Autocam Medical

Autocam Medical Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
Featured review
Autocam Medical selected this as a representative review
Autocam is a great company to work for. The culture is positive, and employees are made to feel valued and respected. There is a strong focus on continuous improvement and every employee's input is appreciated and taken into consideration. There is great teamwork and collaboration. The business grows year after year, and senior management and owners continuously invest back in to the company, with new machines coming in regularly. The pay is competitive, with good benefits, including medical insurance offered at no cost to the employee. There are often company outings, onsite cookouts, and other events that make working at Autocam great.
Pros
Great culture, competitive wage and benefits
The hire machinists for operator positions Paid poorly for our skill level, but fairly for the ease of the actual work. The company's bottom line is all that matters. They take advantage of their employees and keep them in the dark about everything.
Pros
Easy work, decent pay
Cons
Boring, company doesn't care about you
Great company wasn’t there very long gave notice to work at another company.I would recommend it too someone but then again I wasn’t there but only a few months
Pay is low for a Company that brags about how much it makes a month. Management is all about the numbers.
Different standards between 1st and 2nd shifts. No engineering or programming support for 2nd shift other than an awesome supervisor. All employees running 2 to 3 machines at a time sometimes 4 . Way to much paperwork for employees.
Very nice management, coworkers were really nice as well and very inclusive. You are left alone most of the time once you get the hang of what you are doing. Pay is great as well. Would definitely recommend.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good Benefits Moderate pay. Typically High Hours per-week. If you can handle the hours a pretty good place to work. Does not hire management from within.
Manager was always busy never true to the words of the team . After 23 years feels like a wast of time so very sad . Only lasted that many years because of the overtime......
You can go from no experience to a CNC technician, or higher depending on your initiative and knowledge retention. Night shift premium is 10% of your hourly wage. Being on night shift is a dramatic difference to being on day shift. The stresses simply are not there on night shift.
Different sides of the building get treated differently. One side gets raises and praise and the other has to beg. Always 50 hrs per so that was nice but lots of ot offered besides that. Left for personal reasons but got tired of the differences throughout the building. They offer health insurance for free but its very high deductible
Pros
Lots of ot and free lunches and decent healrh insurance
Cons
No raises and no where to grow
I enjoy going to work everyday and the training is very helpful . I’ve learned a lot in just a short amount of time. The benefits are unbelievably great. At Autocam there is definitely room to move up in the company with provided schooling.
Pros
Benefits and temperature controlled environment
Cons
Haven’t found anything
I am a fairly new hire, about 6 months with Autocam. I came into the job with little experience and all I can say is everybody has been supportive and more than willing to show me the ropes.

The work environment is pleasant, management will go out of their way to help employees with any need they may have.

I have gone from training side by side with a supervisor to running my own machine in short time. The independence Autocam promotes is a refreshing change of pace from most other jobs I have worked.

There is a TON to learn, possibly an endless amount of information and techniques to take in. It can feel a bit daunting at times, but I welcome the challenge and look forward to growing with the company.
Pros
Casual, laid back work environment.
Cons
long night shifts
After only working at autocam medical for 6 months, I have found the company I can see myself retiring from. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful, as this is my first factory job.

While the hours are long, the overtime pay makes up for it. I am very happy and see myself working here for many years to come. Went from not knowing anything about manufacturing, to being able to follow a conversation regarding such.

The managers are helpful and quick to point out when you've done a good job. Coworkers are also particularly helpful.
Pros
Great pay, Benefits, 401K
Autocam Medical offers an awesome benefit package that is hard to say no to. Schooling (on their dime) is offered to the workforce. Can also gain a good amount of knowledge from just working on the floor. Fairly laid back environment, not very abrasive or confrontational. Would recommend to a friend if they are serious about this field.
Pros
Good pay, benefit package, knowledge growth, fun coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, 3rd shift (subjective), poor shift change communication
I've been at Autocam Medical for almost 2 years and I have to say; with a lot of other jobs, I know most people (including myself) would have a lengthy list of complaints about their employer. Not here.

- There is always work to be done but I have felt no pressure to work OT whereas most companies I've worked for it is forced or you are penalized for missing it.

- Great, knowledgable people and managers who encourage questions, it never feels like anyone is judging you for not knowing something.

- The pay could be slightly better for some positions but the benefits are so good (in general) that I can be patient. I think it is worth mentioning for those who prioritize pay.

- Learning new areas and wanting to advance yourself is encouraged and there are several incentives to do so.

- The good culture of hard work but plenty of fun while doing so is achieved quite well here in my experience.
Pros
Good culture and direction, good benefits
Cons
Nothing major enough to put here.
Great place to work . Lots of room for advancement . Management is freindly and approachable . Great benefits and pay . All the employees are friendly and helpful .
Pros
Clean facility, climate controled, pay, benefits, paid schooling and room for advancement .
Cons
I've been here 4 months and I have enjoyed being part of the team! The Murfreesboro plant has a good leadership team in place..they hold you accountable but are understanding at the same time. Compared to a few other places I've worked...this is a breath of fresh air. I would recommend this place to a friend.
Pros
Great Benefits & Pay
Cons
10 hour days
Far from perfect but it's by far the best company I've worked for. Work pace is fast yet relaxed, you don't have a manager or supervisor breathing down your neck, but you're still expected to get your work done.
Pros
No healthcare premiums, Clean climate controlled facility, 10% night shift premium
Cons
Different Managerial styles, Poor shift to shift communication at times, 10 hour mandatory days, work to earn personal time.
Horrible managers. Rude, unintuitive, short, unable to train basic procedures, uncommunicative, only focused on there responsibilities no help for the people they were managing! No idea about machining/manufacturing principles and strategies.Emphasis only on production while creating 20% scrap annually. Stay far far away. Also they are currently fighting my unemployment even though they fired me for poor performance not misconduct. And this was a result of me taking FMLA, a federal program!
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
workers are rude and angry all the time and refuse to share skill sets.
I am grateful for the opportunity to work for Autocam-Medical and the Kennedys. I prefer to work in the medical field than automotive, everyone wants good health. This company also cares about my health. They offer health benefits to their employees with no premiums taken out of weekly pay, and yes, a wellness program is in place. I started working here in 2018 and I have seen growth already...new machines and more employees. Only half of the manufacturing floor was being used when I started, now we are using some of that space for new machines and still have more room. I was told when I started that we have more work, but we need more good employees. They offer paid training and apprenticeships!
Pros
Paid Health Insurance, 10% night shift premium, clean environment
Cons
10 hour days, but the overtime pay is nice
After close to thirty-years in Automotive, I could not be happier that I have made the transition into the Medical Device industry. Let's face it, no job is perfect, but Autocam Medical is as close to perfect as I have found. The culture and working environment is a HUGE departure from Automotive where most times the culture is confrontational and abrasive. Autocam Medical also invests in it's employees with paid training and purchasing the latest technology to make everyone's job functions easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Culture, Work Environment, Paid Training, Investment in Technology, Paid Health Insurance
Cons
I have not experienced any yet.
As a manager I have had a wonderful experience working for Autocam Medical. Great pay, benefits, and a flexible schedule are at the top of the list. I am not micromanaged by my boss; he trusts me to get my job done; another plus.

From the perspective of the direct labor employees people are very happy with their job and pay. There are no surprises when walking through the door. You know the minimum amount of hours and the general job that you will expected to perform; it floors me when people are surprised once they get started.

There is a great team environment and the company involves the employees with many activities IE: company picnic, United Way, food drives, luncheons etc.

Over all if you are a good worker, have good attendance, and a great attitude, you would do great here!
Pros
Team environment, benefits, pay, vacation, quarterly bonus
Cons
heavy work load