Autumn Leaves Employee Reviews

Lack of Influential Leadership
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
There is a fine line between power and authority, especially as the bases of Leadership. Authority develops influence and power erodes influence. Autumn Leaves loss of authority figures have left them with a fear-based, power management style. They can only maintain short-term employees at this time until they decide to change upper management. You will witness injustices.
Pros
Conceptually, they want to do the right thing.
Cons
Lack of quality leadership
Great
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
This was a really good job to have and very exciting because u were able to interact with the guest and they would sit and talk to u back that was the best part of the job
Pros
The people
Cons
No cons
working
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2018
this place is private pay for individual who has mental disabilities. staff wash clean and assist individual with care that is needed daily. staff is cordial.
Crazy Executive Director
Worker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 12, 2018
Never nice to employees, always yelling, blaming, insulting residents and personnel. She was bipolar and made up stuff so employees were written up for things they didn't do.
Pros
the residents
very poor work envirmonet
MED TECH (Former Employee) –  flower mound txMarch 12, 2018
horrible management, feeds in to the drama and gossip. Will threaten your job with termination if you do one thing he does not agree with, even if it is in the best interest of the patient.
Pros
free meals
Cons
everything else
Nice enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I loved working at autumn leaves because i loved my residents it was a good feeling to see them smile and to be able to help them the best way i could as far as management they didnt show much concern of the residents well-being and treated them more as a profit then an actual person of needs .
Residents and families were the only thing good here.
Other (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILDecember 14, 2017
Residents were not properly looked after. They were constantly having falls. The activity person was wonderful with all residents 8 hrs a day and had them laughing and active. The caregivers went invisible. The Executive Director only cared about census and let caregivers get away with everything and hid facts from families.
Pros
Residents
sucks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  houston, texasOctober 31, 2017
too many patients not enough workers...work all day no help. being a CNA just is not worth the trouble. go to school full time to be a nurse otherwise your doing their jobs
Bitter Sweet
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2017
This was a nice place to work. The staff were pleasant and easy to get along with but when it came down to management is was a totally different story.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 25, 2017
I saw so much abuse towards residents while working here it was disgusting. and when reported to staff they never notified the state or did anything about it. Management treated everyone bad. I would never recommend anyone to work there or to live there. HORRIBLE
Run for the hills
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
This used to be a great company however, it went down hill after leadership changes. Consistent changes and no real steady direction. If you are looking for a secure work environment this is not he place.
loved what I did but not way the family owned business was run
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 4, 2017
I did not like the way the residents were treated nor did i think it was appropriate to try to feed my residents on minimal food budgets. In a facility designed to take care of those in their final days suffering from Alzheimer's disease they deserved a better quality of food which I could not provide on the minimal budged in the kitchen.
A very chill place to work at!
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 23, 2017
Everything was great here! The residents, especially if you're good with people! The problem I had here was, I was constantly being watched, not just me but other staff members as well. The CEO had a camera on his phone which was connected to the cameras in the facilities, and you are just being watched constantly. Even when the CEO was at home,,, he watched everything! This was what made me leave.
I like to work with this company, nice place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
very nice company and work environment but I quit as I started RN program.I was working as charge nurse LVN, great pay.My assessment improved, worked with PICCLINE patients, giving IV medicines.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 5, 2017
When i first started working at Autumn Leaves is was peaceful and manageable. As months went on the residents started declining and the work got hard, especially when we couldn't have no equipment to assist. The management was not honest and always doing there jobs. You got blamed for other peoples mistakes. We was always short it was just very stressful and tense.
Pros
na
Cons
na
No Work balance
Director of Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 15, 2017
New Facility- voiced concerns of working with staff shortage, prior to "Grand" opening. More concerned about securing finance.I was left to work uncovered shift hrs. (Compensation: As a salary employee -RN the Compensation vs actual work + OT hours worked, I was valued at approx $10.60 Bi-weekly)
Nurse assessment goal was to have a balance of residents-with all dementia phases to balance acuity. To avoid Nursing home setting. The goal to fill the building took precedence
Upper management promised support and training. No training, No upper management support, unruly staff were not corrected and worked outside of their scope because "we were not in the position to lose staff". ( Upper staff would speak condescending.)
Hardest part of the job was trying to be proactive vs retroactive. Policy and Procedure broadly stated. The respect for your feedback was not welcomed (riddled off as being confrontational)
Most enjoyable was for the healthcare providers whom shared my direction were great to work with. I felt comfortable with their care and teamwork.
What I've learned a verbal promise is not honored always get it in writing. This company will have you doing way more than what is agreed upon. As professionals no matter your title every member should feel valuable and respected. Gave my resignation worked my resignation (actually worked 2 days past my resignation and a letter of separation was mailed stating "dis-satisfaction")
Great company!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Upper level management is always available. I admire the mission and am grateful for the opportunity to work for Autumn Leaves. The company stands by their mission and gives the employees the opportunity and freedom to perform successfully in their roles. They provide training and they listen to their employees. I've never experienced support from a company like this before. This type of support makes an employee want to continue to put in 100%.
Pros
Family oriented., awesome work environment, supports work life balance.
Cons
Great LEM who keeps residents active and happy
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMarch 7, 2017
l love working in a community with AL & MC combined as well as all memory care. This location has a great nurse and Exec. Dir. It also has a fantastic LEM who keeps all residents very active and happy.
Pros
Beautiful, with lots of light and external courtyards
Cons
Staff Turnover is high
dont go
whatever (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 19, 2016
management only care about themselves. very gossip place. not a very good place to work for. kept asking to do other functions other then main job. ceo agreed with what you said but when you where in a meeting with the person he agreed with the other person. very wishy-washe.
Pros
Cons
everything!!!
Great Place for your Parents
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Great place to live, I would bring my parents here if needed for rehab and recovery with skilled nursing dept. Great location as well