AutoNation

AutoNation Employee Reviews

United States2,950 reviews
Found 2,950 reviews matching the search
Featured review
AutoNation selected this as a representative review
Fun work place
Very helpful employess, fast paced job, lots of benefits, flexable hours. Management is great and very helpful. hardest part of the job, was possibly working the 2nd shift which was until midnight
Pros
Free Lunch on saturdays
Cons
possible shifts till midnight
February 21, 2020
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and for the hard work you put in at your time with AutoNation. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Worst place to develop and work
Working at AutoNation? Don't even bother trying. Management does not help you. When you seek help, even the GM, they barely help you. Out of the 4 managers and the gm I work with. Only 1 will help me succeed and it is the used car manager. The other managers will sit at the tower and play games on their phones (even the gm) and yell at you if you don't sell anything that day. It also does not help that they give you the sense that they are going to fire you. It also is stupid that all the sales associates are telling each other that they plan to get out. Even me, I am plan on getting out. I am not going to stay with a company who will screw your commission pay and give you answers like "I don't know what happened to your pay" when I sell at least 15 cars a month and I am losing money. Even when I asked them a question, they say I don't know. Like seriously, your a manager and you can't help me out. Let me tell you, this whole company is not honest, is not supportive, it is nothing but lazy managers. I think the CEO needs to do her job and actually train managers or hire managers that are supportive and are leaders.
Profit and stockholders OVER Employees, Quality, Consistancy everytime
DO MORE WITH LESS is the AutoNation motto. Failing computers, outdated applications, poor quality. Not to mention hiring chronic drug users and people who can't drive stick...at a dealership. You are punished for wanting to work. They reduce staff THEN tell you to only work 40hrs in a 12hr a day business, while cutting the staff. All they care about is their own paychecks at the top end AT the expense of their employees that actually EARN that money for them. Working at Auto Nation is truly embarrassing and demoralizing. The absolutely WORST programs and concepts come from Autonation, and when it fails it will be your fault. Regardless of the fact that ZERO time or attention was spent beta testing. The AutoGear program is a joke at best. The application, the follow through, the support, all poor. MULTIPLE systems put in place when only one is needed. Everything about Autonation is over-complicated and over engineered and at the end of the day does not work. The Precision Parts program is garbage, the Autonation own brand of parts. By far the worst quality and craftsman ship is who they use to make their parts. But again it's all only about their profit. Clearly it's not about their quality or their reputation for trustworthy parts. The accounting department and SSC is run by the most inept people that were fired as greeters from Walmart for incompetence. When accounting doesn't pay their bills, departments suffer and greatly all because they can't do their jobs, which is monthly. They most things around or delete accounts and some how it's the dealership level - more...
Good management, smiling faces
I enjoyed working here as each day I was greeted by most with smiles. The pay rate was fair and management was understanding, but also strict. I would work here again.
May 22, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value your time on our team and wish you the best in future employment!
This job is demanding and you need to have a good work ethic to be successful. It's a family like feeling with the coworker because you work extremely long hours with them!
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback on work-life balance. While AutoNation is a job that requires a lot of hard work and dedication, it should never consistently interfere with an employee’s personal life. We ensure that your feedback is heard and will keep your advice in mind when moving forward.
Don't.
management is terrible. constantly talking down to you. degrade you and make you feel like you are terrible and should just go home and stop wasting their time. 10/10 would not recommend
May 19, 2020
Thank you for this review of our management. When we hire managers at AutoNation, we pride ourselves on selecting individuals with leadership qualities that we believe will help our branches run smoothly. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us, and appreciate your time in reviewing us.
Productive and fun place to work.
Great place to work. The company offered a good culture and work environment. The opportunity to work in multiple locations provided great experience that helped me get other opportunities.
May 11, 2020
We’re happy to hear about your experience with AutoNation! Thank you for taking the time to review our company.
Ambiente de trabajo muy pesado, buena paga
El ambiente de trabajo es bien pesado, no tratan bien a los vendedores, parecen estar pensando que viven en los 70, la paga es buena. Si estas sin trabajo y necesitas un buen salario y no te importa ser insultado todo el dia, este es el trabajo.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for this review. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our company culture and pay structure. We want our employees to enjoy where they work, and have heeded your concerns.
Unfair
not treated fairly, service adviser give tickets to their specified technicians no one had an equal opportunity to get tickets, tickets often given to specific techs leaving others with hardly any work and not gaining hours
May 1, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value professionalism in the workplace and try to facilitate open communication with our employees to avoid feelings of favoritism. AutoNation encourages its managers to treat associates fairly and equally, and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
Fun and fast past environment
Management was easy to get along with and the direction given to me was clear and concise. The culture was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sales process.
May 1, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We are glad you love AutoNation as much as we do!
