AutoZone Employee Reviews

boring and stressful
Automotive Parts Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 18, 2018
was pretty boring overall then when it got busy it was like you did all the work with no help. Got treated poorly was told to do certain jobs all the time when it was suppose to be broken up between people
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
manager, hours, environment
Energetic and fun
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 18, 2018
Cool place to learn about cars and different functions and parts. Relatively easy environment can be stressful when a lot of customers come in but you get used to it and find your routine.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours depends on how much you sell
the manager was horrible
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 18, 2018
love my coworkers the manager was horrible and very unprofessional that particular store is like a revolving door can't keep workers because of the manager if they get rid of her it would be a great store to work out of
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
the manager
Horrible place to work, don't go there.
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2018
I would give them zero stars but one is lowest available. No quality of life, management is very poor, affirmative action bias, too many negatives to list.
Pros
good discount on parts
Cons
zero quality of life, poor management, list is too long to list
Good company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
Autozone is a great company to work for. Flexible with school schedule and lots of hours are given. The team that I was working with was a great team to work with. Overall great place to work
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Na
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/ASSISANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2018
I think everyone would like to know a little bit about cars, this would be a good start. It's an interesting place to work. The isn't pay is reasonable for the work and you get a chance to learn.
Pros
Great place to learn about parts and what they do if youre with the right people.
Cons
Slow growth
great
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
I have been working for auto zone for two years and its been great. I enjoy working there on the weekend and they are very flexible with my availability. You learn a lot of different things and learn all aspects of the job.
Great management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAJuly 17, 2018
Autozone was a great experience for me, I worked with really amazing people, my store manager was so great, she worked with me, she was patient I went in not knowing a single thing about cars, I’m a fast learner I started off part time and left full time, because i learned quick and was very reliable!
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Pay
Challenging career
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJuly 17, 2018
I started here with no knowledge of cars, but was hired because of my customer service background. I learned a lot about cars, but still would never work on one on my own.
productive and fun
SALES (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 17, 2018
i enjoyed working at Autozone. as an autozoner i was responsible for helping the customers find parts and items they were looking for. The work schedule is flexible if you need certain time off.
Pros
job culture
Cons
Decent work if you know about cars.
PART SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 17, 2018
Management was truly the worst part of this job. No responsibility was taken and was always blamed on the lower level employees. I learned a lot about cars when I was working here, but after a year I realized that it wasn't a great place for me.
I loved working with AutoZone
Auto parts sales rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work, flexible schedule! you must already be knowledgeable in auto parts and with cars itself , team members are great it's fun and faced paced environment with lots of perks. the computer system for employees is a bit much could be a little confusing. There are knowledge tests you need to take each month or every six depending on which position you chose. The planograms can get a little confusing but after the first one your on a roll.
Pros
Working in the field you love
Cons
Pay could be better
Good people friendly environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 17, 2018
I assist customers for most of the day with finding the right car parts for their vehicles. I also take on some managerial duties as I am in training for that position. I learned more than my fair share about car maintenance and different part and their functions. Management is a could be more solid in my opinion but we are still number one in sales for our district. The work place culture seem mostly non existent but it doesn't take away from general progress. the hardest part of the job is knowing and understanding the operation of car parts having never been a mechanic of any sort. The best part of the job my co workers and customers.
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Managment
Rotating Schedule
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 17, 2018
Work / Life balance was a little off, but that's to be expected with a retail position. The company required ongoing training for new products, and would pay mileage.
Drugs
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 16, 2018
Hostile environment due to drug use among employees. Did not want to be in that type of environment. Opening managers would not show up on time. Priorities were skewed.
Pros
Long lunch
autozone
Commercial Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 16, 2018
it is a good company to work for. some stores are different though but while i was there i had a good time and enjoyed going to work. it was like a family away from home and i gained friends that will last a lifetime
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 16, 2018
Working at Auto Zone gives you many perks, Employee discount, 401k, medical and dental. They provide you with internship, job relocation, work improvement classes, product knowledge, company agendas,
Parts Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 16, 2018
Depending on management this could be a great place to work. Everything is company mission focused. Putting customer first is the main objective no questioned asked.
Pros
Consistent work.
Cons
Need more employee in some store
Busy, relaxed, paperwork oriented, customer service oriented, etc
Comercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJuly 16, 2018
It’s fast paced but slow many times also, easy work, driving long hours gets difficult. Good business to start with, you need to have a fresh mind, and it may get difficult to find things due to organization of stores
Working at AutoZone was awesome!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NE 68776July 15, 2018
I rose quickly through the ranks at AutoZone and started a store from the ground up as a store manager in less than a year of being employed there. I truly enjoyed my employees and tried to instill the motto that if you have a positive attitude at work and learn something new every day, that work will no longer be "work".
Pros
positive attitudes
Cons
70+ hr weeks at times for months while training staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42.2K
31.9K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.