Auto-Wares Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No raises, a lot of static with repair shop staff.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Volo, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Pros - interacting with other drivers, driving if you are a professional driver. Cons- no raises, no advancement possibilities, management keeps you right where they need you. Collusion amongst counter people. If you want to work for $8.75 - $9.00 hr go for it. I resigned after waiting 2 1/2 months for my .35 cent a hour 6 month anniversary raise.
Not as advertised
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIDecember 28, 2017
I worked at the same location for over 16 years. When A-wares took over, things began to go down hill fast and steady. There were a lot of promises made that were never upheld, so much employee and management turnover, and a lot of "its not my job" attitude throughout. Many of the issues all come back to a fair wage for those who do their job. They would hire as cheap as possible, expect way more than the job pays, and expect everyone to just deal with it. And even now, I see they are still trying to fill my old position for basically next to nothing in wages.
Pros
The only "pro's", a very few and select employees that actually know their job.
Cons
Management, wages, having to deal with way more than the job description, and a complete lack of leadership throughout the company.
Not a good company
Counter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIDecember 19, 2017
Decent pay if you're a kid with no family to provide for. Benefits are only for full-time employees, which they don't hire enough off- leaving stores short handed and employees over worked while underpayed. Autowares makes it's money at the warehouse level by taking advantage of both employees and customers alike. Nothing but con artist and cut throat sharks here. Disgusted. Wish I hadn't wasted the last 5 years working for this disgraceful company. Will not have anything more to do with this company- wouldn't even buy a fuse from them.
Pros
I got nothing.
Cons
5 years ive wasted! I'm making $13/hr.. biweekly!!
Decent job but not a career
Driver/ counter sales (Current Employee) –  Mid MichiganNovember 8, 2017
Nice place to work most of the time. However, management sucks and the district managers are worse. There is no moving up with this company unless you know someone very high up. Pay is a joke, not even enough to support a family.
Pros
Can have fun co-workers
Cons
Bad pay, upper management, non flexible hours, lack of notice for scheduling, no advancement
Coldwater Warehouse DONT WORK HERE
Parts Puller (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIOctober 1, 2017
All management needs changed if this warehouse wants to get anywhere. And the roof needs replaced. Winter time it leaks all over product everywhere and we had to put totes all around to catch the drips. Rediculous. Cant do your job efficiently with totes in your way everywhere u go. Management is BAD. Pay is terrible for working non stop all day. Bonus system is a joke. Dont apply!
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, management, hours, needs roof
Productive and easy going work place with small perks.
Return Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work included coming in and finding a skid of totes to rummage through. One tote at a time, I would scan the barcodes on each part inside the totes and move them to the appropriate location. I learned to inspect auto parts and look for anything that wasn't considered salable condition. I learned about all different types of vendors such as A1 Auto Parts, Genco, and Moog, etc. the workplace ran smoothly and the management was well organized. The worst part about working at Auto Wares Inc. was dealing with customers who wouldn't send back their parts properly. The most enjoyable part of working at Auto Wares Inc. was the simple 7am-3pm hours Monday through Friday.
Pros
Employee discount at all Auto Wares Stores
very stabil job and opprotunities for advancement
Counter Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, MIMay 23, 2017
no matter what I have always been able to lean on my employer for stability and understanding. if there is an emergency or one of my children are sick my manager jesse has always been very understanding. I have been with autowares for almost 4 years, I am constantly being challenged and learning new things daily. I have advanced from just a delivery driver to a counter professional with timely raises and even more opprotunities for advancement. I will probably be with this company for many more years to come.
Pros
consistency in hours and pay raises, advancement and education
Cons
part time employment does not offer benifits
poor co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 14, 2017
Poor place to work. Treat you unfairly and discriminate against you and talk behind your back. Cheat you out of your short term disability by coming in the day you are going on sick leave. New manager comes in calls the 1-800- ratline and accuses you of taking parts that do even belong to a vehicle you own. Then loss prevention comes in and forces you to resign or be prosecuted even when you tell them you didn't take the parts. Your word against theirs.
