Autodesk Employee Reviews

Good place to see new software and pet a stress dog
Product Support Specialist - AutoCAD (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 13, 2019
Workplace culture was very relaxed. People brought their dogs to wrok. Regularly. This helped counteract the stressed callers who were having difficulty with anything from getting the program to actually load to needing answers for very specific questions for operating a program.
Pros
Lots of chances for petting a dog to release stress.
Cons
Management very distant.
Marketing run company driven by partner sales.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
Autodesk is one of the last great large American companies with a significant focus on software for Engineering and Manufacturing.

I was recovering from a life threatening condition or I would have stayed.

Good culture, however while Autodesk has a large salesforce it is not focused on direct sales but on taking sales through partners. This can make life difficult when your sales job requires intensive customer focused selling.

Overall Autodesk is a good company and I would recommend it.
Pros
Good culture and pay
Cons
Company is a marketing/partner focused company, not customer direct sales focused
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 6, 2019
I love my job at Autodesk. It is a great place to work. There are a lot of great folks working there and they have been on Fortune 500's top 100 "Best Places to Work" list.
Great office with games, common areas for collaboration
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 13, 2019
Autodesk is a great place to work. The only reason I left is that my position was moved to another location. Good work/life balance. Able to perform your work with minimal oversight from management but held to high standards.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
reducing office locations
Administrator
Executive Assistant - VP of Tax and Treasury (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I haven't worked here in so long the quick brown fox jumped over the fence and caught the rabbit and had a delicious lunch and then took a nap and that's it
Decent place to work. Culture needs work
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Started as “contract to hire”, was told every 6-12 months I was next in line to be brought on as a full time employee. After 5.5 years I was finally laid off after my duties were outsourced. Never Made it to full time employee status despite the promises. During my time there it seemed like there was a re-.org every 6-12 months and my team was always concerned whether or not we would be impacted. Despite all this overall it’s a great company and a great place to work but probably even better if you are a full time employee and not a contractor. I would work there again but not as a contractor.
Pros
Work remote often, nice office location
Cons
Constant reorganization of IT teams.
Awesome Company
RESOURCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Awesome company to work for especially the work from home option. The people here are great and I really enjoyed working here during my time at this company.
Great Experience
Mentorship with the Techwomen program (Former Employee) –  San Francisco County, CADecember 7, 2018
I had the opportunity to spend a four-week mentorship at Autodesk San Francisco. The discovery of new technologies has improved my technical and artistic skills. I also had the chance to visit and collaborate with prestigious companies such as Playstation, Oculus Story Studio, LinkedIn, and Facebook...
hard working and fun
DevOps Windows Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2018
The division has a lot of work that is manageable and the management sees it. They allow for great work life balance. However be careful of what manager you end out with. Some are great, some not so. Upper management is fantastic. All the people that I have ever worked with there have been fantastic!
Great job....good benefits
Senior Project Manager, Autodesk Global Services (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 6, 2018
Very good job and surrounded by good quality people. Strong support system and products that was very mature. Overall a great place to work and thrive.
Pros
Remote office
Cons
Sometimes prduct issues that can affect successful delivery
Great workplace and culture but lacking on management
Revit and Navisworks Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
Awesome company and culture. Love the sabbatical after 4 years. Many activities and programs you can participate too bad you don't really have a lot of time available. As customer support specialist it's hard to find time to evolve and perfect your skills.
Pros
6 week sabbatical after 4 years
Cons
very poor onboarding, management is disconnected from real issues.
productive and team oriented environment
Technical-Consultant (Current Employee) –  weswood njNovember 25, 2018
My team is very friendly and my colleagues are always there for you in case you need help throughout the projects. I have learned the importance of collaborating with different teams to accomplish a common goal. the most enjoyable part of the job is the way some of the team members come together at the end of the month to mingle.
Smart people, cares about employees, antiquated
Senior Manager, Experience Design (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2018
Autodesk has to solve hard problems for designers, engineers, and makes in Architecture, Construction, Manufacturing, and Media & Entertainment. In terms of process, tech, and culture Autodesk tries continually to make the mark, and occasionally has come close to succeeding in the recent past.
Pros
Fascinating problem spaces and industries, employees
Cons
Antibodies to innovation are strong, combined with entrenchment that ebbs and flows
Great company with an incredible portfolio of products
Manager, Industry Strategy and Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 2, 2018
Autodesk is a very unique company focused on all about design products / services. It has a good to be at company feel bringing positive changes to lives of many people: consumer products, buildings, roads, plants, machinery, and movies.
Autodesk provides amazing tools to its customers
Executive Assistant to VP* Global Customer Support (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2018
Autodesk provides amazing tools to its customers however the challenge ADSK faces is that it doesn't truly understand that the customer should always come first!

Great people, great benefits but a senior mgt team (c-staff) that misses the mark.
Pros
great people, great comp
Cons
misdirected
Best work life balance
Intern Machine Learning Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2018
The company is operating in very niche market. The company has a very volatile management as a result there are concerns related to job security. The people working here are some of the best talent to see, and the company promotes healthy work life balance.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Volatile management
Overall a great company
HR (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 8, 2018
Overall Autodesk is an exciting company to work at. It's fast-paced and collaboration is a must. If you like meeting people from around the world and working with some of the best minds I would recommend Autodesk. The benefits are standard for the tech industry including paid sabbatical. In some parts of the country the salaries are highly competitive while in the big cities they have some work to do. City locations are not necessarily convenient for commuters.

I've had several managers over my career. All but one was what I would consider above average.

The most challenging aspect of working at Autodesk is the amount of change in the organization. You need to be resilient and and focus at the task at hand. Your seat may change. Your manager may change.

At the end of the day its the other co-workers that make your day special. People are kind to one another and truly care.
Pros
Great people and technology
Cons
Extremely fast-paced
Productive and fun place to work
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Very balanced and good culture. Office location is amazing. Employees are very knowledgeable, mostly young employees. Loved the overall experience.
Great people
SVP (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2018
Great people, great environment. Opportunities to work abroad and expand experience. Customers creating incredible, life changing things. Great stories and great philanthropy.
Great place to work!
Localization Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2018
This is an awesome company, I'd highly recommend.
Like anyplace, it had issues and occasional office politics, but the general feeling you get working there is that people care, and most of them are really good at what they do. Consummate professionals.
Pros
Great place to work, caring and extremely professional colleagues.
Cons
Unfortunately there were annual layoffs while I was there, which I somehow avoided, but was bad for overall morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss