AutoZone
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from AutoZone:

AutoZone Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
Laid back and educational
Can get somewhat hectic, but is for the most part laid back. Can teach a lot about car parts. Friendly hard working staff. Starting pay is low, however.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low starting pay
Great place to work, but needs better pay!
I had a great manager, work was faced past, and not to strenuous. The was a little to competitive at times. Needs better training and prepypreparation
Pros
Manager, staff, competitive
Cons
Better work conditions, and more pay.
Great company
Like every customer service job it's only hard if you make it hard. Yes you face challenges but that's because no two customers are the same so you must take that approach
Nice place to work
Nice place to work I am the type of person that takes my job Serious and I do not beat around the bush which other people do some time not me If I am in the middle of doing a Job I get the job done correctly
Interesting experience
Interesting experience
Very good company to work for

Appreciate the opportunity

Very glad to have worked at Autozone

Taught me a lot about the auto parts business
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
It’s a good place
What I don’t like and don’t like about the job was doing overnight delivery driving three hours there to drop off the auto parts and driving three hours back and being extremely tired getting there and going back that’s the only downside. Safer bumping into a shelf then a back of a semi.
Don’t do it
Autozone cares about money only. Will work you into the ground and give nothing in return. Lots of promises and very low pay. What more can I say. Stay away from this company.
Poor
The work environment is horrible. The policy allows people to walk over the employees and treat them terrible, and all they ever have to do is call corporate.
Fun workpladce
AutoZone is a great company to work with. the opportunity for promotion is always available. The management support has always been great. AutoZone also provides a good training program.
horrible place to work
If you still want to be consequenced for taking off for something that is out of your control, then be my guest, work for the company. If this will bother you, then steer well clear because they really dont care about the employee personal life, all they care about is keeping the store open.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AutoZone?
Easy job, great for part time
This is an easy job that I would recommend to anyone looking for a relatively easy part time gig. Knowledge and/or like of cars is a plus, but I knew a few people that didn't know much or anything about cars and still did well in the job (one even became a manager).

Hardest part is being nice to every customer, even the ones that get annoyed/angry. Easiest part is being an auto parts store. As a general rule, retail auto parts stores aren't that busy, so it's a pretty laid back job. As long as you do what they ask of you, which isn't that much, everything goes smoothly.
Pros
Easy, slow
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced and fun
Everyday at Auto Zone is exciting and challenging.
It is enjoyable to come in and work with many different people and personalities.

This company has the same challenges as all others.

My experience here has been solving problems together as a group makes everyone have a better day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working holidays
Good job for College student
Good place to work if your in college. Doesn't pay to well but is very good with hours and scheduling for school. Left because not enough hours for them to give out.
mini fridge and break area plus bathroom and cigarette breaks are unlimited
bathroom and cigarette breaks are unlimited if the store is slow fun people to work with most people pull there own weight some people need help as they don't know anything about cars.
Pros
break area clean place to work 1 hourr lunch break
Cons
unedjucated coworkers
Great work place
I would love to be in a great work place with employees that are nice and work hard as well. That always means that success is going to happen and no mistakes will be made.
Pros
Hard workers are great to have
Cons
do not want someone who slacks off.
Not very good
Management was not reachable when needed. It was very slow paced and not much room for improvement or advancement of my career. Not understanding of personal life.
awesome
My auto zone is pretty cool to work at since its the only 24 hr parts that's open in my area we get pretty cool customers coming in and also my management team is honestly awesome as anything.
Pros
great management
Cons
customers
A friendly place to work
AutoZone is a place where everybody is friendly. The work environment is relaxed and the co-workers are there to assist you if you need. Team work is considered an important factor and this is possible there.
At AutoZone I learned that camaraderie and hard work can work together.

The hardest part of the job is working overnight hours. The most enjoyable part of it is the friends that you can make there.
Pros
Breaks.
Cons
No benefits.
Blah
it sucks don't work there why do i have to fill out reviews of jobs i worked at previously honestly a waste of time if you are trying to help people find jobs
Frustrating
Working at AutoZone was overall very frustrating. The management team was uncoordinated. While working at AutoZone for a year there were 3 different store mangers and 2 different district managers.
Good working place
Typical day at work would be checking the aisles and looking for any misplaced items, restocking items on the shelves and attending to customer questions along with helping customers look for parts. While working there I learned to keep up a good pace between being on the floor and being with customers who needed help with vehicle parts. Management was kind and very helpful in showing us what to do day to day and keeping us busy with tasks that helped the store keep a presentable look while also attending customers. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy objects and the most enjoyable part was being around cars.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9K
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight