Autopart International Employee Reviews

Es mui buen trabajo
Nanue (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Es seguro mui buen trabajo Megusta porke es serca demi ruta
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
No dedcanso para tomar cafe
New leadership
Asst. Store manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 16, 2018
The company has a good following in the northern states. Breaking into the market down in the Philly area is tough. Always go go go. The lower level employees are fun.
Fun
Driver/counter (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work. No bull. Good people, I drove an did counter my boss was good guy understanding, was easy job. But you worked............ not hard
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No advancement
not a good place to work
Receiving/warehouse/quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJuly 27, 2018
Most racist company ever. Very little opportunity for advancement if you are not Hispanic. Also many rules are only enforced part of the time or with certain employees.
I liked this postion and the people I work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 25, 2018
I have enjoyed this job, except for the commute.
Initially I was offered a job near home, but asked to work in Portland for 6 months then I would be transferred to Somersworth, NH. Due to company management changes and other factors, this never happened.
Cons
long commute and long hours (50-60 hours per week)
Job security is a plus.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 25, 2018
Hours are out of hand but good place to work. Each store has its own way of being run. It's a fast paced place to work. Great job for retired people that are looking for alittle spending money.
easy going work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHJuly 20, 2018
Answer calls, assist customers, drink coffee and have a lot of laughs. Daily work consists of answering and making calls to customers as well directing driver for the best routs possible and inter company meets.
Pros
good people
Cons
can be stressful at times
Great opportunities to advance
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAJuly 6, 2018
I was there for about a year and a half, the typical work day involves getting in touch with the field and check on their sales performance via the daily and weekly performance trackers. Durign the course of the month there are many meetings in senior leadership to discuss the progress of the stores at point of sale and also on internal campaigns to drive up sales numbers. It's a very compact company where the vertical ladder stretches only so far, and talking to the higher ups involves only knocking on their door rather than having to route through HR or some middle branch. There is an expectation to get thigns done but not at a fast paced level. In saying such there are opportunities to improve on the company brand and image such as boosting morale during valleys and keeping the company current on peaks. I enjoyed my time working there even though there were some individuals who definitely had more demands out of the team and the group, but those are easily work around.
Pros
Commute and community feeling
Cons
Benefits could be better to be on par with parent.
Fun and friendly environment
Auto parts manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2018
Great company to work for
.very family oriented everyone got along like family
there's always opportunity for advancement
Overall one of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
Discount on auto parts
This was a very good company to work for and i would again if i had the oppurtunity
Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 29, 2018
The job required on time delivery of auto parts to repair facilities and dealerships it was required of the delivery driver to always check the accuracy of the parts being delivered against the order slips to insure less mistakes and keep the customers happy
Pros
Management treated the employees very good
Cons
I really cannot think of anything, the job was great and the management was excellent
Good job made difficult
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2018
The theme these days are do more with less. Instead of hiring the staff we use to have to crank out huge sales numbers they expect less staff to beat those numbers.I work from either 50 to 70 hours a week trying to do more with less. When I ask for help its "we don't have the payroll" but then want to know why our numbers are off. Its basically pizza delivery of auto parts but with not enough staff to answer the phone or deliver.
Difficult depending on department, a little behind on competitive pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJune 12, 2018
A little bit behind the times on competitive pay, completely lacking in incentive programs compared to other warehouses in the surrounding areas.
Some departments more difficult than others, all base pay is the same regardless of function (ie: machine operators, non operators).

Management recently has greatly improved over the last 5 years, but corporate does not budge on issues that seem to be generally agreed upon otherwise.

Good attendance and the ability to meet standard necessary.
Pros
team member atmosphere, machine training, paid vacation
Cons
unpaid lunches, base team member work week is 37.5 hours, owned by a larger corporate entity that has a focus on numbers over quality.
Low pay, but easy job
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Windham, CTJune 10, 2018
This is a great job for folks who are retired, but feel the need to keep busy. Don't count on it making you enough money to advance in life, but if you've got a pension, it can be a nice little supplement.

I've worked here for 5 years, now, and the only raises I've received were when the state minimum wage went up. Part time work confers no benefits, but full-time gets PTO and medical benefits.

The duties aren't terribly difficult, just deliver parts, stock the shelves, and try to look busy if the district manager comes in.

Cars are monitored on GPS, which can get irritating, but can also be in your benefit if someone else hits you or something.

I guess my biggest complaint about this job is not being paid enough, and my second biggest complaint is the other people on the roads.
Pros
Easy job, flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
intresting
Delivery Driver NEPA (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 7, 2018
drove auto parts threw the nepa area and picked up used automotive cores, organized warehouse of auto parts during times when auto parts were delivered with a lot of fun and interesting coworkers
Great Place to work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 4, 2018
Great Company with great leadership and the autonomy to run your business. I would recommend Autopart international to anyone in the automotive aftermarket looking for a great company to join.
Has some growing pains
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAApril 29, 2018
Lots of changes and growth as the company was acquired by Advance Auto Parts. There is an unbalanced approach to management. Culture is "ok" but varies greatly based on who you talk to. Some execs are GREAT, others are terrible. Superior service model for customers in the field. Just behind the times in many practices (technology, sales, HR integration, strategic planning).
fun, family
Muffler Pulling Leader (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAApril 26, 2018
Was a good place to work and they help you on everything you need.

but the only thing is they don't pay enough and they give .10 cents raise per year.

one time i received .10 cents raise after .25 cents.
Pros
Employees party every summer
Cons
two 15 minutes brakes and one 30 minutes
Each place is different, some are run excellent, others not
Driver 1 (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 12, 2018
Started out as a decent place to work then thinks changed. Employees who had been there longer found out that new hires were paid more, then a new hire was promoted with a increase in pay but decided not to follow through however kept increase.
The sad thing is part time employees put in 30-40 hrs. a week which is more than the full time employees.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
Management from Top Down
Good place for part time work!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at API. Management was great and the people I worked with were top notch! The pay was fair at the time and the hours were flexible. All in all a good company to work part time for.
William wood
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2018
Drive a and around the country to deliver the parts. washing the cars, gas the cars, to find the customer place to deliver the prodectoctiomn. ise you people
Pros
Cons
hearfisrt