Autodesk

Autodesk Employee Reviews

United States279 reviews
Great culture
The team I am working with is awesome. Nice location. Good Commute. Lots of good restaurant nearby. Good work life balance. Supportive and recognized culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Good place to work . Work load is reasonable and work culture is great. Some teams are provided with occasional free lunch depends on manager and budget available.
Great company!
Great company and outstanding culture! Quite a few smart people one can learn and be motivated from. People tend to stick around, thus progression is slower that other companies.
Good company/ on the right track
Autodesk is a good company which is slowly realizing it's potential in the tech space and taking the right decisions to transform itself and its culture.
The payment is not at par with its peers.
Great work environment
Great work environment and amazing people to work with, team collaboration and worth ethics. Work and life balance they respect your time as you would respect theirs.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Okay Place to Work
If you're not a full time employee you will not get far in this place. Contractors only get a review every so often, with no increase in pay until 2 years after from my experience.

Work Hours are strictly 8:00am to 5:00pm - with a possibility to change in the future if you work hard enough.

Employees in the San Francisco Building are silos, not warming or welcoming environment, just people working and not sociable, sometimes rude.

Benefits and such are only available through contractors hiring agency. Not good if you have family since they don't offer reasonable prices.

Management is done poorly for contingents, little to no support.

HR is a joke, they don't care if you get paid on time or not.

Overall not a good place to work if you're looking to grow in the field.

I was there 4 years.
Great career experience!
I spent almost 19 years with this great company, and am so thankful I had that opportunity! Autodesk is extremely innovative and doing what it takes to remain competitive in the ever changing tech world...!
Nice employees, toxic management
The overall experience dealing with peers was nice but every manager I had (and the managers of the friends I made) were toxic and ran their departments like fiefdoms. Racism, sexism, homophobia was ignored.
It's not a safe environment to work in.

Especially not safe for women of color or LGBTQ persons.
Amazing company, horrible management
This company has everything you would want from a job. Great people, great workspace. The manager I had was petty, incompetent, and liked to yell at employees for mistakes instead of coaching. I was treated like I wasn’t one of them because I was a contingent worker (as are all Autodesk employees when they first start). I would recommend going into a finance position or technical support because you will be treated fairly.
Great office location, work-life balance, and company culture is best in class
This was my first job into the technical field!

It was a blast to work at this company. Everything from getting to work and go through the morning ritual of getting coffee and sparkling water from the kitchen (free) to helping clients from around the world using our software with everything from failed hard drives, network outages, propriety api troubleshooting, to complex system troubleshooting.

I highly recommend working for Autodesk!
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables
A typical day at work is busy.
Learned about how the company is been managed

Relax culture managements

Very diverse culture

The hardest part of the job was joggling between headquarter and other facilities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting recognize by the employees of my dedications and my hard works.
the best place to work
nice office, nice co-workers, snacks, coffee. I love everything about Autodesk, work hard play hard. I have had a really good mentor, he gave me advice and guidance throughout the contract
Typical corporate company where you are just a number
Very little training, no support, pushed into uncomfortable situations with no preparations or guidance. Paid extremely well but wasn't worth the environment.
ok
It was ok. There are a lot of silos and sensitive people that work remote. There are a lot politics at play, so put your campaign hat on when you interview.
Great Company
Great company
Awesome perks

Transparent leadership

Exposure to the company's goal

highly recommend starting your career in a company like AutoDesk

Beautiful Location
Pretty Good
However, there are big cultural differences between some of the departments here. I'm learning the more longer I work here. I started as a temp and should be converted to an employer closer to new years 2020. I'm working in Client Services at the moment, and there is a work flow schedule that I was not aware would be applied to my role. To me, this is very similar to typical Call Center Culture, and not in line with the Autodesk culture, but that is just my opinion. Other department, outside of Client Services, are not made to adhere to the same schedule structure; they have more freedom to manage their own work/time as they see fit.

As long as Autodesk doesn't try to cram us all together like sardines and doesn't try to make schedule adherence a potentially terminable stat I am happy for the moment.

They do have more pros than cons.

Lot's of natural light from the windows, everyone has sit/stand desks, laptops, dual monitors, wireless keyboards and mice, Themes on each floor of the building and each conference room as well (state parks, space, fountain themes), free food often, ping pong, shuffle board, dart board, open kambucha bar, free snacks and fruit, flavored bubbly water and coffee, phone booths for privacy, a library, massage chairs, and roof top access (non-smoking), lots of company discounts as well.
Productive Learning Experience
Typical day consisted of daily meetings with my team/co-workers. I met with manager every week to do my evaluations of my satisfaction at Autodesk. The culture of the workspace is very vibrant and welcoming. There is usually a bonding time for people to have fun every now and then. A good example was karaoke during lunchtime. The hardest part of the internship was learning while doing the job which is expected. At the same time it is the most enjoyable because it was a learning experience.
Be prepared to fluff your numbers
I was put on a PIP for not having an over-inflated pipeline. I was top quota attainer on my team and have the highest conversion rate, but because I don't have bogus pipeline I'm failing..
Good place if you can find a good niche...
Autodesk has been good to me over the years, I've been able to do a lot of interesting work with good people. I have found "good niches" to work in that were somewhat isolated from some of the less desirable aspects of the company. There is a concerted effort to address cultural issues, but management continually blunders by promoting inept people, and prioritizing "looking good" over "doing good".
Reasonable place to work
At times high pressure caused by demanding release schedule.
Liberal work-form-home policy.

Frequent changes in the management causing shifts in priorities.
Good people
Great working environment bad upper management within the marketing organization but great support within the sales organization. I would recommend sales over marketing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.