Cons
Delivering parts for a great and positive company
Parts Driver (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIApril 28, 2017
Delivering auto parts to businesses is sometimes hectic, but, also, fun! Listening to music while driving around is great. I enjoy trying to bring the product as quick as possible to help the customer get their vehicle done and running. Great people to work with, very helpful and patient teaching the "ropes". I love being as helpful to the customer as I can. We are the representative of the company, so whatever we can do to help is best for all of us.
Probably the hardest part is making sure parts being delivered matches the parts number on the invoices. Also, learning where each business likes their parts placed in the building. (But just asking gets you to know the people better!)
Company is very willing to let each person either grow and move into different jobs or gladly work as little as you want just delivering parts 2 or 3 days a week.
Pros
In a car or truck by yourself, listening to music, enjoying the outdoors!
Cons
Bad weather can make driving kind of crazy.
went from enjoyable place to work to the pits
Counter Salesperson (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 24, 2017
Pay is very low for what you have to do. Manager seem to think he is not suppose to help out and has no idea what drivers are doing. Never know if you will have help in store or not. Seem like the only way to get advanced is if you know someone higher up that can give you a higher position.
Pros
Cons
not a fun and enjoyable place to work, not family friendly
busy and the days go fast
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INApril 20, 2017
I like my.co workers the pay could be better. I enjoy delivering and meeting the new people. I have made several new friends. Loving the discounts. At this particular store I believe management could step up their game and not pass the buck to other employees overall a fun, busy, enjoyable workplace
Pros
discounts, meeting people
Cons
pay, management slacking
A family company that advocates for training and promotion from within.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 19, 2017
A good relatively low stress work environment with job security and a family mentality where management cares about the advancement of its employees through career path training and promotes from within. Great place to start a career in the automotive industry.
Very Good Enviorment, Decent Pay, and Great WorkManship
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MI // Bangor, MIApril 19, 2017
I feel Auto wares is a well balanced place. It has its pros and cons but in all fairness any job does. I would recommend Auto Wares to anyone, Decent Pay, Better Environment than any jobs ive had.

Thank You For the privilege.
Pros
Enviorment, Non stressful, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Pay Increases, Doing More jobs than required for one person at specific wage
Not a bad workplace by any means, pretty enjoyable couple years.
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIApril 17, 2017
My experience at Auto-Wares has been a good learning experience. Some of the management could've used some work, but other then that if there was ever a problem or something that came up they tried their best to assist and help with any given situation.
Pros
Decent hours, healthcare, benefits
Cons
Poor stocking, some management
Overall great place to work!
Counter Person/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 11, 2017
I have learned a lot while working for Auto-wares. Customer are for the most part pleasant people, and it has been a great pleasure to know most of them.
Pros
Paid Every two weeks
Cons
no full benefits
Overall great place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 11, 2017
Overall a great place to work! Good career opportunities to advance up in the company. As Auto-wares grows it keeps its family oriented values. Pay is average for the amount of work needed to complete everyday tasks.
Productive friendly environment.
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 7, 2017
Working at Auto Value has been a great experience. I've been here for a few years now and it's been nothing but great. There are plenty of opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers that are also very helpful.
Good career advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIApril 6, 2017
Good career opportunities to advance up in the company. Great company that is growing in size but still gives you that "small company" feeling. Good opportunity to work with great people.
Pros
advancement opportunities in a growing company
Cons
higher then average healthcare costs
counter person
Parts Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Gwinn, MIApril 5, 2017
currently a parts counter sales, I do enjoy the day to day and helping customers in completing there jobs. the hours are good the benefits are ok the could be better. the only con I really have about the company is the coverage on busy days it can make for stressful times but over all it is a good company
Pros
discounts are awesome
Cons
the coverage in the store level
Working at Auto-wares
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gwinn, MIApril 5, 2017
I really enjoy working for auto-wares as a delivery driver. The social interaction with the customer is great. The only aspect of this position that I do not like is the pay rate. For what a driver does and the amount of support of the sales they provide with constant contact with they guest, they should be given a bit more pay.
Pros
discounts are awesome
Cons
lower pay schedule