Relaxed but non competent PMO
Most of the portfolio managers and senior project managers had no real experience with Agile. There was more time spent covering up old messes than efforts towards the MVP. Portfolio managers tried to be sneaky about not knowing how to utilize the PPM tools. It could have been a better experience if leadership was transparent and utilized people like myself to lead as an Agile coach instead of just managing doomed projects. The same political game as everywhere else in South Florida.
May 1, 2020
Thank you for your honest review of our management. Here at AutoNation, we thrive on feedback from our employees and use the pros and cons to further provide structure to our company. We will carefully review and take your concerns into consideration.
Productive and Fun but long hours and work weeks.
Love this place. Most of the people feel like family cause you see them that much. The schedule needs some working on but this is a great place to work. I encourage anyone who wants to learn how to sell cars, work at this place.
May 1, 2020
Nothing makes us happier than hearing positive things from our employees. Thank you for this review!
Just a number
No loyalty lots of backstabbing only care about company agenda. To corporate and out of touch. Autonation definitely does not care about you as a person. I made a great living and wage.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Under the microscope, corporate idiots. Untrustworthy. Long hours
April 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our employees are our most valuable asset at AutoNation and we try to implement a challenging, but enjoyable work experience within our company. We will keep this feedback in mind moving forward.
Not a professional working environment
Glad for the opportunity to work at AutoNation. Working environment was not professional. That’s all I have to say about this company. Hopefully the work environment has changed for the better.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for this review. When we hire managers at AutoNation, we pride ourselves on selecting individuals with professional leadership qualities that we believe will help our branches run smoothly. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us, and thank you for taking the time to review us.
Never again
If you want to be treated like a slave then feel free to work for them. Too much favoritism. If you’re not part of the “Crew” you become an outsider and neglected
April 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We value professionalism in the workplace and try to facilitate open communication with our employees to avoid feelings of favoritism. AutoNation encourages its managers to treat associates fairly and equally, and we thank you for this review.
Stress free workplace
Toyota is a good place to work for. usually my day at Toyota start with making sure that i have everything I need to do my work and get to work as soon as i get there. For me Toyota is a stress free work place. I learn everyday how to be a model for other. The manager are real laid back and do their best to help the workers there. Culture there is really good According to me. The hardest part of the job is the work area because it's not made for the work we're doing in it. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
April 22, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience being part of the AutoNation team! We appreciate your feedback in regards to our company culture. We want our employees to enjoy where they work, and have heeded your concerns.
new experience everyday
Good sales experience. interacting with a diverse customer base will help you sharpen your skills. After probationary period its full commission. No base pay.
April 22, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to make AutoNation a better place to work.
productive and fun workplace
between 8 -12 hour workday making call cold and hot prospect calls on previous customers also taking walk-ins. Management was great to work with and constantly learning new techniques on closing tactics.
Pros
Learning the NEW and USED car industry
Cons
time away from my family
April 22, 2020
Thank you for your feedback- we're happy to hear you enjoyed your management team! However, while AutoNation is a job that requires a lot of hard work and dedication, it should never consistently interfere with an employee’s personal life and time with family. We ensure that your feedback is heard and will keep your advice in mind when moving forward.
Great middle and upper management
The company tries very hard to balance work/family time.
The pay is above the average in this area of northern Virginia.

The company has a very good training system.
Look elsewhere
Coworkers are good to work with but management is a joke. This dealership has been through many managers and still can't seem to get things together. God forbid you have a family to deal with. I got in trouble for have to take my special needs child to many doctor appointments in one month. Not family friendly at all.
April 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback on management. When we hire managers at AutoNation, we pride ourselves on selecting individuals with leadership qualities that we believe will help our branches run smoothly. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us, and thank you for this review.
Terrible Auto Group
I've been in automotive for over a decade and they are largest dealer group in the country. I have no idea how after working for them. Pay plan is weak. If you've been in the industry for awhile, this is not the place for you. If you're young and don't know any better, and have zero relationships this is not the place for you to improve your life standing.
I was lured with the promise of helping fix a broken store and advancement. Once I got to work, I saw why it was broken. Their corporate policy prevents fixing it. Based on interacting with customers and other people, they all agreed, AutoNation sucks. Avoid them at all costs.
April 17, 2020
Thank you for this feedback. We want all of our employees to pursue opportunities of advancement and be compensated fairly. We are constantly looking to our employees to help us create a better employee experience, and truly appreciate your feedback.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoNation. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AutoNation.