Auto Club Group Employee Reviews

Poor pay; no advancement opportunities
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 17, 2019
Don't be fooled by the recognizable brand name. The salaries are far below industry norms. Absolutely no work/life balance. We have the capability to all work from home, yet only management is allowed to do so. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Horrible pay
March 22, 2019

Thank you for providing your review. We strive to offer competitive compensation that is in line with similar organizations. We appreciate your honesty and would also appreciate hearing more about any recommendations you have to improve our work/life balance policy and advancement opportunities. You can send these recommendations to HRfeedback@aaamichigan.com.

Productive workplace environment.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 13, 2019
The high level management team does not allow room for error. I came in as was given 3 positions, with okay pay. I was not allowed to make mistakes as a newbie. I think the management team should re-evaluate how they determine if someone is a good fit. Everyone will make a mistake. In my case, a minimal mistake that I acknowledged and resolved within 10 minutes, cost me my position.
Pros
Great Location, Great Work Place, Decent Pay
Cons
Giving too much authority to one person that has un-reasonable expectations, without other considerations.
March 22, 2019

We always appreciate receiving honest and transparent feedback. We thank you for your contributions you made to ACG during your time here, especially with multiple positions during your tenure. If you would like to provide further feedback, please reach out to HRfeedback@aaamichigan.com. Thank you again for providing your insights and we wish you the best of luck for your future.

Dependent on the club could be a good career
Annuity and Life Specialist, Property and Casualty (Former Employee) –  Socal and FloridaMarch 13, 2019
Each club is different. It is a good place to start your career and you offers many opportunities. Dependent on your manager your work life culture can vary.
I wouldn’t recommend.
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2019
The culture from day one, was horrible. Everyone is older, overweight and set in their ways. Extremely clicky. If you’re not in, they will ignore you and talk behind your back any chance they get. Maybe 3-4 people actually take status calls, all the other adjusters instead of handling the call, tell customers their rep will call them back or transfer them to your voicemail which increases the call volume. Absolutely NO team work. Management does NOTHING to enforce it. The systems are ancient. You have to click 3 different buttons to update information then 3 more buttons to confirm you want to update it. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Culture, lack of team work, lack of management
Great company with a great culture
Policy Management Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 6, 2019
Offers ability to develop your career. Company has a good culture and is mission oriented. I enjoyed worked with the club and highly recommend them to anyone!
Pros
Work events
Cons
Wish I would have stayed long enough for the remote working possiblity.
It is a stressful place not much for discounts of bonus
Senior Cashier/Luggage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 4, 2019
Very fun place to work and great team of coworkers they were likw second family and we treated everyone that walked in like a guest in our home and like family very pleasant enviroment and learned so much .
Pros
bonus
March 22, 2019

It is great to hear you are enjoying our family-like culture here at ACG! From the top down, the key to our company is our commitment to not only our customers but to our employees. Because taking care of our employees is one of our core values, we strive to create a culture that allows employees to feel valued and respected. We appreciate hearing from you as a former employee and wish you the best of luck.

Great company
Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Great benefits the company really care about its employees. They believe in family first and try and support any changes happening to your family or a loved one.
Pros
great place
Cons
poor communication between managers
March 4, 2019

It is great to hear you enjoyed your time at ACG! We recognize that family is very important and fully support employees with their work/life balance. Regarding communication, we understand that this is an area that could use improvement. It can be difficult to have consistent communication across the company, and we are working to improve this. If you have any recommendations please reach out to HRfeedback@aaamichigan.com. Thank you for your review and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Great brand. Poor leadership.
Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Unfortunately current leadership does not live up to the brand. No direction. Competing agendas. Not only do the employees suffer for all of the internal struggles, so do the members. Not a very ethical place to work.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Hostile work environment. Goals change day to day.
March 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We appreciate hearing your transparency regarding leadership. It is always a priority to provide an ethical work environment where employees feel safe and comfortable. Every employee is required to complete annual Civil Treatment and Code of Conduct training but it doesn’t stop there. If you are aware of unethical behavior, please contact HRfeedback@aaamichigan.com.

Nice place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2019
The people I work with are very enjoyable to work with. I enjoy the challenges of learning new things about my job and developing new skills within various software programs.
Pros
discounted cafeateria meals
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It is great to hear that you are taking advantage of the fast-paced environment and tackling every challenge that comes your way. We are excited to see you continue to develop your skills and grow your career with us at ACG!

