AutoNation Employee Reviews

Good environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Very slow pace work, training here was excellent. Overall a great starting dealership to begin your automotive career. Company has great benefits along with many stores to grown within.
Fast paced an competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Fast paced and competitive environment that rewards those who work hard and are diligent. Can be somewhat stressful and heavily influenced by economic factors.
Depressing and Slow
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 19, 2018
Management was more or less fine in the beginning, but over the course of 2 years, it has driven customers away and with it the work required for technicians to make money. From my understanding, a lot of fault falls at the dealer level. However, corporate has been lowering labor times to the point that they are below what it actually takes to complete the job, and lowering labor times in the few repairs technicians can recuperate the money lost from other repairs. Overall, when corporate lower labor times, the dealer raise labor rates, and management can't hire quality service advisors customers are going elsewhere and technicians and advisors can't earn a paycheck.

A typical day can be spent sitting around waiting for work to flow in or performing oil changes all day. Good luck upselling anything with all new inexperienced service advisors.
Retail Automotive Sales
Retail Automotive Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
We Prospect for business, demonstrate a product, bring an offer to the table, then prep vehicle selection for delivery...the follow-up over time. Its really that simple!
Pros
Being in full-control of your paycheck.
Cons
Long hours.
Empty Promises
Parts Counterman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
They give you incentive bonuses but you never actually see them. But thats how they buy you into working their salary that doesnt actually pay what you would like/expect.
Long hours and little pay
Tech counter sales (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 17, 2018
Never work there if you can prevent it. Autonation in general is a shady company. Managers dont care and employees slack off alot. I bougth a truck from them and cant get a salesman to call me or service to schedule an apointment. Its like puling teeth.
Horrible place to work
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 17, 2018
I worked at Autonation for abou a year as a director of finance. It was with out a doubt one of the worst work experiences for me. Work load was a lot the store was a revolving door for sales and finance managers the culture was very negative and the general manager was extremely unpleasant and micro managed everything in addition pay for the work put in was extremely low

I would highly advise anyone to think twice before working at Autonation
Horrible training
Identity and access administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2018
You are just a number in big corporation. Nobody really care about you. However, they will compare you with others. There is no any direct, communication. No leader, no boss in FL office.
The biggest problem is lack of uniform and clear training!! Noone guide you from A-Z. Is just chaos ,information is served in pieces. Huge rotation of employees. Many people work, many people leave! One day you are in , other day you are out.. that's how contractor works in Autonation .
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Horrible training
Coworkers great and very knowledgeable.
Service (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHSeptember 13, 2018
work is either slow or steady. issues are no raises have been given in many years due to Union contract not being able to be settled on companies side .
Good company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Great company to work for that helps you advance e and learn. Only working In the arizona market but love it there with great support from corporate. Give them a try
A great environment to to be easily motivated with a hustling spirit.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89104September 12, 2018
AutoNation Honda taught me a great deal of lifelong, useful office responsibilities. There were a plethora of mentors I not only learned from but who also inspired me to work my hardest in a fast paced environment.
Pros
a great team work ethic
Cons
no career advancement
Middle and upper management are disconnected from reality
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 11, 2018
Worked as a service advisor for VW store then transferred to Audi. Was the top producer and highest paid advisors in our group. Nothing I did was ever going to be enough, never believed in the direction of the service manager. She would yell profanities in the service drive and try to demoralize anyone who stood in her way. Customers noted her abusive actions on surveys and complained to upper management to no avail. All management I worked with was subpar and I’d never work for AutoNation again.
Cons
wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 11, 2018
I just had a completely bad experience all around. No time for family, talked down on by management, mishandling of paychecks, work drama, an absurd amount of salesman on the floor.
AutoNation is a great company with great benefits and all. There is a lot a diversity, great managers.
Service Receptionists/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538September 11, 2018
There’s are some great opportunities to keep moving up.
The people are amazing to work with.
The pay here is very reasonable.
Many people come here from a very long distance.
Too many Hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Worked to many hours for to litle income plus leave kids alone for a whole year.

Overall, good enviroment, nice people, but no family or motherhood time.
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Excesive hopurs
working at autonation
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 8, 2018
it was on okay job. i would recommend it to someone else. they didn't have much personal contact. maybe too much corporate. if they got more involved with day to day operations, could be great.
work at Autonation
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Typical work day starts at 7 am work 5-6 days a week very stressful but learned to deal with it and multi task. Management not helpful for most part and do not have your back. Workplace culture is good among work mates and we all get along well. Hardest part is constant judgement of everything you do and being blamed for things that have nothing to do with you or your job. The most enjoyable is the friends you meet and work with that are my co workers.
Pros
good deals on purchase of vehicles
Cons
expensive healthcare
Official response from AutoNation
September 10, 2018

Thank you for giving us insight into your experience with AutoNation. Our goal is to create a challenging yet enjoyable work environment where our associates feel valued. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was unpleasant at times, and we appreciate your honest review of our management. Here at AutoNation, we thrive on feedback from our employees and use the pros and cons to further provide structure to our company. If you feel that you are not being heard, send a direct message to your local HR Representative so that we can be of further assistance.

chill environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 7, 2018
lots of paperwork and organizing ,friendly co workers, quiet for the most part, making sure everything is in order for the next shift or following day
Numbers driven company
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Keep up with expectations and get paid. Great people and a good philosophy once you buy in to it. Advancement from within is excellent especially in management.
Official response from AutoNation
September 10, 2018

Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our associates, our most values assets, are happy! Thanks for your feedback!

Relaxed work environment
Porter (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 6, 2018
I come in at 7am and leave at 4pm to go to my part-time job and my managers are very understanding and are willing to work with me to keep my schedule flowing smoothly.
There are even days I may go over my time but with a proper reason, am not reprimanded for it
Pros
Relaxed, Great pay, Great Benefits
Cons
The occasional rude customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoNation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.