Autopart International Employee Reviews

Not worth it, do not apply
Driver 1 (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 16, 2019
In my experience, Autopart International is typically a cool and chill place to work depending on your managers. However in Waterbury, CT it is CUT-THROAT. You cannot pick your own hours. You will ALWAYS be a closer. "MUST" work Saturdays. Pressure from the managers AND the District Manager as his office is also located inside the store. Warehouse inventory will have you thinking you are a slave. Pallets among pallets of inventory with no help from fellow coworkers. Only to finish up, if you finish up on Saturday, just to be greeted with MORE inventory on Monday. Your only real way to enjoy this job is once you are on a delivery is to take your sweet time heading to the shop and heading back to the store. Kudos to those who can endure being micromanaged, but after working for 4 years for this company, not once I have ever received a raise. Working for $10.10 an hour. ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT for the amount of work one has to do. It's supposed to be an easy job but ONLY if management and coworkers DO what they are supposed to do.
Pros
Cons
Pay | Management | Inventory
Excellent work environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYDecember 20, 2018
Hamburg, NY location.
The manager, and assistant manager are wonderful to work for. Extremely helpful, and knowledgeable management is 5 stars. Employee discounts on merchandise is helpful for the do it yourself kind of person. Full time benefits include health insurance, and the like, but is costly. All employees are friendly, and easy to get along with. This is a perfect job for someone who is retired. Entry level compensation could be better, but for part time work it's not bad.
Pros
Management, employee discounts.
Cons
Expensive health insurance, low pay.
Low pay, but easy job
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Windham, CTJune 10, 2018
This is a great job for folks who are retired, but feel the need to keep busy. Don't count on it making you enough money to advance in life, but if you've got a pension, it can be a nice little supplement.

I've worked here for 5 years, now, and the only raises I've received were when the state minimum wage went up. Part time work confers no benefits, but full-time gets PTO and medical benefits.

The duties aren't terribly difficult, just deliver parts, stock the shelves, and try to look busy if the district manager comes in.

Cars are monitored on GPS, which can get irritating, but can also be in your benefit if someone else hits you or something.

I guess my biggest complaint about this job is not being paid enough, and my second biggest complaint is the other people on the roads.
Pros
Easy job, flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
Great opportunities to advance
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAJuly 6, 2018
I was there for about a year and a half, the typical work day involves getting in touch with the field and check on their sales performance via the daily and weekly performance trackers. Durign the course of the month there are many meetings in senior leadership to discuss the progress of the stores at point of sale and also on internal campaigns to drive up sales numbers. It's a very compact company where the vertical ladder stretches only so far, and talking to the higher ups involves only knocking on their door rather than having to route through HR or some middle branch. There is an expectation to get thigns done but not at a fast paced level. In saying such there are opportunities to improve on the company brand and image such as boosting morale during valleys and keeping the company current on peaks. I enjoyed my time working there even though there were some individuals who definitely had more demands out of the team and the group, but those are easily work around.
Pros
Commute and community feeling
Cons
Benefits could be better to be on par with parent.
fun, family
Muffler Pulling Leader (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAApril 26, 2018
Was a good place to work and they help you on everything you need.

but the only thing is they don't pay enough and they give .10 cents raise per year.

one time i received .10 cents raise after .25 cents.
Pros
Employees party every summer
Cons
two 15 minutes brakes and one 30 minutes
I liked this postion and the people I work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 25, 2018
I have enjoyed this job, except for the commute.
Initially I was offered a job near home, but asked to work in Portland for 6 months then I would be transferred to Somersworth, NH. Due to company management changes and other factors, this never happened.
Cons
long commute and long hours (50-60 hours per week)
Difficult depending on department, a little behind on competitive pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJune 12, 2018
A little bit behind the times on competitive pay, completely lacking in incentive programs compared to other warehouses in the surrounding areas.
Some departments more difficult than others, all base pay is the same regardless of function (ie: machine operators, non operators).

Management recently has greatly improved over the last 5 years, but corporate does not budge on issues that seem to be generally agreed upon otherwise.

Good attendance and the ability to meet standard necessary.
Pros
team member atmosphere, machine training, paid vacation
Cons
unpaid lunches, base team member work week is 37.5 hours, owned by a larger corporate entity that has a focus on numbers over quality.
Great work environment. Great cast of managers.
Dispatcher/warehouse manager/ parts driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 4, 2018
Great environmental work place, u can almost not go home angry at least I don't. This job is more based for disability applicants as P/T n do not recommend trying F/T position, bcuz there isn't. N the pay is lousy. Upper management make sure they get paid, but not their employees!
relaxed, but fast-paced at times
Driver II (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAMarch 22, 2018
management was friendly.
most days were relaxed.
compensation was lacking.
average day included parts inventory, delivery, and order processing.
flexible hours usually
Decent has it's plus and minus
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 17, 2017
Company undergoing mom and pop style to corporate structure. It was bought out by a major chain so all the perks are being erased.
It pays on the higher side compared to the competition stores close 6 pm so no night shift. Counter people stay on the phones 85 to 90% of the day with 2 - 4 people and the rest drivers. Most of the staff get along and between the stores and some of the most knowledgeable people I've worked with thus far. The credit department great group to work with Even the drivers more so on the older side but they bring knowledge of the roads, areas, people, shops, and overall just great guys and women. I think they could be paid more based on being the backbone of the company and the amazing thing I see them do on a daily basis. This is my opinion based on my life needs and overall the people really do make the company a decent place to work for would i do it again yes.
Pros
People, pay, benefits
Cons
life work balance
Fast paced, but low wage
Driver (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 11, 2018
I like the job delivering to the local area. They helped me when I really needed it, so I can't say much bad about the company. The manager of the store is very knowledgeable, and the other people there are very friendly. The schedule is somewhat flexible too.
Pros
Discounts, drive company vehicle
Cons
Short break, only part time status, no overtime
People were great
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norton, MANovember 17, 2018
The good people who work at Autopart International is what made working there great. The company supports good morale booster events and fun things like Halloween Costume Contests, a big summer outing for families in the parking lot every year, and other smaller events within the office.
Great comfortable place to work
Store manager (Current Employee) –  NjDecember 28, 2017
Very good employer love working in the company and always have support needed to succeed always room for advancement great benefits and time off vacation sick
Pros
Chances for bonus
Cons
Salary employees set schedules
This was a very good company to work for and i would again if i had the oppurtunity
Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 29, 2018
The job required on time delivery of auto parts to repair facilities and dealerships it was required of the delivery driver to always check the accuracy of the parts being delivered against the order slips to insure less mistakes and keep the customers happy
Pros
Management treated the employees very good
Cons
I really cannot think of anything, the job was great and the management was excellent
Very friendly place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, MADecember 16, 2018
I’ve never had a bad day at this job. Everyone is friendly doesn’t overload you with deliveries and makes sure everyone gets home on time. There are many drivers so deliveries are spaced out.
kinda overwelming and stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MENovember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was faced pace and busy alot of multitasking and driving around.

learned about parts

the management was okay

no hard part of the job

the most enjoyable part of my job was the bond of my consumers and being able to interact with different people
Pros
discount on parts
Cons
low salary and no benefits
was ok to work there
District support specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2018
was ok place to work though too much stress within the typical warehouse. co workers constantly griping and complaining about doing the simplest of tasks
Productive fun place to work with good co-workers / management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Autopart International. I enjoy driving and being able to listen to music on my way to the location and having relaxed supervisor
It's a Job
Assistant Store (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTDecember 10, 2018
The company seems to have a sell-your-soul mentality - they work you had and don't give you the staff you need all under the name of "economy." Not a fan.
Friendly
Part delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 8, 2018
That is part time and temporary work for me.I enjoyed working with them.The work environment is completely friendly and collaborative.no one stressd me
Pros
Cooperation
Cons
Non