Fast pace, room for advancement, great management.
Customer Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Had to be able to move fast, with technicians, customers, and eta. Had to deal with irate and irritable customers, talk to all kinds of people...……...
Pros
Incentives and ackknowledgement, and apppreciation for hard work
Cons
Can be a little stressful at times
February 26, 2019

We appreciate hearing your perspective as a former employee. From the top down, the key to our company is our commitment to not only our customers but to our employees. We are happy to hear that you received appropriate incentives and acknowledgment from management for your hard work. We strive to ensure that our employees recognize how grateful we are and how much we value their contributions. Thank you for providing your review.

AAA was good company to work for.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 12, 2019
My day consisted of dealing with new and existing clients.

I made a lot of out bound calls to increase my customer base this is was always a challenge.

Management could be very demanding at times.

I had a very friendly workplace culture.
Pros
Very generous with paid time off
Cons
Micromangers
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate hearing about your experience as an Insurance Sales Agent and are grateful for all the new clients you obtained, as well as, the ones you worked hard to maintain. ACG is often viewed as primarily a roadside assistance company and people often forget that we also offer insurance, travel, and banking services. Thank you again for your review and your contributions to ACG.

Branch Office Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I had a great managers that's why I liked working for the club!!!!!!!!!!Nothing else needs to be said about this place.
Sometimes the competitive nature of the job was frustrate however it is Sales.
February 26, 2019

It is always great hearing from former employees about their experience at ACG. We are thrilled you had such a great experience with management and wish you all the best for your future.

Productive and fast paced work environment
Claim Representative (MI/KY Licensed) (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2019
A typical day would entail mostly problem solving and educating the membership on Michigan's No-Fault Law. The length of your day is typically dictated by your own progress.
February 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing what a typical day looks like for a Claim Representative. We appreciate your insights into our fast-paced environment. Claim Representatives are an integral part of our company and we recognize how important it is to make sure our members feel well educated and taken care of.

Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 23, 2018
Great team environment. I would recommend friends or family to work here. There is room for advancement but takes time. If you are patient and looking to stay for the long haul this is the place to go.
unorganized, unappreciative, stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 20, 2018
Branch agents are the worst yet somehow get more paid days off, we have to work saturdays they don't, trying to get out of the call center is impossible. if you do advance its just to another departments call center, management only cares about management and will but you on the middle of interoffice disputes, they constantly waste paper, computers are garbage, they pressure you to sell unrealistic goals, they try to make it a "fun" atmosphere but don't attempt to change any of your Actual greivances. they also made it seem as though you were only servicing policies but once you're on the floor they become all about high pressured sales.
Pros
free lunch is often provided, amenities are nice
Cons
micro managed, sales, shady practices
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We appreciate your honesty and strive to provide a comfortable and transparent environment for all employees. If you have any recommendations on how we can improve our practices to ensure every employee feels appreciated and listened to, please reach out to @HRFeedback@aaamichigan.com. Thanks again for your review.

Long hours, stressful work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2018
Working for AAA, roadside assistance, though the work week is short due to the amount of hours worked (12+ hours a day) home/work life balance is extremely lacking. Supervisors are readily available to assist.
Pros
Communication, structure, full benefits
Cons
Home/work life
Productive, Exciting place to work
Auto Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 10, 2018
I Loved AAA, Met many walks of life, enjoyed the diversity, loved heling people, many years of perfection, and experience, more like family. Fast paced, high volume call center, and travel agency.
Pros
Diversity, time goes by fast, very busy
Cons
Shifts change and you have Bids every 2 years
Quick paced environment
Travel Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2018
Working at the Auto Club as a travel agent was a great experience. A typical day at work would be checking tasks and updated all tasks needed. Checking email and sending emails. Check appointments for the day. Check payments that are due for the day. Check on active and expired quotes and follow up. Check clients in online for cruise documents. Check clients flights and enter in all information needed. Assist customers walking in for travel. Check fax machine, emails, and messages if any follow-up information needed from travel vendors. My day was always busy and there is always something to do.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, and clients.
Cons
pay, hours, and pressure/stress.
Worked alongside good people
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2018
Good company to work for. Supervisor was nice. Benefits are good. Like the people I worked with. Wouldn’t have left this job if I didn’t have to. All around good job
February 26, 2019

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed our culture, management, and all the benefits ACG had to offer! Your contributions as a Tow Truck Driver helped ACG service more than 5 million AAA Roadside Assistance requests annually, and for that, we cannot thank you enough! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Fun Place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 27, 2018
Typical day at AAA involved working with AAA members to sell them possible insurance products. It was a great atmosphere with some amazing agents that I am still friends with a fantastic manager who you could turn to for anything. I woke up daily looking forward to walking into the agency. There were some issues with one long term agent who could be harsh and rude and liked to cause drama; however, easy to get past that. The other departments at the branch are filled with great people. I loved working with this company and if they had offered a home position I would still be there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.