AUTOCRAFT Employee Reviews

Autocraft Algonac MI
Shop hand (Former Employee) –  Algonac, MIAugust 12, 2017
For Autocraft in algonac MI. A bad company to work for. They lie about the hours to get you in the door and then you end up working 10,11,12 hour days all week and then Saturday. I was told 45-50hours and occasionally Saturday. I've worked at least 10 hours a day and was expected to be there on Saturdays. They don't tell you you're working, they want you to ask them if you need a weekend off. Their insurance is below to average. High copay. Very unorganized shop. Dirty. The employees on the floor have low moral and are all looking to leave. They do all their safety trains on your lunch break! And they do 10 minute breaks instead of 15. They don't have a break room. The mentality of the shop is we are all replaceable. Just not a good place to work. Not a career oriented shop.
productive
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 5, 2017
this is a very fast pace job I loved it stayed busy at all times wish I could have retired from this company they treated me well paied well nice vacation and dental
Challenging work environment
Owner (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 2, 2016
AutoCraft's business model supplies cosmetic paint services on-site at branded automobile dealerships. It is a highly competitive environment. Workers are typically young and work with limited supervision.
Productive and a chance for growth
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
AutoCraft is a very high demanding job, it can become very stressful if you have a family or young children who tend to be sickly. Because they need you on time since they have products that need to be shipped out in a timely manner but if you have a flexible schedule you can make a good income with the over time.
Pros
Family Picnics
Cons
Short Breaks
Both Good and Bad here
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAJuly 5, 2016
Non - computerized office. EVERYTHING is done by hand. Answer to every question regarding trying to changing or updating procedures. "No, this is they way we have always done it and it works for us" (Their training manual, 3 ring binder, hasn't changed since 1987). Rules change from week to week. Some employees actually keep a log of when the CEO changes rules so that they can bring it out when she tells them they are doing it wrong and never changed said rule.
Pros
Nice customers, I like the work, Great hours-every other day off, full hour lunch
Cons
Great relationship with owner and head service writer
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Had known the owner and service writer for a number of years before coming to work as the asst service writer. The shop was extremely clean and well managed due to the owner being an active part in the management as well as the lead technician. This is a fairly large and very busy shop employing 5 technicians at the time of my employ. I learned some things about marketing and maintaining a good flow of work to keep hands in the shop from being idle.
Pros
great crew, upbeat environment, decent wage
Cons
too far from home 90 mile round trip
An excellent place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 15, 2014
I would have stayed if it had not been for my obligation to college.
Enjoyed the diversity of employees at the company.
Material Cutter/Tracer (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAJuly 28, 2013
The job was as a cutter/tracer for material to be used for the manufacturing of seat covers for automobiles. Management was supportive of the employees. The hardest part of the job was its redundancy. The most enjoyable part was the interactions with the employees.
A Very nice experience for me
Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2012
The hour of work was very diffrent.Day start at 11am till 8pm.It was a workout for me everyday.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
temp assignment