Auto Club Group Employee Reviews

Worked alongside good people
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2018
Good company to work for. Supervisor was nice. Benefits are good. Like the people I worked with. Wouldn’t have left this job if I didn’t have to. All around good job
Helping people off the roads
Hero Senior Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Collge Park GANovember 19, 2018
My main focus were to help people get off the roads that cars were broke down. Some wee happy with there car started. Only during snow or ice days were the hardest.
Pros
tips
Cons
snow and ice days
Senior Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2018
.I chose ACG based on proximity to my daughter's school. I enjoyed engaging and interacting with the Insurance Agents when they would first come to the organization.
Don't work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 27, 2018
You only get 2 personal days twice a year. The insurance is too expensive for the wages they pay. The pay does not match the amount of work you do. There were 100 people on hold many many times.
This job is taking calls for people that are broken down on the side of the road.
They only give you 2 weeks of book training before you are thrown onto the floor. The book is as big as a phone book. You may learn something one way in training and it will change once you are on the floor. You are graded as soon as you are on the floor.
You have an irate customers on the phone while you are trying to find them so a tow truck can be sent. Very stressful. The whole upper staff are Jeykl and Hide. The supervisors can be snappy and unwilling to help. They have a very high turnover rate.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many to list
Human Punching Bag!
Road Side Agent (Former Employee) –  Heathrow FLOctober 26, 2018
If you like getting cursed out, blamed for a car malfunctioning, belittled , being under trained, overworked and underpaid, then this is the perfect place for you!!

The job is to be of help to customers, but that was only a cool 10% of the job. The other 90% of the job was just to be a human punching bag! Very rarely would you be told thank you or appreciated for the work you’re doing.

Management sucks! You’ll have more escalated calls than the norm, because the customers are calling back multiple times trying to get different answers to questions that have already been explained 3 calls earlier.

PTO, lol, what’s that??? This is not a job that you should use as a way to advance in life. It’s a soul sucking position and you are just as expendable as the next hiring class they’ll have a month later.

DONT DO IT!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Autoclub of Southern California is a Toxic Environment
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 19, 2018
The Autoclub of Southern of California can best described as top down, micromanaged, culture of fear, that force to pay average industry wages in order to maintain turnover. The IT department suffered 5 deaths out of 500 employees in a single year due to stress related illnesses.

I retired 10 years early to preserve my health both physical and mental. The average turnover rate is 60% in most departments. It is just not a good place to work.
Very few advancement opportunities.
Benefit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 9, 2018
The company does not look at similar job titles outside the company unless a manager in the department asks for it to be done.

Annual reviews are based solely on what the immediate manager wants to write.
They will take your soul and your first-born if you let them
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2018
Ridiculously high turnover. You're expected to be available for the next caller for your entire shift (minus your break and lunch, obviously). There's always tons of OT available and management will always try to guilt you to take it whenever/however they can. When you interview they tell you holidays are required, but because they're so cheap, 99.99999% of the time they'll MAKE you take the day off.

The job itself isn't too terrible, but it's mostly higher level management and the customers that make this place unbearable. The amount of money we're paid in no way, shape, nor form compensates the job at all. 90% of the days you're getting cussed out by angry customers for something you have no control over. Then on the backend, you have supervisors harassing you for OT, statistics, your Q12 scores (how the members grade your service), ect. Between all of that and AAA's backwards rules and policies that change 86 times a day, it makes it very hard for the call takers to even fake like we're knowledgeable at our job.
Pros
They'll feed you most of the time
Cons
Low wages, management plays favorites and expects you to always kiss the customers butt no matter what
Stressful
ERS Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2018
Different employees would complain to upper management about behaviors. They would listen but wouldn't do anything to resolve the issue. It got so bad I had to get a different manager
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Managers were incompetent...were disrespectful
fun and facepaced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
A great job if you are looking for a job you can grow, open 24 hours a day so you can find a schedule that fits your needs. Everyone starts at the same position everyone is familiar with any scenario your faced.
i got to work on vehicles with my friends and we had a blast doing so
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2018
Built a foundation of basic maintenance on vehicles
Strengthened interpersonal and networking skills
Maintained trade tools in a neat and organized fashion
Pros
got some experience on learning how to do basic maintenance on a vehicle
Cons
it was an after school activity that was held once a week
good
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 12, 2018
not bad good enough people are friendly low pay outdated polices.much duties for the return . kind of misleading in the training about the commissions
Typical
PMG Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 8, 2018
My review is typical for the industry. I appreciated it for the opportunity that it was. I have nothing bad to say about the company or any of its employees.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Commute
God awful management!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 6, 2018
I worked at the headquarters in Madison, WI. The head of my department working with independent agents was a woman who was truly an awful person and a worse manager, although I hear the company finally let her go! Poor management support and no real career progression, as the upper management prefers to hire friends from former companies rather than promote from within.
Some employees are allowed to slack as long as they are friends with management, while other employees they know they can count on are driven like slaves with no appreciation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
God awful micro-management
Performed insurance claims
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 23, 2018
Repetitive daily tasks of transcribing electronic claim notices.
Minimal management supervision was needed.
Cliques were common.
Conservative and professional.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
repetitious tasks
Member oriented
Administrative Office, (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 21, 2018
I loved working with the members of AAA. i am a people person.

cross selling and trained. was a very wonderful place to work. Learning how to do DMV work was amazing. as well as being a domestic travel agent. Room to grow, and opportunites in other district offices. several different departments. fabulous place to work and have it be a career not just a job.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
office politics
rude customers make job stressful
Costumer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 12, 2018
customers are allowed to be rude and lie and the job takes their side and make the advocate seem wrong when you are just following rules set by the company. Sitting at a desk for pretty much the whole shift is hard. supervisors are inconsistent, you get conflicting answers to the same question. I learned you are just a number easily replaced and not valued as a person...but as adults we have to work ....
Pros
free food on holidays and if they know it gonna be busy, games and contest sometimes to when company products or points
Cons
4 second pause btw calls, so if you just got cursed out take a half breath and keep ready for next one, set work days, not consistent with the rules, if upper management dont personally like you watch out, cafateria food is not good and cost too much
Solid Insurance Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 11, 2018
Company with good history and reputation. Good senior management in the insurance company. Compensation and benefits are good. Good people to work with.
UNCARING management
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 7, 2018
Auto Club Group management only cares about micro-managing staff, does not care about membership or contractor network. No opportunity for advancement. WHATEVER IS CHEAPEST matters at any cost. All AAA clubs are not the same, one may get great reviews and another may not. AAA is made up of many different clubs all run under different management leadership styles and values. AAA National is main umbrella which does not oversee consistent leadership across the country, just LOOSELY sets the guidelines.
If you are ambitious or caring....this is not the place to work. Management only wants staff they can dominate and not question anything they tell you.
Its stressful at times, and also fun
Customer Advocate II / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 9, 2018
It can be a stressful place with working 3rd shift to make sure our members are taken care of. I learned to treat all members as if it's my family out there needing service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about