Avalon Health Care Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 22, 2019
A great company to work with who believes in providing the best care for the residents that live in the Veterans home, as well as ensuring that their employees provide the best, highest quality of care to the residents.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116January 22, 2019
- Learned how to work in highly organized and time conscious company.
- Comfortable and friendly work place.
- Filing, data entry, organization.
- Good management
Flexible scheduling
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 7, 2018
A good part time job for people with non traditional schedules. Good experience for people in psychology or social service majors. Must have reliable transportation.
Poorly Managed
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2018
Poorly managed with very little paid time off. Poor training program. Facility is run down and neglected. Staff are fleeing for better opportunities.
Pros
Checks don't bounce
Cons
Many
Director of Talent Acquisition and Retention (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 20, 2018
I work at the corporate building and everyone here is always in a good mood. It makes the work atmosphere so much better. The management here is very professional and always greets you in the hallway. By far the best work environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Need more parking
North canyon
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North canyon UtahOctober 29, 2018
The worst place I worked in, they always have low staff , and make us work days that aren’t on our schedule, state comes a lot and they tell you to say you aren’t under staff when they don’t do anything about it , they have 4 CNAs work often, it’s stressful , it’s really not worth it , males without a Cna we’re getting paid more than someone who had a CNA license . CNA coordinator never has time to listen to your problems same with the administrator.
Cons
No time for break/ lunch sometimes
Staff was good; management unrealistic; no work life balance for salary positions
Unit Manager/ ADON (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 27, 2018
Multiple broken processes. Unrealistic expectations. Little to near NO orientation or training. Management local and corporate level fairly new inexperienced and unrealistic.
Pros
None... staff nice
Cons
Lack of leadership
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 15, 2018
I loved working at Willow Glen in Brigham city! I made lifelong friends and loved the residents. This was a very emotionally rewarding place to work. Only issues were when you have to work understaffed, the patients don't get the care they deserve and you are under major stress when understaffed.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Short staffed, low pay
The worse place I’ve ever worked at
Pioneer care center (Former Employee) –  Brigham city, utahSeptember 25, 2018
The most stressful job I’ve ever worked, you’d think it’d be because of the actual work i do? No, its because of the staff they are competing to be the better one so they lie on each other's nAmes. My co-workers seen i was doing my job a lot better than they were and they got so jealous they started going to the “boss” and lied about me. She took their word and instead of asking me first she accused me of neglecting my job and said i need to do better so i said okay and left 2 weeks later because i would get talked to badly from certain people that work their. So NO i do not recommend this place of work.
Pros
Meeting wonderful elders you care for
Cons
Everything else
It was fine
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chowchilla, CA 93610August 31, 2018
THE PLACE WAS OK....I think a approving I can say for being in a small town like Chowchilla i can it`s o.k the management at the time was on top of things never had a problem.
Pros
NIce people
Cons
hire more people

Want to know more about Avalon Health Care Group?

Ask a question
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Andreas, CAAugust 30, 2018
Good place to work and learn new skills. This company is flexible with hours. There's plenty of overtime if desired. Good culture and support. Highly recommend
Not there long enough to judge
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 2, 2018
Only worked with this company as a nurse for a short period of time. I worked an evening shift so it wasn't good for my family life. They do offer a weekend options work schedule which I think is awesome for someone in school or have other things that they have during the week
The worse job ever
Gofer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 1, 2018
My so called boss was the biggest joke ever!! Most of the people that work there work there because they honestly couldn’t work in a real medical setting!!! Left for much better job/pay
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Worked in small smelly office the size of a closet
Stay clear
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTAugust 1, 2018
Stay clear of this company. Illegal comment’s made by one individual in upper management.
If you are in the facilities field you have to make a choice of meeting the needs of the residents, staff and building or keeping up with the required administrative documentation.
I wouldn’t recommend anyone that is going to work in the facilities field working for this company
Pros
Staff and residents
Job as a CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2018
Working here was very stressful. I worked here for 2 years and it drove me almost insane. I was lifting while pregnant even though i had a drs note not to. And i was over worked and underpaid. Especially for the toxic work place.
good place to start and gain more experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 8, 2018
i start my job by getting report from each resident, make sure resident is in the facility,we do hydration,take vital signs from some residents,then toileting them if something seems different in a resident notify to the nurse,i start doing my charting,do check up every 15 minutes and keep doing charting,we do toileting rounds every 2 hours, at the last round we dress up some resident and get then up also,last round is the hardest for me, because we have to do other things depends on some residents health and i enjoy when my job is complete.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
i think we dont have a good medical insurance
No employee appreciation
Admissions director (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 22, 2018
Management is slow to do anything to improve the culture of the company. They offer little PTO so within your first two years you maybe have 1 week of vacation. The pay is minimal compared to the competitors in the area. Strong corporate oversight on everything. If you want to feel belittled in a company and never be appreciated this is the job for you
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Micromanaging, poor management
Progressive and Professional
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
I completed multiple tasks throughout the day and as an Administrator, each day is different. Focus, policies, and regulations are ever changing in this industry.
Pros
Professional Support
Cons
Work/Life balance
Slow paced, very political, nepotism is a big problem
Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2018
There are a lot of good people that work here. I enjoyed my time overall working with my coworkers. The management has no respect for the smaller employees. Job turnover is very high. There are a lot of things that need to be improved such as PPs, compliance, HR......
Pros
good pay, administrative staff is amazing
Cons
owner, drama
High Stress but High reward
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTApril 28, 2018
The residents were wonderful, staff was very down to earth for the most part, however staffing was not optimal, and often had to heavy of resident assignments, they do not work with schedules very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon Health Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8