Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Dispatcher| Emergency Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 8, 2019
As a emergency roadside assistance dispatcher; you are always on alert. you have to especially monitor any "hot calls" which are calls where motorists vehicles are disabled in locations that can cause an accident. These calls are priority over regular vehicle breakdowns.
Pros
Time passes quickly
Company recognizes employees hard work
Specialist Receiver Service I (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Many of the supervisors and administration workers, with the exception of one or two, are nice, professional, and helpful to the employees Company has a positive atmosphere Work consist of answering an assisting 100+ calls per shift
Pros
Full-time, environment, pay, Supervisors
Cons
Micromanage your work Checking on your satisfactory surveys, talk time, referral to body shop and auto mechanic shops, time member(customer) placed on hold... One or two supervisors
Call Center Representive
Call Center Reciever (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 28, 2019
The hours were set so that’s nice. I like the massaging chairs they put in. Monthly incentives were nice to have but for them I think that compensated for lack of raises.
Pros
Hours, flexible with school schedule, and on going training
Cons
Very strict with adherence.Very stressfull to meet goals and work with upper management.
this was a monotonous type of job, good opportunities to sell though,
Life Insurance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 21, 2019
AAA is a good place to work, however, there is not much room to advance and grow as professional. Pay was better than decent, but, after 2 years, excitement decreases and then it just becomes a job.
Pros
good brand, nice mission
Cons
no room to grow, monotonous type of job
stressful place to work - a lot of what they say when they hire you is not true
LIfe agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
basically you are cold calling the members - and you are captive - you also do not get residuals -

in my first 6 months 5 agents quit, and these were some of the good agents
Fast paced multitask job
Customer Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at Auto Club includes opening up cash draws, counting inventory for draws, and balancing the books. Processing the cash and check deposits, processing DMV registration, vacation packages, and taking payments for insurance, memberships, and auto registration. These are just a few things that you can look forward to as a member service agent. I learned how to multi task and wear many hats, all in a days work. Management can be fair depending what location you worked in. Workplace culture was that they offered the best service in the industry. The hardest part of the job is biting your tongue when you are being berated by a customer. You just grin and bare it. The most enjoyable part of the job, the people you meet, and the lasting relationships you build within the company.
Pros
Benefits, time off, and discounts
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays
good company, poor management
Regional Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJanuary 9, 2019
good company to work for, poor management. They do not respect or value the employees with longevity. They try to replace them with newer employees and pay them less. They terminate illegally.
Horrible place to work micro-manage is an understatement
Policy Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I work here, the recruiter will sale you this job like their is no tomorrow. Low educated people who have been promoted up. They speak with poor vocabulary training is so repetive you won’t believe it. They brag about how conservative the company is; its horrible also I was coach for using the restroom outside of break times. The call center manager and my immidiate manager discuss that restrooms breaks are considered employees taking advantage of company time and money. This is a nightmare call center please do not leave ur job for this place after training and your introduce to the floor half the people leave and the others start looking for employment. Btw they pay up to 3000 for employee referrals if they last 6 months, it’s for a reason.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro-manage for the second
Horrible management
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 29, 2018
The Auto Club keeps cutting pay for their agents and increasing goals along with decreasing what is "acceptable business". No time off. No vacation pay. (Even though the company has an $8bill surplus) Expected late nights even if you're already at goal. Stress level high and constantly threatening our jobs security (even to the good agents). If corporate doesnt change their companys culture they are going to continue to see their agents on stress leave. A lot of agents are overworked and vastly underappreciated. If you can find a similar job with decent pay I would take it.
Cons
Long hours and pay cuts
sales sales sales
Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 9, 2018
working in the branch is essentially just sale after sale. we were pushed to make about 10 different goals for the month. I wasnt really sure what i had gotten myself into one i started lol but pushing things on people is annoying and i wasnt a fan. Plus doing nothing but DMV wasnt the best. i couldve just gone to the DMV itself and been miserable there instead.
Pros
discounts on membership and auto insurance
enjoyable work environment
Underwriting Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed the pace I was able to work. Management was effective. I felt that my manager was fair and very communicative, I was always kept in the loop of upcoming and ongoing tasks.
Pros
healthcare
Productive workplace
Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 10, 2018
My workdays were very fast-paced. This is a call center environment so was always busy. I learned how to sell and process AAA memberhips, and also received dispatch training. Sometimes it was had dealing with problem members but I was always able to satisfy them/come to an agreement with them ad get through the call.The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help members get service and solve their problems whether it was finding a mechanic, a locksmith or simply setting up an appointment that was coveniet for them.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Costa MesaNovember 5, 2018
Great benefits. In house university for knowledge advancement. Great job placement. Highly recommend for student that are just graduating high school.
Great benefits but low ethics and high sales goals
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 29, 2018
Full benefits. Great, competitive pay. Management is typical for a sales job - mostly incompetent and selfish. AAA is a great company if you know how to play their game. They have high goals but decline so much business. While they pay great when you do well, they make it very easy to lose the majority of your comission with their difficult to understand pay plan.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Poor ethics and high goals
If sales is not your thing DO NOT work for AAA
Emergency Roadside Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long beachOctober 22, 2018
Every month you have to meet a certain sales goal even in emergency roadside. You can take all the tips they give you in training but ultimately you may not hit your goal. Turnover is extremely high and the long beach office management is so unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free classic membership
Cons
Unprofessional management, stressful job
Autoclub of Southern California is a Toxic Environment
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 19, 2018
The Autoclub of Southern of California can best described as top down, micromanaged, culture of fear, that force to pay average industry wages in order to maintain turnover. The IT department suffered 5 deaths out of 500 employees in a single year due to stress related illnesses.

I retired 10 years early to preserve my health both physical and mental. The average turnover rate is 60% in most departments. It is just not a good place to work.
Fun place to work
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 17, 2018
Working at AAA you learn many aspects of this job. Very diverse they employ the best people. They are very thorough with your training and growth knowledge
Pros
Great employee recognition, team builders
Cons
Sometimes stressful, very busy
Insurance Agent Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work if you handle your business, meaning, you conduct your self professionally & meet your goals ... sky is the limit. Managers are flexible and help you move to other areas fairly easy. Best of all the training here is absolutely the best. It’s tough but it is fun and you truly learn the sales process & it is lifelong. You never forget the training and you’re a better sales professional for going through it.
Pros
Many career options
Cons
Long hours can cut into work/life balance
Very Stressful micro-management style
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2018
My immediate Supervisor was absolutely outstanding. The management style of the general manager was stressful due to that person's style of micro-management. My clientele was wonderful and I enjoyed working with members and non-members offering excellent customer service.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
micro-management style
Great working environment at the beginning and then company began making changes on a regular basis and less compensation for the insurance agents
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 5, 2018
I began working for AAA starting October 2007 and was in training for six months and officially became an insurance agent on April 1st 2008. As the years go by half of my businesses are through referrals due to additional add ons of insurance agents from five agents when I started to currently nine agents
Pros
Unlimited potential incomes
Cons
Too many agents in an office, change in reduction in compensation, uncompetitive insurance premiums in comparison to other insurance carriers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automobile Club of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Automobile Club of Southern California.

Powered by Comparably