Automated Health Systems Employee Reviews

Software Tester I & II (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 16, 2019
A great environment to work in. The staff and employees were all nice and very helpful. They helped everyone whenever a new project was presented. Great place!
Good Benefits
Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
The company provided really good benefits to the employees, however the pay rate is on the lower end. I would go back and work there if I had the opportunity.
Work That Matters
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2019
I worked in the call center so there was never a dull moment. Enjoyed helping members and agents, alike. Other departments were open to suggestions and feedback. Open Door policy for all to get their ideas, questions or issues heard. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
The contracts we worked on in Florida are important for our community.
A tragedy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 2, 2019
I loved signing people up for health insurance and explaining benefits. I even took pride in my ability to calm down understandably furious customers. I don't know what is wrong with the management at this place but it's a disaster unlike anything I've ever witnessed.
Pros
You get to help people get health coverage
Cons
Terrible work environment
Poor Management
Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2019
Very poor Management
They changed supervisors so many time you couldn’t even build a work relationship with any of them. What they told us and what help desk told us didn’t match up. They were unorganized. The supervisors were not at their desks half the time. Training was horrible and organized.
Cons
Poor Management, unorganized
A great place to work and good benefits.
Supervisor, PCC TS (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2019
Automated Health Systems is a surprise and a joy in many ways. I came to work for them believing it would be temporary and suddenly it is over ten years later. Hard work, dedication, usefulness, collaboration, and willingness to assist are rewarded. I have many times been told places of work see these things in employees and wish to maximize their employees who demonstrates these skills and mindsets. That is generally lip service in my humble opinion. At Automated Health Systems I have found that statement to be true. AHS appreciates hard working and dedicated employees. It understands the needs of the contractor’s business and the needs of the employee and balances these things. I am a hard working man who has been promoted several times in my employment with AHS, and this company often refers to me as being “valuable”. I work hard to earn that compliment, but this company has gained my appreciate and trust in its vision for services provided by how it has treated me. I cannot recommend it enough. It is an excellent places to demonstrate skills or gain skills if lacking, so you the employee can become the professional. Customer Service, at the end of the day, is all any place of business ever provides. AHS is dedicated to molding individuals into customer service professionals. Often offering opportunities for growth in the most surprising of places. The time off and benefits package isn’t bad either at all. One place referred to our insurance as “Rolls Royce” insurance benefits.
Pros
Fast pace, opportunities for growth and advancement. Good benefits.
Cons
Fast pace and changeable. This is either a pro or con dependent upon your mindset.
Great Team Environment. Professional Work ethic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
AHS is a great place to work! Very strong team environment, it's like a family. Co-workers are professional and always will to assist. AHS cares about their employees. Offers excellent benefits and has an on site gym to use.
Pros
Gym, Flexible Hours, Great team atmosphere
Health Source RI - advising and granting health programs
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 7, 2019
Training did not consist of what we needed to do. Too many computer problems. Supervisors always gave advice that conflicted as to what we were taught.

Too many customer complaints about their medical coverage
I forwarded to the help desk
The problems were NEVER resolved
Pros
Good friendly coworkers
Cons
did not teach us how to handle problems
Need Improvement
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 20, 2019
I would advise no one to ever step foot into this place. When I first started it never hit me to, why is it that the place had so many empty desk. And oh now I see people start the process of training and never return. Stress, stress, stressful into tears are about to fall. If you want to take a breather that you will never get into you are out that building. So run as far as you can because everyday I'm depressed and in tears because of what it is that they put us through. If people are looking for money, and growth not there the only growth you will get is grey hair. Training should be longer but it is not and there is so much to remember and believe me there is no possible way.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
pay, hours
Temp positions
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIFebruary 12, 2019
So i had a temp position here and got a 2 day notice when it was my last day of work very unprofessional regardless if it was a temp position or not i would have perferred a 2 week notice. I hope ahs takes this into consideration for there next training class. People have bill and other responsibilites it would be nice to get a heads up on a lay off instead of 2 days before.
Great culture, stressful dealing with Medicaid members.
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
AHS has a family-like culture. The call center was somewhat small. I enjoyed my supervisor, who was creative, friendly and approachable. We answered calls as Tennessee Health Connection, and mainly referred Medicaid members to other places, like Obamacare and case workers. Mostly we updated records and filed appeals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult, irate people. The most enjoyable part was the culture and the annual Christmas party. I miss working there but don't miss the work.
Pros
work culture, closed on state holidays
Cons
difficult/irate callers
January 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write and best wishes for future success!

Fast paced work environment with lots of perks and incentives
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2018
Automated Health Systems was a fun place to work with great people. The hours were manageable and they offered great perks, incentives and bonuses. They also offered great holiday parties.
Pros
Great perks
January 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working at AHS and we wish you all the best in the future.

Florida office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2018
Nice place to work overall. Small office so advancement is limited. Must be able to adapt to change quickly. Come to work on time, be friendly and professional, you’ll get noticed by management.
Pros
Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, Christmas party, monthly activities for employees, bonus at the end of the year
January 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about working at AHS and best wishes in the New Year!

Place sucks
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  SchamburgDecember 6, 2018
Always part time ,pathetic management ,airhaeds with mo brain,a lot of favortism if you cute you okay if you dont play along you will be out the door,not enough pay and a whole lot of work,oh yes lay off ,lay off,lay off

That way they dont have to pay benefits
Pros
Free lunches
not invested in employees
Provider Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
Lacks management
Lacks QA
No room for advancement
Pay is low
Needs to institute higher wages; care for their workers and room for advancement. The work was light and could be handled easily, but lack of workflow systems and attention to detail and QA by management made the work stressful.
January 11, 2019

While we respect your opinions, if you really want to see change, the best way to manage that process is to begin a discussion with your supervisor, department manager or the Human Resources Department. Our door is always open and we will always take the time to listen to any concerns, answer any questions and review any processes to ensure that our employees are comfortable, safe, adequately trained, sufficiently equipped and properly managed.

Challenging and Rewarding Work
Human Resources Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2018
AHS has afforded me the opportunity to learn exciting new technologies and implement ideas to streamline processes that affect everyone in the company. It's gratifying to know that I work for a company that cares about helping people, truly cares about its employees and where I can have a direct impact helping the business succeed.
Pros
Free Parking, Convenient Location, Employee Events
Cons
Corporate offices need refreshed.
All in all the company provided an excellent service to the community..They assisted with educating those clients throughout the state of Wisconsin .
HMO Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2018
Team atmosphere, answering clients concerns and being able to assist them in various ways was very meaningful. At times I would need the input from my, or refer them to HMO advocates, or Ombudsman. I enjoy being able to solve a situation where the client felt is was out of reach.
Pros
Hours
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your great comments. We love helping people and wish you all the best!

Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 19, 2018
Friendly staff, salary poor for the busy work environment. You start off as a temp sometimes working long hours for the week but then can have a week with hardly any hours.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We understand your frustration and want to address your concerns. Our business of helping people most in need requires maintaining staffing levels to handle fluctuating call volumes. There are a number of factors involved in scheduling work hours and we continually strive to improve our processes. Thank you again and best wishes.

no leadership
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  SCOctober 16, 2018
rules change too many times. no real hours. no real lunch breaks. no real supervisor. cranky manager. people very unprofessional. no one cares about doing better
October 24, 2018

While we do not have a contract, nor employees in South Carolina, we want to respond to these allegations as there is little basis in fact. AHS has both a policy and procedure manual and employee handbook that serve as guides to and are followed by our management team and staff. This document addresses rules, work hours, breaks, management structure and professionalism. Indeed, we care very deeply about doing better and are taking steps everyday to become better.

Ahs
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 8, 2018
I would recommend working there. It is relaxed and super chill to work at. I personally enjoy working there and would stay if I wasn't in school but I am almost graduating and need to find a job in my career section.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments and spending some time working with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.