Autoliv Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Quick paced
Amt (Former Employee) –  Promontory Point, UTJune 18, 2018
Good place to work. Advancement opportunities. Tps culture. Always growing and opportunities for overtime. The top in production manufacturing and auto safety systems.
Quality Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 18, 2018
My department had a great work culture. Everyone was willing to help each other regardless of how busy they were with their own workload. Lots of travel opportunities.
Work like dogs
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 15, 2018
This is a sweat shop and no more. People work six to seven days a week for months and months and have no family time. Management is clueless and is not supported by many of the hard working people there.
Pros
Two shut downs
Cons
Everything else
very interesting to no how airbags work and all the different ones
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 15, 2018
very repetitive management was lacking did not care about their employees. not to much advancement. safety was not number one numbers were. I come to find out it was all about how cheap they could make an airbag. they sent some of the work to mexico for cheap labor
Pros
nice atmosphere, quality a must
Cons
management was lacking
good place to work
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 11, 2018
Autoliv treated me very fairly, was promoted to supervisor after 3 months of production work and was given time off paid to care for a sick wife, the management was very fair to me and treated me nicely, always had catered lunches and good benefits
Wonderful experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTMay 1, 2018
Autoliv made production line enjoyable. A brisk pace but you pick it up quick. Also, management is very accommodating to personal issues that arose up.
average pay, good benefits, but runs people into the ground
Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 19, 2018
Also, it expects culture & conditions to improve from the bottom up only instead of top-down leadership. Application of company philosophy in workplace environment is spotty and very inconsistent.
fun but stressful place to work
Fort Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INApril 16, 2018
we would have a meeting and go on with our duties. management was great. we would work as a team as needed. we had our truck loaders and truck unloaders and put car parts away.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
so far away from fort wayne
Test Group is an After Thought
Test Design Architect (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 16, 2018
In the test group, you have no insight to new designs. Nothing is well documented in the company and you spend most of your time being a private investigator between engineering and production. Documents are written just to "color in the the box" company wide and most detailed info is passed and defined by email and yellow stickies. Very piecemeal, and "cowboy" engineering. Management is aware of the culture but no real attempt is made to correct it - "its our culture and that's the way it is" attitude. Managers are "namby pamby" to some engineers to the point where the staff is allowed to be so lax in documentation, that they will not be forced to improve (and risk the engineer leaving), so management is afraid of culture change and some engineers hold the company in check because they don't share the knowledge - leading to undeserved job security and even worse documentation and collaboration. A downward spiral which may have been the cause of the active safety division being split off reticently from the corporation
Pros
Job security
Cons
Inefficient, no personal space for focused work, no parity among disciplines
Stressful
AMT (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTApril 11, 2018
Autoliv was a fine place to work if you didnt have to support or take care of a family. Emergencies were see as nuisances. injuries were mocked and those returning from surgeries were mocked and management made them miserable in hopes they would quit

Want to know more about Autoliv?

Ask a question
Unhappy with my Autoliv experience
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Promontory UtApril 6, 2018
They have great benefits and room for growth but their motto is safety quality and then quantity but I feel differently all they ever acted concerned about was quantity
Fast Pace, Fun, Exciting Work Environment.
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 5, 2018
I love working at Autoliv. They have given me time grow at my own pace right out of college. Autoliv is on the leading edge of automation and every technology that is associated. They also maintain their old machines, so there will never be a dual moment when creating/maintaining machines.
Autoliv is the worlds leading automotive safety supplier, with sales to all major car manufacturers in the world.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 5, 2018
Collaboration with 70,000 associates in 27 countries is challenging but exciting. Autoliv is passionate about it's vision of Saving More Lives. Autoliv strives to standardize it's practices at all of it's locations around the world.
Overworked and overwhelmed
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 3, 2018
Too many managers and no engineers, impossible to even have a life when you are working 60 hours a week, management only supports the hottest fire of the day
Draining, too competitive, stressful
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTMarch 27, 2018
Manual labor repeating the same motions over and over. Short breaks. Competitive. Working hard is never good enough. Not enough days off for how draining the job is. Employees aren’t a priority. Atmosphere is stressful, and angry. Management doesn’t listen to employees concerns or ideas.
Very upsetting work enviromant
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 12, 2018
My comments are only directed towards the GM at the Olive Branch facility, as well as the managers and HR at corporate.The other plants I visited in Utah, Indiana and Tijuana seemed more professional, I didn't see any unprofessionalism in those facilities.
Good honest work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84405March 11, 2018
Typical day: Clock in, work at your station which rotates every 30 minutes. Work with good people and lots of opportunity to either go home, or work overtime. Lots of places to work, throughout the company. Good benefits, decent wage and a good overall work attitude towards employees.
Pros
In-house prepared Lunch(costs money), Vending machines, Available Gym, and available health clinic
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Production trainer (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTMarch 9, 2018
Just follow the instructions and rules and you will do well I work with explosives and Auto Liv has zero defect goal so every thing must be precistive . Auto Liv is very appetitive ,and innovative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
N/a
productive and fun work place
Rack loader (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 6, 2018
its easy and a fast moving work place! you're on a time schedule while being a tugger and a lot of heavy lifting but in all its not a bad place to work for
Pros
lunches, hours, people
Cons
short breaks, pay
stressful environment
UT specialist (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTFebruary 28, 2018
I would not recommend that anyone work here, the environment is very stressful and the hours they make you work feel very unethical, the only good thing i can say about this place is the management is not bad.