Autodesk Employee Reviews

Great Company with wonderful values
Customer Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
Autodesk is actually cares about their employees greatly and the culture there is really friendly. Its a little rough on the ground level (entry level positions), but if you are a rock star Autodesk will make sure you grow fast.
Pros
Very Diverse Culture, Free snacks, Lots of opportunities for growths, Lots of locations
Cons
Commute, some decisions put the customers needs on the back burner
"Start-up" type work culture
Customer Loyalty & Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 14, 2018
The management provides a rigorous, yet beneficial training for their associates. Everyone is friendly and willing to help one another. Autodesk does its best to maintain a high morale in the workplace.
Dynamic ever changing company
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 13, 2018
Autodesk is an exciting company that is constantly reinventing itself to provide more possibilities for their customers.

The work place is a blend of very diverse individuals with great commitment and skills.

With all the departments that make up Autodesk inter-departmental communication is challenging.

Autodesk allowed me to grow in immeasurable ways. I was able to take on a challenge and develop a new compliance program from the ground up.

The best days at Autodesk were the days that involved collaboration with colleagues
An exciting place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
Autodesk is a fun and exciting place to work on most days. It is doing amazing things for its customers with its tool offerings. Autodesk is literally in a position to help its customers have a huge positive impact on the world. Further, Autodesk has many incredibly smart, creative and talented employees. We receive excellent benefits, and have a Foundation which offers great perks including donation matching and paid volunteer time. The drawbacks are the opportunities for advancement and the overall culture. Autodesk has undergone a major business transformation, resulting in many organizational changes, which has created a stressful, challenging environment in which to work.
Pros
flexible, excellent benefits, creative, solid employees, foundation
Cons
poor advancement opportunities, culture, non-competitive salary
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 21, 2018
Autodesk demands the best and you get treated phenomenally by the company. The management team and co-workers were outstanding to work with and were all top talent.
Great experience working here!
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 20, 2018
Great culture 2000 - 2010, then not so great, But overall a good experience. Not much room for promotion but opportunities exist for lateral movement and/or role swapping.
Great culture, excellent work-life balance, good products with management challenges
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2018
Autodesk is doing really interesting work, has great people, products and customers, has the best work-life balance of anywhere I've worked but is also a really frustrating environment. New management has not helped things -- with continued restructuring, reorganizations, shifting things around, and lots of people not being completely clear what their job is. Some people work really hard and others survive for 20 years hardly working -- while plenty of decent people are let go because the company can't quite figure out how to move good people where we need them. They're telling a good story to Wall Street about their transition to subscriptions but the next few years will really tell us if Autodesk will succeed or not.
Pros
Great offices, work-life balance, good benefits
Cons
Management, politics, ineptitude
Valuable Internship Experience
Industrial Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
At Autodesk, I felt needed and added value to the product marketing and design team. They were very adaptable in working from home and such. Really enjoyed my time there.
Productive place, good management.
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 27, 2018
I was hired as a video editor for a product launch. I kind of got thrown in the mix. Was asked to do things outside my craft, like learn unity and some java, but these skills helped me tremendously. I mostly telecommuted at the time I was recovering from accident. Nothing bad to say, open communication, they tell whats expected of you, GREAT BREAKROOM.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
My contract ended.
Management said one thing, did another
Senior Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
I know that this observation is typical of an employee that did not fair well at an organization. AutoDesk, however, was horribly deceptive, and the management there lied through their teeth!

I would NEVER recommend this company to any friend.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Can't believe a word spoken to you by management
Change Manager
Cloud Infrastructure Change Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2018
I enjoy working for Autodesk, But I realized that the salary is not fair. I designed and implemented Change Management to all Autodesk sites. Now that the project is completed, I think it's time o move on.
Productive and enjoyable with employee perks
Support Programs Ops / Proj Spc / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 18, 2018
Autodesk takes good care of their people. Examples include: stocked drink fridges that included different types of milk & cream; several real food vending machines in each building for those who didn't bring lunch; an Autodesk subsidized cafe at the HQ building; discounts from many of their vendors; paid sabbaticals for each 5-year anniversary; offsite, focused, cross-functional leadership training for 1 week for every employee; an onsite gym at the HQ building; great opportunity for work life balance with adequate staffing and the ability to work remotely; clear, established global policies & procedures; and an inclusive & diverse global culture. In addition to that laundry list, they make cool products and continue to drive technology in the CAD arena.
Pros
Great people & company
Cons
Their intranet needed some work when I was there
Resellars run the sales operations
Territory Sales Executive - AEC Solutions (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2018
I was the 5th rep in the territory in the last 5 years. The channel partners hold all the relationships and do the deals on their paper. No one wants to deal directly with Autodesk and Autodesk has conditioned the end users as such.
Pros
base salary
Cons
30 years of an indirect model
Strong products, poor career advancement
Program Manager, Field Engagement (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2018
The company is doing great things to revolutionize the industry, but the only way to move around the company is to make diagonal moves. It's very difficult to "climb the ladder" and career advancement is very unclear.
I enjoyed my time at Autodesk
Frontline Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 23, 2018
The atmosphere was relaxed.
Metrics and goals were reasonable, and customer satisfaction was a priority.
My manager was a good Guy who cared about the well being of his team.
Pros
Free subscriptions to Autodesk products
Sr. Data Governance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 19, 2018
Autodesk was a great place to work, but the company was not ready for Data Governance and the practice didn't yet have the needed support. Several week after I started the resources were pulled.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good people
Cons
The Data Governance Practice lacked support.
Be Careful, this company is in a state of constant restructuring and layoffs!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 19, 2018
No Job Security. 2 layoffs a year and for no reason as this company has never been more profitable. Your just a number. Don't leave your stable employer for this one.
Pros
Cultural benefits like free lunch and social outings etc...
Cons
Constant state of restructuring. No advancement, no future.
Professional
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2018
I worked for a smallish privately owned software company in Tampa, FL which was acquired by Autodesk. I reported to a manager on the west coast (CA). That manager was very strong, cared a great deal about the business and was a wonderful support for me. I covered the eastern half of North America, he had the west coast. Ultimately Autodesk closed the Tampa office and melded the business into their existing portfolio.
does not value long term workers
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 20, 2018
The company culture is changing with new CEO. Gives lip service to diversity but does not value it. You get ahead based on connections not skills. Years of service are not valued any longer.
Great if you are in a main office.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 14, 2018
Company benefits are amazing.
Don't expect to advance in your career.
If you are not working on the "it" software, be prepared to move from project to project.
Care more about getting the buzz words than doing a good job.
Expect company restructure every year- two years.
Pros
Benefits, sabbatical, mostly self-paced work
Cons
restructuring of the company every year, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss