Auto-Chlor System Employee Reviews

a good company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2019
the manager is a great person. the people are fun to work with. the owner is great to everyone. you really have to like that type of work or you wont last there.
Pros
the manager
Cons
pay
Bad Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYAugust 23, 2019
Very Bad culture management is not concerned about their employees and turnover is extremely high at all levels, in my short time there they replaced the branch manager and regional vice president not to mention the amount of drivers that are coming and going. This is not a good place to work.
Worst Place to Ever Work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mt. View, CAAugust 9, 2019
Technology is from the '80s.
Management can care less about People First.
Overworked underpaid
A very unfriendly place to go to daily.

Worst place I ever worked.
Great
Route Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 3, 2019
The management team in work under is amazing, the guys in my shop are like family. The Eastmans really do care about their route drivers. Overall a great company.
Family owned and operated company with a great culture.
Outside Sales Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2019
Auto-Chlor helped to develop and train me to obtain the knowledge and skills I have today. .The benefits are great and the company culture is amazing. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Chaos and comedy
ssr (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJuly 24, 2019
As far as the actual job itself is not very hard, but the amount of other things that go with it does not make this company a good place to work...The company pays you slighty over minimum wage. The benefits are extremely exspensive, and are pretty much the same price if you went out on your own and paid for the policy on your own...$400.00 a month with 50 dollar copays. There is 0 organization..And be prepared to get ridaculed for doing what you were asked...The branch has been short handed for years so your required to pick up the slack...Going above and beyond the scope of your job is required but no compisated and the managment is pathetic...ive witnessed the managers throw there own supervisor under the bus even tho they were requiring him to other job functions and insteaded of explaining to upper managment that it wasnt his fault they just went along with it. the managers at my local areas have single handedly destroyed the local branches... in the process of looking for a new job...i have been working here for 8 years and have not recieved one single raise the whole time. dont waiste your time this is not a company thats cares about there employees.
Great place
Route Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2019
Loved working here, had to leave due to on call hours. Just the situation in my region, not company wide. Training is excellent after you’ve proved you’ll stick around
Pros
Pay, management
So-so
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 11, 2019
I was given opportunities but here’s the issue. Incompetent leadership on top. They do not listen to those who do actual work. They pay route people “merit” increases through raising cost of already expensive product. The customer pays for SSR’s yearly increase. If you want to get paid more, “work harder.” Branch manager is awesome guy, fair and friendly, but is either clueless to the needs of his customers and/or is unable or afraid to stand up and do right thing. They care more about profit then taking care of their own, and that is noticed by relationships I’ve built with our customers. Take care and do the right thing, or you’ll lose your core group and scramble for leftovers. Benefits too expensive for a family as well.
If only the Branch Managers would actually care and were hands on!
Route Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJune 25, 2019
As a company overall I am sure that auto Chlor is a great company to grow with. The branch in which I was employed , the management was EXTREMELY poor, lacks morale
Pros
Profit sharing, Great Health Benefits, Employee Savings Accounts
Cons
Poor Management, Poor training, Poor Attitudes
Had to move on
Service Sales Rep & Equipment Rebuilder installer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2019
Worked with autochlor for six years been through four branch managers and took on more and more responsibility as the needs of the business changed.
I started as a SSR (sales service representative) transitioned to an equipment rebuilder and installer. I've ran their warehouse ordered parts, chemicals, scheduled installations, trained new staff and even managers. I've put in for promotion four times at 3 different branches each time I've gotten some cheap excuse that was an obvious joke. So fine, I let my management know if you want me to stay in this position fine I don't have a problem with that but you will pay me for all the extra work i do thats not include in my job descriptions.
The handling of that is what made me realize how management really see the employees.
My advice to anyone looking to work their do your job and nothing else. Don't volunteer for when they need a man to cover for them. Don't stay late ie, get back to the shop by 430pm latest. Make your money get some experience and move on the greener pastures.

Don't get me wrong I have no hard feelings business is business and sometimes relationships end. It was time for this relationship to end.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Long hours no work life balance
Not Legit
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2019
For 50k - 60k realistic annual earnings, there are many other better companies that will train and develop you. They are a nationwide company but are stretched thin for employees for sales and management and they have no real training. Lots of unethical sales tactics to make a very low income compared to other Outside Sales jobs. It is experience for your resume though may help you get another job later.
Pros
company car, gas card, phone
Cons
work life balance, training doesn't exist, structure doesn't exist, management isn't legit, upper management corrupt.
It was okay
Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2019
but not fantastic. Long hours and high stress but decent support. the pay could be better but if you have a decent route it makes up for it. plenty of training
Pros
helpful supervisors, correct tools
Cons
long hours, on call work, dirty conditions
Not a bad place but wont make much money
Route and Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2019
Not a bad place to work at, pretty simple stuff to learn. Its almost 100% commission checks are not consistent. You are mostly on your own. Most guys drive with out a CDL. Supervisors are always playing catch up. They do provide a phone. They do provide over the phone assistance when needed.
Pros
Down time if you do your work
Cons
Pay is not consistent
Not the best culture
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2019
It's a fast easy going work day at Auto Chlor. Lots of people have retired from the company. Not very much room for advancement, and the culture isn't all that great.
Terrible branch
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 13, 2019
First and foremost the job itself is amazing, the management is terrible the branch has been short staffed for months and regardless of how many interviews are done nobody's hired. Ther regional manager was hired from outside the company and has no clue on whats going on or how to run things and the branch manager is slower than slow together they make such a s h i t show its amazing the branch is still operational...
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Pay, sales expectations, management, everything else at autochlor.
Good coffee
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMay 12, 2019
Lot of work all the times never stops. Good pay especially if I have a good route. Health benefits are good too, just make sure you do your job right never have problems.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Work your life offer
Work environment is good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMay 12, 2019
It's a good company lots of work anytime of the day.
Pros
Good health benefits
Poorly managed
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2019
Locally poorly managed. Lacked employee moral. Need to promote working as a team and performing ethically. Outside of the local branch, Auto Chlor is awesome. The corporate office and the higher up management really do care about their employees.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k, lots of benefits
Cons
Local management
Do not waste your time
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYApril 20, 2019
Horrible place to work for no management no support no training Such a big turn around And when you speak up and ask for help they turn around and fire you for no reason Corporate office is base in California and they have no clue how any of the branches are doing. Regional MGR are all a joke they put anyone in the Branch Manager position basically if you have pulse they will give you the job
Pros
Work alone 80%
It's ok to work there but they didn't let advance
Chemical Mixer & Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2019
It was time to move on to something better didn't allow me to grow and Excel I was looking to move up and was putting forward the work ethic to do so.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto-Chlor System. Our community is ready to answer.