with this company is their are a lot of wheel chair participants which requires a lot of toileting.
Pros
yes on lunch breaks
An awesome company with a great mission.
Program Teaching Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2013
The SonRise program is a beautifully accepting and embracing program. On a daily bases I engaged in play-therapy with the autistic children in the program. Implementing and planning daily activities based on the children’s’ interests while keeping an extremely high level of energy to keep the kids interested.

The most difficult part of the job had to be maintaing that extremely high level of energy during play-therapy, however it wasn't too difficult at the same time so long as I kept those moments of breakthroughs in mind.

The most enjoyable part of the job was hands down the moments of breakthrough with the kids. It just made everything worth it.
stay away!!
personal care attendant (Former Employee) –  san antonio txMarch 12, 2013
Can't speak for it's Dallas edition. But the San Antonio sector is a horrible place to work. Too many chiefs and no indians! The administration doesn't communicate adequately to it's subordinates. The consumers or learners aren't learning anything and never will that flawed structure. Pay is horrible for what is being asked of you.
Pros
as much overtime as you want
Cons
everything!