Autobell CarWash
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Autobell CarWash Employee Reviews

Good tips, I guess it depends on the location. Do good job washing cars and people will tip you generously. You get a free car wash once a week. Your job isn't to detail the cars, but you can pay close attention to detail it'll definitely help.
It is a very stressful job at times due to low base wage, harsh conditions, high expectations, and a very fast paced environment. You will be exposed to chemicals, mildew, mold, heat, humidity and freezing cold while vacuuming cars filled with bugs, dirt and cigarette ash. It is not for everyone.The schedule is very flexible and it is easy to get days off when needed, which makes this a decent place for students or anyone with a busy schedule. You can also get decent tips most days.
Pros
flexible schedule, tips
Cons
short breaks, low base pay, harsh environment
Great job while in high school or college. Its flexible and will usually pick your own hours. Opportunity to earn tips and commission on sales if you go that route.
Pros
Tips and wage
Cons
Hot summers and cold winters can be brutal
Great place to work if you are a high schooler looking for a weekend/summer job. Other than that, it’s not a great job for anyone looking to move up in a company. It typically takes 5-6 years if you want to be a store manager, which get paid about the same as a first year teacher.
Pros
Flexible hours, good tips
Cons
Store managers are all lazy
Great fun working here out of college and during college was easy money and very flexible with hours and the pay was good. Would highly recommend to a young person in HS or college.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hourse
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
a typical work day was patrolling and monitoring, the schedule was routine, not fair to work every weekend, mandation was not always fair, supervisors were okay, no real room for growth, and job was monotonous
This is a good summer job if you need an activity to do. My title was Crew/ Team Member. However, it's hard to plan any other major activity the day that you are scheduled to work, because you may be texted to start at an earlier or later time than the schedule says. This is because the job is based on the number of cars needing to be washed, which is based on the weather. Cashiers, which have more experience/have worked there longer than the Crew, have a little more reliable schedule, I think.The job itself: cars' outsides are washed by a machine. After that, depending on the service the customer bought, you towel dry the outside (body and wheels), spray a disinfectant on the interior, spray glass cleaner and another spray on the interior, vacuum the interior, put tire gloss on the tires.Some customers give tips, which you are supposed to report.The hardest part was not knowing the exact length of a shift.
Pros
Free car washes, Co-workers all have a positive attitude.
Cons
Because of the volume-based nature of the job, (if you are a Crew/Team Member), you are randomly sent on a lunch break or don't get one, The shifts vary from about 3 to 5 hours long if you are a Crew Team Member, You may be randomly called in an hour before your shift is scheduled to start, or be requested (twice in a day) to come in at a later time.
Very flexible hours but with that comes inconsistent work. Some weeks i would work 10 hours and 40 the next week. Pay was also inconsistent. To make decent money, this requires tips. In the area i live in, tips were awful
Auto-Bell is a good starter job, for high schoolers and such. But not really for anybody else. The hours are totally weather/busyness based. I once worked 3-4hours in a whole week because it was a rainy week and nobody wanted a car wash. So if you need consistency this isn’t the place. You make minimum wage but on a busy day you can take home hundreds of dollars in tips. But be prepared to be stiffed plenty of the time as well. Management is ok, but everyone at my location (including full grown men) acted like they were immature 15 year olds constantly. Hot days are hard, it can get over 110 degrees on the blacktop if the average temp is in the 90’s and there isn’t a lot of time for breaks or getting water. It’s rough over all, but like I said busy days can bring in a lot of cash tips.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, cash tips, free car washes
Cons
Hard work, few breaks, inconsistent hours
I rose through the ranks from new employee to store manager in just over 4 years. My district manager was a fantastic leader and taught me several things that I still use in my current career. I can’t say the same for all other leaders. Pay was incentive based. Some did things the right way, some cut corners. It often felt like the ones who cut corners got rewarded and those of us doing things the “right way” were told we needed to be more like them. That got frustrating.
Pros
Incentive pay, get what you work for, opportunity to advance
Cons
Long hours many weeks, work never really stops during hours of operation
Not a bad place to worl, but expect to have your hours cut big time. Manager would often ask you to leave early or not come in, and would change your hours constantly, receiving maybe 15-20 hours a week at minimum wage. Overall the job is fun.
Pros
free car wash
Cons
poor hours
Job is pretty good for entry into the workforce and hours are very flexible. However, there are no scheduled times to leave work and due to weather the pay and hours can be very inconsistent.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, 30 min breaks
Cons
Short work hours, inconsistent pay
I had a great time at autobell of the management was nice and understanding And all the other works there did there job and have minimum issues with autobell
Pros
tips
Cons
Heat
● OverallMy experience employed under Autobell Car Wash, Inc. was a very fast paced and provided plenty opportunities for individual performance. The clientele and managers were very active and engaged as well as my follow employees. I definitely matured as an employee and an individual from this work experience.
Great people very kind. easy and flexible work schedule. all of the tasks that are required make since and are there to ben if it you and the company.
It was a great time working at Autobell. I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked with felt like a family to me and I’ll never forget them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heat
At autobell the work is not very rigorous and it is easy to make some decent money. All employees make either tip/commission on top of their hourly pay. Most of the time it is a fun environment to work in and when the weather is nice it’s cool to be working outside. The management team wants all employees to succeed. If you really like working for autobell they have opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
Easy going, quick money, busy, flexible
Cons
Occasional Bad weather
This place is ran mostly by kids most crew members being 16 to 18 and managers being 18 to 25. I would have inconsistent hours and most likely if it was raining and I had to come in they would wait for me to drive all the way there just to tell me to go home when they very well could have texted me.
Pros
It’s a job and the tips are good if you work hard enough
Cons
Inconsistent hours, don’t get much help, and ran my kids
Auto bell was one of my favorite jobs. The potential to make money was definitely there. I think some things have changed but I loved it there. They do expect you to work hard and quality is very important to them.
Pros
Ability to make good money
Cons
They are open nearly every day so you may be asked to work ALOT!
One thing about Autobell is that they are extremely flexible when it comes on to understanding that life happens outside of work such as sudden family emergencies or spouse emergencies, overall, they are very good at dealing with those tasks and knowing how to go about them. The reason why Autobell wasn’t the best for me is because the pay is not enough for what I need in order to sustain and support my position in life considering my bills and my hobbies. I love the job, it’s just I have gotten older and more independent so that also comes with a lot more responsibility that I now have to encounter which means I need a better pay.
Pros
Very flexible with hours and work
Cons
Not enough for me anymore
Unfair work environment and unfair management. Don't trust the DM. I suggest you don't look for serious work here. Only part-time. Management lied to me multiple times.
  1. Employee Reviews