AutoZone

Found 12,194 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,858 reviews

AutoZone insights

Based on 6,941 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Laid back and educational

Can get somewhat hectic, but is for the most part laid back. Can teach a lot about car parts. Friendly hard working staff. Starting pay is low, however.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Low starting pay

One of if not the best job I ever had.

This was the first work place environment I've experienced that really felt like family. Co-workers were friendly, and real team-players. I've never before felt I fit in that much and my job duties as a Commercial Driver allowed me to get to know many wonderful people throughout the community. Overall the coolest job I've I had to date. Management is also superb, shout out to Patrick the Store Manager. By far the best boss I've ever had. Tremendous support by all the managers all the way up to regional level. Thanks AZ, I would rejoin this store and team in a heartbeat!!

Managment

They have a lot of training available if you really want to take advantage. You build your career if you find the right management team and the leadership you want. I learned a lot from their parts skills and became a better manager for the training I was given and the team we created.

Almost like being in the military

Was great at first, but quickly declined due to upper management poor decisions and micromanagement of us a store managers.Did not let us make our decisions in running store operations and people.

Pros

Learning about vehicles and how to repair

Cons

Micromanagement

Very productive work

Was a good experience has great time working wit a lot of people that I did managers was good too never had a problem with them too schedule wasn’t bad either

Good place to learn butt not for a career.

The pay is bad like really bad for the amount of hours and work you do. Good place to learn about cars and they give you a 20 percent discount but they honestly don't care about their employee.

Terrible

Run as fast as you can. A bunch of lies daily. I was required to work single man fronts the majority of the days I worked there. Management is a joke.

It's a job

Worked here between other projects. Got me through to my next project. Store manager was bragging about making bonuses while the rest of us were just trying to get through the pandemic. He did so by cutting the staffs hours.

A Fun Job, but little room for growth

I really enjoy working most of the time since my coworkers and most customers are great. However, once you become a manager there really isn't much growth potential unfortunately.

You dont have time for fun.its production.

There is a huge Gap between human resources and management, alo between weekend management and weekday..the requirments for production are out of date! Way out! I was treated the best.i worked extremely hard.i was acknowledged very much so for that.but the production isnt acurate and its really hurtful at times..nobody fixes it.but you will be wrote up for it.its not an easy job! Its back braking work.

Pros

Well for me its my advisors and lori whom is over HR

Cons

Weird breaks.breaks over by the time they give it to you.

Terrible pay terrible upper management

Been there 3 years. Terrible pay terrible upper management. Can’t keep employees & doesn’t want to acknowledge the ones who have been there through all the managers leaving and it being absolutely chaotic. Run your tail off with no rewards like raises moving up etc

Good place to learn about cars.

Expect pay to be minimum wage. I was making $52k as a salaried store manager after 5 years. Minimum wage for salaried is $47476. Scheduled 50 hours a week but expected to work many more. Upper managements favorite phrase was, "This is why we don't clock in and out."

Pros

You don't have to have any auto experience.

Cons

Minimum wage for all positions regardless of experience.

Work life balance

If you are a store manager and have a family you will get very little time with them. 5 days a week with a Thursday and a Sunday off and one weekend a month. If both people in your house work, it can be a tough balance.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Lots of policies, very little work life balance

While it's nice to work there, you don't get much free time. Even if you came in at 12:30 you'd have to take your lunch at 2, on the dot

I dont think I'd ever work for this company again. They're very strict and there's little room for advancement;short breaks that you don't get to take

Pros

Manager brought food and drinks sometimes, not very often

Cons

Short breaks, no goofing off even when there's no customers in the store, No real place for advancement--It took the Distruct manager 12 years to get where he is.

It was a nice place to work at but short staffed

They are flexible with the schedule and you learn a lot when you starting working there and management really helps you and trains you right and great Culture

Low pay and bad management

Worst job I've ever had, the hours were 100% inconsistent and horrible, they would have you close one night and open the next day, management is forced to come in even on days off and you can get better pay for less work at McDonald's

Pros

Discounts on certain auto parts

Cons

Short brakes, irresponsible management, bad all around

No hay buen trato

Pocas horas, premian a los menos que hacen, cambios a último momentos, los sistemas para buscar las piezas fallan a cada rato, herramientas de trabajo para el montaje de baterías son ineficientes

Fun workplace

One of the better retail jobs, especially if you're good with cars. Pay wasn't the best. Overall not a bad company to work for. Employee discount was only 20 percent (oreillys was parts at company cost)

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Pay

Overall good experience.

I really like working at Autozone. I have never worked warehouse jobs, but this one is very doable. The management is overall pretty good as long as you stay busy. We have fun a lot of times and they do well keeping things interesting. Many opportunies and great work life balance! If you're thinking about applying, take the leap! You won't regret it.

Awful place to work

Was scheduled for part time and consistently worked 40 hours a week. I have 2 jobs so it neutered any free time possible. Management was horrible there too.

Very low pay

Do not work here if you want to be appreciated as an hard working,reliable employee. Your efforts will never be acknowledged and the pay is horrible for what is required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare AutoZone with

• AutoZone
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?