Auto Club Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Think twice before accepting a job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 21, 2018
Management does not have your back. They will lie to your face. Managers tend to look for something wrong rather than trying to find the good in something you do. Upper management releases plans but then fails to tell all the departments involved what those plans are. Goals for individuals are so unattainable that a work plan is inevitable. The stress level is unbelievable. On the upside, benefits are good and the pay is solid if you are willing to give up your life in order to work to obtain the goals you are given.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, unobtainable goals.
Sliding down a path to irrelevance...
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 5, 2018
When I started at AAA everyone would speak about how great the company was and the many advancement opportunities it offered. But over my short ten months there I learned that was all in the past and there was a new direction a new "Vision" in mind. What they are doing now is determining how much they can take from the employees while adding more work requirements/quotas before they quit. Pushing sales on the membership base through csr's while having reduced bonuses, commissions and benefits in the last two years. Over 60% of the employees in my department quit in the last two years which is why they are hiring right now. People are barely hanging on all the time and write-ups come like clockwork. I tried to make it to the "advancement" opportunities part of the job but... It wasn't meant to be sometimes its better to save your roots for better soil. I say choose wisely before you start investing your time..
Pros
no sundays, convertible desk which allow standing, pto
Cons
Micro management, poor commissions, outdated policies, little flexibilty
Aaa
Executive Assistant/ Office Manager/ Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2018
Decent pay and benefits. Need help getting up to date on computer software and hardware. More consistency throughout the other branches and Car Care.
CA - Emergency Roadside Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2018
I worked part-time as an emergency road service specialist. Great part-time job. Flexible, relaxing environment. Excellent training, opportunity for advancement, good pay. great benefits if you are full-time.
Pros
Pay, scheduled hours, training
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2018
You clock in from your assigned desk, take calls immediately, dispach them after or before you hang up with customer. High call flow, scheduled breaks.
A happy place
System Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 12, 2018
I don't have any negative items about AAA. I believe people make decision based upon their family status. My family was my #1 priority back there because my kids were too young. Now they are growing up and I have more time to devote into my career.
Choose not to provide a summary
Sr. Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 5, 2018
I choose not to provide a summary, my opinion or experience with the company. Experience is based on each individual and is subjective. Therefore I choose not to comment.
Good place to start
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2018
A good company to get knowledge about personal lines policies but you'll eventually want to grow from your position. Your license is paid for and management will help however they can. It can be challenging but the leaning experience is worth it.

The downside is: the system is very fragmented and can take away from servicing policyholders efficiently. Also, not crazy about the emphasis on selling credit card to members.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Schedule, pay, system
I was immensely trained
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 27, 2018
My overall experience was wonderful, as the company provided extensive training for each of the positions that I had with the Autoclub. I went from Insurance Representative to Retention Coordinator to Sales Agent to Emergency Roadside Assistance. The positions were great. Management was not so supportive.
Pros
The Training
Cons
Poor Management
Great Work Environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 27, 2018
Great workplace environment. Managers are friendly and helpful. Work hours are consistent and allow for flexibility. Benefits are good and pay if fair for the work.
Pros
Work environment, Benefits, Flexibility in schedule
Very Poor upper Management
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2018
The ACG club is owned by AAA MI, the upper management is clueless on what the FL Ins Agency has to go through. They are constantly micro managing every thing you do. They nit pick every little thing you say or do. The QA team is the worst I have ever seen. They are constantly telling you that you can't say this & but you have to say that, their scripting is made up by idiots that are totally clueless. They expect you to make unrealistic goals, the turn over is pathetic, It's like a revolving door. The job is Very stress full, It used to be ok until AAA MI bought out ACG (Auto Club Group). The 401k they match 40% not good in my opinion. If you have a family good lucky with ther medical premiums. They don't care, you don't like it they can find someone else is the upper management mentality. You will be dealing with over 20 different Insurance companies, it will take over 1 yr just to get a little comfortable with your job knowledge. They also expect you to sell membership & push credit cards on to customer that are calling to get service on their insurance policies and they will threaten your job if you don't make goals by putting you on an Action Plan. Good Luck. The bright side, It's good for a pay check.
Pros
closed on Sunday
Cons
call constantly holding, poor service levels, irate customers, management is clueless
Fun to get the chance to help people on a daily basis
Sales (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2018
It was exciting to help people in need on a daily basis. Team members were fun to work with. Management has a lack of understanding pertaining to work and home life.
fun place to work at
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 13, 2018
nice place, great people to work with, great atmosphere. understanding management, safe place to work at, great customer service, improving strategies and new ideas.
Horrible..
Anonymouse (Former Employee) –  Nashville CICMarch 12, 2018
The atmosphere is unpleasant . Everyone is not on the same accord. Stressful environment. The company doesn't care about its employees. Every week there are changes , but the change doesn't help the overall center.
Great place ro work
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Was a field adjuster in Mn, great field manager who cared about his employees. Had there best interest in mind. Does expect hard work, but felt rewarded for that. Hours vary depending on weather etc. Sometimes 6 hours sometimes 10 hours. Each day was different. Which also made interesting. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Company car w/ personal use.
Cons
Tech could use some updating
unbelievably bad
Field Claim Rep HOW (Former Employee) –  MIFebruary 17, 2018
Horrible field manager, constantly treated with disrespect. Overworked, no recognition for taking on more than your share. The absolute worst technology imaginable. No support or training. Nightmares.
Pros
Work vehicle
Cons
A living nightmare, alcoholism
Great Place to Work
Business Consultant/OCM Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Auto Club Group is a great place to work and gain experience. Some people stay the entire duration of their career and some tend to stop in for some experience and move on. Either way it's a good place to work.
Terrible place to work
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2018
When I started the benefits and pay were excellent. After a while they started to treat their employees really bad. They cut benefits, refused to allow us to call in, wouldn’t give you breaks, hound you if you have to go to the bathroom. Working there made me hate call center work. There are better call centers, with more pay. I get upset I spent so many years there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They really think that you are on the same level of a EMT or paramedic. This is a corporation.
Supportive Work Environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Overall a very good place to work. I would recommend others to seek work with the Auto Club Group. The trainers and other IDs were all very supportive and helpful
Ceo and his new management team he brought in- terrible
Director (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 20, 2018
The CEO is changing the culture of a great company. He brought in people who do not care about the long-term employees and the culture that has been built over a century. There are so many better places to work than here. #runbeforetoolate
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Ceo - new Sr Mgt team