Avalon Flooring Employee Reviews

Featured review
Avalon Flooring selected this as a representative review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 5, 2019
I have been with Avalon flooring almost 6 months and Avalon really strives to take care of their customers and employees. I look forward to my future at Avalon.
It can be stressful but what job isnt
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 21, 2019
A typical day here is almost a roll of the dice. You can come in and it could be a good day. The next you could be mad at the world. It's very fast paced sometimes it can be overwhelming. Management is ok I guess, but I've had better in a past career. But no situation is going to be perfect. Pay is the one thing that can be rough, especially someone who is single. Cause in Jersey it's so expensive to live here, you really need two incomes to make ends meet. I dont have to worry about that, but I cant speak for other people's situations. Benefits is where this company really does shine. You do get plenty of options when it comes to benefits. They do have good guys on the floor that are easy to get along with. You can have great camaraderie with those guys. Which makes some days where you're stressed out an overwhelmed much more tolerable. The biggest negative I would have would be stress. This job sometimes can raise you're blood pressure, but the biggest thing is try to keep it under control and just let things roll off your back. It can be tough to do but it's really the only way to keep from blowing up and getting into a bad situation. You have to find that middle ground.
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers on the floor
Cons
Work can be overwhelming. Stress and tough to make a living without two incomes if you're single
Installation Assistant
Administrative Installation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 8, 2019
Avalon is a great company to work for if you enjoy looking at beautiful home decor all day. Due to the fast paced environment you will be challenged in the day to day required task. My current location has the feeling of a family atmosphere among co workers. I am glad about joining the Avalon family! My only adverse opinion would be the misplacement of talent in Management positions.
Pros
Family work environment, compatibility of compensation, hour lunch
Don't work here if you want to Keep your mental Health in check.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 1, 2019
Absolutely atrocious upper Management who walk into 1/14 stores and act like they own the place, but don't bother to introduce themselves to people who work there on a daily basis.

HR coordinator is an absolutely uneducated human being who handles situations by turning them all around to be your fault. She handles harassment accusations by putting the accused and the victim in the same room and forcing them to talk it out and then continue to work together.

there is definitely favoritism within this company, and no matter how much the favorites do wrong, they will always be okay never at risk of being replaced.

The longer you stay, the more you will feel obligated to please them and the less you will put yourself first and your mental health will deplete.

if you're smart you'll stay away!
Good place to work for, not great, but good.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2019
It's a good place to work, but settle in, don't expect much change.
The environment can be stressful, but your day-to-day coworkers can be supportive.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Short break, corporate management, and workload
I was transferred to train 4 new salespeople and then fired.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJNovember 1, 2018
I was the only Spanish speaking person hired in a spanish cultured location. After the owner passed, the new ownership decided to close the location and I was transferred to another location 30 minutes further away. I was given 4 new young sales people to train who were offered 1/3 less than I was making to do the same job. After I trained them they said sales weren't as good after saturating the floor with new people. Then they let me go saying they couldn't afford me and the new location did not need Spanish speaking sales because it was not an area that had Spanish consumers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and no consecutive days off
Set up
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, NJApril 21, 2018
The review about an employee at rio grande having too many bosses is someone who stopped working last summer there and went to a local competitor. He was there for a while. Waited for another person to leave to comment so they can hide behind it
Stressful and overwhelming
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, NJApril 6, 2018
Would not recommend, you are micro managed all the time. Upper management does not listen to sales people when issues arise. You always have to worry about other sales people taking your sales, and be ready to work long hours and work seven days a week to make sales. Training and health insurance are very good. Store manager is good with numbers but has very bad people skills, and does not know how to properly manage the sales team.
Pros
Training and Health benefits
Cons
Too many bosses
Construction Life
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 19, 2018
A typical day was stressful and hard but it's part of the construction life. I met and worked with good and bad. I really enjoyed working with the installers although that was crazy at times as well.
Pros
Very good health benefits
Cons
Felt unappreciated at times.
Hard working environment everyone was friendly tho
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Avalon flooring was a good strong work place with great management . Wish it had a little bit more room to advance into management . Overall solid place to work all around .
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Short breaks cause lunch room was so far from the clock out
It's like working for the Mob
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania LocationJanuary 30, 2018
Every positive review on this site has been fabricated by the corporate office. If there is any culture at Avalon it is dishonest and lacking a moral compass. The upper management takes all the money for themselves while the other 92% of the company is paid poorly. As a sales person, you will only make $30,000 a year and will only see commission money after delivering $40,000 each month. There is zero work/life balance.
done
Sales/ interior design consultant (Former Employee) –  Fire road Egg Harbor TownshipOctober 24, 2017
Greeting new people and designing backsplashes and knowing the proper flooring for are in which they reside in order to provide correct flooring as in different woods specifications. Workplace culture was excellent. I learned how to design tile floors/,backsplashes and all about carpeting and wood flooring. I enjoyed the most designing and working with people understanding what they truly expected in their home.
Pros
designing
From Non Sales Point of View
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 24, 2017
Avalon offers many benefits and is a good work environment. I enjoyed my part time position here and it paid well and gave me the option to enter sales.
Work Place Culture
Warehouse worker/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 15, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. Great pay and benefits Easy work environment Room for growth within the company. Several location to choose from in NJ and Pa
Productive work place
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 2, 2017
Answering, emails, printing invoices and processing about 200 invoices and correcting price and quantity issues. I have learned the operations of industry work compared to corporate, Management was great and the workplace was state of the art. The hardest part of my job was the purchasing department not getting back to you on time.The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and learning the industry.
employeed, have benefits and learned a new product line
Purchasing Agent - Corporate Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 9, 2017
Avalon is a good company overall. I just wish you were paid on your experience and knowledge instead "just like everyone else in your department". I also which we had to work at a satellite store closer to home a couple of days a week. It would allow for a better Job Work/Life balance in spades.
Installation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJanuary 15, 2017
It's a good place to work. Benefits are good and they are trying to be a better place to work. In house promotions always come first but I feel they overlook you for another position if you are good at what you are currently doing. I have learned a lot about working with others and professionalism
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Commute
good opportunity to work with customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 18, 2016
In a retail setting, it is nice working with customers, builders and interior designers to help them design, educate and select appropriate flooring for their needs.
Decent Place To Work For
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 8, 2016
The staff here is very friendly and there are many of the higher ups who have been with the company forever. As part of the office staff you have your typical work hours 8am to 5pm. Administrative staff can expect to do the same things day in and day out if you like a job with variety and always having something different to do this is not it. However once you do get your job functions and do well by them there is room to grow and move higher up within the company.

Avalon has very good benefits medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and 401K. I also believe they have a profit sharing program.

If you plan on doing sales within this company expect to work very long hours and expect to be in a very competitive environment. There tends to be SILENT in house fighting over sales but in sales I guess that is the territory. Some people do extremely well and get rewarded by being in the Presidents Club but most fall short and never meet that goal and get so far in a hole with their commissions vs salary ratio that eventually you get fired or quit.

Administrative Staff: $13.00 - $15.00 a hour depending on location and experience

Warehouse Staff: $12.00 - $15.00

These wages could have changed since I have been there but I doubt it.
Pros
Good Benefits, Nice People
Cons
Long Hours, Boring with no Variety
Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2014
While working for Avalon, it was an honor to have been able to learn about Marketing, Products, Executive Administrative skills, Managerment.
I have worked for Avalon for four years and eleven months.

I don't have any negative words to say about Avalon, even though I was let go to move on to something better and challenging.

I have learned that it is important to learn the business and help them to accomplish their mission.
Avalon was a fast pace environment; it kept you on your stoes, multi-tasking on a daily bases. Assist co-worker/ sales person. There was no one there that I did not get along with. However, it was alway room to improve; in my reconcilation report.
I enjoy meeting new people; Customer purchasing material or just picking up there merchandise.

I thank Avalon for the experience education I have learn while working for them.
I am sure that I will perform my next mission with excellent.
Out of the norm for me, but fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 1, 2014
Provided sales expertise and design consultation with designers and builders on flooring and window treatments.
I enjoyed this job, but did not like working on commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon Flooring. Our community is ready to answer.