AutoZone

AutoZone Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Can get somewhat hectic, but is for the most part laid back. Can teach a lot about car parts. Friendly hard working staff. Starting pay is low, however.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low starting pay
* the hardest part of my job, was delivering all the parts* helping customers, when not delivering* selling to garage...I, went tooGreat experience!
Pros
Close to my home; 37-40 per week
Management sucks. They don’t care about your personal life. No much room for advancement. Only thing good are the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Long hours, short staff, management
Poorly staffed, poorly stocked, promises broken when goals are achieved. Basically a shady company. Hard work not recognized. Company fosters a culture of corruption.
Pros
Might get lucky with a decent store manager
Cons
Bad upper management. No rewards for good work.
I've been with this company over a year. I love my store manager. My district manager is terrible. They refuse to do their job so our store is constantly understaffed and struggling. All our of our part time people are working full time hours with out full time benefits. We can't have any personal life outside of work.
Pros
The people in my store are amazing
Cons
No life. No real management that cares.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Company perception of employee’s job functions are not real life. Most upper level managers never worked in a retail store. They do not know what it takes to get the job done. Cut hours, reduce staffing, make it hard to fulfill demands.
Pros
Meet a lot of wonderful people
Cons
All about profit!!!!!!
I had a great manager, work was faced past, and not to strenuous. The was a little to competitive at times. Needs better training and prepypreparation
Pros
Manager, staff, competitive
Cons
Better work conditions, and more pay.
Like every customer service job it's only hard if you make it hard. Yes you face challenges but that's because no two customers are the same so you must take that approach
Nice place to work I am the type of person that takes my job Serious and I do not beat around the bush which other people do some time not me If I am in the middle of doing a Job I get the job done correctly
Interesting experience Very good company to work for Appreciate the opportunity Very glad to have worked at Autozone Taught me a lot about the auto parts business
What I don’t like and don’t like about the job was doing overnight delivery driving three hours there to drop off the auto parts and driving three hours back and being extremely tired getting there and going back that’s the only downside. Safer bumping into a shelf then a back of a semi.
Autozone cares about money only. Will work you into the ground and give nothing in return. Lots of promises and very low pay. What more can I say. Stay away from this company.
The work environment is horrible. The policy allows people to walk over the employees and treat them terrible, and all they ever have to do is call corporate.
AutoZone is a great company to work with. the opportunity for promotion is always available. The management support has always been great. AutoZone also provides a good training program.
If you still want to be consequenced for taking off for something that is out of your control, then be my guest, work for the company. If this will bother you, then steer well clear because they really dont care about the employee personal life, all they care about is keeping the store open.
This is an easy job that I would recommend to anyone looking for a relatively easy part time gig. Knowledge and/or like of cars is a plus, but I knew a few people that didn't know much or anything about cars and still did well in the job (one even became a manager). Hardest part is being nice to every customer, even the ones that get annoyed/angry. Easiest part is being an auto parts store. As a general rule, retail auto parts stores aren't that busy, so it's a pretty laid back job. As long as you do what they ask of you, which isn't that much, everything goes smoothly.
Pros
Easy, slow
Cons
Low pay
Everyday at Auto Zone is exciting and challenging. It is enjoyable to come in and work with many different people and personalities. This company has the same challenges as all others. My experience here has been solving problems together as a group makes everyone have a better day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working holidays
Good place to work if your in college. Doesn't pay to well but is very good with hours and scheduling for school. Left because not enough hours for them to give out.
bathroom and cigarette breaks are unlimited if the store is slow fun people to work with most people pull there own weight some people need help as they don't know anything about cars.
Pros
break area clean place to work 1 hourr lunch break
Cons
unedjucated coworkers
I would love to be in a great work place with employees that are nice and work hard as well. That always means that success is going to happen and no mistakes will be made.
Pros
Hard workers are great to have
Cons
do not want someone who slacks off.
Management was not reachable when needed. It was very slow paced and not much room for improvement or advancement of my career. Not understanding of personal life.
  1. Employee Reviews