AutoNation Employee Reviews

Found 2,198 reviews matching the search See all 2,212 reviews
typical cutthroat busy auto repair shop
Used Car Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2019
outdoor repair shop with no coolers and salary is capped off very low. learned more in one year working there than three years working at a toyota dealership.
Pros
very easy going boss.
Cons
no swamp coolers and very low pay.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for this review. While we're happy to hear you were able to grow in your career while with us, we are disappointed to hear you didn't feel the working conditions were adequate. We will take your feedback into account and take actions accordingly.

Nice management, poor corporate feedback
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at Auto Nation. My coworkers and the sales management and general manager was very helpful and supportive. Corporate was the down fall. They treat you as a number on a spread sheet instead of a human being, constantly find ways to cut employee's pay, and find faults in your work even if your performing well.
Pros
Consistent pay, decent training, good support from staff
Cons
Pay plan was cut three times in two years.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. At AutoNation, we believe our employees are our most valuable asset and we try to implement a challenging, but enjoyable work experience within our company- including competitive pay for our associates. We appreciate your feedback on your time while with us, and will heed your concerns.

Depends on your personality
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 15, 2019
On one hand I liked the work of a service writer but it was extremely stressful. Training was not very through and you were thrown to the wolves pretty quickly. However, if could be exciting and interesting work and if you are an extrovert with a competitive streak it may be the job for you. You will work long hours and have little time to yourself outside of work.
Pros
Good compensation, interesting work
Cons
Long hours, stress
January 17, 2019

At AutoNation, we pride ourselves on providing an acceptable work-life balance. Thank you for your feedback, and while we agree that AutoNation is a job that requires a lot of hard work and dedication, it should never consistently interfere with an employee’s personal life. We ensure that your feedback is heard and will keep your advice in mind when moving forward.

Great Co-workers, but poor management
Used Car Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I'm not even sure where to start. I enjoyed working here when I first started, but in the fast year many things, company-wide, has gone downhill. Paid commission, and havent had a full paycheck in over 7 months due to no work and poor management.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for your honest review of our management. Here at AutoNation, we thrive on feedback from our employees and use the pros and cons to further provide structure to our company. If you feel that you are not being heard, send us a direct message and we will try and be of further assistance.

It’s a nice place till you start to work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I’ve been here at AutoNation for while I see people come and go it isn’t for everyone. If you don’t enjoy working on cars and hustling to get cars down this isn’t for you
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to make AutoNation a better place to work. Congratulations on your career at AutoNation!

Dont do it
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Working here was horrible. I was in there from sun up to sun down for very little pay. Working in a car dealership as a women is something I would not suggest to another woman.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not believe in any type of discrimination. If you feel your experience as a woman was unjust and merits investigation, we encourage you to reach out to us directly so we may take action.

Service Porter (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 11, 2019
No. This job is a no for careers. Lots of paperwork on everything. People are what makes everything possible for a decent atmosphere and enjoyable job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No one plans anything out.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for this review. We're sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your experience, and are committed to identifying workflow and process efficiencies to more effectively utilize our associate's time. Thanks for your feedback!

Great company and work Value
New Car Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Great Company to work for. They offer amazing weekend incentives and provide far beyond excellent customer service to their clients. I don't have any complaints from my length of time there.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends at select locations, support shown in charities, Great payment plan, reasonable work hours
January 17, 2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing positive things from our employees. Thank you for this review!

Profesional
VIP-SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toyota WestonJanuary 11, 2019
Excelente escuela de ventas, los procesos son muy profesionales
Pros
Profesionales
Cons
Tiempo libre
January 17, 2019

We much appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback!

HIgh Volume
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 10, 2019
Very fast paced, stressful work atmosphere. You're on the computer all day making invoices for orders. Prep packages to be sent to customers. Moving orders to delivery zones.
January 11, 2019

Thanks for reviewing us! AutoNation careers require a lot of hard work and dedication. However, we do not want the requirements to negatively impact our employees’ personal lives. We acknowledge your concern and thank you for the review!

Typical Corporation Dealership BS
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 10, 2019
I think they do a lot more hiring from the outside then they say, and then you get outside guys telling you to work your butt off for a company you have put more time in and effort and then they'll advance you.
January 11, 2019

Thanks for this review. We think of our people as our greatest asset, and we're disappointed to hear you didn't feel there were opportunities for advancement. We want all of our employees to pursue opportunities of advancement, and ensure your feedback is heard.

Alright place
Service Appointment Coordinator/Recall Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 9, 2019
It was an alright place for the moment Didn't love management, felt very cliquey and just need to move on to a different job. seemed to be all over the place and hard to keep steady in the ever changing magnet decisions
January 11, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. Store manager feedback is a key component in all decision-making processes and we thank you for your review.

Great Place to work
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I was a temp but it would have been nice to be hired permanently. I was hoping that would happen in the future but my position was eliminated when my boss was promoted.
January 11, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review us! We wish you all the best in future endeavors.

Watch your back
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 4, 2019
A fortune 500 company rife with peopke who will do whatever they have to do,lie cheat,steal in order to rise above @ anyones expense.

They will cut your pay often if you excel,and once you excel, they determine your excellence is less than the new norm. You complain, and they give you a book to read called "Who moved my cheese".

It's all about how people can put feathers in their cap's @ your expense in order to move up the ladder. Leadership is none the better for identifying it being they are all graduates of the ploy.
Pros
Many great people, who struggle to get a basic paycheck in exchange for less than market pay scale
Cons
Excel ????, Expect a 10% pay cut. Don't believe me ? Just try and see.
January 11, 2019

Thanks for this review. Our people are our biggest asset, and we truly believe we wouldn’t be the successful company we are without you. Your experience is not the experience we are striving to create for our associates. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback, and we will use your comments to help ensure the company moves forward in the right direction.

Auto Nation Honda
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Not a good place to work Management was very bad.
Fist Fighting employees on the job when company was open
There nothing about this company thats good
bad
bad
January 7, 2019

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Violence in the workplace is never acceptable at any of our locations. We are conducting a deeper investigation to address your concerns.

Ability to advance for yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I was able to learn new skills that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I've learned how to deal with people, negotiate, finance, and learn about cars and related things that I was not able to learn before hand. The amount of hours needed to spend there is ridiculous and got in the way of my personal life. 30 calls minimum were expected and selling 10 cars a month was below average. The people working there are fun people to hang around but can easily turn there backs on you. Its not a job for everyone and car salesman get a lot of flack for lying but that's usually not the case depending on who your salesperson is.
Pros
Opportunity to make a lot of money
Cons
Too much time
January 7, 2019

Thanks for this feedback. A sales career requires a lot of hard work and dedication. However, we do not want the requirements to negatively impact our employees’ personal lives. We acknowledge your concern and thank you for the review!

Good till you get settled.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Each day varies, usually its really slow and then business picks up in the afternoon.
Learned to be patient and have thick skin.
Enjoyable part is the coworkers who you work with from the estimators to the techs.
Other than that its a good learning experience in the auto industry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare, senior staff
January 7, 2019

Thank you for this feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Not the ideal place to work
Express lube technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 1, 2019
The management at the store is poor. The advancement is also very tiny with no organization or fair pay. A typical day at work is coming to the shop, clocking in and trying to get through the day without having a curveball hit you. I've learned not much but everything has been from my own teaching and not from any management. the people who work with you are good, the employees are nice and fun to work with but the management is not. The hardest part of the job is to not get aggravated through the day. The most enjoyable is having a breather away from the constant workload.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We encourage communication between employees and management when it comes to workload, and are disappointed to hear that you felt you could not rely on yours. We are striving to create new solutions and your feedback is appreciated.

Became more of a number rather than an employee
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 1, 2019
During 4 years of growth, I’ve realized that bending backwards for a publicly traded company is that you are just a number. They do not care about your personal life, holidays and work life balance. And it doesn’t help having a micromanaging GM who AutoNation is blinded to see is the problem and root cause of a 156% turn over rate in the store in the last 20 months. Pay plan is terrible and not morale boosting. Pay plan puts managers against sales associates as they are paid gross vs units. Health care is also very expensive and not worth is it you have many kids. Only seems to be worth it if you have cancer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience with AutoNation did not meet your expectations. While AutoNation is a job that requires a lot of hard work and dedication, it should never consistently interfere with an employee’s personal life, especially their family. We ensure that your feedback is heard and will keep your advice in mind when moving forward.

Need more support inorder to be successful.
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2018
Good place to work but has management issues to be addressed. Positive work environment but with high turnover.
Service Department was in need of new management, this happened shortly before I resigned.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Descending salary with less than staff than required to be successful.
January 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Store manager feedback is a key component in all decision-making processes and we thank you for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoNation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight