AutoZone

Driver366 reviews

Found 366 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,249 reviews
autocarstoreautomotivebatteryzonecustomervehicle

It is aight.

Management at the hub was really laid back and never get mad at you if you mess up. They are willing to teach you and orientate you. If you do something wrong, they explain to you how to properly do the task.

Unorganized Chaos! Morally Wrong!

Job titles are meaningless. Pay is low. They use people like ping pong balls for different positions & different stores. Turnover rate is high! People get sick of being treated badly. Never got any positive reinforcement despite breaking goals. Management constantly pushes people to work in high crime areas. Place is never cleaned regularly. Filthy! Should change name to AutoHell!

AutoZone insights

Based on 8,268 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Lots of hours and you will not be commended for your efforts

Worked there for 5 months total. Got promoted to a inventory specialist relatively shortly after starting there about 3 months no training. They told me they were going to send me to another hub store but I never got sent to another hub store or nothing like that and it got to the point where I hated going into work. I tried to get a demotion to go back to driving and they would not let me. All in all you can't get fired from here. It's near impossible, but once you start if you're waiting to get fired, you're a lifer

Auto zone

Management is a joke! it seems like they only hire family and friends of the family. if you’re not one of the two you are dirt. Even the regional and district managers are blind and deaf to everything that’s wrong with the company. Sad thing is they only listen to grey shirts. “Managers”. If they would take the time to listen to some red shirts they would probably have a heart attack because of all the shady stuff in the stores. Oh again If you’re anything other than management you’re treated like absolute trash. I would recommend you move along and don’t apply. If it wasn’t for the fact I could literally get away with murder I would leave.

Pros

You can get away with murder

Cons

Management, pay, overall corporate structure

AutoZone is not a place to be

They just use you like a mule and could care less about your well being. They will make you do 5 peoples jobs while they stand around doing nothing. And the pay is the worst in town.

You can do better there is no balance between work and home life. Pay was mediocre. Management does not care for there works. Everyone is out for self. Set your goals higher. You can do it.

Terrible company

This company doesn't value its employees. They expect you to do your job and everyone else's job. Lowest pay in the area, and raises are a joke. Upper management is incompetent at best.

Boring

Dealing with customers sucks the uniform sucks I was a driver but they made me help over the counter customers everyday the manager had no communication skills

Pay Rate & Inventory

Good College Job. It is what it is its a job and very straight forward at that. Personally I did not and would not suggest working front of the house dealing with customers. The two best positions in my opinion are working Commercial & Hub driving. Its an interesting side and or the majority of how Auto Zone pulls in its revenue. Shows you a side of business were you are able to fulfill orders for local mechanics within you local surrounding towns.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Not a career path

disorganized

This place is going through people like no tomorrow. the managers have all quit. they do not have things running smoothly. Too much chaos and not enough help to train the

Pros

Cons

no leadership

Flexible

Autozone was willing to work with me on the hours that I needed. I do feel they could pay a little more, especially with the price of living sky rocketing.

Hub delivery driver - Flexible hours, fun job!

I came in as a recent retiree. I am part-time and enjoy the flexible schedule. Great group of people to work with. I enjoy driving and this is why I took this particular job. My only complaint is they have a difficult time keeping the delivery vehicles maintained. Otherwise, great place to work!

Disorganized and antiquated practices

The store is always short staffed, tho they cut people's hours and still go forward and try to hire new ppl. Hiring ppl is useless since there's a HUGE turn around. This company doesn't care about their employees. They just want cheap labor and they're ok with operations just dragging by everyday. yet upper management will flip if things are not done despite only 1 person showing up in their dept. They don't pay anyone a liveable wage. Raises are once a year and only full-time employees or "managers" get benefits. There's a reason a lot of stores are short staffed. It's a garbage company that doesn't give workers the tools to be successful. Corporate managers are useless. The audacity to see the struggle in being short staffed yet they still expect to hit certain metrics on a daily basis, while they don't pay anyone commissions. They want the employees to upsale to pricier products yet no bonuses are paid if they do so. Employees are also expected to buy their own uniforms which is outrageous in my opinion. The only bright spot is that some of the people you work with are pretty cool. But other than that, i would stay away from this company. Probably the worst company I've ever worked for, apart from Walmart.

A company with excellent culture

At Autozone, everyone is friendly and helpful to other associates. I never felt more respected as a person than at Autozone. Everyone seems to be happy to be at work. The environment is the best I have ever seen on a job.

Long hours low pay

You get paid basically $11 to do a job that should be paying you 15+ the good workers get the short end of the stick while the terrible workers get the golden spoon

Good work place

Benefits are great ,and th atmosphere are great and they give you oppertunities.it was a great exsperience working there,i was a driver and later on trained as a receiver to receive the stock and booking it in on the stock list

Cool place

Their managers are real cool people just like in any place if theirs a bad apple then it might rotten the whole place. Also it does depend on your ability and also the time you work. It was a great way to get hands on experience you learn how to change and install batteries as well as testing starters and alternators

What is the best part of working at ?The people.What is the most stressful part about working at Autozone dc center?The customers.

Bad environment overall

Management is so busy trying to appease upper management that they forget to do their most basic of responsibility. Oddly enough they are constantly on us about timeliness and being quick but it only applies to redshirts, the mangers are always chatting about life issues and the latest chisme. Overall not worth the $15-16/hr they offer, plenty of opportunities to get injured on the job due to lack of proper equipment.

bad unfair treatment

usual nonsense good employees get big work load bad ones get away with not working. managers dont want to deal with bad workers so they ask good ones to do it all.

Pros

nothing

Cons

extra expectations for same pay

Terrible pay

40-45 Hours a week even tho I'm in the system as part time so I get no full time benefits vacation time or full time pay. And I make 10.50 an hour. Coworkers are awesome though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare AutoZone with

Career recommendations for Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • AutoZone