Avalon Health Care Group

Avalon Health Care Group Employee Reviews

United States165 reviews
Featured review
Avalon Health Care Group selected this as a representative review
Avalon health care is a very good company and i enjoyed every day working there. The work environment was amazing and all my co-workers were perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better job.
Fair pay excellent nursing staff. Good food. Wonderful CNA staff. Good management. Good scheduling. Nice atmosphere...................... ...........
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor management
This company's director and management staff treat the working staff horribly. The resident to cna care is so much and so heavy that you cannot give the residents the care they deserve. Because the job is too much there is a constant problem with staffing
Avalon is a good place to work, management is pretty good and values are great. Training was a bit strained as I started at the begining of quarantine.
It feels like family not just coworkers! We have the best managers and nurses, everyone is really helpful! The benefits are the only down side. Other then that I have never felt so appreciated and a purpose in my job. I love it here!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
They treated me immediately from the beginning like I was family. I came up with an easier way to organize paper and keep track of different regions that they have taken on and use to teach their other new hires.
The location was great. But the pay and benefit was low. Health insurance was high deductible. There were unnecessary wrote up and suspended. I felt scared and afraid that i might lose my licence. I felt that i was working really hard with unappreciated and notice from the company.
It was a very good experience I loved my job and my veterans but the pay was not too good with me being 4 yrs in management had favoritism and didn't really look at recognition
They have new management and things are getting better everyday. Working the floor can be challenging at times with many tasks but managers are there too readily help. Staff genuinely love what they do and love the residents. It is an older building but the staff Friendliness make up for it.
Director of nursing turnover and lots of agency being short staffed every shift where the residents dont get the care they need. Lots of stress and anxiety without help from administrztipn
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Avalon Health Care Group?
It’s ok for work experience. The compensation is lacking. If you are sick, you are required to grind a replacement for your shift. This job is ok for a young person going to school.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Pay is lacking
Service to our Nations Veterans is of some of the best As a nurse and fellow veteran I could feel a difference in the delivery of care This is a very unique and diverse company to work for. There is much investment in employees to achieve goals just a very positive atmosphere
No flexibility and asked to pick up extra hours. If you dint suck up to the administrator he will put a target on your back. It is a hostile and toxic place to work..glad I keft
They hire anyone u get no training and it like hs run DSD does nothing when there is a problem . DON IS HELPFUL. But other than that I would not recommend any nurse to work here for any reason
Avalon has been the most inclusive and diverse company I've ever worked for! They care about every employees opinion no matter your position, and are always embracing change for the better! If you're looking for a place to work for a cause you care for this is the place!
Avalon Health Care is a great company to work for! Multiple locations giving endless options for advancements. I know many people here that have started out as CNA and moved their way up to Business Office Managers and beyond that!
I enjoy working here because I feel appreciated and my ideas are heard, considered and a lot of times implemented to better the team/company.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company, they are very flexible with hours, have pretty good benefits, allows me to work remotely if necessary, great management, and learning new things everyday.
Pros
Benefits, food truck, pay, friendly co workers and management, a place where I feel I make a difference.
Cons
nothing bad to say about the company
Working at Avalon is great! We have lots of opportunities for training & advancing our position. Culture is fun and light-hearted at corporate. We're all here to do the best we can for residents & the community & it shows.
Avalon Health Care is a great company to work for. I have enjoyed working with my team as we all get along well. Everyone here wants to work hard and to do a good job. Our boss supports us in what we need. He is very understanding and willing to help.
I like working there but there is a substantial amount of charting and some unnecessary charting to be done daily that most of us can't get off on time.
Good place to learn, and grow and learn new things. Great co- workers, good cummunication with cna's and Rns would like better communication with administration.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon Health Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
1.2Personal Development
1.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight