AutoZone Culture reviews

Found 1,577 reviews matching the search See all 8,622 reviews
Amazing and fun job
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COApril 16, 2019
I loved working here. Loved the customers that came in and I loved my coworkers. It was a fun but fast paced job. Has potential for raises and promotions with in the job.
Great place to learn
Parts Sales Manager & Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 16, 2019
whether coming into a first job position or taking a management position, you can advance your customer service and automotive repair skills, increase automotive parts knowledge, and take initiatives in a competitive retail environment
Nice fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 15, 2019
Enjoy working here
Had a very good time
Very friendly staff
Great learning experience
Somewhat organized
Great location
Very great culture employees from all over
One of my favorite jobs.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 11, 2019
I was mainly responsible for delivery of parts to customers in our local delivery area. I loved this part of my job. I was able to create many lasting relationships with customers as well as meeting many new people.
Pros
Managemnt
Cons
policies regarding cell phone
Good parts sales company.
Assistant Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAApril 10, 2019
Very knowledgeable staff. Easy to find parts you need to repair your vehicle as well as advice on how to preform the repairs on your own. Very friendly staff.
Fun workplace for the most part but very stressful for th pay versus the work load.
Parts sales manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2019
Auto Zone Inc. has a top notch mission statement. The culture is very rich. And the knowledge that you could gain in the automotive industry is exponentially great. I just wish it was a more symbiotic work environment.
Pros
Best parts at the right price
Cons
You don’t know if you’re going to get the same sales associate.
stressfull
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Ferry, NJApril 8, 2019
a typical work day would consist of approving returns, making a bank order/change order be accountable for schedules an employees. knowledge about the sales an customer service an also planograms. i learned alot about customer service, sales, an management. District manager typically mistreated employees an set a bad example in my opinion. The culture was comfortable an clean thought. I disagreed on the pay an manager
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Productive and great company to work for
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2019
Great company to work for. Been there for 10 yrs and counting. Great culture, you work hard and you get compensated for it. Great corporate management
Pros
Always from for advancement
Cons
Sometimes under staffed
Automotive
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEApril 7, 2019
If you love cars and know your parts it's a awesome place to work and they take time with you. They work as a family/team because we always had each others back.
Pros
Family and friends matter
knowledgeable employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAApril 7, 2019
a typical work day would consist of approving returns, making a bank order/change order be accountable for schedules an employees. knowledge about the sales an customer service an also planograms. i learned alot about customer service, sales, an management. store manager typically mistreated employees an set a bad example in my opinion. The culture was comfortable an clean thought. Nothing was hard about it since have prior experience in sales an customer service. I enjoyed the job to fullest potential but disagreed on the pay an manager
Pros
cleanliness
Cons
store manager
None to give
PARTS SPECIALIST MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 5, 2019
This is a great place to work. The management team is awesome and are willing to do anything to help you succeed. The one thing that really gets me about working here is that the pay just doesn't seem to make living really possible in todays economy.
Fun place to work
Hub Coordinator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 4, 2019
Great Place to work if you have the right management in place. Great opportunity to move up in the company if you do your job and follow the guide lines that AutoZone has set up. The guide line are there to help you grown and advance you to the next level. The most enjoyable part about the job are the people I work with . If your having a rough day they pitch in to help out and vice versa. All in all not a bad place to work if everyone just does their job.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
turn over
Unsure if it is just my district or the company as a whole.
Part Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2019
Not enough hours to run the store. (3 employees at a store with 50+ customers an hour)
Poor district management.
Not school friendly.
Cliquish culture.
Favoritism
Unreliable tech support.
No competitive pay.
Lack of transparency.
Expects a high level of automotive knowledge, but offers very low pay for the knowledge.
Unless you are a manger you will not gain any skills applicable to other careers,
Pros
gained passing car knowledge
Cons
see review
Excellent Company Culture
Store Operations Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 3, 2019
AutoZone as a whole is an excellent company to work for. I have been able to grow my skillset as a financial analyst through excellent guidance and excellent coworkers. AutoZone's management is exceptional in the way of transparency across all levels of employees, their dedication to the company, and how they act as examples of leadership. The most enjoyable part of working at AutoZone is working alongside excellent coworkers while knowing that your work is appreciated and impactful.
Pros
Culture, Management, Transparency
working at autozone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 3, 2019
i really enjoyed working for auto zone.. very knowledgeable. Friendly staff, easy to learn how to do things.. staff were very willing to help ig you struggled doing something
Pros
Cons
nONE
Team culture building
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2019
Good team building, great management employee relation, great opportunity for advancement, great training programs, inventory management, coaching, coaching training and mentoring, great sales training, great store to corp comnmunication
Pros
Good training
Cons
work life balance
Productive and fun work environment!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauseon, OHApril 1, 2019
Working at Auto Zone was productive and had many opportunities! The management and employee staff were very helpful and everyone worked well together!
Very productive and a great working environment
Hub Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 31, 2019
A typical day at work very busy and fast pace. I learned so much working at AutoZone. Anywhere from communication skills to learning the streets and highways of New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Management at AutoZone is great. They are very helpful and they care about their employees. The workplace culture at AutoZone is fun, fast pace and very eventful. The hardest part of the job is never having enough Hub Drivers. The most enjoyable part of the job is great team work and the fun we can have joking around with each other while getting the job done.
Very high pace ,fast reviving.
Store Manager #3241 (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMarch 27, 2019
Depending what location some are slower than others, but the company is leading in aftermarket parts retail. Not strong in training ,kinda leave you with the feeling of being thrown to the wolves.
Pros
competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
seems difficult to advance one you reach store manager level.
Great Technology; horrible culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 26, 2019
I can mostly recall that the culture of this company was not very friendly not did it play out in the stores. Once it hit the store level it was even worse. It was very cut-throat and had some DMs whose integrity was questionable.
There were some great team members and some awesome managers I was lucky to work for, but the company itself was off.
Pros
Their systems were advanced.
Cons
Unwilling team members who would go the extra mile, rude, no work/life balance, always being threaten of job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.6K
32.2K

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss