Autumn Leaves Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Bad upper management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAOctober 9, 2018
They play the blame game when negative things happen but when something goes correct upper management takes all the credit. Poor ED retention at Town Lake location, and when ones leaves they send the dumbest intermittent. You can easily tell she did not get the job by her outstanding education background. She was just an LPN making executive decision, big mistake.
Smdh
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  OswegoAugust 26, 2018
This place sucks. They can never find caregiver and we are always working short 2 caregivers for 41 residents and our bonus they give us for working short never reaches our hands. Besides that it and ok place. Just get your caregivers Autumn Leaves. Perhaps pay them more.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
You can never take your lunch break and always short staff
Horrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 8, 2018
This place is horrible and going down the drain the nurse that was there she is lazy gets there early just to leave she does not care about nothing but herself the director quit it’s nothing but gossip drama and finger pointing they really don’t care about there residents at all and if you put them down as a reference think twice cause they will send you up the devils creek this place is beyond horrible and they hire a lot of teenagers cause no grown really wants to work there
Pros
The residents
Cons
Bad care lazy nurse gossip self centered company
Enjoyed my residents
Cna ( caregiver ) (Former Employee) –  CypresswoodAugust 8, 2018
They need better leaders & caregivers that work together as a team lifting a resident should consist of Two caregivers I love working as a caregiver
Pros
At times free meals
Cons
Not enough help/ workers
Regional Leadership A Joke
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
The regional leadership team at Autumn Leaves is a joke. They gossiped about each other to their direct reports and created a very toxic environment for the staff.
Cons
Upper Management
productive
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
wonderful place to work and extremely good staff. The pay was worth it. the residents was wonderful. all around a wonderful place to work and a super good environment.
No smiles
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2018
The entire management needs to be replaced with people who are more in touch with the residents, employees and humans in general, and the current management at Autumn leaves is awful, any full time employee working there already knows. They are not focused on the residents, only the management knows what's going on, they dont let the caregivers in on any important information, they seem to turn away when issues are brought to their attention, whether it is about the residents or the residents complaints, the residents are not getting the proper food nor diet, nor attention needed when they clearly dont want to be alone, they're not being treated as people but more as property, you can see there is lack of empathy and it is congruent with management, all management. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here, caregiver, cook, housekeeper or a medical technician, it's not worth the stress or low pay.
Pros
Similar feeling employees
Cons
Food is mostly slop made
Loose preparation for startup company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 19, 2018
Company was very new, and neededto mistakes to put them on the proper path for progress. Several areas had not been thought out. For instances what supplies would be provided and which ones would the patient be required to furnish.
Pros
New company not quite seasoned yet
Cons
No training program for CMA I had to become certified and teach
The Job From The Devil
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
The Director is negative prejudice and caters only to her her son and daughters salaries she sits in her office all day and watch the cameras as if she's watching the first season of the young and the restless she could care less about her staff and residents I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog!!!
Pros
Cons
Free parking
Job security
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2018
The job is very demanding and needed. You will always feel like you are needed in your position. The demand is definitely there. Always busy and growing

Want to know more about Autumn Leaves Assisted Living?

Ask a question
The most of enjoyable part of my job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 22, 2018
The job is not hard. People make your job hard for no reason at all. Management claim being a team player but they have all types of schemes up their sleeves. So sad to be in a environment where people are so vulnerable and have to look into the eyes of some of these non caring people on a daily basis. I hope things gets better so the company can really grow.
Pros
learning about the residents and thier life.
Worst place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 18, 2018
It looks nice but it’s horrible to work here. No one lasts a full year hear Becouse of the low pay and the over work load. It’s no longer assisted living. It’s an actual nursing home. Un reliable coworkers. We are supposed to have 4 people per shift except night shift and there isn’t. If you are short staffed the managers wont call people to come in Becouse no one will come in anyways. So there ok with you being short staffed. There 40 residents between 3 care givers. There’s a lot of drama between all 3 shifts. People do a lot of no call no shows or quit the day of Becouse the place really suckse. I used to love working here but it’s to much for only 3 people to handle for only $12 an hour and they expect you to do everything!including house keeping duties! I’m sorry for anyone who applies here. People usually quit a month or two after they get hired so let that tell you how bad it really is here. P.s. mangers never help out.
Pros
The 1st shift nurse is nice and some coworkers are actually really nice
Cons
Poor working environment, Management does help, Boss won’t find help when short. Over works it’s empl
Was the worst company that i have ever worked for!
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  South AustinMarch 4, 2018
Always have had problems with the management there. Had a great nurse at first but when she left we sadly had a new director of healthcare. None caring for or residents or employees. Shows favoritism. Gossips and malicious. Falsely accusing things to get you in trouble. Puts her work onto the med techs that we are not certified to do! A lot of med errors that she seems not concerned about. More worried about being off. She puts anyone on the floor to take care of the residents just so she doesn't not have to work. She also does not train the new med techs per company polices. Never enough help!
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Dishonest
Excellent management working towards the best for its residents!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2018
This company started middle of 2017. Later part of that year, it was under a new management. Apparently, the previous management left the community with difficulties in its early stages, a new Director of Healthcare was proactive enough to step up to lead the community in working towards the realization of its promise to its residents and their families. The Director continues to work in providing exceptional quality care to the residents of Autumn Leaves. Under its management and together with all the members of the team of South Austin, rest assured that their overall aim is for the general welfare of its residents and their families.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Committed to the process of improving Resident Care
Caregiver/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2018
This location is relatively new and has had some growing pains from the previous management. It is under new management and family satisfaction is much higher. It has a way to go to get processes 100%, but it is well on its way. Teamwork is always the name of the game.
Pros
Progessive management, free meals
Cons
still going through some growing pains
Teamwork is amazing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I have worked at Autumn leaves for 2 years and have seen many positive changes in that time. I love my coworkers and everyone works together as a team. The managers are always helping us and I feel I'm appreciated. I can say that everyone I work with really care about the residents.
Pros
Teamwork, help from management
Cons
Expensive insurance
Too Much
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2018
At first I thought it was going to be an interesting place to work where you’d actually have time to treat your residents like people instead of a schedule. I found out pretty quickly that I was wrong. They save money on housekeeping, dietary aides and activities directors by having you literally do everything. I’ve worked at so many places and I’ve never seen anything like it. You wash the clothes, fold clothes, hang clothes, have to drop everything that you’re doing even if people are wet so you can run around and play games with the residents who are more lucid. You do the activities, play bingo, parachute. Kindergarten stuff that you generally don’t have time for because you have so much stuff to do. When it’s time to eat you have to set all the tables, fill all the drinks, get everyone changed and up and get them to the tables. Then pass trays. Then when it’s done you’re the one that busses all the tables and cleans it all up instead of dietary staff. They say that it’s assisted living but it’s nowh near assisted living as half the people here or more require total care. In short, they pay you $12.00 but it’s because you’re going to be doing the job of several people. Not to mention it’s almost never fully staffed and you each get a Hall then have to split the remaining one just adding to the workload.
Pros
Free meal, pay is okay for caregiver
Cons
Heavy heavy workload, busting your butt but it’s never good enough, high turnover rate
Stressful and bad management at South Austin
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Worked at South Austin for six months. I enjoyed the residents but the management do not care. The Director of nursing never help the caregivers or the med techs. Never went to see the residents for assessment or when they are sick. The new Director lead the place by gossiping and not interested to find out the facts. The new management lies about everything. I was the residents and their families advocate, because I care for our elders. The DHC wants to look good and made so many med errors.
Pros
Free meal a shift
Cons
Lack of compassion and devotion for the residents
Don’t take your loved ones there
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The executive director don’t know what she is doing. She belittles and bullies the staff. She’s very rude and talks about everyone. They hire anyone just to have enough staff to keep the families quiet. The care staff they hire does what they want. Residents don’t get proper activities. They bring in any time of residents just to bring up census. Either very ill, can’t do at all for themselves, very aggressive.
Pros
Free meals. Residents are awesome.
Cons
Overworked
Caregiver/ cook (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 7, 2018
Quiet , calm , lots of gossip , steeling , very comfortable some staff don't show for work makes it hard ,good place if everyone would do their job and not leave work on others
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autumn Leaves Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5