Avago Technologies

Avago Technologies Employee Reviews

United States85 reviews
Used to be fun
Used to be fun to come to work, It would be a different experience each day. Actually learned a lot of linux programming, when I first started I had no experience.
long hours at night
a typical work day was 12 hours at night, I worked 36 hours one week and than 48 hours the next week. I learned to operate many processing machines. My trainer was not very helpful and hard to get along with
Management department not good
The managers that I have had during the years did not care much about their team and was more focused on brown nosing, trying to make themselves look good for the upper management above them, even if it means to lose their team's respect and trust. Only had 1 good manager who actually was decent and wanted their team to succeed and be treated well while working there
Pros
Company events, christmas bonus, paid time off, 3 to 4 day work days (12 hour shifts)
Cons
Management not good, on your feet a lot, 12 hour shifts
Lots of cutting edge technology and talented professionals
Enjoyed the young and passionate environment. Strong technical leadership and plenty of synergy. One of my favorite places that I've worked. Different disciplines collaborated well together.
Pros
stayed current with wireless landscape
Cons
too many mergers and acquisitions led to downsize of company
Long Hours, Sprawling Campus
The day is long and hard because it is on your feet for 12 hours at a time. No reason for this. We didn't need all of us to work 12 hours a week. Most of us could have been 8 hours instead. A few could have done wafer shipping at night.

Management was a joke. No one knew anyone else except our immediate supervisor. He was known to be a loud mouthed jerk, and yet he retained his position.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long hours, hard work, too large
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Challenging
Good pay, lots of work, never boring, very unorganized. Inexperienced co-workers allowed me many training opportunities! Had many long term issues I resolved for the engineering team. Needed more management support to reach department goals.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of management experience in the group
I'd still be there if not for layoff
Avago is a good company, unfortunately only so many acquisitions I could survive. After 9.5 years I had a good tenure and would return if asked. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Micromanagement culture and frugality
Pays well, work is intensive and stressful, long hours
Avago has been bought by Broadcom. Fast paced, intense at times and stressful. benefits are very good, Need to adopt Avago's ways and workload directed my management.
do care
I don't care about this one. it was for a short time and I don't need it. thank you and good bye..... I don't want to answer this question any more. thks
typical day at work
I'll get counters and detail counters in the morning, check up on each printer to make sure each normal wear and tear part is within the specs of overdue percentage, look at inventory and order parts that is needed for future fixtures. Also, go into remote tech to update each worked perform and parts usage to establish a work environment for further fixtures. Speak with team to establish an environment that will enhance future production to establish a team oriented work force.
Good People
The coworkers definitely made the difference Working with people who wanted to make processes more streamline was a wonderful experience.
The benefits and workplace culture were great.

Bad thing--it was really hard to move up--no real growth potential. Yearly compensation bonus--sucked even when saving company $600K per year on one product line
Pros
healthcare, vision and dental, work culture
Cons
no growth potential, yearly compensation sucked
Difficult place to work as a salesperson
Stressful work environment but pay is good. A a sales person the sales goals were mostly unachievable. Too much trave and time away from home. Health benefits were good.
Pros
pay
Cons
stressfull
Great place to work with great benefits and people. Management was fair and always there to help. Work life balance is good. The job is rewarding and fast paced. Helps the day go by quicker. Lot of opportunity.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long days
Remote Employee - Wore a lot of hats.
Avago was an ok place to work. Benefits were good. I was a remote employee, working for a San Jose, CA based company. I was the top Inside Sales Person on my team. I had an excellent relationship with my team, customers and factory employees. I have always been involved with distribution in some way. Most recently working on an ERP system - Model N. Model N tracks business from the initial quoting stage, through product delivery. I also had a territory in which I was responsible for quoting distributors. I had an excellent relationship with my boss, and was the "go to" for any information relating to the team, or any statistical information from Model N. Being remote, I was left on my own to carryout my daily responsibilities, and trusted because of my high work ethic. I really enjoyed this job, and often volunteered for extra tasks.
Pros
working remote from home office
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Day to day, my job involved design meetings, work at my desk processing new test vectors for device compliance, work at test center evaluating prototypes using ATE equipment,
testing the prototype to failure, working with manufacturing to overcome high volume production issues encountered.
great company
I worked for a short time. you need to be on your game there, alot of money going in there and if you mess up anything they will lose it. my hours was 6am-to 6pm. three days one, three days off, then four days on, four days off. learned alot about sim card chips and how they are made.
Pros
hours
Cons
clean room
good technical challenges
Good opportunity to grow. Interesting work. Continued technical challenges allow for personal growth, though work can be demanding at times. I was allowed to learn PCIe protocol with no prior knowledge and contribute. Most enjoyable : interesting/challenging work. Biggest challenge: high level of demand.
Pros
good opportunities
Cons
too much work
Long hours, unappreciative management.
24/7 coverage work schedule with 12hr days. The work weeks are rough, but you are paid fairly well for it. Not much time for life outside of the factory. Work culture does not include positive reinforcement. There is opportunity to move from job to job; not all are the same. However, there is no room for any real advancement.
Good benefits, enjoyed AWS(alternative work schedule) 3 on 4 off 3 off 4 on 12 hour shifts. Greta support from Management and Engineering group. Dedicated to assisting employees with learning, training, and very family oriented.
Pros
Paid for full 12.25 hour shifts with 2 hours worth of breaks.
Cons
Occasional weather issues in Fort Collins
To much drama, not enough production.
Great benefits..To much drama..Socially uncomfortable work place.
Too "DIVERSE work crew." Seemed the workplace was to focused on employee diversity, and not as focused on hard working individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible social environment
a rewarding workplace for intellectual types
Very rewarding workplace for those who enjoy a technical and intellectual work environment.
Long lunches, decent pay, and decent benefits.

Very fast paced and 12 hour work days
Pros
long, paid lunches. short work week (3-4 days)
Cons
demanding and stressful. busy some days, nothing to do other days