AutoZone Employee Reviews

Found 8,047 reviews matching the search See all 8,481 reviews
Great Job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2019
Great job! Lots of work and encouragement to move up. Diverse duties so you were never bored. Met and befriended a lot of like minded individuals. Businesses we serviced were for the most part friendly and courteous. Management and the team were great. Looking for a great low impact job, this one is it
Great opportunity
Sales Associate , manager in training (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2019
I moved up very fast at autozone. I always was ready to go in early. Loved the OT days. My manager was always right behind me to help me achieve my goals.
Great Learning Experience
Commercial Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 25, 2019
I began my journey with this company back in 2003 when it was a totally different company. I loved the vision of the company back then. New employees were matched with veteran and skilled employees and the learning was endless. I watched these veterans leave the company when it entered the current phase of selling car parts. When I relocated in 2015, I chose to not return to the company.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
the "why" and "how" was replaced with a profit margin
If it's your last option
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMarch 25, 2019
There is absolutely no job security there. Autozone doesn't care about their workers and is more concerned with them using their discount to help family members out. I was made to spraypaint my shoes because there was a little bit of white on them, which is against dress-code. You can be scheduled 40+ hours yet be part time, so no overtime or benefits can apply to you. Upper management acts most elite.
well run and managed
Parts and accounts expert (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYMarch 25, 2019
my location was one of the top stores in the state. Our crew of managers and employees was very pleasureable to work with and was well managed. i had a good experience
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2019
Its a good place to work if you are self driven. Lots of work overnight stocking parts. Plenty of opportunities to move around positions and very flexible with hours.
Pros
Parts discount
A productive workplace
Commercial Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 25, 2019
I enjoy working with the public and making sales. Bringing in New Accounts. The job was fairly easy but at times challenging but there was always something to learn and it was team and family oriented. Management was fair and equal. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Team and Family oriented
Cons
Short handed
A environment to test your leadership skills
Customer Service Specialist / Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Kendall Park, NJMarch 24, 2019
A perfect Place to test your leader ship skills and also test your ability to work in a fast paced customer service environment and also learn how to tackle tough situations with a calm mindset.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Working to much according to the payscale
not enough advancement/challenge
Autozoner (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 24, 2019
i would go in and wait for customers to come in i would help them find vehicle specific parts as well as help put on wipers, battery installs,check engine codes , light bulb installs.I learned a lot about auto parts . Management was okay just did not feel challenged in any way .Hardest part of the job was not seeing myself growing in mechanics .I enjoyed the fact that i was a part in helping someone get there car fixed.
Pros
you meet alot of people and learn a lot about how to keep your car running smoothly
Cons
Not being challenged
Not the best workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 24, 2019
I had worked there a little over a year moat during my senior year in highschool. I had barely anyfree time during then because i worked most nights during the week and most of the weekend. You never knew what your schedule was going to be. The benefits they offer will rob you of your paycheck. The pay wasnt good
Definitely a good starter job
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMarch 24, 2019
Definitely a good starter job because the pay is not good at all no helth benefits no 401k but it was a good and fun place to work for would have never left if they had competitive wages and helth benefits
Pros
Good people
Cons
No benefits
customer service is the most important
PARTS SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 24, 2019
giving great customer service is very important to company success and what we are required to uphold from the day you are hired. the culture could be much better.
Pros
if you are willing you can make it there
Cons
some in upper management don't care about you
Productive and friendly work place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 23, 2019
Working at Auto Zone taught me a lot about sales and the ability to be able to move up into the company's work field. It also teaches you that everyone there is to help others improve and become successful.
Pros
parts discount
Cons
Short staff
enjoyed it
Warehouse/sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 23, 2019
really great co workers and teamwork. only thing i did not like was the management. I think if the part stores did better on appreciation to the employees they have. they would have such a high turn over
OK for a part time job
Commercial Accounts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Margate, FL 33063March 23, 2019
Training and sales software not easy to learn quickly. Parts organization was fair but could be greatly improved.Most of the commercial accounts were satisfied at the higher tier levels, but the smaller shops not so pleased.
n/a
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 23, 2019
i like the old autozone not the new autozone the people they bring on to no nothing about cars but they look good and the playing with cell phone at work is wrong both red shirt and gray shirt!!!!!!
Pros
parts
Cons
people they bring on
Good job friendly co workers and hard work payed off
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMarch 23, 2019
I likes this job alot acutally, friendly environment defiantly place for growth and advancement! Management was excellent took the time to show you how to do things the right way other then just being a boss. Good experience!
It was ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2019
It was a cool place to work at but i couldnt do it anymore bcuz of my tooth abcess couldnt produce the doctors note in a fast enough matter. I loved that they gave me a car to drive.
Exciting work enviornment but management trouble
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 22, 2019
Love working for this company but it seems as though some of the management takes special privileges too far; opportunities for advancement depend on being in favor with management
Pros
One hour lunch, flexible hours, quick-paced environment
Cons
Managment troubles, trouble communicating with higher executives
Good job stop start off at
Counterman (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAMarch 22, 2019
It was my first job and it was great. I worked part time there. It a great place to start out at. If you ever need anything all you have to do is ask your managers and they help you.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
They pay minum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.6K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight