Autumn Leaves Assisted Living Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Loose preparation for startup company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 19, 2018
Company was very new, and neededto mistakes to put them on the proper path for progress. Several areas had not been thought out. For instances what supplies would be provided and which ones would the patient be required to furnish.
Pros
New company not quite seasoned yet
Cons
No training program for CMA I had to become certified and teach
The Job From The Devil
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
The Director is negative prejudice and caters only to her her son and daughters salaries she sits in her office all day and watch the cameras as if she's watching the first season of the young and the restless she could care less about her staff and residents I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog!!!
Pros
Cons
Free parking
The most of enjoyable part of my job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 22, 2018
The job is not hard. People make your job hard for no reason at all. Management claim being a team player but they have all types of schemes up their sleeves. So sad to be in a environment where people are so vulnerable and have to look into the eyes of some of these non caring people on a daily basis. I hope things gets better so the company can really grow.
Pros
learning about the residents and thier life.
Worst place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 18, 2018
It looks nice but it’s horrible to work here. No one lasts a full year hear Becouse of the low pay and the over work load. It’s no longer assisted living. It’s an actual nursing home. Un reliable coworkers. We are supposed to have 4 people per shift except night shift and there isn’t. If you are short staffed the managers wont call people to come in Becouse no one will come in anyways. So there ok with you being short staffed. There 40 residents between 3 care givers. There’s a lot of drama between all 3 shifts. People do a lot of no call no shows or quit the day of Becouse the place really suckse. I used to love working here but it’s to much for only 3 people to handle for only $12 an hour and they expect you to do everything!including house keeping duties! I’m sorry for anyone who applies here. People usually quit a month or two after they get hired so let that tell you how bad it really is here. P.s. mangers never help out.
Pros
The 1st shift nurse is nice and some coworkers are actually really nice
Cons
Poor working environment, Management does help, Boss won’t find help when short. Over works it’s empl
Was the worst company that i have ever worked for!
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  South AustinMarch 4, 2018
Always have had problems with the management there. Had a great nurse at first but when she left we sadly had a new director of healthcare. None caring for or residents or employees. Shows favoritism. Gossips and malicious. Falsely accusing things to get you in trouble. Puts her work onto the med techs that we are not certified to do! A lot of med errors that she seems not concerned about. More worried about being off. She puts anyone on the floor to take care of the residents just so she doesn't not have to work. She also does not train the new med techs per company polices. Never enough help!
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Dishonest
Excellent management working towards the best for its residents!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2018
This company started middle of 2017. Later part of that year, it was under a new management. Apparently, the previous management left the community with difficulties in its early stages, a new Director of Healthcare was proactive enough to step up to lead the community in working towards the realization of its promise to its residents and their families. The Director continues to work in providing exceptional quality care to the residents of Autumn Leaves. Under its management and together with all the members of the team of South Austin, rest assured that their overall aim is for the general welfare of its residents and their families.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Committed to the process of improving Resident Care
Caregiver/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2018
This location is relatively new and has had some growing pains from the previous management. It is under new management and family satisfaction is much higher. It has a way to go to get processes 100%, but it is well on its way. Teamwork is always the name of the game.
Pros
Progessive management, free meals
Cons
still going through some growing pains
Teamwork is amazing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I have worked at Autumn leaves for 2 years and have seen many positive changes in that time. I love my coworkers and everyone works together as a team. The managers are always helping us and I feel I'm appreciated. I can say that everyone I work with really care about the residents.
Pros
Teamwork, help from management
Cons
Expensive insurance
Too Much
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2018
At first I thought it was going to be an interesting place to work where you’d actually have time to treat your residents like people instead of a schedule. I found out pretty quickly that I was wrong. They save money on housekeeping, dietary aides and activities directors by having you literally do everything. I’ve worked at so many places and I’ve never seen anything like it. You wash the clothes, fold clothes, hang clothes, have to drop everything that you’re doing even if people are wet so you can run around and play games with the residents who are more lucid. You do the activities, play bingo, parachute. Kindergarten stuff that you generally don’t have time for because you have so much stuff to do. When it’s time to eat you have to set all the tables, fill all the drinks, get everyone changed and up and get them to the tables. Then pass trays. Then when it’s done you’re the one that busses all the tables and cleans it all up instead of dietary staff. They say that it’s assisted living but it’s nowh near assisted living as half the people here or more require total care. In short, they pay you $12.00 but it’s because you’re going to be doing the job of several people. Not to mention it’s almost never fully staffed and you each get a Hall then have to split the remaining one just adding to the workload.
