AutoNation Employee Reviews

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search See all 1,307 reviews
good atmospher
Technician (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 16, 2018
great place to work if youre willing to put up with long hot hours and a ticket dispatch system that is flawed. technicians here can absolutely make a living. as long as you are willing to wait for tenor to start getting tickets that bring your hour count up.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
ridiculous dispatch provedures
Horrible place to work
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 15, 2018
This is a place that will work you to death and not care about you. They don't want to train you to do your job or give you the tools you need. They are quick to get rid of you for lies
They need to be more concern of their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDJuly 15, 2018
There is a great need for leadership and in house promotions. There is no regard to the employees personal life's or their families. When the weather is bad enough for the city to shut down you are expected to be at work regardless of the dangers.
Disfunctional management and now work/life balance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
No good ethics here and it started at the top. Also, they do not allow for a good work/life balance. This is a very dysfunctional company to work for and not recommended.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FloridaJuly 13, 2018
Great communication between managers and sellers, respectful, kindness.
I learn to keep pushing everything to get your goal.
Pros
Easy to get car for your own.
Cons
There is no weekends free
Terrible
New Vehicle Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 13, 2018
I had a bad experience, from the management on down. Didn't give bonuses, cold calling, micro-management and lost deals. Most of the day is spent standing around outside or calling customers that put you on the blocklist.
fun workplace with good people to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 11, 2018
Autonation is a well organized place with great management. It has provided me a product that I can be proud of selling. Autonation has also taught me to be self efficient because of the low stress from my superiors. I would recommend autonation to anyone looking to better their career,
No comment
Lead Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2018
An automotive retailer that's been around for a number of years. I've seen lots of change within the organization. Pay isn't consistent with the market.
A very energetic place to work & grow (outside of Technology Department)
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are not in the Tech field. Technology (IT\Telecom) prefers to outsource or contract out work rather than hire in.
Pros
Family Environment (Company)
Cons
Departmental Management Failures
no advancement bad pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85201July 10, 2018
theres no room for advancement and the pay is way to low, they pay twice monthly its a public owned company very corporate. no communication with in the company its self.
Personally did not enjoy it
Service Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 10, 2018
I feel in any work place I shouldn't be so stressed about getting fired cause I couldn't complete one task on top of the 6 I had to do that took up majority of my time during the day
Pros
we got free ice cream and lunch and my bestfriend worked there
Cons
stressful for no reason
Good Place to Work
Web Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 10, 2018
Nice people committed to doing their job. They need to keep up with the times and provide days to work from home. That's the main con. Work areas are noisy and unefficient at times. Overall though a good place to work.
Made lots of money
FLEET DIRECTOR/FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2018
But little life/work balance. Some great people worked here, but also revolving door store. Many think only the shareholders matter here... that’s probably a true statement from some perspective’s. It was a good 5 year run for me.
Compensation/development structure not motivational for a strong sales team
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Compensation/development/operation structure not motivational for a strong sales team.
Organizational structure to top heavy/pay structure. Sales training is great. Operation not very organized....
Horid Management & Minuscule Compensation
Express Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 7, 2018
Paycheck barely covers cost of living & expenses, currently drowning. Management is the biggest joke, no overtime or raise cuts into their bottom line.
Pros
Guys in the shop are cool
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, poor management, poorly maintained equipment
Good Place to work
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 6, 2018
Good place to work. Plenty of opportunity for lateral moves in the automotive industry, with upward movement being a bit more difficult. Management proved to be non-traditional in the time I had there, but since has been changed out.
Good environment and lovable management
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 5, 2018
Although the hours were long. Autonation gave me the opportunity to become a better salesman. The pay was definitely great. Talking to the managers were never difficult even the GM himself
Excellent Company
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 5, 2018
Sales Consultation. Demonstrating vehicles. Vast knowledge and education programs on vehicles and information to relevant job position. Very fun environment.
If you have a desire to be broke then your in the right place
Service Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2018
I don’t have any thing bad to say about the management but you better get it in writing before you leave your current job. The service advisor position is a fast pace position with that being said one would only think that if you are writing 25 to 30 customers a day that you would be making $$ wrong!!
If you don’t know the name of the game then you’re going to get the shaft. I will sum it up.... here if you are a new person you will have to build your own clientele and that is going to take you a year or more to do it. 2nd should you make any of the employees of CCC or BDC mad then you are in double trouble. Also if your CSI score is below the Market Average here comes 20% off your money. So what they don’t explain to you is all of the things that can affect your $$$. When you come for the interview and you ask what is the pay scale you won’t know that until the first day of employment. Now I can tell you that yes you can make 10G a month here. But the ones making it have been there 12 years or the least amount of time is someone who has at least been there 3 years. So you will be writing all the 5K 10K & 20,25K services and you’re lucky to get a chance to write a car that has more than 50K on it because if you happen to catch one on the service lane, we’ll let’s say that more than likely it’s been seen by an advisor that’s been there a few years and guess what.... even if the customer is coming in unannounced with out a appointment.... you will have to give it to the advisor that has seen them in the past. Doesn’t matter if it has been 5 years since the customer has been in.
  more... You still lose it. So welcome to the world of bend over and get it in your————-!!!!  less
Pros
Come in at 6:30am and listen to another advisor telling what he ate for dinner every day
Cons
Working 6:30am to 6pm 5 days a week no lunch bre
autonation cadillac
FINANCE SPECIALIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 3, 2018
was great place to work very lucrative environment managers on the used side where much better than the managers on the new side not to mention there standards was much better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoNation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight