Autumn Leaves Employee Reviews

Lack of support and understaffed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Understaffed and no support from management. Residents where at times treated as liabilties rather than assets. Lacked empathy for the human spirit and the day to day care of people who should be admired for the vast and various contributions they have sacrificed through out their lives.
Pros
Positive human connects and relationships
Cons
No management support
Awful place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 21, 2018
The entire management needs to be replaced with people who are more in touch with the residents, employees and humans in general, and the current management at Autumn leaves is awful, any full time employee working there already knows. They are not focused on the residents, only the management knows what's going on, they dont let the caregivers in on any important information, they seem to turn away when issues are brought to their attention, whether it is about the residents or the residents complaints, the residents are not getting the proper food nor diet, nor attention needed when they clearly dont want to be alone, they're not being treated as people but more as property, you can see there is lack of empathy and it is congruent with management, all management. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here, caregiver, cook, housekeeper or a medical technician, it's not worth the stress or low pay.
Pros
You get a name tag
no comment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXAugust 7, 2018
Its a normal cna job if you have been a cna you know the pros and cons. Management is ok well at least some of them, hardest part of the job is some of the employees but all in all its ok
bad management
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 2, 2018
The management did not consider me because she wanted quantity and not quality in the service of food. It was to her statement to me that I was not chosen because they wanted a someone who just produced output of food that is not well made or has any quality but produced it in bulk for the residents. It did not matter if the food was awful.
Lack of Influential Leadership
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
There is a fine line between power and authority, especially as the bases of Leadership. Authority develops influence and power erodes influence. Autumn Leaves loss of authority figures have left them with a fear-based, power management style. They can only maintain short-term employees at this time until they decide to change upper management. You will witness injustices.
Pros
Conceptually, they want to do the right thing.
Cons
Lack of quality leadership
Great
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
This was a really good job to have and very exciting because u were able to interact with the guest and they would sit and talk to u back that was the best part of the job
Pros
The people
Cons
No cons
working
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2018
this place is private pay for individual who has mental disabilities. staff wash clean and assist individual with care that is needed daily. staff is cordial.
Crazy Executive Director
Worker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 12, 2018
Never nice to employees, always yelling, blaming, insulting residents and personnel. She was bipolar and made up stuff so employees were written up for things they didn't do.
Pros
the residents
had a good experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2018
enjoyed working at Autumn leaves. great co workers. schedule was changed abrubly therefore it was difficult for many staff menbers. otherwise a good place to work
very poor work envirmonet
MED TECH (Former Employee) –  flower mound txMarch 12, 2018
horrible management, feeds in to the drama and gossip. Will threaten your job with termination if you do one thing he does not agree with, even if it is in the best interest of the patient.
Pros
free meals
Cons
everything else
Nice enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I loved working at autumn leaves because i loved my residents it was a good feeling to see them smile and to be able to help them the best way i could as far as management they didnt show much concern of the residents well-being and treated them more as a profit then an actual person of needs .
Residents and families were the only thing good here.
Other (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILDecember 14, 2017
Residents were not properly looked after. They were constantly having falls. The activity person was wonderful with all residents 8 hrs a day and had them laughing and active. The caregivers went invisible. The Executive Director only cared about census and let caregivers get away with everything and hid facts from families.
Pros
Residents
sucks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  houston, texasOctober 31, 2017
too many patients not enough workers...work all day no help. being a CNA just is not worth the trouble. go to school full time to be a nurse otherwise your doing their jobs
Bitter Sweet
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2017
This was a nice place to work. The staff were pleasant and easy to get along with but when it came down to management is was a totally different story.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 25, 2017
I saw so much abuse towards residents while working here it was disgusting. and when reported to staff they never notified the state or did anything about it. Management treated everyone bad. I would never recommend anyone to work there or to live there. HORRIBLE
Run for the hills
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
This used to be a great company however, it went down hill after leadership changes. Consistent changes and no real steady direction. If you are looking for a secure work environment this is not he place.
loved what I did but not way the family owned business was run
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 4, 2017
I did not like the way the residents were treated nor did i think it was appropriate to try to feed my residents on minimal food budgets. In a facility designed to take care of those in their final days suffering from Alzheimer's disease they deserved a better quality of food which I could not provide on the minimal budged in the kitchen.
A very chill place to work at!
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 23, 2017
Everything was great here! The residents, especially if you're good with people! The problem I had here was, I was constantly being watched, not just me but other staff members as well. The CEO had a camera on his phone which was connected to the cameras in the facilities, and you are just being watched constantly. Even when the CEO was at home,,, he watched everything! This was what made me leave.
I like to work with this company, nice place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
very nice company and work environment but I quit as I started RN program.I was working as charge nurse LVN, great pay.My assessment improved, worked with PICCLINE patients, giving IV medicines.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 5, 2017
When i first started working at Autumn Leaves is was peaceful and manageable. As months went on the residents started declining and the work got hard, especially when we couldn't have no equipment to assist. The management was not honest and always doing there jobs. You got blamed for other peoples mistakes. We was always short it was just very stressful and tense.
Pros
na
Cons
na