Autodesk Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Very balanced and good culture. Office location is amazing. Employees are very knowledgeable, mostly young employees. Loved the overall experience.
Great people
SVP (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2018
Great people, great environment. Opportunities to work abroad and expand experience. Customers creating incredible, life changing things. Great stories and great philanthropy.
Great place to work!
Localization Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2018
This is an awesome company, I'd highly recommend.
Like anyplace, it had issues and occasional office politics, but the general feeling you get working there is that people care, and most of them are really good at what they do. Consummate professionals.
Pros
Great place to work, caring and extremely professional colleagues.
Cons
Unfortunately there were annual layoffs while I was there, which I somehow avoided, but was bad for overall morale.
Autodesk was a great place to work
Siebel Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 15, 2018
Autodesk has great track record based on their stock performance.

My time there was brief but fulfilled, I met some great people and learned a great deal.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
preferred not to say
Autodesk
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 23, 2018
I loved the technology, the people I worked with and the partners assigned. There were constant training and development which was wonderful. However, it wasn't uncommon to work through the night on many occasions to complete the many, many detailed and complex reports and forecasts. Lots of travel - which I loved - but could challenge some. Products are excellent as are the benefits. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Excellent products, training, benefits, partners
Cons
constant work, no life
Great company great culture
Principal Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2018
Great Company Excellent culture Changes were swift and drastic with new CEO. Good people good product well respected in the industry Progressive benefits for the employees
Java Developer and Automations Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work. Great culture. Innovative products. Good vision of future. Periodic layoffs. Nice location in San Francisco. Smart people. 154 words.
Learned a lot, very competitive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2018
As a high-tech company, Autodesk is on the leading edge of challenging work opportunities. This give everyone an opportunity to learn and be fully engaged - Good things! That said, they have a high frequency of company re-organizations, causing high employee attrition. This pattern creates a highly competitive environment among peers for future job security.
Great managers great company
Program/Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2018
I had two amazing managers at Autodesk and one that was terrible. I worked out of the San Francisco pier 9 office which was AMAZING. overall the people i worked with were top notch professionals.
Highly focused on transitioning into subscriptions
Brand Strategy & LUMA Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2018
The workplace is beautiful and work life is in balance. Not a lot of innovation is happening in the main body of employees at Autodesk. Its safe, pleasant for parents, money is spent in strange ways. Innovation seems to be happening with the sustainability and the R&D departments.
Great Place to Work
Investor Relations Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 5, 2018
Autodesk is such a great place to work. Amazing benefits, competitive salary, and a wonderful and diverse group of people to work with. Many opportunities for career advancement and strong mentoring program.
Great Company with wonderful values
Customer Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
Autodesk is actually cares about their employees greatly and the culture there is really friendly. Its a little rough on the ground level (entry level positions), but if you are a rock star Autodesk will make sure you grow fast.
Pros
Very Diverse Culture, Free snacks, Lots of opportunities for growths, Lots of locations
Cons
Commute, some decisions put the customers needs on the back burner
"Start-up" type work culture
Customer Loyalty & Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 14, 2018
The management provides a rigorous, yet beneficial training for their associates. Everyone is friendly and willing to help one another. Autodesk does its best to maintain a high morale in the workplace.
Dynamic ever changing company
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 13, 2018
Autodesk is an exciting company that is constantly reinventing itself to provide more possibilities for their customers.

The work place is a blend of very diverse individuals with great commitment and skills.

With all the departments that make up Autodesk inter-departmental communication is challenging.

Autodesk allowed me to grow in immeasurable ways. I was able to take on a challenge and develop a new compliance program from the ground up.

The best days at Autodesk were the days that involved collaboration with colleagues
An exciting place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
Autodesk is a fun and exciting place to work on most days. It is doing amazing things for its customers with its tool offerings. Autodesk is literally in a position to help its customers have a huge positive impact on the world. Further, Autodesk has many incredibly smart, creative and talented employees. We receive excellent benefits, and have a Foundation which offers great perks including donation matching and paid volunteer time. The drawbacks are the opportunities for advancement and the overall culture. Autodesk has undergone a major business transformation, resulting in many organizational changes, which has created a stressful, challenging environment in which to work.
Pros
flexible, excellent benefits, creative, solid employees, foundation
Cons
poor advancement opportunities, culture, non-competitive salary
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 21, 2018
Autodesk demands the best and you get treated phenomenally by the company. The management team and co-workers were outstanding to work with and were all top talent.
Great experience working here!
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 20, 2018
Great culture 2000 - 2010, then not so great, But overall a good experience. Not much room for promotion but opportunities exist for lateral movement and/or role swapping.
Great culture, excellent work-life balance, good products with management challenges
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2018
Autodesk is doing really interesting work, has great people, products and customers, has the best work-life balance of anywhere I've worked but is also a really frustrating environment. New management has not helped things -- with continued restructuring, reorganizations, shifting things around, and lots of people not being completely clear what their job is. Some people work really hard and others survive for 20 years hardly working -- while plenty of decent people are let go because the company can't quite figure out how to move good people where we need them. They're telling a good story to Wall Street about their transition to subscriptions but the next few years will really tell us if Autodesk will succeed or not.
Pros
Great offices, work-life balance, good benefits
Cons
Management, politics, ineptitude
Valuable Internship Experience
Industrial Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
At Autodesk, I felt needed and added value to the product marketing and design team. They were very adaptable in working from home and such. Really enjoyed my time there.
Productive place, good management.
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 27, 2018
I was hired as a video editor for a product launch. I kind of got thrown in the mix. Was asked to do things outside my craft, like learn unity and some java, but these skills helped me tremendously. I mostly telecommuted at the time I was recovering from accident. Nothing bad to say, open communication, they tell whats expected of you, GREAT BREAKROOM.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
My contract ended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Autodesk.

Powered by Comparably