Avail Vapor
60Average

Avail Vapor Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager23 reviews
United States23 reviews
Great place to work if your a hard worker and goal oriented. But if you don't hit your sales goals your job is on the line. Management is hard on the employees to get sales goals.
Pros
Discounts, Customer Service
Cons
Long days, Really no breaks
Poor upper level management, the pay isn’t that good, worked there 2 years and never received a raise, bonuses are ok but extremely difficult to achieve, District Managers will micro management you yet fail to give you the support you need, lots of favoritism from corporate down to district managers and store managers who’ve been with the company a while, corporate is out of touch, archaic style/system of relaying info to implodes but they will still hold you accountable for every bit of it
Management at district level is inconsistent at best. The company wants to appear sales based but offers little compensation for successful salespeople. The job itself is easy when HQ keeps the stores supplied. Otherwise you will be yelled at by customers for not having product and then critiqued for not achieving unattainable goals.
Overall a great place to work/learn.
This company will teach you to work harder than you’ve ever imagined. (This company) Has a great sense of helping the community and enlightening their employees. Overall, great place to work and or at least consider, if looking for a career.
Awful, really a horrible place. Awful and bad. Terrible, and not good. Bad, and not swell. Horrendous and the opposite of great. Don't work here. You'll get screamed at by the district manager.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not the best retail, but best vape for sure. My time at Avail has been awesome the store manager compensation is fair. The sales driving is on par with other retail company’s. All in all it’s a positive experience, but still a retail company with its faults.
Customer Service, Grass root marketing, Management, Inventory Auditing. Advertisements, recruitment, One on one meetings. Call backs for customers on how their product went.
Spending your time helping others transition to a better life style while being in a fun and competitive environment! Truly enjoyable and great company to grow in!
As a manager you only have two other employees. If those employees quit because of pay or decide to leave for better opportunities your forced to work 7 days a week open to close. With no help & no direction from management. You are asked to acquire unreasonable revenue in a fairly new market. It’s ludicrous & stressful. I wouldn’t recommend anyone work here
Pros
Manager Salary
Cons
Upper management
I wish I didnt have to move away. It was a dream job for me. As soon as one pops up in louisiana, I'm there. Being someone who can properly educate people about vaping and the right and wrong way.
Pros
Great atomosphere
Cons
None really
Great place to work with little problems. Sales is the job and as long as you can do that you are golden. Hours are standard retail and you have a good support system in place.Training and professional development are of top priority.
Pros
Discount, room for advancement
Cons
Hours
Very easy day to day environment. Slow and relaxed. Pay is decent considering work expected. No room for growth and poor management. Training was very well
Pros
Relaxed, good training
Cons
Lack of growth
I started as a PT- ASM with Avail in Toledo, Oh. Being a previous smoker of 2 packs a day to vaping 100% in 2010, I feel like my job is more than a paycheck. It's a life changing adventure!

I was promoted to Store Manager within 1 month of being a Part Time Assistant manager and after noticing an opening at a higher volume store in Columbus, Oh. Relocated with my wife to take the role! I never considered relocating with any other company I've worked for, and my salary at GameStop in Michigan was lower than it would have been with a new store. So why did I relocate for this company? Because I am noticed for even small things I do!

I have met the CEO Face to face and he willingly sat down one on one with me to give me insight on how to be a memorable leader. I have worked under the best DSM ever. I want to move up in the ranks and will continue to grow with the company as long as it is around.

Take the chance with Avail Vapor LLC, Become linked in with the change of lifestyle from smoking to Vaping. And be the reason another person's life is changed for the better! We Are Avail!

The definition of "Avail" is To help or benefit. I'd say this follows true to the name of the brand, as well as everyone who joins the company!
Pros
Simple tasks, rewarding, laid back, awesome perks, Discounts, bonus pay
Cons
Could do with a little more family time
Worked for the company when it first made it appearance in NC, management was terrible. They sold you the perfect dream job and did not own up to minimal expectations.
I have been with the company as a SSM for about a month. I love the company so far and I really stand behind the products we sell that save lives by getting people to stop smoking! I've read other reviews, and while I can not say if they are accurate, my experience so far has been nothing but excellent! Great benefits, great bonus incentives, and a booming company!
Pros
Benefits, discounts, future!
Cons
Really cant think of any
I currently work for Avail Vapor and it's one of the best companies I've ever worked for. My stress levels are down compared to other companies I've worked for in the past. In a management role, I am responsible for the staffing, marketing, and growth of my store. I am given the tools needed to make my job relatively easy. The company was going through some growing pains when I first joined about 18 months ago and has changed so much for the better since I've been here. The mid level management in Ohio is great. They are very analytical and will work with and coach front line managers to get them where they need to be. Avail Vapor isn't afraid to try new things based on feedback from their employees and customers. I would love to one day retire with this company, my only issue is the store manager salary. It's low based on my past salaries at other companies. It's great pay for entry level management but not experienced. All in all Avail is a great place to work and I'm proud to say that.
Pros
Relaxed, Low Stress, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off
Cons
Store manager salary, The uniform (Vest)
Great people and also a great business structure, working to help people quit smoking and taking steps forward to a healthy way of life. Meanwhile, conducting a professional and informative environment for vendors and consumers.
Hated working here for such a long time. Never got recognized for all of the hard work and hardly even got promoted. It is easy work but is quite tedious.
A typical day of work consists of running a shift smoothly. Customers will be in and out of the store and be provided with great customer service with a big smile. Assisting people with such a dramatic change to their lifestyle is serious and is treated as such. I learned quite a lot about running shifts and meeting new people. Management is by far the hardest thing to do in a retail operation. At AVAIL Vapor LLC. it was well worth the effort. Co-workers are what got me through my day. Everyone is very supportive and assisting when necessary. The hardest part of the job is not having something a customer prefers. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the products that a customer wants and being able to assist with the transition. Knowing that you have helped a complete stranger make a life changing choice and helping them doing so leads to great customer relations.
I've been working for Avail for over 6 months. In less than six months with the company, I progressed to a store manager position. Not only do I love working for the company, but I CONSTANTLY recruit others who vape to join the company as well. The opportunity for advancement is HUGE right now. If you work hard and you perform well, you WILL find success with the company.

The upper level management is very accessible and the support for new manager, store managers, even sales associates is far beyond anywhere else I've ever worked. What other company can I email the President of Retail Operations or the CFO with an issue and hear back almost immediately, and with immediate help.

Since it is a new company, there are of course growing pains. I won't lie, at time this can be slightly irritating, but at the same time being a part of helping grow a young company into what it is now and what it can be is incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Great work/life balance, good benefits, competitive pay, wonderful company culture.
Cons
Constant changes to procedures and expectations, but not without reason and support through frequent transition periods..
Avail Vapor helped me to quit smoking as a customer. As an employee my work/life balance has improved. Mon-Thurs stores close at 8pm, Fri and Sat stores close at 9, and Sundays the store closes at 7pm. This company offers alot of room for growth. Stores are popping up everywhere! As a store manager you work approx 45 hours. Every day you meet new people who are excited to try a safer option then traditional cigarettes. Customers develop very personal relationships with staff. It's a fast paced job and requires you take ownership of you store.
Pros
Work/ life balance, growth, benefits, ownership
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avail Vapor. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Store Manager
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more