Autodesk
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Autodesk Employee Reviews

United States313 reviews

sabbaticaltechnologyculturesoftwaresanproductinnovativespace

Tough to find a better place to hang your work hat

Featured review

Autodesk selected this as a representative review
Casual, informal environment. In my experience most everyone is very interested in helping and getting things done. Flatter mgmt structure with fewer VPs, fewer managers I believe, which in turn elevates subsequent mgmt roles (ex: a sr. manager equates more to a director level). Internal support is the best. Well run company with resources to make one's job easier, an interest in employee development. Excellent benefits including generous PTO and 5-week sabbaticals (every 4-5 years I believe). Their SF office is wonderful, across the street from the bay, with perks like lunch brought in 2-3 times weekly, fun activities, clubs, guest speakers. I work from home, so a mediocre lunch is provided daily, by me. ;-)

Pros

You get it.

Cons

None I can think of.

Good work life balance

The company has a nice culture and good work life balance. Some very cool technology. People stay a long time. Seems that employees are very happy. I haven’t been there as long.

Autodesk insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Love being at Autodesk

I can’t say though good things about the culture. Everyone is extremely friendly and understanding. The company tries hard to endure a great employee experience. Pay and benefit are good. Work life balance is better than other companies and it definitely helps having flex work. All in all, highly recommend.

Pros

Culture, benefits.

Cons

N/a

Productive and fun place to work.

Good place to work. Management is great. Compensation is very competitive. Will definitely recommend to all my friends to work here.Hardest part of the job is to get through the day.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Nice place to work

It was one of the best places that I have worked. I would recommend to everyone.Nice environment, fun place and lots of activities. I will miss the PUB

Cutting edge technology both in product as well as in back office support systems

Company is surprisingly agile given its size, and willing to do right by its employees, its most valuable assets. Management in general is keeping up with geopolitical trends as well as an ever changing work force all while keeping an open mind at the same time. Executive management has the Company’s best interest at heart

I can recommend Autodesk to anyone who looking for working in friendly environment with posibilites to growth.I really appreciate how Autodesk taking care about employees.

Pros

Lunch tickets, flexible working space, other benefits.

Great products, extremely political.

Has excellent products, most through acquisition. Enablement is very good, and every sales position is highly matrixed. Little to no opportunity for promotion, except from entry level jobs. Extremely political, most politics and empire building I have ever seen in a company - your job performance is irrelevant, only the opinion of management will be used to rate you.

Pros

Products are good, training and enablement is good. For sales roles quotas set quite high.

Cons

Customer support is extremely bad. Politics and empire building the worst ever seen in a company.

Fantastic company

Excellent culture - collaborative, supportive, developmental, nurturing. Respect for individuality and differences in work styles. Learning is encouraged as is rotating for new opportunities/advancement.

Pros

Culture. Friendly senior management team. And the company is very successful.

Cons

Few. The 401k match could be better.

Work might work out for a few, but not the norm

You are fully occupied till you get the job done, but no one is expecting you to succeed within the org. Okay to work there a year or two, but don’t build any fantasy of being there till you retire.. they probably fire you after a year

Pros

Working remote is encouraged

after 7 years still very happy with Autodesk

I'm working as a CSM with large accounts. My account team is the day to day work. I can organize the work myself, a home office is usual.Covid support was the last 2 years very good. The career should be managed based on performance instead of show maker.

benefit is good.

work life balance is good. Feel islated from parent companies. no job security. Frequently layoff. However, benefits are great. Sabbatical leave every 4 years of work.

Good company. Management talent varies widely.

Worked from home. Company adequately covered home expenses and travel. Difficult to move from one division to another. Management has changed since I left. I am now more positive about the company's future.

Excellent place to work, very satisfied

I was very satisfied with my position and managers. I was very satisfied with my work and the people around me. Everyone was helpful and happy. It was nice to work for a company with happy people all around you. The benefits are excellent and children are covered until 23 I believe and reasonably priced. Small contribution.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Good comp and people but office politics are strong...

A lot of office politics in this old company. Getting ahead requires bootlicking or being on the right team and having a good manager. Stock options are good and unlimited PTO.

Great products, good brand

Horrific customer support, customers must rely on sales executives to resolve - taking many hours away from sales. Taking initiative frowned upon, account owner changed frequently, constant chaos from excessive rules and restrictions, reorganization's 2-4 times per year. Customers cannot develop relations with sales team, reorg of accounts every year or more

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Constant organizational chaos

Intern

Good place to be an intern but difficult to convert to fulltime jobnot many roles available but still can work hard and get into fulltime jobfun place to work and interesting

Just OK

As a contingent worker; it was a dead-end position. 0 on-boarding offered, absolutely stupendous amount of work/responsibility from first day through last (position was supposed to be for appx 2/3 months but lasted 18 months),Understaffed, demanding position. Would have been exciting work until the realization set in that the manager was focused only with the pursuit of her agenda and had zero concern re the almost untenable environment faced by those who sought to keep the daily administration of her department intact and effective.Typical contingent position - quite a thankless undertaking.

Pros

Most FTE and contingent staff were hard-working and responsive.

Cons

Extreme working conditions. Contingent workers were generally held as a commodity

Productive and flexable

Very great place to work. I wouldn't trade this for any other cooperate job. Fairly compensated for my work. I get to work remote 100%. Company cares about work life balance and understands that a work life balance actually does increase productivity.

Amazing place to work

people are very kind and politeamazing collaborative environmentcool technologies and managementextremely amazing perksrewards and recognization is a very high amount

Pros

great place to work

Cons

no cons, I enjoyed everything about autodesk

Good company overall but disconnected

Overall, Autodesk is a good company made up of good people. But the teams are so disconnected and the company is so large that getting questions answered and necessary information can be a challenge. Lately the environment has felt more disconnected than ever, despite constant internal meetings.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Lower than industry average for salaries, confusing commission structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Autodesk with

Autodesk reviews by popular job title

• Autodesk
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?