Pros
Free meal, pay is okay for caregiver
Cons
Heavy heavy workload, busting your butt but it’s never good enough, high turnover rate
Stressful and bad management at South Austin
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Worked at South Austin for six months. I enjoyed the residents but the management do not care. The Director of nursing never help the caregivers or the med techs. Never went to see the residents for assessment or when they are sick. The new Director lead the place by gossiping and not interested to find out the facts. The new management lies about everything. I was the residents and their families advocate, because I care for our elders. The DHC wants to look good and made so many med errors.
Pros
Free meal a shift
Cons
Lack of compassion and devotion for the residents
Don’t take your loved ones there
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The executive director don’t know what she is doing. She belittles and bullies the staff. She’s very rude and talks about everyone. They hire anyone just to have enough staff to keep the families quiet. The care staff they hire does what they want. Residents don’t get proper activities. They bring in any time of residents just to bring up census. Either very ill, can’t do at all for themselves, very aggressive.
Pros
Free meals. Residents are awesome.
Cons
Overworked
Caregiver/ cook (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 7, 2018
Quiet , calm , lots of gossip , steeling , very comfortable some staff don't show for work makes it hard ,good place if everyone would do their job and not leave work on others
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
An interesting place to work
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GANovember 17, 2017
This is a "top shelf" place to work! The building and grounds are immaculate. The mgmt. staff and the c.n.a.s are great to work with.
They put their heart into caring for their residents!
Pros
Wonderful mgmt. free meals
Cons
n/a
Good management and friendly co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 13, 2017
I worked nights so we did rounds every two hours depending on the residents because of call lights. I learned how to work well as a contributing team member, also I learned what it takes to work with residents with Alzheimer and Dementia.The management was friendly especially the night shift nurse I worked with. The work place culture was calm and fun. Every night every night was different which made the job more interesting. I think the hardest part of the job was to take care of someone and showing compassion to someone knowing the outcome of their disease. Taking care of someone knowing I was making their life better.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor job advancement
Very Challenging
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 7, 2017
The job itself is fine but there is too much bickering between employees not enough team work and no appreciation for the workers that are doing their job as required.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Horrible working enviornment
Horribly run company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 4, 2017
Such a pity that families pay so much to entrust their loved ones to this particular community. They put on the charm during tours, hide the difficult residents and promise great service! The ED is hardly ever there, comes in late leaves early or takes long lunches and gets loud and boisterous when upset! It's difficult to get 1 on 1 time with her to discuss issues. Office politics run ramped through the company! Care staff are lazy, have no experience and can care less about the residents! Residents are often seen unkept, lack of dental hygiene and grooming. Food is given in such small portions and just enough to feed the residents. Manager is just wanting to scrimp to save money or stay within budget. So God forbid someone ask for an alternate because it isn't provided even though that is one of their marketing ploys! Budgets are tight and company equipment is outdated. It's a revolving door with floor staff. Scraping the bottom of the employment pool!
Pros
Love the residents and families
Cons
Management, lack of support, low moral, fake promises to families. It's not what you know but who you know to keep your job!!
The place as a whole is very lacks organization
CMA/ Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 30, 2017
A typical day begins and end stressful
I learned the hard way that this place is the worst place to call a job
Management is very very very unprofessional and lazy
The work culture is all messed up the employees have attitudes they treat the residents with little respect the don't understand the meaning of being a team.
The hardest thing about the job is the communication with the staff and management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the resident I enjoy assisting them.
Pros
Its a fun job you will enjoy some of the Residents
Cons
No full time hours unorganized Mangement and Co-workers
Its ok
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I been there two years and I enjoy the residents. Its a very comfortable place to work. The residents are the reason I enjoy my job. I love meeting new people
Very Chaotic
Lead Med Tech/DHC Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 9, 2017
Management especially the Director is awful, constantly threatens your job, or chooses what he thinks is right whether it is right or wrong. The atmosphere is very stressful and tense not only for staff but residents well.
horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 28, 2017
Got called a n!gger repeatedly I hated it. Their staff was all family, did whatever they wanted and it was sad. Unprofessional and very sloppy work ethics. And they were abusing the older people.
Cons
short breaks