AutoZone Employee Reviews

Found 8,534 reviews matching the search See all 8,973 reviews
Get out while you still can
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJ 08081June 25, 2019
In the district I worked in, Autozone only cared about the $. It did and does not care about its employees. The pay grade is completely unfair. They like to come in and tell you everything that's wrong but won't hear an explanation. Their computer system is awful. They tell us we are not reaching our quantity for the day and then we log in and it says we are. Then they say well on our end it says this. Their parts are cheap and overpriced. A dangerous place to work because of it. Boxes rip and the stuff falls out at you. Not a big deal when it's brake pads, but when it's a 40lbs strut that's as big as you, it's an issue. They have a "no hold" policy which is impossible to do. They refuse to give raises. Managers can not have the weekend off yet one of my former managers gets one weekend off a month to go larping because he's friends with one of the higher-ups. Their insurance plan and benefits are garbage. Your managers will go outside 50 times to smoke but yell at you for sitting down for 1 minute.
Cons
healthcare, weird hours, pay rate, no raises, etc
Professional
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 25, 2019
Fun Place to work

Anonymous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 25, 2019
I would have to say that the company would have to improve on security especially at night for night crew have to hire more people and put more people on 4 at night they just security overall there is like no security whatsoever so someone were to come in and robbed the place there's no security so that's just what I'd have to say other than that the business is a great business but you guys have to improve on security for sure security nut is the number one thing but I would have to say that you guys have to work on
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No security
Fun and safe workplace to work.
CDL Class A Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXJune 25, 2019
AutoZone has a major priority in safety for their drivers and warehouse personnel. They have great equipment and maintenance staff that gets the job done. Great pay and benefits too.
Not the best, but could work.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 25, 2019
I always get aggressive demands (not shouting) and told to make more sales than needed. Always up my rear end about nothing more than customer and sales. Never willing to teach me about parts.

But for delivery, no issues. Just deliver parts and make sure order is right.
Pros
Free roam on delivery
Cons
No teamwork, no development. No peaceful day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2019
Great place to work for.
Really stressful angry customers but if you like helping people that's a great place I knew more then half of my customers by first name basis I was there for 8 years at the same store grew a bond with my community. As a store manager I would cover alot of shift had no help worki g over 80 hours a week on a salary pay for 50 hours!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Unexpected late shifts
Variety of work tasks and pleasant people
PSM (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJune 25, 2019
Love the job, struggle with the pay. I love helping people get what they need for their vehicles repair or maintenance. Workplace culture at our store is good. A good extra job is needing something extra, hard to do as a FT making a primary job. Open 7 days a week and on most holidays, great for customers, not so great for those who do not get the time to spend it with family.
Pros
Able to request your day off if needed.
Cons
Not enough hours/pay to meet the cost of living.
Absolutely worst job ever
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2019
I was there for only about a month. I was SMIT but was in a store with no manager to train me. There was a young boy as assistant who was more or less running the store more or less. I was told to I was the top manager in the store even the though I hadn't received very much training. Needless to say the assistant manager walked all over me along with the crew and consistently called out sick. When I told the DM what was going on he basically told me not to go head to head with the assistant manager and that he would take care of the rest of the crew. Right before I was going to turn in my two weeks they were going to send me to another store or training and actually had a manager. I was going to work there for a week however this store was more than an hour away each way. I have a big SUV which takes tons of gas money which it did not have so I then turned in my 2 weeks and when I told my DM he then just let me go instead of trying to get me to stay. Also one last thing that sucks store managers get treated like there nothing and have to work tons of extra hours and have to work almost every single weekend. Working on 6-week rotations on how they get their weekends off with their families is unacceptable. AutoZone needs to revise this and reconsider what they're doing to their employees.
Pros
There most definitely is not a pro to working
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
relaxed enjoyable
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 25, 2019
Varying schedule. Not much advance of what hours would be working. Annual raises were good. Coworkers were generally good to be around. Good training.
customer service and leadership
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  main office on telephone roadJune 25, 2019
Great learning and leadership in directing employees and customers to help with them with there needs for there automobiles and selling them the correct parts the first time
Productive and competitive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJune 25, 2019
Very productive and a tad bit competitive. Supportive team members helpful higher ups and always very structured. Good amount of break time and descent break area.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long nights
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2019
Autozone was a great company to work for. I was always busy with phone calls and it helped me develop my skills. I learned a lot while working here. I really enjoyed it.
A ok place to work but not for long
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2019
If it wasn't for my awesome coworkers I honestly wouldn't enjoy working here. The pay is horrible. No commission for upselling. Have to sometimes deal with rude impatient customers. You get few hours when you're working part time. I do not see myself working here long term.
Pros
Awesome manager and coworkers
Cons
Few hours, pay rate
Autozone good place to learn about cars
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2019
Autozone has taught me how to have patience with the customers try to help them find what they need sometimes people may have a bad day so you need to be patient with them
Autozone is a good friendly place to work at don’t complain about anything I like what I do and plan on being there for a while
Pros
Good environment, friendly workers, learn about parts, learning new things everyday
Cons
Don’t have one yet
Poor district manager
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTJune 24, 2019
When I first started we had a strict but very nice Dm but after we switched DMs it went down hill. Current dm does not know what she is doing and is very unreasonable. She wants a store that is understaffed and without a store manager to not have anyone go over overtime let alone scheduled hours in the store.
Great Starting Job
Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIJune 24, 2019
I started working here in order to advance my education with automotive services. I worked here for a year and enjoyed it. I was able to take the information I gained and become a great mechanic.
beginner job placement
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2019
this helps you learn a job, there management needs improvement even if your an employee or a customer.
there can be times they help with your day schedule and other days they need you on your off day. it would help with more training.
It had a unique culture
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJune 24, 2019
Auto zone was very lean with there employers just not enough help and not enough hours for someone trying to survive for the job title I had if only the staff was more bountiful
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
not enough hours
I decline to review this company at this time.
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIJune 24, 2019
I decline to review this company at this time due to most recent changes in regional management. An applicant (especially one who is still employed with the organization) should have the option to submit a review.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited sales training, raise evaluations are based on stores performance not individual merit
To many employees are catered to
Customer Satisfaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJune 24, 2019
Poor pay poor management lazy workers to many call offs that are over looked some workers are coddled.Some workers don't anwser the phone don't work the counter and are just lazy.Manager don't care high turn over.
Pros
Discount
Cons
pay, schedule, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoZone. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.7K
32.3K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight